JudoJosh is "Moving North of Vag" with USPlabs at his back

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

10/10
    So I counted my prime that I have and it looks like I have about 2.5 weeks left so after this is done I will deload for a week and then come back to it. On another note the DAA is defientely kicking in. Libido is waay up. I must say I never really get anything from online pictures.. more of a like "eh she looks good" But now I am seriously turned on by them, like seriously.. like I am about to go and buy me a blow up doll!!!! So the DAA is definetely kicking in. I will continue with it until my prime is done. Weight is still around 191.. I am waiting for that 189.. Gonna step up strength cardio to try and help my weight along.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

MONDAY MOTIVATION

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Weight is still around 191.. I am waiting for that 189.. Gonna step up strength cardio to try and help my weight along.
    If your gym has a sauna you could shower and then sweat some more after your workouts.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    If your gym has a sauna you could shower and then sweat some more after your workouts.
    yea but thats just water, hes trying to cut down on that adipose tissue!!!
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Just thinking outside the box. Don't want him getting caught up in doing too much cardio and losing some lean mass.

• During a 10-20 minute sauna session, your heart rate increases by 50-75%. This provides the same metabolic result as physical exercise. The increased cardiac load is the equivalent to a brisk walk. There is a nominal effect on blood pressure because the heat also causes blood vessels in skin to expand to accommodate increased blood flow.
    • Blood vessels become more flexible and there is increased circulation to the extremities. During a sauna, blood flow to the skin increases to as high as 50-70% of cardiac output (compared to the standard 5-10%). This brings nutrients to subcutaneous and surface tissue resulting in glowing healthy skin.
    • Steambaths and saunas induce sweating to provide a comprehensive cleansing of the skin and sweat glands. Skin is the largest organ in the body. 30% of body wastes are passed through the skin. Profuse sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of the skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from the body.
    • When taking a sauna, skin temperature rises to 40°C (104°F) and internal body temperature rises to about 38°C (100.4°F). Exposure to the high heat creates an artificial fever state. Fever is part of the body’s natural healing process. Fever stimulates the immune system resulting in increased production of disease fighting white blood cells, antibodies and interferon (an anti viral protein with cancer fighting capability).
    • Spas and other such therapeutic facilities utilize saunas and steambaths in conjunction with massage to loosen fatty tissue and assist in the battle against cellulite.
    • Many regular steam and sauna users claim that a “good sweat” at the onset helps relieve and ward off the most severe symptoms of cold or flu.

Regardless Josh, if you do up the cardio, make sure you counter that by upping the calories slightly (maybe ~300,) as well.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.43%

JOsh i know i haven't been son apparent in this log but i'm still following along my friend!! Silent bob that was a great read and make sure josh you listen to that advice for it is good advice my friend!
    Your Competitive Advantage
    Lift Smart, Lift Hard, Lift For a Lifetime
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.34%

ahhh i need to start hitting the sauna again, this was a good reminder. for a while i was going every sunday, steamroom - sauna - pool repeat for an hour or so. feel like a million dollars afterwards.
  8. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

When I first read that post the first thing I thought was "yea thats just water weight though.. untill I read your follow up post

Just what I was thinking till I saw his response

Just thinking outside the box. Don't want him getting caught up in doing too much cardio and losing some lean mass.

• During a 10-20 minute sauna session, your heart rate increases by 50-75%. This provides the same metabolic result as physical exercise. The increased cardiac load is the equivalent to a brisk walk. There is a nominal effect on blood pressure because the heat also causes blood vessels in skin to expand to accommodate increased blood flow.
    • Blood vessels become more flexible and there is increased circulation to the extremities. During a sauna, blood flow to the skin increases to as high as 50-70% of cardiac output (compared to the standard 5-10%). This brings nutrients to subcutaneous and surface tissue resulting in glowing healthy skin.
    • Steambaths and saunas induce sweating to provide a comprehensive cleansing of the skin and sweat glands. Skin is the largest organ in the body. 30% of body wastes are passed through the skin. Profuse sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of the skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from the body.
    • When taking a sauna, skin temperature rises to 40°C (104°F) and internal body temperature rises to about 38°C (100.4°F). Exposure to the high heat creates an artificial fever state. Fever is part of the body’s natural healing process. Fever stimulates the immune system resulting in increased production of disease fighting white blood cells, antibodies and interferon (an anti viral protein with cancer fighting capability).
    • Spas and other such therapeutic facilities utilize saunas and steambaths in conjunction with massage to loosen fatty tissue and assist in the battle against cellulite.
    • Many regular steam and sauna users claim that a “good sweat” at the onset helps relieve and ward off the most severe symptoms of cold or flu.

