DESTROY and REBUILD

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]DESTROY and REBUILD.[/size]

Clay. Shale. Soft slate. Calcium silicate. Concrete. Quarried Stone.

Whatever you want to call it, it's about BRICKS. Brick by ****ing brick. Placing 'em down and hammering 'em into place. Layer by layer. Stronger. Bigger. SOLID. Everyone is working towards that foundation. A foundation built strong and meant to last. One that will handle the bumps, bruises, blood, sweat, and tears along the way. One that will look at forks in the road--and go ****ing straight. A foundation that has no fear and looks beyond simple ****. It doesn't get lost in the maze--but keeps it's eyes on the prize.

A solid foundation can withstand any force. Rain. Snow. Sleet. Hurricanes. Floods. Thunderstorms. Tornadoes. Earthquakes. Whatever the hell you want to throw at it. Just the other day, I drove by an old part of town where a house exploded. What was the only thing left? That's right. The ****ing foundation.

I have spent two years laying down the brick work and getting the base strong for the storm ahead. I have come from a bowl of jello down to a shredded wheat and now back to piecing together the foundation (see my other journeys). Designing and configuring the best way to put together my base. The absolute best way to construct the Animal within. For two years--I am pretty ****ing happy.

I am by no means satisfied. I stay hungry. But I do have the confidence to acknowledge the progress I have made and the many more layers of rock to throw on.

Destroy and Rebuild to me recognizes my own abilities to control my destiny. It reminds me to break down anything within my way. To demolish road blocks, speed bumps, nay sayers, jealousy woes, anything. To recreate a better version of what I am striving for. To give birth to the Animal dwelling within. To feed the need.

I have several goals that I hope to accomplish. These too will be revealed in due time. Until then just know I am formulating the game plan and ready to construct.

Destroy and Rebuild will follow my progress from here own out. I will end this with one of my favorite quotes... "I will make it to the moon if I have to crawl."

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Current Plans

-Right now, I'm alternating between which workouts I do each week. Meaning one week I'll start with chest... the next I'll start with arms. I'm focusing on a recomp/strength based program. I'm also working on putting on as much lean mass as possible until I begin contest prep again in mid-November. I'm also lifting as heavy as possible. Here's a brief breakdown of how things look this week:

Monday -- Chest/Delts
Tuesday -- Back/Traps
Wednesday -- Abs/Forearms/Calves
Thursday -- Arms
Friday -- Legs
Saturday/Sunday -- OFF

I also throw in abs/forearms/calves as much as needed. I'm really under the belief that you can never put in enough work for them. I'm not doing any cardio and some days I'll sit in the sauna post workout.

Diet wise, I'm getting in 200 grams of carbs all from complex sources, a good amount of protein (I don't keep track), and a low to moderate dosing of fats. As mentioned, I don't keep track of how many grams and so forth I'm getting of each. I eat clean for the most part and am allowed a few cheat meals here and there as needed.

Supplement wise, I use Universal Nutrition and Animal supplements exclusively. I'm currently using GH Max, M Stak, Pump, and Intra Aid. I'm also taking BCAA stack w/ Storm as well. On top of these I of course use the basics of Pak and Omega. I have Natural Sterol Complex (the new formula) ready to run after M Stak.

I'll start posting workouts tomorrow. Got lots of grilled chicken and sweet potatoes to eat today. Time to put in work both in and out of the gym.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Arms & Abs[/size]
Performed in: ~58 minutes

Pre Workout Arm Measure= 17.5" cold... a little over this but not enough for the next big increment...

Sets x Reps (Weight, if listed)

BB Curls: 4x10 ...first set I did using a wide grip...second set was done with a narrow grip...third set done seated with a wide grip...last set done seated with a narrow grip... I did double pumps on the even numbered sets for each rep... I also did a few 1/4 burns at the end of every set as well. Bis were beyond pumped... Weight wise I kept it around the 100-105 area. Nothing too heavy but I was able to maintain great form throughout.

Ez Bar Scott Curls: 2x10 ...very tough but a mega stretch/pump... I used the same weight last week and got this a lot easier. Gonna bump up next week.

Incline DB Curls: 2x10 ...these were extremely taxing...Just kept pumping and pumping on my biceps...I had a set of dbs that was 5 lbs lighter than the heavier set I was using, so if I was hitting up a few small dropsets after the 10...trust me wasn't much left in the tank for these drop sets though...

Reverse BB Curls: 2x10 ...very slow, controlled...

Tricep Pushdowns: *used short straight bar* 3 Warmup Sets; 2x10 (STACK + 45lb) followed by quick dropset w/ the stack for as many as I could get .... felt really powerful and my tris looked sick.

Weighted Dips: 2x10 (BW + 45lb) ...Banged these out w/o a problem...was pretty taxing as well but I felt it in my tris...

OH DB Tri Ext: Warmup; 2x10 ...banged these out w/ a 95 lb DB... after each set I dropped down and did a dropset with a lighter DB... once again, tris looked crazy.

Lying Leg Raises: 2x20

Wrist Rollers: 1 set

Post Workout Measurement: A little over 18.5 inches

Thoughts
-DAMN what a pump. Seriously... arms looked thick/dense/full/insert other big phrases here :) My biceps were feeling great, triceps came off strong and my forearms/abs still got a little work on areas as well...didn't wanna overdue 'em as I worked 'em briefly yesterday. I seriously vomited in my mouth on the way to my car... what a ****ing session. Very proud of it...
-I have a long day of classes and then my civil placement for litigation clinic... then I'm more than likely checking out Saw 6. I watched Paranormal Activity last night and really thought it was well done. My best advice is to watch it with an open mind and don't immediately think it's bull****. It was done very well.
-My lower back is still tender from the deads on Tuesday... my arms are gonna be sore as well... I can feel it coming on.
-Staying on track and keeping things together. I can honestly say this is the best I've looked at this weight... I'm deceivingly thick when you see me. Around 2 more weeks before the start of contest prep...

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
nice workout man! What supplements are you currently using?

King Con

Awards
  • Established
nice workout man! What supplements are you currently using?
Thanks I.

I just finished a 50 day run of Animal Test w/ 2 extra AA capsules as well.

Right now I'm using the following:
-M Stak
-Pump
-Intra Aid mixed w/ bcaa stack
-GH Max

I'm also using Pak, Omega, and Uni Livers as well...

After the M Stak runs out I'll be starting up the new formula of Natural Sterol Complex as well.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Thanks I.

-M Stak
-Pump
-GH Max

After the M Stak runs out I'll be starting up the new formula of Natural Sterol Complex as well.
Nice stack man! I have a bottle and a half of the old NSC on my dresser... I need to get my sh!t together and use em up.

Do you use Gh Max year round? How should it be cycled on and off?

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Nice stack man! I have a bottle and a half of the old NSC on my dresser... I need to get my sh!t together and use em up.

Do you use Gh Max year round? How should it be cycled on and off?
Thanks. Yeah I always like NSC...

