1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

My Time..My Journey...

Hey All.
    Just new to the AM board. Lets get the party started.
    4/27/09
    Chest/Tri
    Flat bench
    265x8,8,8,7 tempo 3/1/2 [ 2 min rbs]
    db incline 75x10,80x9,8,8, tempo 3/1/X [2 min rbs]
    flat flye 60x12,55x13,50x15 tempo 3/0/x 3 min rbs
    Pushdowns
    130x6,140x6,6, 150x4
    rope pushdowns
    80x9,70x10,10,60x12
    rg pushdowns
    100x12,90x13,13.
    abs 4 sets wted crunch 75lbs on chest x 12
    Supplements:
    AAEFX LBA Pro
    AAEFX LBA Pro asap upon wakening, 1 time before meal 3 and meal 5
    AAEFX Nytric EFX Pro 45 min prior
    AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX Pro 45 min prior
    AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn Creatine right before wo 1 min
    AAEFX Cell Rush post wo
    AAEFX LG5 post wo and before bed

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.88%

first in, good luck bro those are some sweet weights
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

nice numbers, i'll be following along.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

Thank you.
    My goal starting May 1st will be to trim down.
    I turn 46 in Sept so I wouldnt mind getting my abs back again.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

4/28/09
    Quads/Hammies..Mostly Hammies
    bike 8 min
    squats
    135x15,315x8,8,8 / tempo 3/1/2[down 3- pause bottom 1- up 2
    right into leg press 500x12,12,12 / tempo same as squats
    leg ext 2 sets 200x12
    Seated leg curls
    195x8,200x8,205x8 210x7,215x7,7
    sldl
    185x12,205x12,225x11
    hypers toes up 3 setsx12 25lb plate held at chest
    single leg curls60x17
    8 sets calve- 4 seated, 4 leg press
    Prior to work @ 1:00 60 min walk hills
    PNI REP

6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.45%

Welcome to the Board!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by manny1010 View Post
    Welcome to the Board!
    Thank you manny
    PNI REP

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

4/29/09
    40 min cardio asap in the am, got called to work early.
    4/30/09
    back bis
    bar rows
    255x12,275x10,285x10,10
    rg rows
    245x9,9,9
    db pullover
    80x12,12,90x10,10
    bis
    db curls
    45x8,50x7,7,55x6
    preach curls
    75x12,12,80x10,85x9
    hammer curls 2sets of 60x8
    machine curls 60x20..good pump , lots of blood to start the healing process.
    30 min treadmill, 3.7 mph-5% grade
    AAEFX LBA Pro asap upon wakening, 1 time before meal 3 and meal 5
    AAEFX Nytric EFX Pro 45 min prior
    AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX Pro 45 min prior
    AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn Creatine right before wo 1 min
    AAEFX Cell Rush post wo
    AAEFX LG5 post wo and before bed
    PNI REP

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

Nice numbers big man. Especially the rows.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Nice numbers big man. Especially the rows.
    Thank you..
    I believe i forgot to log my tempo for my lifts for the wk.
    Part of PRRS training are the tempo's.
    PNI REP

11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

Interesting i've never tried training by tempo ever? How do you find your body reacts to that style of training?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

Interesting i've never tried training by tempo ever? How do you find your body reacts to that style of training?
    Eric Broser has a system called FD/FS
    Fiber Destruction/ Fiber Saturation...
    My last wks workout were like a hybrid of prrs/fd/fs.
    Eric also uses the tempos in his prrs..but its more brutal during fd/fs.
    Getting older i had to change the tempos somewhat and have great results from it.
    I only run fd/fs for 3 wks, its hard on the cns.
    When i switch over to it i'll let you know.
    PNI REP

13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

That would be great!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

Shock wk with twist..WOW
    -SUPERSET: STANDING ALTERNATING DB CURL/ROPE PUSHDOWN...2 X 4-6/16-20
    1st set 55x6-rope pushdown 90x16 2nd set 50x6-rope pushdown 80x18
    -SUPERSET: LYING EZ BAR EXT/FRONT DOUBLE BICEPS POSE CABLE CURL...2 X 4-6/16-20
    skulls 1st set 115x6- cable curls 60x15 2nd set 110x6-50x15
    -SUPERSET: STANDING BB OR EZ BAR CURL/BENCH DIPS...2 X 4-6/16-20
    90x5-bodywt dipsx20 same as 1st set
    -SUPERSET: SEATED TWO ARMS OVERHEAD DB EXT/BB REVERSE CURL...2 X 4-6/16-20
    1st set 80x6-55x15 2nd set 85x5-50x14
    PNI REP

15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

That would be great!