Regardless Josh, if you do up the cardio, make sure you counter that by upping the calories slightly (maybe ~300,) as well.
    Awesome info man... I honestly never knew any of this. I sometimes hear people talk about going into a sauna to loose weight and I always shake my head in disapproval thinking "its just water weight numbnuts all your going to do is dehydrate yourself and then gain it back when you drink again" boy was I wrong. Again thanks for that tid bit bud!!! Only probleme is I don't have a gym membership... I wonder if I close my bathroom door and run the hat water if I can get it hot enough to reap the same benefits. I guess I can take a thermoniter with me and see if my internal temp raises to 100.4.
  9. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelael View Post
    JOsh i know i haven't been son apparent in this log but i'm still following along my friend!! Silent bob that was a great read and make sure josh you listen to that advice for it is good advice my friend!
    Glad your still along buddy. That video was awesome.. nothing more inspiring then listening to the wisdom and advice from a dying man
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Very awesome video! and really cool info on sauna's, I was thinking of saving up for the one you can get at Canadian tire, it's like a single sauna for around 900 it looks pretty kick ass lol

Loving the log Josh! keep up the good work!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  11. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Very awesome video! and really cool info on sauna's, I was thinking of saving up for the one you can get at Canadian tire, it's like a single sauna for around 900 it looks pretty kick ass lol

Loving the log Josh! keep up the good work!
    Thanks bud! That would be awesome if you can have your own personal sauna, I don't think I have the room in my house. I am gonna try the bathroom tomorow. Run a hot bath and while the steam is building do some major foam rolling and stretching then jump in the bathroom and hopefully reap the benefits from a sauna and massage. I might even throw some Epsom salt in the tub and soak in that for awhile too.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks bud! That would be awesome if you can have your own personal sauna, I don't think I have the room in my house. I am gonna try the bathroom tomorow. Run a hot bath and while the steam is building do some major foam rolling and stretching then jump in the bathroom and hopefully reap the benefits from a sauna and massage. I might even throw some Epsom salt in the tub and soak in that for awhile too.
    A couple months ago I was looking into tricks to recover faster and I came across this, not to sure if you have heard of this but it's called Contrast Water Therapy.

It seems pretty interesting I tried it once, wasn't too bad, def feels like it shocks the body abit lol

Here is the link of what I was reading-
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/s...r-Exercise.htm

It talking about it under #8

How to use contrast water therapy: While taking your post-exercise shower, alternate 2 minutes of hot water with 30 seconds of cold water. Repeat four times with a minute of moderate temperatures between each hot-cold spray.

Thought I'd share it with ya, let me know what you think of it if you try it

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%

A couple months ago I was looking into tricks to recover faster and I came across this, not to sure if you have heard of this but it's called Contrast Water Therapy.

It seems pretty interesting I tried it once, wasn't too bad, def feels like it shocks the body abit lol

How to use contrast water therapy: While taking your post-exercise shower, alternate 2 minutes of hot water with 30 seconds of cold water. Repeat four times with a minute of moderate temperatures between each hot-cold spray.

I remember reading about that. I tried it a few times but I wasn't consistent enough with it.
    WHITE WHALE!
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.25%

I remember reading about that. I tried it a few times but I wasn't consistent enough with it.
    Well it's def not relaxing as the hottub or sauna thats for sure lol

15. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

I have actually tried cold water therapy before. I think it was someone on this site that recomended it actually. Anyway I felt a little something from it I did it for about a week and a half but then slacked off. I didn't go back and forth between cold and hot though I just slowly turned the water colder and colder while I was showering until it was freezing cold and I had to constantly move like I was washing just to stay the least bit warm. I think the advice was to let the water hit the inner though and pits and just kinda rub it in something about there being alot of nerves there... I dunno but your method seems better or at least easier to do. I will give that a shot thanks
  16. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

One thing I would LOVE to be able to do is travel to Israel and take a dip into the dead sea. It is soupposed to be so rich in minerals and salt and magic (well not magic but I think there is other stuff in there just not sure what) I have read before of people going into it and coming out just feeling like a million bucks! I mean stories of people with back pain for years or bad shoulders or whatever and then they take a dip and are healed. Something to do with the content of the sea just helps your body i dunno. Anyone hear of this?
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Alright time for me to say some thing lol.