TBH, this is my first time using it so I'm still acquiring how I like it and so forth. I'll let you know what I think though after I'm done. I do hear the GH Stack is better though from a few others...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Can't neglect the arms and the abs man. Good workin B.

Thanks I.

-M Stak
-Pump
-GH Max

The new NSC is healthier than ever bro. New greens and antioxidants. It's body builder gold man. J-Dawg was giving me a bit of the low down on it at the last ABC. I'm just finishing up my second bottle. Great stuff!

Thanks. Yeah I always like NSC...

TBH, this is my first time using it so I'm still acquiring how I like it and so forth. I'll let you know what I think though after I'm done. I do hear the GH Stack is better though from a few others...
:13:

Hg

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Can't neglect the arms and the abs man. Good workin B.

The new NSC is healthier than ever bro. New greens and antioxidants. It's body builder gold man. J-Dawg was giving me a bit of the low down on it at the last ABC. I'm just finishing up my second bottle. Great stuff!

:13:

Hg
Thanks HG. Yeah the new NSC is about to be run next week as I have just a few packs of M Stak left... can't wait to give it a whirl. Thanks for all your input as well brother.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Quads/Hamstrings[/size]
Performed in: ~48 minutes

For those that don't know-- I suffered a TFL injury (strain) a while back and have been working to recover from it. I haven't been able to train as heavy as I usually do but I have been forced to start anew focusing on form and technique above all else. Slow and steady building it back up... So far so good...

*Stretching and 3 min warmup on the bike*

Leg Extensions: *pre exhaust* 1x50; 1x40; 1x30 ...I moved up in weight each set. These burned like no other but my quads were on fire and ready to rock and roll...

Horizontal Leg Press: 2x15 ...I moved up 50 lbs from last week...tough but still rocked it. Next week I'm gonna use our 45 degree leg press machine for a different angle.

Squats: 2 Warmups; 2x10 ...To be perfectly honest, I wanted to get buried today. I set the safety bars and prepared for it. But it never happened. I went heavier and heavier and finally got above 250 for the first time in a long time. Felt good...last 2-3 reps of each set was a battle...

Lying Leg Curls: 3x10 ...progressed in weight and held the last rep of each set for a good 3-5 second count...

Standing Leg Curls: 2x10 ...Used leg ext machine and really just focused on these... my hammies were full when I was through...

Thoughts
-My abs/bis/tris are sore. Lower back is finally coming around--at least until today. I went heavier on squats than previously and felt damn good bout it too. Got good depth and didn't hurt. It was seriously a battle on a few of the reps... But I wasn't scared to get buried, even though I never did.
-I got a long day in court today with a few trials. Just grabbed some quick food (i.e. Real Gains) for 'bout two meals since its impossible to judge anything timewise in court... Least I'm prepared though.
-I saw SAW 6 last night-- I'm a big Saw fan and love the series. It's actually a good movie that definitely spices up the story line (if you've been keeping up with it). Has some great "games" as Jigsaw calls 'em and really reminds me of the 2nd movie in a way and ties things together. I liked it....
-I gotta run to court but enjoy your friday...

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Back, Traps, Rear Delts[/size]
Performed in: ~55 minutes

Deadlifts: Warmup Sets; 2x10 ...Man oh man. First set I got to 6 and then my strap let me down... cheap ass straps FML... so I wrapped back up and banged out the remaining 4. For the 2nd set I wanted to try something different... I actually used an OH grip as my over/under combo failed me when the strap let loose... I started w/ 405 banged out 3 or 4 then stripped it down to 385 and banged out another 3 or 4 then stripped it down to 365 and banged out another 4... and then I laid down as my lower back was begging for mercy. Was a great dropset effect... heaviest I've gone since the TFL injury as well. 365 felt like death at the end by the way...

DB Rows: 2x10 ...I've been moving up in weight on these each week. Grabbed the 100s and had no problem. Felt really good... going up again next week if all goes well.

Wide Grip Pull Downs: 2x10 ...Didn't wrap my thumb and just kept these at the same weight I've been doing on the first set. 2nd set I dropped it in weight but held each rep for a good 2-3 second count at the contraction. Felt wide afterwards...

Bent Laterals: 2x10

BB Shrugs: 2x20 ...OH grip and 315 again this week... smooth and controlled, held last reps for as long as possible.

Thoughts
-Started off the week right with back. My back is trashed... seriously especially my lower back. Oh man. I'm happy with how things are progressing... Really wanted that first set of 10 to go down smoothly on deads but the grip/strap failed me like no other. This is the main reason why I opted to go with a heavier dropset for the last set. I wanted to knock out some pullups as well but didn't really have the time as I was pretty much destroyed after deads and it took me a lil' longer to warm up and so forth today. Oh well... I'll prolly throw some in on my Wednesday (ab/forearm/calf day). My forearms have been sore all weekend... I must have really hit them good with the gripper and exercises this past week.
-Diet wise I had a few cheats as allowed on the weekend... Cooked up a big batch of chilli in the crock pot so I'll be enjoying that for a few meals with a scoop of whey. No Halloween candy for me--but I did go to iHop yesterday after church for some steak, eggs, and pumpkin pancakes.
-Went to the Wake/Miami game -- which we should have won... argh. Even my Dawgs lost... but at least Oregon won (I hate USC) and my Panthers won as well. Hopefully this will be a turning point in their season.
-2 classes then spending the rest of the day STUDYING for the MPRE (the professional responsibility and ethics portion of the NC Bar) that I take this Saturday. Then I have work a bit later today.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Chest/Delts[/size]
Performed in: ~50 minutes

BB Bench Press: 3 Warmup Sets; 1x10 (285); 1x10 (290) ...I destroyed the first set this no with no issues. Definitely getting stronger... I got to rep 8 on the 2nd set and needed some taps on the 9th and not sure what I delivered on the 10th rep... I was already feeling it after the first set. Heavy benching FTMFW. I felt massive afterwards...

Decline DB Flyes: 2x10 ...the incline bench disappeared somewhere...we have major goons around the gym so I opted for the decline version of these. Instead of bringing the DBs together at the top I kept 'em about 8-10 inches apart at the top of the movement to keep constant tension on my chest. Felt good...

Incline DB Press: 2x10 ...the incline bench reappeared...haha seriously we have major goons at my gym... I opted for the DB version and was surprised I got the 100s with no problems as I haven't done DB inclines in forever. Moving up in these for sure.

SM Military Press: Warmup; 2x10 ...didn't go as heavy as last week...kept it constant at the 185 range...just didn't have much left in the tank here...

Shoulder Press Machine: Warmup; 2x10 ...Opted for machine because you guessed it more goons took over all the benches. I'm right at the stack for these....

DB Side Laterals: 2x10 ...kept form really tight/controlled and felt great.

Thoughts
-I had a great spotter today--seriously. It's VERY rare nowadays... was happy of my improvement on the 285... time for 290 next time to start off with. Chest still feels FULL. Delts/Chest feel good and tight. I sat in the sauna for about 2 songs on my iPod to just cool down a minute...
-Diet was on point like no other yesterday. Seriously. Woke up looking better than yesterday... that's always the game plan. More of the same today...
-I have class then a break then criminal placement where I'll be doing who knows what then back here to study the rest of the night for the MPRE.... FML....
-For those wondering, I opted for the DeAngelo Williams jersey since he also set the Panthers rushing record as well....