FD/FS: Four Little Letters that Can Mean BIG GAINS!

Warning: For those Iron Man readers who are afraid of stretch marks, cannot afford to purchase a new wardrobe, or simply do not want to take up more space, please stop reading this article now! Just put the magazine down, slowly back away, grab the remote, and watch some Seinfeld reruns. “No soup for you!”

However, for the rest of you…the one’s that live to grow…sit back with your favorite protein drink, get comfortable, and read my words, because I have a feeling that what follows may be of great interest to you!

The wonderful thing about bodybuilding is, just like life, it is a constant and ongoing learning process. Nobody has all the answers, but if you keep your eyes (and mind) open wide enough, you will slowly but surely pick up more and more pieces of the puzzle.

Several years ago, I introduced a training system to the bodybuilding world called Power, Rep Range, Shock, which I believe contains many of these essential pieces. Most Iron Man readers are intimately familiar with my program, as I have written several articles about it right here in these pages, as well as on many sites all over the Internet. In addition, Steve Holeman and Jonathan Lawson have been utilizing P/RR/S in combination with X-Reps for the last several months, and writing about their experiences in the popular Train, Eat, Grow column.

However, for those of you that might be new to Iron Man, and/or have not had the opportunity to read about my P/RR/S training program (what are you living under a rock?), I think it is important for me to quickly go over the main points, as it is this original program that was the genesis for the material that lies ahead. For those of you that are already P/RR/S users, consider this a quick refresher course!

Basic P/RR/S Training

Power, Rep Range, Shock is a cyclical approach to lifting weights in which you utilize a unique training protocol every week (in 3-week cycles), with the goal of tapping into all of the body’s various growth mechanisms. Each of the three weeks is meant to bring about a specific physiological effect, so that your body cannot adapt to any one form of training, which would eventually result in stagnation. P/RR/S addresses muscle growth from a variety of angles, and allows significant progress to take place on a very consistent, and long-term, basis.

Week # 1 is POWER training, and it is meant to annihilate the highest threshold fast twitch muscle fibers, increase raw strength, and stimulate a greater amount of natural testosterone to course through your veins. Here is the outline for a basic POWER week, along with a sample workout for back:

Rep Goal: 4-6
    Rest Between Sets: 3-5 minutes
    Lifting Tempo: 4/0/X
    Exercises: Mostly compound

1-Rack Deadlift: 4 x 4-6
    2-Weighted WG Pull-ups: 3 x 4-6
    3-Underhand Grip BB Bent Row: 3 x 4-6
    4-CG Seated Cable Row: 3 x 4-6

Week # 2 is REP RANGE training, the goal of which is tear through all the intermediary muscle fibers that lie along the continuum from Type I to Type II, induce capillarization, and to stimulate growth producing metabolic adaptations within muscle cells. Here is the outline for a basic REP RANGE week, along with a sample workout for triceps:

Rep Goal: 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-20
    Rest Between Sets: 2-3 minutes
    Lifting Tempo: 2/1/2/1***
    Exercises: Compound, Isolation, Machine or Cable

***1-second hold at peak contraction for certain exercises (ex. Leg Extensions).

1-Smith CG Bench Press: 2 x 7-9
    2-Lying Triceps Extension: 2 x 10-12
    3-Rope Pushdown: 2 x 13-15
    4-Dumbbell Kickback: 2 x 16-20

Week # 3 is SHOCK training, and a true test of your ability to withstand searing muscle pain! The burn and lactic acid that SHOCK workouts produce will help flood your system with natural GH, literally bathing your cells in one of the most powerful muscle producing, fat incinerating hormones known to science! Here is the outline for a basic SHOCK week, along with a sample workout for delts:

Rep Goal: 8-10 (dropset is 8-10, drop, 6-8)
    Rest Between Sets: cardiovascular and mental recovery
    Lifting Tempo: 1/0/1
    Exercises: Compound, Isolation, Machine or Cable

1-Superset: Seated Side Lateral/Behind the Neck Press: 2 x 8-10 each
    2-Superset: WG Cable Upright Row/Bent Lateral: 2 x 8-10 each
    3-Dropset: Barbell Front Raise: 1 x 8-10, drop, 6-8

Once you have completed the 3-week P/RR/S cycle, return to the beginning and repeat, with the intention of training more intensely on the following cycle. I suggest you use the same exercises for three straight cycles, and try to lift heavier weight and/or increase your reps at each workout. After three full P/RR/S cycles either take a complete week off from the gym, or at least train at low intensity for one week to allow for repair and recovery of joints, muscles, and the CNS. Upon returning to P/RR/S, feel free to switch some or all of the exercises, and prepare to push even harder through the next three cycles.

The Next Step

Like I mentioned earlier, bodybuilding is a constant learning process, and a pursuit where complacency is not welcome (not under my watch!). Even though I knew I had hit upon something wonderful with P/RR/S training, I still took it upon myself to dig deeper. This led me to an advanced version of my program, which I presented to Iron Man readers in a 2006 article entitled, “Power, Rep Range, Shock 2. Variations and Advanced Techniques.” And while the protocols that I presented in that piece once again raised the bar on muscle growth, I have to admit I still remained unsatisfied and hungry for more! I suppose this relentless pursuit of better and more efficient ways to stimulate hypertrophy can be looked upon as somewhat compulsive, but long ago I decided to make it my life’s work to not only explore the outer limits of my own genetic potential, but to help as many others as possible do this as well.

And here we are. So take a big breath, and put on some comfortable shoes, because I now invite you to take the next step!

First Things First

Before going forward I want to take a little time to discuss what muscle growth means and what is really happening when it occurs. Most often people relate hypertrophy to an increase in “protein synthesis,” or the production of new cellular proteins from amino acids. However, the process is far more complex than this, requiring an overwhelming cascade of physiological events to occur in a specific order, while dozens of bodily hormones and chemicals rush into action. To discuss all of this in depth would take the space of entire book, and likely bore you tears, so let’s skip to the meat and potatoes of this whole thing because I really don’t want any of you to fall asleep, or even worse, dehydrate (and besides, meat and potatoes are yummy).

In order for muscle hypertrophy to occur, new cells (known as satellite cells) must fuse with existing muscle fibers. Normally these satellite cells are dormant, and sit “minding their own business” adjacent to muscle fiber sarcolemma.

An intense weight-training workout can serve as a trigger for satellite cell activation, leading to the first stage of hypertrophy, known as proliferation. It is at this point that these cells will begin to divide and multiply, forming into myoblasts. The myoblasts then fuse with existing muscle fibers and donate their nuclei in a process called differentiation. Because muscle cells contain many nuclei, increasing their number allows the cell to regulate more cytoplasm, inducing more actin and myosin (the two main contractile proteins in skeletal muscle) to be produced. This increases overall cell size and protein content, leading to a larger muscle mass.
    So, in a nutshell, what bodybuilding comes down to is a continuous process of damage and repair, over and over. Hard weight training traumatizes our muscles, causing injury to the fibers, leading the body to respond by not only repairing the damage, but also making the muscle fibers bigger and stronger in the process (however, this is only if the body is given the proper rest and flooded with enough nutrients to do so).

What this means to you is that if you are not training intensely enough to damage your muscle fibers, your body will never turn on the anabolic “machinery” necessary to force hypertrophy to take place. And, even if you do train hard enough, but don’t give your body the building blocks necessary (via food and supplements) to complete the repair and building process, you will continually take one step back, and one step forward…leaving you literally standing still.

Enter FD/FS Training!

