100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beginning Monday, March 9th, Pull-Up Challenge participants are doing one Pull-up on day one and adding one each day until we get to 100 pull-ups on the 100th day! That’s a total of 5050 pull-ups!
100 Day Pull-Up Challenge Details
100 Day Pull-Up Challenge. Beginning Monday, March 9th, we started doing one pull-up on day one and add one each day until we get to 100 pull-ups on the 100th day!​

The Rules:

1. Use any grip, jumping or modified, dead hangs, kipping or butterfly pull-ups are acceptable.
2. You can complete each day’s pull-ups all at once, or broken up and done at different times throughout the day.
3. If for some reason you miss a day, you have to make up all the missed pull-ups the following day.
4. If you don’t start the challenge with us today, you can “buy-in” at any time by doing ALL the missed day’s pull-ups on your first day.
5. Any pull-ups you complete during your regular workout can count towards that day’s Challenge pull-ups, if you want them to.
5. Have fun doing pull-ups and getting stronger doing it! (This is modeled after Crossfit Santa Cruz’s 100 day Burpee Challenge.)
Post your progress in the comments. Integrity, hold yourself accountable. It’s time to establish you as a pull-up bad ass! Are you man enough???

Here's a list of everyone who stated they're in on the challenge. If I missed anyone let me know. We'll see who's still around at the end :sasmokin:

(Me)

1. futurepilot
2. ozarkaBRAND
3. DormantFiber
4. p00ndawg
5. TheLastRonin
6. EasyEJL
7. WhatsaRoid?
8. brugalou
9. suncloud
10. pistolgripump
11. Chub
12. ABNRanger
13. macedaddy
14. GMG760
15. Sunder
16. jdg487
17. Broadway
18. wearedbleedblue
19. Graglor
20. luisfershredd
21. jumpshot903
22. Swoldierboy
23. thaOrleanyte
24. scottedont
25. madds87
26. mixedup
27. DreamOfWeight
28. littlejeni

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like fun. Im in, If I make it to 100pull ups I'll post a vid. **** if I make it to 50 pull ups I'll post a vid :laugh:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Future..

Awesome!!! Glad you're joining me and reps for being the 1st in on this. It should be fun, I know I'm really looking forward to it. Tell others, they may want to and can join at any time, but if they wait too long the "buy in" may be a lot.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Future..

Awesome!!! Glad you're joining me and reps for being the 1st in on this. It should be fun, I know I'm really looking forward to it. Tell others, they may want to and can join at any time, but if they wait too long the "buy in" may be a lot.
I can't wait, I'm starting this thing tomorrow.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
count me in.... if make to 10 i'll post a video... j/k

this should fit right in to my cycle!

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
How bout using 100 pounds around my waist for 10 reps? :beerchug:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
count me in.... if make to 10 i'll post a video... j/k

this should fit right in to my cycle!
Fit into your schedule? How so/what's your training?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How bout using 100 pounds around my waist for 10 reps? :beerchug:
If you want to add weight to your pull-ups more power to you, nut as the reps progress that may get to be a bit to much, well for me anyways.

So does this mean that your taking the challenge?

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
If you want to add weight to your pull-ups more power to you, nut as the reps progress that may get to be a bit to much, well for me anyways.