Show Update
-Well I've checked around and it doesn't seem like March is a favorable month for shows around here. Thus I looked a bit further and found 3 shows. 2 are in May and are in NC. The 3rd is the first week of June in NC as well. The organizations are FAME, Musclemania, and NGA. Does anyone know anything about them?
-As a result of a possible later show, I'll be continuing my current program through November. At the end of the month, we will assess where I'm at and go from there. My trainer has no worries about getting me lean/shredded though.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Somebody's throwing some big weight around in here.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
nice numbers man! very impressive

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Calves/Abs/Forearms[/size]
Performed in: ~50 minutes

Seated Calf Raises: 4x25 ...smooth, controlled, very slow reps, full ROM

Calf Extensions: 4x25 ...the usual with these...nice, slow, felt good...great stretch

Seated DB Wrist Curls: 4x25 each arm...I had 3 different DBs over there and went as heavy as I could for as many reps as I could and would immediately drop to the next DB and bang out as many reps as I could till I got all 25. Forearms hated me after this.

BB BTB Wrist Curls: 4x20 ...had a loaded bar and a non-loaded bar...after I repped out with the loaded bar I would immediately drop to the non-loaded one and rep out very slow reps...

Lying Leg Raises: 3x20 ... oh man ... I thought this wasn't nothing till the 2nd set... then it was brutal.
*SUPERSET*
Double Crunches: 3x12 ... I was done... this is a brutal superset...

Thoughts
-Just got in a quick session and felt good. Forearms were hit VERY hard. They are still tight... calves feel tight as well. Abs likewise. I'm going to hit a few standing cable crunches while at work tonight prob just the usual 3x20 or something like that. I've opted to hit legs tomorrow as my forearms took the brunt of the work today so I want to let them recover a bit before I hit arms on Friday.
-I feel like I'm progressing pretty good in all areas. I had to stay late yesterday at my criminal placement as I was dealing with a motion in court and 2 interviews w/ clients... I didn't get to study like I wanted for the MPRE... which equates to more work on it today. I have one class then a 4 hour lecture on the MPRE then another class and then onto work. I can't wait till this week is over.
-Ran into a guy at my gym outside of the gym and he was asking me what I did for a living... I said I'm a student he was like really where? I said ____ Law School and he was shocked. He honestly told me "No offense, but I would have NEVER thought that from seeing you in the gym." None taken :)

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Performed in: ~43 minutes

*Stretching before and in between sets*

Leg Extensions: *pre exhaust* 1x50; 1x40; 1x30 ...Like last week moved up in weight each set...quads were on FIRE! Seriously a painful but insane pump. I had to keep rubbing/massaging my quads in between sets haha

45 Degree Leg Press: Warmup Set; 2x15 ...First time using this one in a while, went a lot heavier than I thought I would. I've never been out of this world strong on leg presses but they are coming along. Legs felt really full after these and the leg exts...

Squats: 2 Warmups; 2x10 --immediate dropset 1x10 ...Did a few warmup sets w/ 135 and just kept 'em VERY slow, pausing at the bottom and exploding up with it... felt good. 2 working sets were again over the 250 mark and I got 'em a lot better/easier than last week. Things are definitely coming along here. After the 2nd set, I did an immediate dropset for another slow 10. Felt great.

Lying Leg Curls: 3x10 ...moved up in weight and went heavier than last week. Unfortunately our machine doesn't have any indication of how much it is so I just go by where I put the pin...I paused and held contractions on all the last reps.

Standing Leg Curls: 2x10 ...Went lighter in weight on these and really focused on just letting the hamstring do the work. I also did these one leg at a time, non stop so I got them done and had a great pump.

Seated Leg Curls: 1x10 ...I just did one set of these and went slow and focused on contractions...

Thoughts
-Forearms are still sore from yesterday. Everything else is still fine. Lower back was tight immediately with the leg presses and squats. It's subsiding now. Feeling good about progress being made. Quads were super pumped/full and hammies feel good. I got in the sauna afterwards for around 10 minutes and just relaxed.
-Diet has been on point all week. Serious. I did have a medium sized bowl of chilli w/ a small serving of corn bread for my 4th meal yesterday. That's the only thing that could be argued to have been strayed from my plan and I really just viewed it as "leg fuel" for today. I feel pretty good with where I'm at right now with everything.
-Supp wise, I feel like the NSC is kicking in as well. I feel an overall hardness/density to my muscles that I didn't notice prior. For example, my chest feels thick/dense/"wall-like". I'm loving it. So far so good with everything.
-School work is getting done. I have 2 classes and then spending the rest of the day with video lectures and practice tests for the MPRE that I take Saturday. I'll be at home so another solid diet day.
-At work we got new shirts yesterday. They are "golf" like polos so they are very "breathable" material... we will see how it goes.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Performed in: ~57 minutes

BB Curls: 1 Warmup; 2x10; 1x8; 1x2 dropset 1x10 ...I went for a different rep scheme today. I hit a good warmup then a light set right afterwards. Then a good set of 10 and then a solid set of 8 with 115. Bumped it up to 135 and got a good solid 2 before doing an immediate dropset of 10 more reps with a lighter weight with double pumps at the top. I also moved my grip each set (i.e. one would be narrow, next would be SW, next would be wide, etc). I was good to go after these...

Reverse Ez Bar Incline Curls: 1x10 ...believe it or not, someone took the bench and laid it down and started doing flys on this while I went to add more weight to the bar... oh well felt good for that one set though :p

Ez Bar Scott Curls: 2x10 ...did these with double pumps on each rep and on the last set and the last rep I did 4 1/4 burns at the top. Biceps were done.

Tricep Pushdowns: *used short chambered bar* 3 Warmup Sets; 3x10 (STACK + 45lb) Tris felt good and full here.

Weighted Partial Dips: 1x10 (BW + 45lb); 1x8 (BW +70lb) ...Got these with no problems...for the last set I got to 8 and didn't wanna "force" 'em so I did a quick dropset with BW partial dips to finish it out...

Ez Bar Skullcrushers: Warmup; 2x10 ...felt really good, smooth and controlled, upped it up in weight. Tris/Bis felt great.

Kneeling Cable Crunches: 100 reps ...I did these very slow, controlled, and squeezed/held contractions... I was feeling 'em..

Woodchoppers: 3x12 each side ...went heavier than usual and really killed 'em. Felt great...kept form tight and my abs were burning all over.