FD/FS stands for “Fiber Damage/Fiber Saturation,” and is a training method I have been working with and tweaking over the last 8 months, while looking to add some significant muscle mass to areas that I consider weak points. I should mention that in no way have I abandoned P/RR/S training, but have used FD/FS to greatly augment it.

With FD/FS the workout is basically broken into 2 phases. In the first phase (fiber damage), the goal is to utilize training protocols known to cause significant micro-trauma in the muscle fibers. As I mentioned earlier, this is a necessary step to setting the growth process in motion. The techniques to be used in order to achieve this goal with the utmost precision are: 1) Heavy Weights, 2) Eccentric Emphasis, and 3) Stretch Under Tension. If you have ever performed a workout using any of these methods, you more than likely felt a good degree of soreness in the target muscles over the following days, which is indicative of the type fiber damage we are looking for. However, when all of these techniques are combined properly, you definitely will experience a whole new level of muscle pain, ache (the good kind!) and stiffness. Now that is all well and good, but remember, your body must be able to not only repair all of this damage, but also reinforce the muscle fibers by making them larger and stronger. Digging a whole is fine, as long as you not only refill the hole, but also pile some new dirt on top! Got it?

This is where the second phase of the workout comes in (and where the magic happens)…fiber saturation. Once you have damaged the muscle fibers the goal is to now bathe them with as much nutrient/hormone-rich blood as humanly possible. That’s right, it’s time to chase the pump…big time! In other words, I don’t want you to wait to get home for the recovery process to begin. I want you to facilitate immediate repairs, and take advantage of the fact that during a workout (especially when high repetitions are involved) there is as much as five times the normal amount of blood flowing directly to the muscles than when at rest! In my experimentation with various FS protocols, I have found that what works best are: 1) Very High Repetitions, 2) Continuous Tension, and 3) Post Activation Supersets (compound movement followed by isolation movement). The goal when performing FS sets is to use a “piston-like” tempo, where the weight is almost constantly moving. There is no time for “stretch and squeeze,” as all we wish to do is force so much blood into the target muscle that it feels like it may burst! The muscle has already undergone the trauma necessary during FD, and now it is time to nourish it!

Speaking of Nourishment…

In order for FD/FS training to work to its potential, there is also a nutritional protocol to be used along with the program. The types of training techniques utilized during the FD phase are very brutal on both the muscles and CNS, which is why the FS stage of the workout is a necessary component. Since there will be a tremendous amount of blood traveling to the muscles during FS, we can take further advantage of this by overloading the system with certain nutrients before, during, and right after training. The period starting from right before the workout to immediately after is your greatest opportunity nutritionally to hasten the muscle building process!

A Better Look

Now that I have verbally bombarded you with “what’s” and “why’s” of FD/FS, lets take a look at what a typical day of training might have in store with a sample chest workout for both intermediate and advanced trainees (beginners have no place dabbling in such advanced training methods just yet).

Intermediate FD/FS Workout:

-Bench Press…2 x 3-4 (3/0/X tempo)
    -Incline Press…2 x 5-6 (6/1/1 tempo)
    -Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
    -Machine Bench Press…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
    -Smith Incline Press…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
    -Cable Crossover…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo)

*Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of last three movements should be no more than 1-2 minutes.

Advanced FD/FS Workout:

-Bench Press…2 x 3-4 + 1-2 forced reps (3/0/X tempo)
    -Smith Incline Press…2 x 2-3 +1 + 1 + 1 rest/pause style (6/1/1 tempo) or…Eccentric Only Smith Incline Press**…2 x 5-6 (6 second negatives)
    -Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
    -Machine Bench Press…2 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
    -Superset: Machine Dips (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps) /Pec Deck (1/0/1 tempo)…1 x 20-25 each

*Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of high rep movement should be no more than 1-2 minutes. Rest between exercises during superset should be no more than 15 seconds.
    **When performing an eccentric only set you must have one to two spotters available to lift the weight back into the start position. Remember, most trainees are 30-40% stronger when lifting eccentrically than concentrically.

