SUNCLOUD'S workout log with assorted goodies

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
okay, here's the workout log, which starts tomorrow. this log will be run through any supplement logs, cycle info, etc - everything in one place. today, i'm not sure if i'll hit the gym - still down to one car and my son is at the doctors (again, checking on his cast), so i may hit a time constraint. we'll see.

monday's workout is a total body designed to boost GH levels, as well as improve overall functional strength. i'm not looking to move a whole lot of weights on monday, focusing on speed of the workout, again, boosting GH levels.

monday
total body
light weight (speed) 3x10

squats (overhead)
bench (DB)
pullups (wide)
clean and press (KB)
suitcase deadlift + shrug
floor wipers

tuesday-friday, i am trying a bastardized version of DC, which thundergod pioneered. i don't know how much of this i got right, much less volume. these days i will do a rest/pause for the first 3 movements trying to stay within the 12-15 rep range, then a "back off" where i lower the weights and try for 20-25 reps. based on recovery, i may do more rest/pause sets with the other exercises. right now, we'll see how this goes :)

tuesday
back/bi's/rear delts
rest/pause, back off

chins (wide, weighted)
deads
face pulls
barbell rows
machine curls
shrugs
rear lateral raises

wednesday
legs/abs/forearms
rest/pause, back off

squats (ATG)
cable crunches
SLDL
leg extension
forearm curls
decline crunches
calf raises

thursday
chest/tri's/front and side delts
rest/pause, back off

bench
dips (tricep, weighted)
upright rows
incline bench
CG bench
military press
reverse grip triceps
cable crossovers

friday
abs/forearms/cardio
rest/pause, back off

cable crunches
pinwheel curls
decline crunches (weighted)
forearm curls
cardio (bike)
anything that doesn't hurt....

supplements for now include just the basics - weight gainer shake, protein, multi vite, x-dreams. that's pretty simple. in the next week or two, i should be getting in the NOS-FX from AX which i will be an alpha tester for. following that, i will jump into a pslin/tren run for 6 weeks if everything goes as planned. everything will be updated in this log for simplicities sake, and to keep better track of my progress. i'm a creatine non responder, which is why its not in my basic supplements.

thanks to everyone (GMG, TG, Hman) for help in tweaking this workout!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
im in brutha!..fo sho!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks bobby! i'm aiming for weekly pics just for gits and shiggles. should be the most accurate way to track any physical progress.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
thanks bobby! i'm aiming for weekly pics just for gits and shiggles. should be the most accurate way to track any physical progress.
thats a great:cool3: idea sunny!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I'm here for mah homie!

Tear it up SC!

Hey, if you want a shoulder program that has worked great for me, I'd be down to help ya out... I know that is something you said you wanted to work on.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
they just never seem to feel it. hopefully with the split that hman came up with, i'll notice a difference. i'll find out real quick!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
oh, i will. i've already got my PCT in the house, so barring something disastrous this should be a great run! support for dienedrone will include flax/fish oil, milk thistle, 5-htp, celery seed extract, poliscolin (SP?). PCT will have a GH booster, clomid, incarnate and that's about it. i've run this compound before, and i know that's all i need. really looking forward to it. i'm honestly hoping this NOS-FX will work really well and they'll let me buy a jug before its released (though i'm not crossing my fingers on it). thanks for the support royd.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. And sounds good brutha. Pour your heart and soul into that training routine and it won't let down! :bb3:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks TG! always good to have friends on board!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear. I did not realize this was a cycle as well. What do you plan to dose it at? How long?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear. I did not realize this was a cycle as well. What do you plan to dose it at? How long?
it will be after the AX sponsored thing, but will be 100mg for 6 weeks - the limit IMO for dienedrone. weeks 7+ and over 100mg have more sides than benefits from the knowledge i've gathered.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it will be after the AX sponsored thing, but will be 100mg for 6 weeks - the limit IMO for dienedrone. weeks 7+ and over 100mg have more sides than benefits from the knowledge i've gathered.
I'd agree for the most part. We have a big guy (260lbs) running 200mg/day over at bb'ing.com. He is loving it and having zero sides deep into the cycle. But he's quite a bit bigger then the average user.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I'd agree for the most part. We have a big guy (260lbs) running 200mg/day over at bb'ing.com. He is loving it and having zero sides deep into the cycle. But he's quite a bit bigger then the average user.
good god! 260 is indeed a beast!

i've run 90mg before and had incredible gains with no sides. 100mg should be just a little better :)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good god! 260 is indeed a beast!

i've run 90mg before and had incredible gains with no sides. 100mg should be just a little better :)
Don't be afraid to experiment a little. Maybe up it to around 120 or 150, see if any sides pop up. You never know until you go!!! :angryfire:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
wednesday - legs

thundergod, this workout is the devil.

squats (ATG) 185 lbs 8/5/2 - fail on rep 3 - had the bars in place, so no biggie. tweaked something mid-back right side of my spine - which is weird given the exercise.
back off 135x18 felt like i was going to die. rep 15 i had to catch my breath to continue - 18 reps was the end of my energy.
SLDL 165 lbs 9/5/3. back off 95x18 - my brother timber, i don't know how you do this with the weights you use.
leg extensions 150 9/6/3 - fail on rep 4. back off 105x16

right about here, i felt like i was going to die. just wanted to leave the gym, and screw the rest of it. good god!