Wrist Rollers: 4 reps...these were killer... 4th rep took a lot out of my forearms

Seated BB Wrist Curls: 2 sets ...kept 'em slow and focused on contractions

Thoughts
-Arms felt full, solid, strong, and looked good. I can tell I worked 'em good as it was a) tough to carry my water jug, b) tough to drive home (i drive a stick shift), and c) they feel tight/tender as I sit here typing this. Was a really good session though.
-My legs are sore from yesterday. Definitely a good sign. Gonna get a lot of rest this weekend (after my test tomorrow morning). Rest and food.
-Today I have a few cases to handle at the law firm and then heading back here to finish studying for the MPRE. Wish me luck tomorrow.
-Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.
-My birthday is Tuesday. :) I'll be even older :eek:

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Back[/size]
Performed in: ~65 minutes

Deadlifts:
Warmups
275x5
315x5
365x5
405x3
425x1
425x1
435x2
455x1
465x1
475x0
475x1
475x1 PR

Holy hell. I strayed from the program a bit today and got the OK to do some lower rep work on deads. Deads have never been a strong point for me and I've been wanting to bring these up. Last time I was focusing on bring them up in conjunction with my legs I got injured (TFL). My old PR was w/ 455. I know nothing impressive. I'm aiming to pull 5 as soon as possible. The 405 felt easy and I could have gotten more--but was wanting to hold back for more weight. The 425 wasn't bad either. I was surprised when I banged out the 435 for 2 as it felt really easy. I could have kept going--but I wanted to see how heavy I could go. The TFL really felt good and I was stretching here and there inbetween sets. I put my old max 455 on there and was just thinking hey for ****s and giggles, let's see what's up. I ended up pulling it really with no problems. Time to up the ante, 465 went up and I locked it out. Felt great. **** it let's go for more. 475 was a fail on the first attempt. I pulled it up to my knees and just let it fall back down. Damn. I swapped to a Metallica song and blasted out the 475--it was very slow around the thigh/lock out but I kept digging and locked it out. Did it one more time for good measure. I got this ****. Next week going back to a bit more volume on the sets but I thought this was a great improvement since the last time I did deads.

Wide Grip Lat Pulldows: 3x10 ...Just focused on letting the lats engage and do the work. Felt great...

Seated Cable Rows: 3x10 ...kept good form on these and really felt 'em. I always love how these really give you a great pump. First time doing 'em in awhile but won't be the last.

Thoughts
-I took the MPRE test early Saturday. I actually reviewed my answers (I never do this). I felt happy with my choices and turned it in. In 5 weeks, I'll know if I pass or not. Spend the rest of the weekend relaxing and enjoying early birthday festivities. Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm going to a Japanese Steakhouse and eating the rest of my butterfinger ice cream birthday cake. Hell yeah.
-When I talked with Rage this weekend, he gave me the OK to do some lower rep deads but to be careful and so forth. I'll be alternating 'em in here and there with my usual volume as well. Things went really well and I finally feel like I'm gonna pull 500 soon. That's been one of those thorns in my side as I've never been great on deads. Lower back is trashed and I threw in a few pulldowns and cable rows to hit it all over. Good stuff. No better way to start the week.
-2 classes, a nap, studying/homework and then work. I'll be making up what I didn't hit today (traps/rear delts) on Wednesday. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
happy early birthday man! and congrats on the pr

King Con

Awards
  • Established
happy early birthday man! and congrats on the pr
Thanks I. Just putting in work. The PR came out of nowhere as I intended to do something different with the deads but just got caught in the zone and kept pounding away at 'em.

King Con

Awards
  • Established

BB Bench Press:
2 Warmup sets
225x5
275x3
315x1
335x1
355x1
365 did an ultra slow negative with for a 5 second count
315x5
225x15

First time putting over 300 on the bar in a LONG time. Felt good to feel the weight again... just testing the waters... 335 went up waaaaay too easy. So I jumped to 355.. prob too quick of a jump but I still popped the 355 even though it was a little bit of work. The ultra slow negative felt really good and the 315 for 5 felt amazing. Chest was nice and pumped/tight and feeling it.

Decline DB Flyes: 2x10 ...Did these bringing the DBs no more than 8-10 inches together at the top to keep constant tension on my chest. Felt really good and the stretch was fan-****ing-tastic. Damn it was good stuff.

Incline DB Press: 2x10 ...Just kept these at the 100s and then did an instant drop set after the last set for another 8 reps. Felt good.

SM Military Press: Warmup; 2x10 ...got up to 205 just working these up slowly...the SM is ancient and a piece of **** (i.e. the bar won't turn when its time to re-rack it)... did a dropset after the last set.

Shoulder Press Machine: Warmup; 2x10 ...Popped 5 away from the stack and then popped the stack. Felt good.

DB Side Laterals: 2x10 ...kept form in check and got a great pump.

Thoughts
-Today is my birthday, for those that know me know I wouldn't have it any other way than banging out a chest workout. My system is fried with Monday's heavy deads and today's heavy benching--eating a bit extra today at the Japanese Steakhouse to make up for it. And tomorrow is my virtual off day (I still work abs, forearms, calves though). Add a nap in today as well and I think I'll be right back on track for legs on Thursday.
-My chest felt really good after benching. My left wrist is a little sore (I knew I should have worn my wrist wraps)... but I got some flex to help ease it. I've definitely noticed a difference from doing the flys this different way... I feel like I've brought my chest up some as well. Looking forward to where the heavy benching takes me. I won't be doing this type of scheme each chest/delt day but I will be rotating it in to help bust through where I wanna be.
-Things seem to be going right on track...

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Calves/Abs/Forearms[/size]
Performed in: ~45 minutes

Seated Calf Raises: 4x25 ...VERY slow reps and holds at the top...
*SUPERSET*
Front DB Wrist Curls: 4x25 ...man oh man I even had veins running down my arms with these...

Calf Extensions: 4x25 ...moved up on weight in these and that made a great difference...
*SUPERSET*
BTB BB Wrist Curls: 4x25 ...These started off as not so bad but quickly got brutal in the 2nd and 3rd sets...

BTB SM Shrugs: 2x25 ...hadn't done these in awhile so I decided to hit 'em up...felt great though

Ab Crunch Machine: 4x25 ...squeezed those abs and just focused on the contractions and squeeze...moved up in weight progressively each set.

Thoughts
-I'm feeling good. Had a massive dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse last night which was amazing. Had the rest of my butterfinger ice cream cake as well... needless to say I'm pretty much fully recovered with the added rest and great food.
-We are getting the aftermath of Tropical Storm Ida around here so it's heavy winds and very heavy rain all over. I'm stuck at school in this till bout 5. Bookbag is packed with food though.
-Everyone enjoy your Wednesday...

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Performed in: ~44 minutes

*Stretching before and in between sets*

Leg Extensions: *pre exhaust* 1x50; 1x40; 1x30 ...For the first time I was able to hit all 50 reps w/o taking a pause...my quads were torched after these. Damn....

SM Front Squat: Warmup Set; 2x15 ...Opted for these over leg press today just to add some variety into things...got deep afterwards my legs felt full of blood.

Squats: 4 Warmups; 4x5 --immediate dropset 1x10 ...Did a lot more warm ups here and felt really good about things. My hip was a little tender today for some reason (I think I slept weird) but after all the warm ups I was ready to rock and roll. I went 20 lbs or so heavier from last week and just kept it at 275 for these sets of 5. They felt really good and just getting back into the swing of things again... I did a quick dropset that was more like speed reps than anything and focusing on exploding... I'm very happy to be bouncing back quick on squats again.