So does this mean that your taking the challenge?
Well i'll just try for shits n giggles to get to 100 pounds around my waist for 10 reps in 100 days, I like going heavy not high reps, I can currently do a 50 pound plate(yes I have a home gym lol) for 8 repsx3 sets I think in 100 days I could at LEAST get 100 for 1-4 reps..I used to do 2 50 pounders for 4 reps before I got married, so i hope muscle memory can help me transition easily back into heavy lifting again. I know its not according to your rules but i'll post my progress if you wish. Sounds like good motivation.:laugh:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well i'll just try for shits n giggles to get to 100 pounds around my waist for 10 reps in 100 days, I like going heavy not high reps, I can currently do a 50 pound plate(yes I have a home gym lol) for 8 repsx3 sets I think in 100 days I could at LEAST get 100 for 1-4 reps..I used to do 2 50 pounders for 4 reps before I got married, so i hope muscle memory can help me transition easily back into heavy lifting again. I know its not according to your rules but i'll post my progress if you wish. Sounds like good motivation.:laugh:
For sure man, keep us posted. I'd like to know how it goes. I'll post a link in a few minutes to a guy who did an 88lbs pull-up challenge. You may be able to pull some rules/methods or what not to tailor to you. Best of luck.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Fit into your schedule? How so/what's your training?
I'm doing a 2 days on 1 day off routine right now... i dont know about others but on my days off i dont have access to a bar to do pullups, so i will eventually drop off b/c of making up for the previous day

brugalou

brugalou

Awards
  • Established
I'm soo in and I have a pull up bar right in my door way

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i don't know if i have the balls to do this. working out 5x per week would mean i'd take the weekends off, and have to make up all of them on monday! argh! i wonder if i could plow through them on weekends or not.

screw it, i'm in. gotta make the most out of this cycle anyways. this is gonna blow in PCT though :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just remember everyone...

It doesn't have to be fun to be fun!

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Im in it to win it, my rommates are all NROTC and they dont believe I'll be able to finish it. My one guy said that 'if doing pull ups were that easy I would be able to do 100.' As he sat there and ate Burger King.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
if you can do 10 reps with 100lbs strap to your waist make a video of that, then I'll believe you! :thumbsup:
"can currently do a 50 pound plate(yes I have a home gym lol) for 8 repsx3 sets I think in 100 days I could at LEAST get 100 for 1-4 reps..I used to do 2 50 pounders for 4 reps before I got married, so i hope muscle memory can help me transition easily back into heavy lifting again'

lol you can see what my max was , I never hit 10 reps @ 100 pounds..but I am willing to try. I'll keep you all posted on reps/weight per back workout. :bandit: It can be done!

pistolgripump

pistolgripump

Awards
man i'm new to this site but this looks awesome. I'm so in

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im in it to win it, my rommates are all NROTC and they dont believe I'll be able to finish it. My one guy said that 'if doing pull ups were that easy I would be able to do 100.' As he sat there and ate Burger King.
Burger Snatch

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
"can currently do a 50 pound plate(yes I have a home gym lol) for 8 repsx3 sets I think in 100 days I could at LEAST get 100 for 1-4 reps..I used to do 2 50 pounders for 4 reps before I got married, so i hope muscle memory can help me transition easily back into heavy lifting again'

lol you can see what my max was , I never hit 10 reps @ 100 pounds..but I am willing to try. I'll keep you all posted on reps/weight per back workout. :bandit: It can be done!
I posted me response before i saw that post... i think you'll reach that target w/o any problems... for me i dont know about adding any weight but for sure i'll go eclipsing my personal best

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think it was thesinner who was posting dips with 90lbs added. not quite the same as pullups, but it makes me wonder what he does pullups with :D

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
in! i need to improve on my pull ups anyway! I'd quite like to be able to do wide grip pull ups for like 20 reps. But i'm just rubbish.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
I posted me response before i saw that post... i think you'll reach that target w/o any problems... for me i dont know about adding any weight but for sure i'll go eclipsing my personal best
Ohh buddy.. you would like it. When I started to add weight to pull ups my lats grew like a mofo.Its fun to do variations on hand placement and alternating chins as well. :ninja:

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I am in......Rangers all the way, hoah.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
wow this is very interesting im not going to join wont fit in with my routine but definately an exciting way to test yourself to see if you can make it! best of luck to everyone!! and if he can do 100lbs around his waist i wanna see that so make a video bud

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i think it was thesinner who was posting dips with 90lbs added. not quite the same as pullups, but it makes me wonder what he does pullups with :D
Yeah, I've seen a guy in the gym at my base you was spec ops and could dip with 3 to 4 plates and pull-up 2-3. The man was beastly.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am in......Rangers all the way, hoah.
You know, those of us in the Navy/Marine Corps make fun of you guys for that line right?? :stick:

Oh, and I got mine in for today. It's not back day so I won't do many, but since I've got a bar in my office I will do some more. I do them every day.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
wow this is very interesting im not going to join wont fit in with my routine but definately an exciting way to test yourself to see if you can make it! best of luck to everyone!! and if he can do 100lbs around his waist i wanna see that so make a video bud
If I get there I will ...but it will be a cell phone vid or equal lol. As for dips I used to do 2 platesx12(100 pounds)at a BW of 235..its just not one of my staples anymore.:smoker: Here is a guy doing 135 pound dips [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTbz20987dw"]YouTube - 10 PERFECT weighted dips 135 lbs.[/ame] Thought you dippers might enjoy it.:laugh:

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9DTlnfs68"]YouTube - Weighted Pull-ups 90lbs.x6[/ame]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB85Xrg7di0"]YouTube - Ninja Warrior - Weighted Pull-Ups #2 of 3 = 135 Extra Pounds!!![/nomedia]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79UTZC4rBnM"]YouTube - Weighted Chins - me + 145[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB6qXWWgmBA"]YouTube - 139 Consecutive Pull-ups (Unofficial World Record?)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NU_EhOp8E4"]YouTube - 386 lb Pull-up for 1 rep (BW(200lbs) + 186 lbs)[/ame]

In the name of motivation.hehe.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I just re-read the rules, I thought the ultimate goal /challenge is to do a 100 pull ups on the 100th day without resting. I know it seems crazy, but I thought that would be more of a challenge than spreading it out throught out the day. I mean, I am sure any of you guys can do a 100 pull ups right now if you spread it out throughout the day. Not trying to stir up anything, just making sure I have a firm grasp on the challenge. What if I arrive at the 100 before the 100th day, or it does not matter?

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i'm in....luckily i'm starting on the first day.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ohh buddy.. you would like it. When I started to add weight to pull ups my lats grew like a mofo.Its fun to do variations on hand placement and alternating chins as well. :ninja:
I'll have to take you up on this... its been a while i did them often but today i got my first 10 in (a little extra credit)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just re-read the rules, I thought the ultimate goal /challenge is to do a 100 pull ups on the 100th day without resting. I know it seems crazy, but I thought that would be more of a challenge than spreading it out throught out the day. I mean, I am sure any of you guys can do a 100 pull ups right now if you spread it out throughout the day. Not trying to stir up anything, just making sure I have a firm grasp on the challenge. What if I arrive at the 100 before the 100th day, or it does not matter?
The goal isn't to be able to do 100 consecutive pull-ups. If you can do them consecutive then that's bad ass. I just wanted to make a fun routine to get stronger on pull-ups. I know I can do 100 in sets, but remember towards the end you will be doing a good number of pull ups each day, i.e. in the last 3 days alone you will do 294 pull-ups. Most of us don't do that many in such a short time span. After 100 days you would have done 5050 pull-ups. I'll be switching up grips, styles, and how I number my sets etc. though out. I of course will make it my goal to be able to do all I can consecutively when this is done.

What do you mean if you arrive at 100 before the 100th day. I'll hit 100 in one day before the 100th day because this is on top of my normal routine.

I can post a much harder pull-up challenge if you'd like. I've got one saved. :09:

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
My goal is to do as many as I can consecutive. You right though, that last week is going to be a bitch.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That vid above with the 139 consecutive pull-ups....I don't really believe it.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I was going to say the same thing... looks like the video is edit and running in a loop 139 times... he doesn't look like he can do that many!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My goal is to do as many as I can consecutive. You right though, that last week is going to be a bitch.
So, are you going to try to do the most consecutive every time or just follow the program and then on day 100 try to do as many consecutive?

I'm going to follow the program until day 100 then give my back a good 3-5 days of rest, then I'll hit up my max rep for pull-ups.