cable crunches 130x11, back off 100x17
decline crunches 25lbsx20
calf raises 115x16, back off 90x22 (dunno what the machine contraption weighs)

back tweak didn't bother me through the rest of the workout. i can still feel it, but its obviously nothing serious. got home, and realized there was 9 steps down to my condo, when i thought there were 8. methinks the evil gods have placed an extra step just to increase the agony! i almost did the baptist minister "praise jesus!" when i cleared the last step.

i've never been so beaten down on leg day. thanks for the critique for the workout all of you guys! this will produce wicked gains!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
sick w/o and sick intensity bro!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Timber does RDL homie. Way different.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
i thought he did SLDL as well. :arg: man my memory sucks :sad6:
I guess Timber is the one who should speak for himself. I know when we worked out together we were doing RDL.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
man, it hurts to get out of a chair! tomorrow DOMS will have fully set in.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
hey sunny!..i got the cup!..thanks brutha!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
man, it hurts to get out of a chair! tomorrow DOMS will have fully set in.
I'm in the same longboat with you brutha!! After all those rest-pauses, drop sets, triple drop sets, and pre-exhaust sets from my workout, I'm going to have major fukkin DOMS tomorrow!! I already have some early soreness going on!!
You know what they say, "No pain, no gain!" :aargh::headache::yell:
And that's the truth!!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same longboat with you brutha!! After all those rest-pauses, drop sets, triple drop sets, and pre-exhaust sets from my workout, I'm going to have major fukkin DOMS tomorrow!! I already have some early soreness going on!!
You know what they say, "No pain, no gain!" :aargh::headache::yell:
And that's the truth!!
with this much DOMS i will get a wicked cycle out of the dienedrone!

legs are pretty torn up, vague abdominal pain, but nowhere near as bad as my legs. spent about an hour in the hot-tub last night, so i'm in better shape that expected :) they still hurt though. :firedevil:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Thursday :
'
Son of Odin, i have a question : how long do you wait from rest/pause to your back off set? been doing 1 minute in between right now, and i'm not pulling the splits that you are. for example, your back off set is roughly 75% of your R/P set and you're pulling off 18+ reps which i just don't seem to be doing.

anyways, on to the workout.

bench 185lbs 8/5/3 - back off 135x16
tricep dips BW + 80lbs 6/3/2 - back off BW + 35x14
upright rows (smith) 115lbs 7/4/2 - back off 75x13
incline bench 135x14
CG bench 135x8 - i hate this movement - more later
military press 135x9 (WTF? lame. i assume the upright row set took all my energy)
revere grip tricep pushdown 90x15
cable crossovers 55x14 - failure on rep 15

that's the damage. here's my question for everyone. close grip bench has always been my arch enemy. i started doing them for my ill-fated LMG/havoc pulse, and since starting them, i get a clicking coming from my shoulder. it feels like a tendon is moving across the joint, much like popping your knuckles. this would be OK if it was on my first rep only - its coming in every other rep - sometimes 7 to 8 times per set this will happen in EACH shoulder. should i sub this movement out, or is there some supplement i can take for this?

extreme stretches after the workout. god they hurt!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
looking good sunny!..about the close grip's..try to place your elbows in various angles,like a little down towards your lats,or a little higher towards your delts,try to see what angle may be best for the clicking's to stop.i dont want to say to sub it out because it is a good excercise.unless it gets bad,then by all means sub-it!:fing02:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
looking good sunny!..about the close grip's..try to place your elbows in various angles,like a little down towards your lats,or a little higher towards your delts,try to see what angle may be best for the clicking's to stop.i dont want to say to sub it out because it is a good excercise.unless it gets bad,then by all means sub-it!:fing02:
thanks for the feedback. yeah, its one of the few compound tricep moves and i'd hate to sub it, but i felt like i was going to drop the weights today, which would have really sucked. i bring my arms down till my elbows hit the side of my rib cage. the "click" happens when i raise it about 2 inches off my chest - the usual sticking point if you're using too much weight. so when it clicks its almost a struggle to keep pushing the weight up.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the feedback. yeah, its one of the few compound tricep moves and i'd hate to sub it, but i felt like i was going to drop the weights today, which would have really sucked. i bring my arms down till my elbows hit the side of my rib cage. the "click" happens when i raise it about 2 inches off my chest - the usual sticking point if you're using too much weight. so when it clicks its almost a struggle to keep pushing the weight up.
it sounds like your ball joint in your shoulders is becoming a folcrum pt. when the weights are 2 inches above your chest (could be taking a beating)..if it helps go to 3 inches...you need them shoulders for your shoulder w/o!..