Lying Leg Curls: 3x10 ...went heavier than last week and did each rep slow and controlled, for the last reps I held the contraction for a good 3-5 count.

Standing Leg Curls: 2x10 ...Just ran through these one leg at a time till I was done with 'em. Hammies felt good.

Thoughts
-Since adding in that accessory work on Wednesdays I've noticed that my forearms, abs, calves feel pretty good the next day. By pretty good I mean I can tell they've been worked but they aren't unbearable. Slowly but surely.
-I sat in the sauna afterwards... the temp in there was HELL literally as we don't have a temp or thermostat working in that bad boy so it just blazes.... felt relaxed and refreshed though. The weather here is ****ty as it's high volume winds and heavy heavy rain. It's been like this ALL week... flash flood warnings too... geeez.
-Getting a nap in later today after my clinic hours and then doing guess what, Not a damn thing. Enjoy your Thursday.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Performed in: ~56 minutes

DB Curls: 2 Warmups; 2x10 ...I didn't go too heavy but really used these as a precursor to get things warmed up...my bis loved it.

Alt DB Incline Curls: 2x10 ...Not sure if that's the correct name for this, basically I used a DB and the back of an incline bench to improvise my own version of a "spider curl"... gave me a killer stretch, pump and really took my shoulders out of the equation being isolated against the back pad.

Ez Bar Scott Curls: 2x10 ...I added these in for good measure...damn my bis were burning...I did the 1/4 burns at the top of the last reps as well...

Hammer Curls: 2x10 followed by immediate dropset...damn these felt amazing...

Tricep Pushdowns: *used short chambered bar* 3 Warmup Sets; 2x10 (STACK + 45lb) followed by immediate dropset... damn.

Weighted Partial Dips: 2x10 (BW + 45lb) ...my tris were seriously full and pumped here. I also would throw in a couple extra dips of just BW as well.. what sucks is after this all the other areas where I wanted to work were taken... yeah really... so I improvised...

Lying Leg Raises: 30 reps

Hanging Knee Raises: 20 reps ...I did these right after the leg raises...my lower abs were burning...and finally the other areas opened up for me to finish my work

Rope Pushdowns: Warmup; 2x10 ...did these smooth and controlled and pulled apart as hard as possible at the bottom...

Close Handle Pulldown: 2x10 ...this is the attachment that looks like a mini pyramid...I used this to help bring out some horse shoe goodness haha

Alt Reverse Cable Pulldown: 1x10 each arm ...just did these to finish things off...

Kneeling Cable Crunches: 100 reps ...oh man I was feeling these...

Thoughts
-Felt good in there today. Arms looked thick all around... I never noticed how much my longer tricep head over powers the smaller one... gonna try and incorporate more stuff to help balance it out a lil' bit. Abs and Arms feel good... I can already tell my arms are gonna be sore...
-Got a busy day in court...possibly another trial we will see... got my bagged packed though w/ food.
-Getting in a quiet Friday night for once and possibly making some spaghetti... I'm going to the last home game for Wake tomorrow against FSU (we need a win). Then after that I'm driving down to Charlotte for the Panther game Sunday....
-Hope everyone has a great weekend.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE
-Spent the weekend busy and traveling. Woke up early Saturday for the Wake/FSU game... only to pack up my stuff and leave a few hours after the game to head to Charlotte for the Panthers/Falcons game yesterday. Weekend was packed with football...

-My body/mind/everything is just worn out so I took off today and slept in a little bit longer than usual. I feel a lot better now and just getting back on track with everything after a LOOOOONG weekend. Got a lot of work to do this week....

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Way to enjoy the weekend man!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Back/Traps/Rear Delts[/size]

Pullups: 25 reps ...all wide grip...haven't done 'em in awhile so it took me a few sets but still got 'em in and was ready to rock.

Chest Supported T Bar Row: 2 plates x 10; 3 plates x 10; 3 plates and a quarter for 8 followed by immediate dropset of 2 plates for another 10. Damn haven't done these in forever and they felt great. I believe these were heavier than I have gone before on 'em with no issues

Alt One Arm Rows: 2x10 each arm followed by very slow set of 10 with both arms. I just kept blasting each arm and rowing until each set was done...I didn't pause between 'em just kept rowing. The last set was a VERY slow set where I held each contraction for a good 5 second count before slowly returning to the start and going again.

Lat Pulldown: 3x10 (WIDE) 3x10 (Reverse Narrow Grip) ...damn these felt great. My back really felt these all over and my lats felt like they were just flaring out... felt good and loved hitting the different angles with these.

Straight Arm Pushdowns: 3x10 ...first time doing these where I actually felt 'em in my lats.... damn. The pump was incredible.

SM Shrugs: 1x10; 2x20 followed by one set of BTB SM Shrugs for 15. Nothing special here. I didn't bring my straps today so my grip was pretty much shot from the beginning and couldn't go as heavy as I wanted so I just kept squeezing and squeezing each rep.

Rear Delt Cable Raises: 2x10 ...these blow my rear delts up like no other. I always get tons of blood into 'em with these.

Nautilus Lat Pullover Machine: 3x10 ...just kept doing these and pumped more and more blood into my back. Progressively moved up in weight each set...

Thoughts
-I rested up all day yesterday--well as much as I could. I have a bunch of school work due with the end of semester crap load that teachers like to pile on. I have my final trial today in Trial Practice and just getting things done.
-Today felt great in there and I felt like I hit a lot of back in a lot of different areas. Felt really good... opted to not do Deads this week to save up for 'em next week when I won't be off of a weekend of tailgating hahaha... plus wanted to give my CNS a bit of a break... I wanted to do racks but they were taken so I just scratched 'em. Gotta be flexible in there at my gym.
-Diet has been spot on since the weekend... I felt like I drank 2 gallons of water yesterday and couldn't get enough. I'll have to be creative during my trial today with food so I may throw in some casein just to be safe.
-I looked in the mirror with my shirt on and felt like I had really made a lot of progress on my back... good things for sure. Felt like there was more mass/detail/lumps going on than before.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Performed in: ~59 minutes

BB Incline Press: 3 Warmups; 225x12; 255x8; 275x5 ...no real rhyme or reason to this just kept pressing... first time using 275 for reps on here in a while... for those that know me or have lifted with me, you know I almost put 315 on ;)

Decline DB Flyes: 2x10 ...used the 50s and just got a good squeeze in my pecs...kept constant tension on 'em by keeping the DBs about 6-8 inches apart at the top of the movement...

Flat DB Press: 2x10 followed by immediate drop set of 10 more ...didn't go heavy at all... just kept it at the 100s... I was doing "farmer's walks" inbetween sets when I got the DBs because the close bench by the DBs was taking by someone doing lord knows what on it. So I opted for the bench that was waaaaay on the other side of the room haha I tell you my gym is crazy.

Seated BB Military Press: Warmup; 2x10 ...first time doing these outside of a smith machine... felt great... banged out a good clean 10 then went to 185 for the last set of 10... I had to rest pause the last set but still got it with no issues...