Feed the Machine

As I discussed, the nutritional aspect of this program is almost as important as the workouts themselves. In fact, I would say that FD/FS training is about 30-40% more effective for muscle hypertrophy when the following protocol is utilized. It was not until I began using this exact approach that my gains began to skyrocket, allowing me to add about 8 lbs over a 3-week period of FD/FS!

45 minutes before training:

-Whey Protein Isolate…50 grams
    -Waxy Maize Starch or Maltodextrin…50 grams
    -Vitamin C…1000 mg
    -Phosphatidylserine…800 mg

Sip starting 15 minutes before workout and then throughout workout:

-Waxy Maize Starch or Maltodextrin…25 grams
    -Gatorade or similar drink containing electrolytes and glucose…25 grams
    -Essential Amino Acids 5-10 grams
    -BCAA’s…15-20 grams
    -Glutamine…15-20 grams
    -Creatine…5 grams
    -Beta Alanine…3 grams

15 minutes post workout:

-Whey Protein Isolate…50 grams
    -Waxy Maize Starch or Maltodextrin…50 grams
    -Antioxidant Blend (I like Radox by Syntrax)…1 serving

*Other ingredients can be used as well at all three times, such as ATP, citrulline, arginine, ALA, etc, but the above is more than enough to feed your muscles what they need.

Notes

Because of the extremely demanding nature of FD/FS training I highly recommend that it only be utilized during periods of the year when gaining muscle mass is the primary goal. You need to be well fed and well rested to fully reap the rewards of this program. With the exception of the most advanced bodybuilders, and/or those that do not train drug-free, I do not feel that FD/FS should be used during a cutting phase.

Further, FD/FS was not created for continual use, and should be cycled in and out of your regular training regimen, whether it be Power/Rep Range/Shock, DC, HIT, or any other method. It should only be used for 2-3 weeks periods or both physical and/or mental burnout can occur. Consider FD/FS as a “short burst” mega-mass gaining strategy!

Oh shoot, look what time it is, I gotta go! It’s time for me to go see my psychotherapist. You see, he is a client of mine and I had him try an FD/FS workout. He is now convinced that I am completely out of my mind, and desperately need help! But I don’t think I need a therapist…only a tailor!!

Peace Iron Warriors!
    PNI REP

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/5/09
    Chest/Delts
    Bench press[smith] all other bench's were taken, I dont like the smith btw!
    385x1..too easy 395x1 easy 405x1,1,1,1,1-good feel, and i had a spotter, very important. 1.5-2 min rest max.
    Incline press
    265x5,5,5.
    Flat fly
    60x15,55x15,50x20
    Delts
    standing o-h press
    165x9,175x8,185x6,5.
    Cheat laterals
    55x10,60x6,6
    wg upright rows
    135x11,125x13,110x13 right into sidelaterals again but used 15's x16...Fried Delts.
    25 min treadmill 3.7 mph 7% grade.
    PNI REP

17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

Thanks for the great write up. I think i might give that a try for my next bulking phase in september. Definitely is not a training style i've ever tried before but i had read a little about it in Iron Man Mag. Keep up the hard work in the gym big man and feel free to check out my log and maybe throw some suggestions my way as you seem to have a lot of knowledge and i can always use the help.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

Thanks for the great write up. I think i might give that a try for my next bulking phase in september. Definitely is not a training style i've ever tried before but i had read a little about it in Iron Man Mag. Keep up the hard work in the gym big man and feel free to check out my log and maybe throw some suggestions my way as you seem to have a lot of knowledge and i can always use the help.
    Will do bro!
    PNI REP

19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

5/6/09
    asap in morning
    LBA 1 tblsp
    and then 60 min cardio..walk/jog
    5/7/09
    Back/and light bis
    Rack deads, pins @ knee
    505x8,545x8,565x6,6
    Bar rows
    275x9,315x8,365x6,5
    wg pulldowns
    175x12,12,185x10,10[tempo, 2 down, 1 contracted, 1 up, 1 stretch]
    seated cable rows 2 sets
    150x15,140x15
    wg cable rows
    130x17
    alt d-b curls
    30x13,35x13
    hammer
    40x12,12,35x15
    PNI REP