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I know you are keeping your elbows in because it's supposed to focus on your triceps, but try letting your elbows wing out a little. You'll catch a bit more pec in the exercise, but it might take some of the stress off your shoulder, as it should take some pressure of the front delt and put it on the chest and slightly on the medial delt.... I think. :lol:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
it sounds like your ball joint in your shoulders is becoming a folcrum pt. when the weights are 2 inches above your chest (could be taking a beating)..if it helps go to 3 inches...you need them shoulders for your shoulder w/o!..
alright. thanks bobby, will give this a shot next week! man, CG bench has been ticking me off since i started doing them. at least with the LMG/havoc pulse, i knew i had the "backup" to keep pushing the weight up. now its really a struggle. this may explain why military press was so frikken hard today! might switch the order around a bit.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Your sig is hilariously horrible Sunny.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I know you are keeping your elbows in because it's supposed to focus on your triceps, but try letting your elbows wing out a little. You'll catch a bit more pec in the exercise, but it might take some of the stress off your shoulder, as it should take some pressure of the front delt and put it on the chest and slightly on the medial delt.... I think. :lol:
good one g!..:fing02:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks! another thing to try. maybe on friday i'll do them both with light weights and see which one feels better!

Your sig is hilariously horrible Sunny.
lol. it was the worst one i could think of :)

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
alright. thanks bobby, will give this a shot next week! man, CG bench has been ticking me off since i started doing them. at least with the LMG/havoc pulse, i knew i had the "backup" to keep pushing the weight up. now its really a struggle. this may explain why military press was so frikken hard today! might switch the order around a bit.
i know what your talking about sunny!..when i got off of the drone,about 3-weeks down the road.i would take the bar off the bench and daaaammm!..the weights felt heavier!..LOL..

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i know what your talking about sunny!..when i got off of the drone,about 3-weeks down the road.i would take the bar off the bench and daaaammm!..the weights felt heavier!..LOL..
drone will be a staple in all future cycles for me. the strength gains are unreal, and i keep most of them till i overtrain and take my week off - whether that's 1 month or 3 months down the road.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
drone is good!..but i have upped the lbs. on my bench and i think it hits me mentally a little bit,to know that im not on anything.you know what i mean?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
drone is good!..but i have upped the lbs. on my bench and i think it hits me mentally a little bit,to know that im not on anything.you know what i mean?
yeah, i know exactly what you mean brotha.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i know exactly what you mean brotha.
Ain't it a biatch? I know it is all upstairs, but man there is something to be said about the placebo effect.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Ain't it a biatch? I know it is all upstairs, but man there is something to be said about the placebo effect.
yes there is. and maintaining the strength gains in PCT is a hard battle! that's the most fun thing IMO is that subtle war with your inside voice saying "yes i can"!!!

just received good news : my NOS-FX from AX should be arriving very soon, so hopefully i can test this out on monday. crossing my fingers :)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im sub'd Sunny!, sorry Im late man, Its just my stlye:), no its not lol, Looking foward to your dienedrone run also.. These guys helped make one great looking W/O routine!. Tear this shiit up man!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
friday morning update. legs are still toast. 2nd day DOMS was worse than "next day doms". chest is sore, not as bad as my legs. shoulders/tri's are just a little sore - raising my elbows to shoulder height, i can feel my delts tightening up. cardio today should be interesting :)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thursday :
'
Son of Odin, i have a question : how long do you wait from rest/pause to your back off set? been doing 1 minute in between right now, and i'm not pulling the splits that you are. for example, your back off set is roughly 75% of your R/P set and you're pulling off 18+ reps which i just don't seem to be doing.

here's my question for everyone. close grip bench has always been my arch enemy. i started doing them for my ill-fated LMG/havoc pulse, and since starting them, i get a clicking coming from my shoulder. it feels like a tendon is moving across the joint, much like popping your knuckles. this would be OK if it was on my first rep only - its coming in every other rep - sometimes 7 to 8 times per set this will happen in EACH shoulder. should i sub this movement out, or is there some supplement i can take for this?

extreme stretches after the workout. god they hurt!
Son of Odin here!!
I wait at least 1 minute after my rest-pause set before hitting the back off set. So you're spot on with that one!
Now for the shoulder issues on the close-grip benches: You might try some cissus to help out with the pain. I don't think anything will help with the "clicking" however. I say widen your grip somewhat. I can't do them with my hands too close together. It doesn't feel right and actually hurts my wrists. So my grip is only a little narrower than shoulder width.
You might try and do them on a slightly declined bench. I may even try that next Wednesday myself.
Also brutha, are you using a straight bar or a cambered (EZ) bar??! The EZ bar feels much better to me!!!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Son of Odin here!!
I wait at least 1 minute after my rest-pause set before hitting the back off set. So you're spot on with that one!
Now for the shoulder issues on the close-grip benches: You might try some cissus to help out with the pain. I don't think anything will help with the "clicking" however. I say widen your grip somewhat. I can't do them with my hands too close together. It doesn't feel right and actually hurts my wrists. So my grip is only a little narrower than shoulder width.
You might try and do them on a slightly declined bench. I may even try that next Wednesday myself.
Also brutha, are you using a straight bar or a cambered (EZ) bar??! The EZ bar feels much better to me!!!
I have heard not to do EZbar CG bench... not sure why, but I have heard it is bad for a part of the body.