Hmm looks like the Finnish r on to something with the saunas. They r def good after a hard workout. Used to go during wrestling season even when I was just coaching.

The only bad thing about contrast showers r they arent cheap. So if u go to a gym do them there lol.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.34%

Josh you can go to LA fitness and pay $15 for a day membership and use the F out of their sauna/steamroom/pool. not very cheap but i go once in a while so thats not bad.
  19. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

Josh you can go to LA fitness and pay $15 for a day membership and use the F out of their sauna/steamroom/pool. not very cheap but i go once in a while so thats not bad.
    Not a bad idea but it is a little pricey. There is a LA fitness on my way to school so I might stop in and get details. Maybe on my deload week I will try it out and get some good relaxation.
  20. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%

x2.
    WHITE WHALE!
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.34%

Not a bad idea but it is a little pricey. There is a LA fitness on my way to school so I might stop in and get details. Maybe on my deload week I will try it out and get some good relaxation.
    yea i go to the one in turnersville. half the time the girl just lets me in for free since im not really using the gym, just the sauna.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.45%

Awesome progress and same for the log. I've learned a bunch so far, from you and everyone else up in this log, good stuff for sure!! Solid!!
  24. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    Awesome progress and same for the log. I've learned a bunch so far, from you and everyone else up in this log, good stuff for sure!! Solid!!
    Thanks! Your not the only one learning.. Since I started this log I too have learned a great deal from this experience. From rodja suggesting WS4SB and got me looking into that program to anton and his view of nutrition to the latest from silentbob and the advantages of saunas. This has been a great experience for me and with the weight loss I am learning more about my body and how I move and noticing some things that I feel are holding me back that I never noticed before such as the thightness in my hips. I most certainly got alot out of this experience and I am happy to hear that you did as well.
  25. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

Log Update

So I am a week behind in updates. I apoligize to anyone who is still following. I got busy with school and work and got some news a while ago.. I am having another child... a baby girl! So there has been some planning going on.. clearing out of my wifes office and converting it into a nursery. I wont go through and post an update of day by day for the past week but just a general update. Libido is still up so I think it is safe to say DAA is working, my weight dropped to 189 for 2 days then crept back up to 190 and im holding around there. This morning I was 191. Workouts are still going strong and it is basically the same routine I have been doing. I havent upped my cardio like I had planned for the week due to lack of available workout time. Today is bench day so I am gonna try and bang in some tire flips and sledge hammer swings after the workout. I did recently join a boxing gym so I am a little excited about that. As you can see from my username I have done judo before but can't now due to a conflict in my schedule so it has been put on hold. A new boxing gym opened up around here and a buddy talked me into joining. The price wasnt bad and they gave me an open contract so I can cancel if it doesnt turn out good. Now I am just faced with the decision of how to fit in the boxing, workouts, school, and work all into me week schedule. My options basically come down to either workout before I work or workout and box on my off days. I am going to try and do 2 a days for now and see how I feel and if I must I will switch my workouts to the days I work. I think though as long as I get a couple hours inbetween my workout and boxing I should be good. I will have some sort of carb inbetween aswell like a sweet potato or fruit. All and all that is pretty much what has happened so far.
  26. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

To make up the lateness of my update please accept the following pictures as my gift...

27. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.53%

Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.59%

JJ very nice log I just got caught up@@@
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success

29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.59%

JJ if you have time to ccok hear is a great dessert.. Pumpkin Rice pudding

2 cups water
    1 cup arborio rice
    3cups reduced-fat (2%)milk
    1 cup soild pake pure pumpkin( not pumpkin pie filling)
    3/4 cup of honey
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    3/4teasppon ground cinnamon
    1/4teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/4teaspoon salt

Pre-heat oven 350
    bring water to boil in a ovenproof 4 quart saucepan. Stir in the rice and cover . reduce the heat to low and simmer until the rice is nearly cooked about 20min

in a lage bowl, whisk together the milk,pumpkin,honey,vanilla,cin namon,ginger,nutmeg and salt. While the rice is still hot add the pumpkinj mix to the saucepan and stir well to combine. Cover and transfer to the oven. Bake until the liquid has reduced by about a third and the mixture is foamy and bubbling 45 -50 min. remove from oven and stir well to combine all the ingredients. transfer to to a lage bowl, then cover and chill in the refrig for 8 hours or over night it will be good for 4 days.

Makes 8 servings
    serving size
    1/2 cup rice pudding

per serving
    Cal 240
    total fat 6g
    sat fat 3.5g
    Mono fat 1.5
    poly fat 0g
    Protein 4g
    Carb 42g
    fiber 1 g
    cholesterol 20MG
    sodium 120 mg

Just an FYI Canned pumpkin is a great souce of beta Carotene.. enjoy!!!
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success

30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.45%

Congrats on the new family member man!! Log is great, keep it up!! I boxed in high school (many moons ago) and I loved it, just wish I would have wrestled. The drills and conditioning for boxing are great, and will compliment your Judo well. Have fun with it and congratulations again!!
  31. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

So yestarday I woke up feeling like death. I was up late doing homework and got only about 5 hours sleep tops. Also my wife was feeling under the weather the day before (throwing up) so I dunno if she is sick and got me sick. So I went to class anyway, turned in my work and when I came home I went in the bathroom and tried this make **** sauna idea out. My nternal temp went up to 99.6 while in the steam (according to the thermonitor). I also took 4 caps of zinc and some vitamin C and for breakfeast I had a bunch of berries (black berries, strawberries, and blue berries) hoping to get in some antioxidents and vitamins to help boost me up. I then took about a 4 hour power nap and woke up feeling like a million bucks!!! So as a treat I did away with my no fruit in the PM rule and made me this custard like snack. I used 3 bananas, a cup of almond milk, and 3 eggs. Just beat it all together, pour into cups, sprinkle cinamon ontop and then bake. Was a good lil treat. Sucks I was soupposed to start boxing estarday but ended up missing cuz I was sleeping. Anyway today I work and tomorow I have class. After class I am going to squat, eat some fruit, then go box. Should be a fun day!
  32. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

forgot to put the pic of my custard.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.43%

Get better judo. . .just catching up with the log man!! TIme for some BOOOTAAEE!! hahah That should make ya feel betta!

[ATTACH]Name:  Leticia.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  61.7 KB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.25%

Get better judo. . .just catching up with the log man!! TIme for some BOOOTAAEE!! hahah That should make ya feel betta!

Holy A$$ ........

35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%

There is def a special place in my pants for slutty girls lol.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.43%

Ooooo Yeeaaa!!!!
  37. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

The second girl gives me a tingling sensation in my pants. Damn DAA!!!
  38. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

Quick update from work....

I got up this morning and got on the scale and this is what I saw... I am extremely excited about it. I have about a week left of prime and then I am going to deload. I have been at a calorie deficit for the past 2 weeks since I havent been doing my strength cardio after my workouts. I feel myself slipping back towards "vag land" I am going to try and kill it for this last week and go all out. Stop being comfortable with my workouts and really kick it up some. But still I am very pleased with my weight this morning and with the overall stack all together
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.59%

JJ do prime make u hungry?
  40. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    JJ do prime make u hungry?
    It did, I forget what week it was in exactly but it definetely did but not so much now. I think the OEP + ephedera helps supress my hunger for the most part.

Similar Forum Threads

1. USPLabs TNA Limited Edition "Classic Series"
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 01:07 PM
  2. USPlabs JACKED "Eye of the Tiger" Contest!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 277
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 12:39 PM
  3. 3-AD: Putting "thesinner" back in "synergy"
    By thesinner in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 04:58 PM
  4. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
  5. Back "Width" and Back "Thickness"
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5