20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

Nice work on the rack deads and barbell rows. Freakin strong buddy!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

5/11-13/09
    I have had just a hectic wk this far, I have been switched to dayshift all this wk, really throws things off.
    mainly 50 min worth of am cardio prior to work.
    This is a trypical wk off for me. 9 wks on 1 wk off
    PNI REP

22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.06%

Yes, great detailed post about the current method you're using. Great numbers, and log as well. Keep up the good work, and welcome to AM!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

Taking that one week off probably does wonders for your joints and muscles. A laid back week always seems to revitalize me.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    Yes, great detailed post about the current method you're using. Great numbers, and log as well. Keep up the good work, and welcome to AM!
    Thanks bon and thanks for the welcome.
    PNI REP

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

Taking that one week off probably does wonders for your joints and muscles. A laid back week always seems to revitalize me.
    By about Wed/Thurs into the week off, I'm soooo ready to get back in the gym.
    PNI REP

26. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

5/18/09
    After a rest wk..9 wks on 1 off
    Power wk Chest/Tri
    DB Flat press
    4 sets of 120's 1st 3 sets 7 reps, 4th set 6 reps
    Inclinepress
    280x6,6,5
    wted dips
    bdywt?+60x5,5
    Tri's
    close grip bench
    275x5,5,5,280x5
    Skulls
    125x5,5,130x5
    1 arm d-b ext overhead
    2 sets 50x5,55x5
    pushdowns v bar 1 set
    70x25
    No Cardio
    5/19/09
    Bis/delts
    Bar curls
    120x6,125x6,6 130x5
    preach curls 2 sets
    95x7,100x7
    Hammer 3 sets a little cheating going on with the last set.
    60x6,65x6,70x5
    Machine curls 60x16
    Delts
    Standing o-h press
    140x6,150x6,155x6,165x5
    upright rows
    135x5,145x5,5
    cheat laterals
    50x6,55x5
    cable side straight arm
    3x17
    NO CARDIO
    5/20/09
    Am cardio walking dog 70 mins
    5/21/09

Back
    Rack deads [pins set @mid shin]
    500x5,515x5,5
    bent row
    315x7,7,6,5
    wted chin
    bdy wt?x6,5,4 pooping out big time due to work load during the day...SUCKs too..Grrrr
    CG seated rows
    200x8,210x7,7
    pulldowns wg
    120x20....I've had it....
    Friday will be legs, I'm training several HS athletes that day, showing them BFS box squats, so the box squat will be my main focus along with hammies.
    PNI REP

27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

Nice numbers buddy. Especially those 315 rows!!! You can definitely tell that week off gave you a hunger to train like no other.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

Nice numbers buddy. Especially those 315 rows!!! You can definitely tell that week off gave you a hunger to train like no other.
    I was more strict with my tempos this wk, hence the poundage difference from 2 wks ago.
    3 down, 1 @bottom for the stretch, 1 up, 1 contraction and repeat
    It was BRUTAL!
    PNI REP

29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

Ouch, that does sound brutal. But you know what they say, "No pain, No Gain".
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

5/26/09
    RR wk Chest Dlts
    Incline db press
    95x7,100x7,105x6,110x6,115x6
    bench press
    275x10,280x10,295x9,300x9
    flyes flat
    70x12,80x12
    delts
    upright row
    135x7,145x6,6
    bent lateral
    55x10,60x10
    cable sl's
    5x11,11,4x13,4x12
    abs 9 sets
    3 sets wted crunch 70lb d-b on chest x 12
    3 sets of jackknifes
    3 sets of planks with a 25 lb plate on my back
    25 min treadmill,3.8 mph-6% grade
    PNI REP

31. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.16%

Looking good as usual big T!
    Guys, T is a big guy! His nickname fits him well.
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.45%

Yep we call him the TANK cause he has the strength, power, and size of a freaking M1Abrams...Whats up Tank..
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

dg/hoopie
    Thanks for the props.
    Aiming for that 20 lbs by Sept.
    Off to do some morning cardio!
    PNI REP

34. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

5/27/09
    A non typical day of cardio.
    Splitting and cutting wood non-stop for 4-5 hours.
    PNI REP