Arnold Press: 2x10 ...did these with 70s and had no issues and felt really good... delts were on FIRE.

Shoulder Press Machine: 1x12 ...just did one set to really fry my delts beyond all repair...

DB Side Laterals: 2x10 followed by immediate dropset of 10 more ...I really focused on form/control on these. I constantly see people using too much weight on these and I just wonder what their form is like?

Thoughts
-My chest was incredibly pumped. My upper chest was insane and just felt a lot bigger than the rest of my pec after that first set. Even'd things out with the rest of the work. Flys felt good and were very deep stretches. During the seated militarys a worker at the gym came over and wanted to watch. I know very weird... I just tuned him out with the iPod and kept my head down. My delts/chest are tender/sore--especially my delts. Man oh man what a great session.
-Napping, getting my meals in, and relaxing before work tonight. It doesn't get any better... I will be doing some school work though inbetween... argh.
-I won't be doing an accessory day this week due to taking Monday off. Instead I'll hit calves on leg day tomorrow and I'll hit abs/forearms with arms friday...

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Performed in: ~54 minutes

*Stretching before and in between sets and even AFTER sets*

Leg Extensions: *pre exhaust* 1x50; 1x40; 1x30 ...I was able to do everyone of these sets without a rest/pause to 'em except for the 2nd set which I had to stop on rep 30 for...I took a quick breath, rubbed my quads, and called myself a ***** for stopping. Damn these are so painful but really get your mind right for legs.

Horizontal Leg Press: 2 Warmup Sets; 2x15 ...These were a tough 15...I'm not a fan of the horizontal leg press but I feel if I can rotate this thing with the 45 degree one then I'll hit a multitude of angles... which hopefully equates to more progress.

Squats: 5 Warmups (did 8 deeeep reps w/ 'em); 2x10 (275) (was a fart under parallel) ...after the last set I immediately followed with a dropset for another 10 reps going ATG. I was exhausted after the first set of these but sucked it up for the second one. More reps than last week--****'s coming back. Thank you muscle memory...

Lying Leg Curls: 3x10 ...focused on the hammies pulling and held last reps for a good 5 second count...

Seated Leg Curls: 2x10 ...haven't used this machine in awhile but it felt pretty good and helped keep constant tension on my hammies...

Seated Calf Raises: 3x25 ...very slow controlled full reps with holds at the top and bottom... I did these in between sets of lying leg curls

Standing Calf Raises: 3x10-12 ...did these slow as well and my calves were burning... had some freaky veins running down 'em...

Thoughts
-Yesterday was a looooong day of running around back and forth. However--it has nothing on today. Today I'll be running around from 5AM to 8:30 PM only to probably head out to watch the Panthers game. This means it's a HIGH caffeine day... I have non stop classes till 12 then immediately heading to BB&T (it's my last day there :) ). Even though its my last day they decided to **** out an assignment for me to do... argh. But after that its directly back to school to watch a video from the "mock" trial I participated in the day before. Woe is me. That video is freaking 3 hours and some change long. My bookbag is packed with food....
-With it being a long day you would think I'd take it easy right? Hell no. I decided to blast legs to really make things interesting. I was wobbling around already and was unsteady on my legs after a few of these sets. Great stuff.
-Tomorrow I have Federal Court to help out with a few pleas and so forth then it's nothing but naps/relaxing until I decide to stop procrastinating and work on my business organizations project.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Performed in: ~59 minutes

CG BB Curls: 2 Warmups; 2x10 ...immediate dropset afterwards where I squeezed my bis like no other...
*SUPERSET*
Short Bar Pressdowns: 2 Warmups; 2x10 (stack + 25) ...blasted these out and followed up the last set with an immediate dropset for another 12 ...felt really good.

CG Ez Bar Scott Curls: 3x10 ...I did 1/4 burns at the end of each set with these...damn these burn oh so good
*SUPERSET*
DB Tri Extensions: 3x10 ...I did the first set with a 90 and got it with no problems...I then opted for the alternating one arm version of these and felt really good with 'em and felt like I was able to get a better ROM.

Hammer Cable Curls: *used hammer grip bar* 3x10 ...nothing major here just used this for some variation in here and to bring my forearms into the equation. Felt good even though I'm not a fan of this cable attachment.
*SUPERSET*
Close Handle Pressdowns: *the one that looks like a mini pyramid* 3x?? ...I just kept doing these till I felt the burn going on in my tris and felt them getting full...felt great...I know one set was upwards of 15 reps...

Thumbless Reverse Grip BB Curls: 3x15-20 ...did these thumbless and it was a killer....forearms were burning.

Standing Cable Crunches: 5x25 ...slow, controlled, and really squeezed.
*SUPERSET*
BTB Reverse BB Wrist Curls: 4x15-25

Thoughts
-Had a good session in there today. I'll admit, I stayed up watching the game last night so I was tired and almost didn't get in there... I just hit snooze and got a few extra minutes of sleep before rolling out there. The few extra minutes didn't feel like anything though... I'll be napping after my criminal placement today. I'm heading down to Federal Court so things should be interesting--they are strict as hell at Federal Court so I won't be able to bring in any food... argh. Save me casein!
-It was a good game last night--our defense really is hurting without some key players and same with our O Line. Injuries are killing us... Still staying true to my team though.
-This was a really good session and I'm glad I woke my ass up to go. I had a great pump and had my veins popping... Saw a few across my elbow/tri area...saw some in the forearms...and saw the big bicep ones. I ran out of all my pre workout stuff so I'm just dosing BCAA stack/~1-2 grams of Creatine intraworkout and then post workout 2 scoops Torrent with a meal 40-45 minutes later.
-Going to the first of 3 Thanksgivings Saturday... yeah buddy. Hope everyone has a great weekend...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Damn Panthers...

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Performed in: ~47 minutes

BB Flat Bench Press: 5 Warmups; 1x5 (225); 1x5 (275); 1x5 (315); 1x1 (335); 1x1 (345); 1x1 (355); 1x1 (325); 1x3 (315); 1x5 (275); 1x8 (225) (pause reps); 1x? (185)(speed reps) ...just sheer madness here. Nothing planned just wanted to do some benching... pyramid up and back down... felt really good...

incline DB: 1x10 (90); 1x10 (100); 2x8 (110s) ...man oh man...110s felt great and didn't really pose a problem except for the last rep of each set. Great stuff.

Flat DB Flys: 2x10 followed by another 2x10 ...first set of 2x10 was heavy and with the 6-8 inches apart at the top of the movement to keep constant tension on the chest. Next set of 2x10 was with a lighter weight but with Ferrigno twists at the end. Felt great.

DB Side Laterals: 2x10 then a heavy set of 8 then an instant drop for another 10

Shoulder Press Machine: 3x10 ...just opted for these when the benches were getting taken by everyone else... nonetheless a solid day.

