100x8
100x8

Calf extension
200x10
300x10
300x10
240x10
240x10

Felt like ****, back was a little sore. 2nd leg workout since starting up after disc injury in February. Added 50lbs to squat 5x5 since last workout. Will proceed to add more weight each week until comfortable. Ended at about 375 for 5x5 before injury. 100 lbs to get back there. Squatted in the Vibram Five Fingers shoes. Felt nice. Easier to determine where weight is being distributed. I am having problems keeping the weight off the front of my feet.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Keep your toes off of the ground, that will help push the weight onto your heel. Also depending on how your set up is you could probably open your feet up a bit if they are straight.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I open them up; it helps. I'm just missing my old form. It will come back. I'll try the toes thing.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
well duh ur a pussy dude....just playin...lol:toofunny:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
that's why were going to be tracking my depussification

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Nice to hear some feedback on the shoes.

You may want to try a lower bar position to let you move more weight, and I find keeping my hands inside the power rings and elbows pulling down helps a lot. You might also try some higher-rep "back off sets" at the end instead of ham curl/quad extension...

Good mornings and RDLs = good too...

EDIT: Oh, yeah, IMO 15 with the bar is a waste of energy.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah...this is THE solution to being able to stay on your heels, trust me...

[ame="http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=vxr9-IB0Rr4"]YouTube - The FitCast- Ankle Mobility w/ Bill Hartman[/ame]

Do it ED for a while then before workouts until you are where you want to be with your squats.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
rugger u know i call u a pussy with the utmost love and respect right?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I do; but I call myself a pussy because I am one.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Day: 10/7
Time: 2300-0015
Weight: 200 on the dot

60* Incline DB
75x8
85x8
85x8
85x8

Hammer Iso Incline Press, weight each side
80x8
80x8
80x8

Decline cable press
90x8
70x8
70x8

Pec-Deck
120x8
150x8
150x8
150x8

Wide Dips-Straight Bar Pushdown Superset
BWx8 60x8
BWx8 60x8
BWx8 60x10

Nice pump tonight. Starting to enjoy working out late a little more. It's nice not having to weave around people and wait for equipment. Couple hotties like to work out late also so that's always nice. No other comments really. Vascularity was still up from the carb load this past weekend. Weight drop is still happening. Can't wait to begin bulking, though. Will be taking tomorrow off.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day: 10/7
Time: 2300-0015
Weight: 200 on the dot

60* Incline DB
75x8
85x8
85x8
85x8

Hammer Iso Incline Press, weight each side
80x8
80x8
80x8

Decline cable press
90x8
70x8
70x8

Pec-Deck
150x8
150x8
150x8
150x8

Wide Dips-Straight Bar Pushdown Superset
BWx8 60x8
BWx8 60x8
BWx8 60x10

Nice pump tonight. Starting to enjoy working out late a little more. It's nice not having to weave around people and wait for equipment. Couple hotties like to work out late also so that's always nice. No other comments really. Vascularity was still up from the carb load this past weekend. Weight drop is still happening. Can't wait to begin bulking, though.
You VAGINA!!! :D

Adams

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Day: 10/9
Time: 1250-1415
Weight: 200.5

Wide-Pronated Pull Ups
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

Pronated BB Row
175x8
175x8
205x8

Supinated-Close Grip Pulldown
#12x8
#12x8
#12x8

Neutral-Shoulder Width Pulldown
#12x8
#13x8
#13x8

Hammer Strength Pull Down, weighted each side
90x8
90x8
90x8

Neutral-Narrow Grip Seated Row
#14x8
#14x8
#14x8

Rope Face Pull
#8x8
#8x8
#8x8

60* Incline DB Curl
35x16
35x16
30x16

Hammer Rope Curl
#9x8
#9x8
#9x8

Good workout, good pump. Lots of douchebags in the gym today. Most noticeably one guy wearing a skull cap rocking a terribly hunched over back from only going chest and never ever working out the back. Best part was his grunting. You would have thought he was giving birth. He had legs so skinny that he might rival a supermodel.

Hardly any DOMS from this weeks squat day. Much better than last week when I couldn't walk. Shoulders and traps tomorrow. Should be a good time.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Day: 10/13
Time: 2030-2130
Weight: 199

Squat ATG
135x8
225x8
225x8
225x8

Ham Curl
130x10
130x10
130x10

Quad extension
160x8
160x8
160x8

Treadmill
10 minute walk
speed- 3.0
incline- 5.0

8 minute jog
speed- 5.0
incline 1.0

Was gonna jog for 15 minutes but I had to get off. I felt like I was going to pass out. Had to be the leg workout before as during rugby matches I run a **** load and am fine. Gonna start doing crossfit in the mornings 2 or 3 times a week.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I haven't worked out since Monday. Kinda feel like a ***** but I've been swamped with school work and burdened with a paper on Rawlsian theory. Problem was that I hadn't done any of the reading and I knew nothing about Rawlsian theory. Had to spend the week catching up and then an all day writing session yesterday. Still a bit swamped with another fairly large paper due Monday, but I may get in some lifting sessions either today, tomorrow or Sunday.

Up early today for the first time in a long time; 0445 to be exact. I am going to keep my run times to myself because they're embarrassing (to me) :toofunny: but my workout this morning looked like this:

Date: 10/17
Time: 0540-0610

Stretch
1 mile run
Superset of [25 pushup, 25 4-count flutterkicks, 25 air squats complete with arm raise] x 4
1 mile run

Comments: It was interesting that my second mile run was only 21 seconds slower than my first. It felt like I was going to be 2 minutes over. It's safe to say that my muscular and cardiovascular endurance are in the shitter; cardiovascular recovery is pretty quick, however. Looking forward to more progress and working my way up to some big distance. Got practice tonight and a match tomorrow; should be a good time. Not sure if I'll make it to lift today. I'm sure I'll be pretty daggon tired later today.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Yeah from your workouts, it really looks like your a pussy......not

whats your age by chance?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Was busy over the weekend with a combination of Rugby, heavy drinking, assignments and baseball. Therefore didn't get any workouts in aside from a match on Saturday. Slept through my alarm yesterday, too, so no workout there either. However, I did get out this morning. ****inballs cold!

1 mile run
(200m sprint/200m walk) x 4
1 mile walk

Was planning on doing my calisthenics this evening but didn't get around to it with class and homework. Kinda upset with myself, oh well. Got a 4 mile ruck in the morning. Not sure what weight I'll be packing. I can't seem to find my weights so I might have to create something. I also need to actually get to the gym sometime soon. I'm going through withdrawal.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Skipped the ruck this morning because it was raining and I couldn't find **** to weigh my pack down. I'm not that 'core' yet anyways.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd say your a pussy b/c of all the running. What exactly is your goal here? To become a better rugger? Or what?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
This log is officially over. I really ****ed up my MCL yesterday in a match. The combination of adrenaline during the match and drugs/alcohol after the match masked the pain. I woke up this morning and was in a good amount of pain. I'm fairly certain it's just a severe strain. Will probably get an MRI just to be certain. I'll definitely be out for a while, though.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
This log is officially over. I really ****ed up my MCL yesterday in a match. The combination of adrenaline during the match and drugs/alcohol after the match masked the pain. I woke up this morning and was in a good amount of pain. I'm fairly certain it's just a severe strain. Will probably get an MRI just to be certain. I'll definitely be out for a while, though.

sorry to hear that man.

Good luck.