35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

Sometimes the best cardio is work around the house.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

Internet Probs...Hopefully solved.
    6/2/09
    Chest/Delts
    7-8 min warm-up on treadmill
    r/c movements for shoulders
    chest press warm up 135x12
    BFS Towel Bench
    320x6,6,6. 335x5
    incline fly
    75x10,80x9,85x9,8.
    assisted dips
    2 sets x13 1.5 min rest between sets.
    Delts
    1 arm o-h db press
    70x8,75x8,7,7
    sl's
    30x12,35x11,11
    rev pec dec 2 sets
    160x12,170x11
    wg rows[bar to chest]
    185x10,180x10
    ab work...blah.
    PNI REP

37. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

6/3/09
    Gotta love Leg Day
    10 min bike for a warm up followed by 1 set of leg ext 100x15
    Squats
    375x10,405x10,[455x9,8..475x6 knees wrapped]
    ext 3 sets
    175x12,12,185x11
    seated leg curls
    205x12,215x11,220x9,9 drop set220x8 drop to 170x6 more
    sldl
    275x12, 4 sec stretch 3 sets
    hypers toes up+35 lb plate 3 setsx8 reps
    8 sets of calves
    4 seated, 4 using leg press.
    NO CARDIO
    PNI REP

38. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

LBA PRO: 3 SERVINGS PER DAY 30 MIN BEFORE MEALS
    -CELL RUSH: 1 SERVING 30 MIN BEFORE PRE WORKOUT MEAL ON TRAINING DAYS
    -LG5 PRO: 1 SERVING 30 MIN BEFORE POST WORKOUT MEAL ON TRAINING DAYS
    -EFX KREALKALYN PRO: 1 CAP 30 MIN BEFORE PRE WORKOUT MEAL
    -EFX NYTRIC PRO: 1 TAB 30 MIN BEFORE MEALS 1, 3, 5 BOTH TRAINING AND OFF DAYS
    -KRE ALKALYN: 1 CAP 30 MIN BEFORE POST WORKOUT MEAL TRAINING DAYS AND FIRST MEAL ON OFF DAYS

6/4/09
    bis/tri
    alternating db curls
    45x10,50x10,9
    Preacher curls
    85x12,12,90x10
    Hammer curls
    60x10,65x10,9
    tris
    Skulls
    115x10,120x10,125x9,130x8
    v bar pushdown
    110x12,12,100x13
    assisted dips 3 setsx15
    20 min cardio
    3.7 mph/5*grade
    I had a lot of things to do to prepare for my fishing trip, so i had cut cardio short!
    PNI REP

39. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

6/8/09
    Back
    Rack Deads pins set 1 inch below knee cap
    575x7,585x6,6,5....605x3
    Bar rows
    335x6,345x6,365x6,6
    CG cable pull downs
    230x6,200x8,180x12,160x15
    pull overs
    100x10,90x13
    machine pull downs
    100x25
    20 min treadmill, 3.8 mph-7*grade

LBA PRO: 3 SERVINGS PER DAY 30 MIN BEFORE MEALS
    -CELL RUSH: 1 SERVING 30 MIN BEFORE PRE WORKOUT MEAL ON TRAINING DAYS
    -LG5 PRO: 1 SERVING 30 MIN BEFORE POST WORKOUT MEAL ON TRAINING DAYS
    -EFX KREALKALYN PRO: 1 CAP 30 MIN BEFORE PRE WORKOUT MEAL
    -EFX NYTRIC PRO: 1 TAB 30 MIN BEFORE MEALS 1, 3, 5 BOTH TRAINING AND OFF DAYS
    -KRE ALKALYN: 1 CAP 30 MIN BEFORE POST WORKOUT MEAL TRAINING DAYS AND FIRST MEAL ON OFF DAYS
    PNI REP

40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

Nice work big man. Sweet rack dead numbers!!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Journey
    By nateparker584 in forum Pics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 12:54 AM
  3. My journey through the 5/3/1
    By bsandora in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 01:12 AM
  4. Journey to 400 and 600