Thoughts
-Chest felt thick and powerful. I liked varying up the rep speeds and by adding in the heavier weight as well. I wasn't shooting for any PRs or anything like that but I'm starting to use 315 more and more as a rep weight. I also flexed/stretched my chest inbetween the bench sessions... 110s felt light on inclines... upper body feels good. Yes sir.
-My tris were really blazing from the sessions as well... my legs were sore all the way up until pretty much Sunday. I sat in the sauna post workout today and loved it.
-Spent the weekend resting/relaxing/eating good food. Had one Thanksgiving and have 2 more to go. Good stuff.
-This is a shorter week in school--gotta love it. Working on getting my Bar Application out this weekend/early next week. Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Here's some pics...

Plate from my First Thanksgiving on Saturday-- my legs were sore all weekend until I had this meal. After I digested it I was no longer sore :) My plate was loaded w/ turkey, ham, veggies, casseroles, stuffing, you name it. What's great is I have 2 more Thanksgivings to enjoy.

Sunday I woke up and decided to go out for breakfast. It was a lazy Sunday so we went to iHop. I got the sirloin tips and scrambled eggs w/ hashbrowns, side of grits, and egg nog pancakes. Deliciousness.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Both of those meals look amazing. I want IHOP now, real bad.

Lazy Sunday you say? Remember this gem:

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Back/Traps/Rear Delts[/size]

Deads: 3 Warmup Sets; 1x10 (365); 1x10 (375); 1x5 (405) ...went for the higher reps this week. Had no problems at all and will be moving up in weight next time in. Nothing too heavy but felt great hitting some higher reps. I exploded up with the 405 and made it look easy according to some guys that watched me. Felt good. Back is fried. My goal is to be deceivingly thick.

DB Rows: 1x10 (90s); 1x10 (100s) ...Just kept the form tight and focused on pulling with my lats. I felt like my back was super wide after these.

Lat Pulldown: 2x10 (WIDE, thumbless) 2x10 (Reverse Narrow Grip) ...these felt really good. I actually got a great pump from these and felt great.

BO DB Raises: 2x10 ...moved up in weight each set and really felt these. Good stuff.

BTB SM Shrugs: 2x12 ...held contractions at the top of last rep for as long as possible.

BB Shrugs: 1x15 (315); 1x12 (365); 1x20 (275) ...felt really good. The 365 was a change of pace on these and hopefully will bring my traps the development I'm looking for.

Thoughts
-I drank 1 1/2 scoops of Torrent on the way home-- ~35 min later I had 4 whole eggs and a slice of some Pumpkin bread we made last night. I loaded up on TONS of sweet potatoes yesterday as they were on sale--I also loaded up on Chicken breasts... I'm covered for at least a week and a half hopefully haha.
-My back is fried, sore, and DONE. I feel it all over. This should equate to progress and a great day haha. Seriously though I felt like it was a great successful workout and I'm working on making my back an asset. I felt really thick afterwards.
-Today is my last day of classes this week--I have 2 classes to make it through and then my LAST Litigation Clinic at my criminal placement--I can't wait.
-Damn I'm ready to be done for the semester.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Both of those meals look amazing. I want IHOP now, real bad.

Lazy Sunday you say? Remember this gem:
That was awesome. I've never seen that :eek:

Yeah the meals were great and the iHop was delicious.... I highly recommend unless you're cutting haha The egg nog pancakes surprised me... they are great.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Arms[/size]
Performed in: ~68 minutes

CG BB Curls: 2 Warmups; 1x10; 1x8; 1x5; 1x8; 1x10 ...damn my bis were pumped on these. I did a pyramid up in weight and then pyramid back down. Felt good I didn't go that heavy for those wondering. Just kept things tight/controlled/strict. I did 1/4 burns on some of the sets at the end... really pumped.

Alt DB "Preacher" Curls: (I used the back of an adjustable bench for my "preacher" curls and just alternated arms. It allowed me to take my delts out of the equation) 3x8 ..these felt great and I had to really work to get the last reps of the last set. Damn.

Rope Hammer Curls: 4x10 ...first time doing these--won't be the last. Felt these all over my forearms and bis...

CG Ez Bar Scott Curls: 3x10 ...no lie. I was originally going to go FST-7 style on these. However, I quickly learned during the 2nd set that there was no damn way... my bis were literally torched and burned with these. Felt great though.

CGBP: 2 Warmups; 2x10; 1x8 dropset 1x10 ...I'm always split on how I like these as I always feel like my elbows try to "flare" out... bastards. Either way though I focused on keeping them in and got a decent pump from 'em.

Ez Bar Skull Crushers: 3x10 ...had an insane pump from these and really loved 'em. Didn't wanna stop 'em. I flexed/stretched inbetween sets of these... man oh man arms looked visibly thick/big.

Reverse Grip Pressdowns: *short bar* 4x10-12 ...first time doing these and won't be the last. I had the great pump continue over to these... really felt good.

OH Rope Ext: 3x10 ..went heavier each set and just used these as a finisher...

Thumbless Reverse Grip BB Curls: 4x8-10 ...damn these are just beyond brutal haha I love 'em

DB Wrist Curls: 2x20-25 ...left wrist was acting up on these for some reason...

BTB Reverse BB Wrist Curls: 2x15-20 ...forearms were fried with these. I had to have a "spot" to get my water to my mouth haha

Thoughts
-For those UNAWARE-- tomorrow was an obvious OFF day. I woke up like normal bright and early--as I did I relaxed how torched my back was. Serious I felt paralyzed haha. I was hurting all over from traps to lower back to lats and all over. I got a massage on it that day but man I was sore as hell. I opted to lay back down and rest up. Woke up later and kept to the normal diet plan minus 2 good sized burritos I had later that day haha. Good stuff. It was a much needed rest though and I felt better today though still sore.
-Worked on my BAR application all day yesterday... Good news--I'm done filling it out. Bad News-- I have to get finger printed, the whole thing notarized, and special copies made in a certain way for it all to work. I've also got to hand write a few of these forms... BUT I will have it in before the end of November thankfully.
-I was at work last night and ran into a guy who hasn't seen me since the conclusion of the OBF... he said it looked like I weighed 260 haha good stuff I told him I was no where near that. He also was shocked I was in law school and going to be a lawyer... I'm definitely not the "typical" law student
-I opted for arms today not just because my lower back/back were still tender/sore but because I'm hoping the surplus of protein from all the turkey and food will help spur some more much needed growth. Good stuff.
-Our gym is CLOSED today and tomorrow--good thing I work there and have my own key. It was my own sanctuary in there today--but I did let in one guy who is a "like minded" individual who hates to miss a day--we had the place to ourselves and I had a great workout. Doing the same thing tomorrow yeah buddy.
-Give THANKS today and spend some time with your family and friends. Eat up, rest, and relax. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Quads/Hamstrings/Calves/Abs[/size]
Performed in: ~70 minutes

*Stretching before/after and in between sets*

Leg Extensions: *pre exhaust* 1x50; 1x40; 1x30 ...My quads were on FIRE. The 2nd set was a bitch and a half...took a lot to get through those... by the last set my legs were so pumped/numb it wasn't as bad.

