Losing weight on Deployment - AnabolicMinds.com

Losing weight on Deployment

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Losing weight on Deployment

I'm not gonna lie, I pretty much let myself balloon up. I'm a reservist and when I wasnt at my job back home, I was either watching tv or eating or doing some other crap lazy people do. Well, I'm currently deployed now and have set my mind on becomming fit again. I started out at 207lbs, 15" neck and a 41" gut...came out to 28%BF. That was a wake up call, it's been a little over a month and I'm 201lbs, 16.5" neck and a 37" gut....21%BF. (I'm not sure if they measured my neck right the first time, but they do it 3 times and take the average so I guess they're right.) Anyway, I'm getting back on track and my goal is to drop at least another 5" off the waist during this deployment. When people say eating right is 90% of the work, they're definitely telling the truth. Some carbs breakfast and lunch...but very little and meat and veggies for dinner. As far as working out, we play basketball a few times a week and when I lift I do shrugs and rows starting with the 65lb dumbbell doing a set of 10 and working down in increments of 5lbs to the 20lb dumbbell and doing a set of 20. Then i usually hit up the leg press and do 3 to 5 sets of 20 with 600lbs. Don't know how in depth this log is gonna be...depends on computer time.
    Just got my own internet store, great gifts for Fathers day. Watches, Jewelry, Cologne, Vitamins
    www.amway.com/Jlandep

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

So, the rest of this week was pretty much just cardio for an hour (eliptical and stationary bike) then finishing it off with the leg press each day. Ate desert on Wednesday (I eat desert once every 2 weeks) Everything else has been on point.
    Just got my own internet store, great gifts for Fathers day. Watches, Jewelry, Cologne, Vitamins
    www.amway.com/Jlandep
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Legs today, leg press and body weight calf raises

Leg press 800lbs, 5 sets of 10 reps...sets of 50 calf raises in between each set of presses.

Leg press 600lbs, 5 sets of 10 reps...sets of 50 calf raises in between each set of presses.

Leg press 400lbs, 2 sets of 25 reps

Leg press 200lbs, 1 set of 50 reps
    www.amway.com/Jlandep
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Calves are killing me today, but nothing unbearable...weighed in at 196.4lbs today.
    www.amway.com/Jlandep
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

congrats on the desire to lose
    and thanks for your service!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Shoulders yesterday

Dumbbell Shrugs

70lbs x 10reps
    65lbs x 10reps
    60lbs x 10reps
    55lbs x 10reps
    50lbs x 10reps
    45lbs x 10reps
    40lbs x 10 reps
    35lbs x 10reps
    30lbs x 20reps (someone had the 25's)
    20lbs x 10reps x 10 sets
    www.amway.com/Jlandep
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Cardio today...hit up the eliptical.

Set it on the interval hill setting and got a 15:10 2 mile and then did a straight run and got a 12:30 2 mile.
    www.amway.com/Jlandep
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Legs today

Leg press

800lbs x 3 sets of 10
    600lbs x 4 sets of 10
    400lbs x 5 sets of 10

50 calf raises in between each set of presses.
    www.amway.com/Jlandep
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

So far it's been runing on Mon and Fri
    Shoulders and Back on Tues
    Abs on Wed
    Legs on Thurs. (Now my team does the same leg workout I do so it takes longer. Also added 100 jumping jacks and 100 criss cross jacks to the end of the workout.
    www.amway.com/Jlandep
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Keep it going man. I'm using my deployment for mass and its been going nice, I got next month to cut before I go home. Best of luck to you.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Weighed in and got taped, sitting at 195lbs and 16%bf (looks like more in the mirror) Work out had to change again, having trouble with my run time. S Now its strictly push ups, Sit ups, running and cardio machines. Did the first day fo the insanity work out today too.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Tried uploading some pics, didn't realize things had changed...I dont have enough post to do it yet.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Did day 2 of the Insanity work out today, it was the cardio power and resistance video. My NCO saw me doing it yesterday and decided to join me today...kicked both our butts.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Good for you, keep it up.

Thank you for your service!
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  135 lbs.

Ok #1 The army tape test is complete bull ****, I am 200lbs right around 15-16% BF and when i get taped they say i am 22% BF and i can see my abs.... and some guy comes in who is a complete fatass I MEAN all he has is fat and he gets 18%BF when he gets taped.... **** THE ARMY TAPE STANDARD. But hey GL on your goals you will be able to do it I am currently in Afghanistan i bulked from 150 - 200lbs over here with minimal fat gains which is really hard eating in the chow hall but I made the best of what i could thank god the chow hall here serves tuna everyday lol. So first thing you need to do is figure out your BMR this is the formula that I have used for awhile and it has worked well for me... BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year ) then once you figure your BMR then you need to figure out your Maintenance based on activity the formulas for that are below:
    1. If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    2. If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    3. If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    4. If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    5. If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Once you figure out your maintenance use the rule of thumb and subtract 500 calories from that and then you need to weight yourself each week you should only be losing 1-2lbs a week max if your losing more than that its a good chance you are losing muscle mass (not good). Then you need to get your macro nutrients I have noticed when i am trying to cut BF that I need to eat around 150 - 200 grams of carbs a day... cut off carbs after meal 3 or 4 so meals 5, 6, 7 will only be Protein/Fats this way you will burn off the remaining carbs and dip into your fat stores But for bulking i will go with the 40/40/20 breakdown i would start off with that and just adjust if its not working for you raise your fats and drop your carbs, also I have noticed what works best for me is light - moderate cardio i usually just walk at an incline for 45 min and sip on glutamine and BCAA's because I am scared of losing muscle mass. I hope some of this advise helped you I was in a hurry so if grammar is bad I apologize haha i am at work and my First Sergent is yelling at me to go do something haha
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Thanks Smith, I realize the army's taping is off but thats what they use so its what im going by. At least for while I'm out here. Either way its good for reference to see how much I've lost. If I get to 190lbs, that'll be fine with me. Realized that as long as I lose the fat, the weight is an arbitrary number now. Thank you for the formula's, I'll be using them.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

The before pics are from my going away party, was goin back and forward from shots of tequila to Jack Daniels Single barrel.

I got a couple more pics, gotta wait for them to upload to photobucket.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

The first one is an old pic, just under 23%BF and the other 2 are the same pic but ones closer up. Don't have any with a shirt off at 28%, wish I did

Similar Forum Threads

1. Losing Weight Without Losing Muscle
    By SimplyDraven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 03:07 AM
  2. I need help losing weight....
    By shmerica in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 12:05 PM
  3. losing weight.... i think
    By quakebks in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4