Post your results if you've actually finished the Velocity Diet

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.45%

Post your results if you've actually finished the Velocity Diet

I have been researching the velocity diet.
    When using the search function i find lots of threads but it doesnt seem that many people actually finish the diet, which does make sense considering the strictness of the diet. I think it would benefit everyone interested in the diet to have one consolidated thread of people's results on the diet of those who have actually went all 28 days on the diet.

Some useful info would be:
    Weight before and after the diet.
    Waist decrease from the diet.
    Was muscle mass and strength affected from it and the severity of it.
    Was there a significant rebound in weight?
    Did it actually help control cravings after the diet was done?
    What kind of protein powder and supplements were used on the diet?
    And anything else that would be useful to one researching the diet... training, and any other tips or pointers you might have about the diet.

Thanks, I think this would be useful to everyone.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43%

Go to tnation and read the velocity diet forum..Loads of people have done it with great success..
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.97%

I don't see the big deal. It seems like you take MRP's all day and eat a lot more fiber.... Chicken Breast and Tuna strict diets with less carbs and some fiber, from the outside looking in, looks like a surer bet.

It seems that you get the same amount of protein, carbs, and fats in the velocity diet, just not from solid foods. Yet you are getting more sugar too do to the MRP's, and they aren't as nutritional either.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.75%

Quote Originally Posted by BifWebster View Post
    Some useful info would be:
    Weight before and after the diet.
    Waist decrease from the diet.
    Was muscle mass and strength affected from it and the severity of it.
    And anything else that would be useful to one researching the diet... training, and any other tips or pointers you might have about the diet.

Thanks, I think this would be useful to everyone.
    I did it three years ago...I don't remember my starting and ending weight (I'll have to look for my training notebook from back then), but I recall losing 18 pounds, 15 of which I kept off. I don't think I lost much muscle; my lifts didn't drop. For me, it certainly didn't help with cravings. I used Metabolic Drive (or Low-Carb Grow! as it was known), HOT-ROX, and flax meal.

As far as advice, the first few days are easy: weight flies off (water and glycogen), and you feel pretty good. After that, it gets hard for a few days: you're mentally foggy and you start to get hunger pangs. If you can push through that, you should be fine.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.06%

Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    I don't see the big deal. It seems like you take MRP's all day and eat a lot more fiber.... Chicken Breast and Tuna strict diets with less carbs and some fiber, from the outside looking in, looks like a surer bet.
    You need to read the diet before giving advice on what it "seems like." It does not use MRP's. It uses near-zero-carb protein shakes. MRP, as a trade term, always has a large amount of carbs -- such as MetRX.

The rationale for the protein shakes (which always have slow-digesting casein) is that it is easier to avoid temptation if you have easy-to-prepare meals of exact nutritional quantities. Also, the liquid diet is supposed to resensitize you to healthy solid food.

I haven't used the diet, but it is amazing how often it is misconstrued. It is has very specific meals; that is the whole point.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.97%

Quote Originally Posted by chim_chim View Post
    You need to read the diet before giving advice on what it "seems like." It does not use MRP's. It uses near-zero-carb protein shakes. MRP, as a trade term, always has a large amount of carbs -- such as MetRX.

The rationale for the protein shakes (which always have slow-digesting casein) is that it is easier to avoid temptation if you have easy-to-prepare meals of exact nutritional quantities. Also, the liquid diet is supposed to resensitize you to healthy solid food.

I haven't used the diet, but it is amazing how often it is misconstrued. It is has very specific meals; that is the whole point.
    Not so much advice as it was an opinion. I just don't see the point of trying to work something out to a healthy diet, when you can have one right in font of you with solids.

To each his own however, but as of now I just don't agree with it.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.17%

I love the T-Nation website because they have some great info, but I'm skeptical about the Velocity Diet. Is an all protein supp diet necessary, or is Biotest just trying to sell boatloads of product? Casein may be digested slowly, but you know what else is? Chicken+broccoli, egg whites+spinach, lean beef+green beans, etc.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.4%

Weight before and after the diet?
    After first run of very V-diet being very strict I dropped about 14 lbs. Starting weight 217. Weight after: 203 lbs.

I did a less strict run for a couple weeks & dropped a few more.

Waist decrease from the diet?
    I don't have the exact measurement in front of me, tho I did take it. I did go from a size 38 jeans to 34's tho. Most noticeable loss was in my face & neck.

Was muscle mass and strength affected from it and the severity of it?
    During the diet my strength wasn't so good...tossed that up to lack of carbs/energy. Purple Wraath & different fat burners helped get thru the workouts.

I did test my strength on the big lifts after upping cals/carbs post V-diet & I still hit the same weights as before...but a few less reps. I'm confident from measurements, the mirror & strength tests that I lost minimal muscle.

Zero rebound for me. I've continued to drop by eating clean, working hard in the gym & doing lots of bike riding. I'm now 188 as of this AM & the scale was bouncing back & forth between 187 & 188. I'm shooting for low 180's.

This was a more significant benefit than the fat loss for me. The V-Diet gave me a nice boost & jumpstart in fat loss, but getting the cravings under control & proving to myself I had the self-control to go 28+ days w/o cheating was a huge benefit.

I wasn't eating terrible before, but needed to clean up my diet. I still like sweets, but I don't pig out on them. I have a new appreciation for veggies & there's pretty much no vegetable I don't like now. Seriously...after doing the V-Diet I'll eat pretty much any veggie & I like it.

First off...you absolutely want to use a blend of Whey/Casein or Whey/Casein/Egg. Whey alone won't get you far.

I tried it w/ AllTheWhey's casein & whey which worked fine, but mixing them together got to be a pain. It worked out well for me, kept me full & tasted great.

I switched to True Protein.com's Team Skip which was much more convenient since it is a mix of whey/casein/egg. Having just one tub & ordering different flavors made it easier.

I also used:
    Purple Wraath pre-workout
    AllTheWhey Creatine mono
    Man Scorch, then Recreate
    AllTheWhey or Vitamin Shoppe Multi-Vitamin
    Spring Valley Fish Oil pills
    Fiber Tablets
    NOW Golden Flax Meal

The V-Diet is not & should not be used as a replacement to a healthy balanced diet. Learn about eating clean & working out because you'll need that knowledge to continue with a healthy lifestyle. The V-Diet can however give you a jumpstart & the confidence/motivation & self control you need to continue to your goal...use it in that way.

I tried the advanced V-Diet workout written by Chad Waterbury (posted at T-Nation). I modified it a bit, but overall I really liked it & it got my sweating like craaaaaazy. I found full body circuit type routines worked better for me on the V-Diet.

Get out there & do your walks as suggested in the V-Diet routine.

Lastly, push thru for all 28 days & the transition phase...some give in...but it's a nice mental challenge as well as physical.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Post Your Bulking Diet and Results
    By gus.medrano in forum Bulking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 02:21 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 02:09 PM
  4. Velocity Diet
    By bigironkiller in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4