45 Degree Leg Press: 2 Warmup Sets; 2x15 (regular stance); 1x10 (feet up high) ...these were killer...I really felt these more than I do the horizontal ones and I went heavier than I've ever gone on these. I also opted for an extra set with my feet placed higher up on the leg press as well.

Squats: 5 Warmups (did 8 deeeep reps w/ 'em); 2x10 (275); 1x5 (315); 1x10 (drop set of speed reps) ...finally. 275 felt good and heavy. I jumped from 225 to 275 and immediately could feel the extra 50 lbs... I thought I was doomed but ended up sticking with it and got through the set without issue. Put 315 on and surprised myself at my depth with it since its the FIRST time I've done 315 since my injury. Slowly but surely. Did some lighter weight speed reps afterwards--really helped move the blood around a bit. Depth wasn't an issue on these.

Lying Leg Curls: 3x10 dropset 1x8 ...Felt great and moved up a bit in weight...hammies felt tight.

Standing Alt Leg Curls: 2x10 ...moved up in weight on these as well...

Seated Calf Raises: 4x25 ...insanely slow...my calves were instantly pumped/full/and crazy to walk on haha...

Hip Abductor/Adductor Machine: 4x15 ...did 2 sets of abductor, 2 sets adductor...

Abs: 150 reps ...did 75 of 'em kneeling cable crunches... did the other 75 heavy on the ab crunch machine...

Thoughts
-Ate some great food yesterday... turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole, green beans, rolls, stuffing, pumpkin pie w/ pecans, homemade brownies & ice cream, mashed potatoes, man oh man... so much good stuff. Even the red wine was good. Can't beat it.
-My arms are sore... from the bis, tris, forearms... gotta love it. No better way to bounce back from thanksgiving than a brutal leg workout... I'm expecting massive soreness...
-Had the gym to myself w/ the same guy from yesterday. Damn I love having that place empty like that no goons no nothing. People are lining up for Black Friday to go shopping... for me it's just another day in the gym.
-Just taking it easy, relaxing, enjoying a leftover Turkey Day plate, and hanging out. Good stuff. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Target Group: Back/Rear Delts[/size]
Performed in: ~60 minutes

Pullups: I just did a quick 10 reps for an easy warm up... was surprised at how good I got these. Gonna do more next time in.

Rack Deads: (Easily 3-4 inches below knees) 4 Warmup Sets; 1x8 (315); 1x6 (365); 2x6 (405); 1x6 (425); 1x4 (455); 1x0 (495); 2x1 (495) PR ...Just went for some mid to low reps on these. First time getting 495 up... First time getting 455 for that many reps as well... before my TFL injury I could only get 455 sumo style... but damn they felt great. Tried 495 once and got no where fast. I changed the song on my iPod to some Disturbed and blasted out the 495 and held it for a good 5 seconds at the top. Gave it a minute and then repped it again just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Got it A LOT easier the second time around. I had that same goon (the gym worker) watching over my every move... sigh. Great session though.

BO BB Rows: 5x10-15 ...last set I reversed the grip on the dropset...worked up to 255 with no issues...felt really good and no issues.

Lat Pulldown: 3x10 (WIDE, thumbless); 2x10 (Reverse Narrow Grip) ...went heavier than I have before on the wide pulldowns...felt really good and thick. Reverse grips felt great as well.

BO DB Raises: 3x10 ...felt really good in my rear delts...

Straight Arm Lat Pushdowns: 3x10 ...slowly did these and concentrated on my lats doing the work...good pump/finisher. I wanted to use the pullover machine but it was taken.

Thoughts
-Ran out of Torrent, which isn't terrible as I won't be using it for my prep work in a few weeks anyway. I do have some EAA Nitro to mix in with some protein. I also have a good amount of Glutamine as well.
-Got my new contest diet from Rage. Gonna implement it soon and get it going a week before I start cardio with it. Training is more than likely gonna change up... gonna go as heavy as possible till then.
-Semi busy day today with outlining and so forth. Getting my BAR application almost done as it's about 85% done. Will be closer to 95% by the end of the day then hopefully mailing it off VERY soon. Last week of school here.
-Had a TON of good food over the weekend... always kept it high protein for the most part and enjoyed a great relaxing Thanksgiving.
-I wanted to hit up Chest today, but my tris/bis were still a tad bit sore from working Arms on Thursday and my legs are sore from Friday. That abductor/adductor machine killed me... seriously gonna implement it more. Regardless, I'm hitting chest tomorrow.
-I felt really good about my PR today as I had the rack deads set low, easily 3 inches below my knees. Felt great to move it up and got it a lot better on my 2nd attempt. The way the rack deads were set I felt like I was working on my "sticking point" in regular deads. Whatever it is, I'm glad to pull it.

King Con

Awards
  • Established

BB Flat Bench Press: 4 Warmups; 1x10 (275); 1x5 (315); 1x5 (315); 1x8 (275)...just kept it real basic today and blasted away. On the 2nd set of 315 I had 2 of the reps forced. Got a solid pump in my chest and moved to the next move.

incline DB: 1x10 (100); 2x8 (110) ...blasted these. I almost moved up to the 120s but thought I'd save some for next time. Felt really good. Definitely moving up next week though.

Flat DB Flys: 2x10 ...just went for a good stretch and pump here. Been doing the usual 6-8 inches apart at the top to keep constant tension on the pecs.

SM Seated Militarys: 1 Warmup; 2x8-10 ...got up to 205 on the last set for 8 before I was buried haha...felt good though.

Cable Crossovers: 2x12 ...just leaned forward and really worked these. One set I crossed over each arm over the other for a rep and the next set treated it more like a fly if that makes sense...felt really good.

Shoulder Press Machine: 2x15 ...opted for higher reps with these...

DB Side Raises: 2x10 ...blasted a heavier weight than normal...moving up next week.

Thoughts
-I had an intense pump after the flat bench and incline DBs... it was awesome and felt great. Working on building up a massive/thick chest... I got lots of work to do but feel I'm on the right path.
-Just have a few days of school left (I'm done on Thursday). Then it's study and relaxation. I'm already looking forward to seeing my progress when I cut down and see where I stand.
-I felt really good about my session today and look forward to hitting up some traps, abs, forearms, calves tomorrow. Good stuff.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Just found this training log, looks cool from what I quickly glanced at.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
OFF DAY
-Instead of hitting the gym today (usually the ab, forearm, calve routine), I opted to stay home and get some extra rest. I feel a cold/sinus infection coming on so I'll be mega dosing the Vit C again and getting extra rest/fluids all day. I'm also taking care of my dog who just got through with his surgery as he's recovering.
-I'll be finalizing my BAR application today--hell yeah. Only sad part is that's 700 bucks down... hits ya hard with the holidays. Just going to print it off and get everything notarized.
-I have 2 classes today, a "reflective" paper due, and then lost more rest, studying, outlining. I'm also stopping at the store and getting a few things for my upcoming diet. The heavy rains/cold weather/winds make me want to do nothing but sleep.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Get some Vitamin D too man. Hope you feel better.

Why do tests like that cost so much money?