not losing weight on fatloss, routine inside.

justing

Awards
well, I may have a problem with my fatloss. The thing is i havnt loss any weight yet, been doing this for about 2 1/2weeks. I've been using HST training x3, cardio am x2 (30-35min fasted) and 1 cardio on weekend mixing it up-fasted, hit, slow incline(10)... Im 6ft, 170,ecto. goal is to cut down to 10%, currently 13-14%. MY supps are L. reloaded, dcp, neovar and igf-2.

normally, i would say cut the cals or carbs to lose weight, but i feel myself getting stronger. If im gaining muscle and losing fat, i dont want to change that. However, is it possible im busting my ass and getting nowhere? i just dont know.

my diet is clean. meal 1- 1/2cup oats, fruit, eggs, p. powder- around 500 cals,
meal2- 1cup oats, chicken. both of these meals have 50ish carbs per neovar instructions.
meal3- chicken(single breast) vegs.
meal4- p.power, ff calorie control milk(3gs sugar), almonds.
meal5- spinach leaves, olive oil(tbsp),tuna. little bit vegs.
meal6- 1cup cottage cheese, p. power, 1tsp peanut butter(natty)
meals do change somewhat, but thats a basic day. i dont always get all 6 meals in, probably on days i drink my post wrkout drink i get full.-3/4 cup oats, blueberrys, cranberry, bit of dextrose and p.power.

anyway, WTF am i doing wrong, or am i doing something really good. to early to see changes in mirror, some days look like progress others dont. maybe water weight holding. Thanks for any insight.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
maybe you've put on muscle, are you keeping track of your body fat percentage? I feel bad for people who see the numbers on a scale not change dramatically and they give up discouraged, when they could have just been getting more muscular and losing fat.

justing

Awards
i am not keeping track of my bf%. I dont know of a scale that works for bf and i suck at the calipers. i mostly try to gauge by the mirror. I am wondering if holding more water weight because of the creatine, or maybe igf-2.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
If you have a digital camera, use it to track your progress. Personally, when I look in the mirror I don't notice much of a change from day to day. This can get frustrating b/c I swear I'm not making any progress. But if I look at a picture of myself from a month ago, I can really see the change. It definately helps me stay motivated.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im 6ft, 170,ecto. goal is to cut down to 10%, currently 13-14%.
Although I understand wanting to see 10%, at 170 and 6 foot you really ought to concentrate on adding some more muscle first. just doing the math if we go with 14% thats 146lbs of non-fat, so to reach 10% you'd have to get down to 162. unless you have a really tiny frame (6 1/4 inch wrists) thats too small for 6 foot.

That said, diet looks good, supplement choices look good as well. are you taking the IGF-2 later in the day? it works best if taken a distance away from carbs. only other thing I might suggest is doing an additional 15-20 min of cardio right after strength training, just at a moderate pace. that only will add another 150 or so calories burned, but should likely be all fat.

For getting an idea on progress truthfully if weights are going up then you are seeing progress in one direction. I use the mirror tons, and particularly keeping an eye on how vascularity changes in different areas.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
Although I understand wanting to see 10%, at 170 and 6 foot you really ought to concentrate on adding some more muscle first. just doing the math if we go with 14% thats 146lbs of non-fat, so to reach 10% you'd have to get down to 162. unless you have a really tiny frame (6 1/4 inch wrists) thats too small for 6 foot.

That said, diet looks good, supplement choices look good as well. are you taking the IGF-2 later in the day? it works best if taken a distance away from carbs. only other thing I might suggest is doing an additional 15-20 min of cardio right after strength training, just at a moderate pace. that only will add another 150 or so calories burned, but should likely be all fat.

For getting an idea on progress truthfully if weights are going up then you are seeing progress in one direction. I use the mirror tons, and particularly keeping an eye on how vascularity changes in different areas.

yea that

the scale is not an accurate way to measure fat loss, nor is two weeks long enough to see any real appreciable fat loss. if your strength is going up, and your weight on the scale is not changing then youre most likely putting on muscle and losing fat.

your diet is good, just keep at it and you'll see results.