Cut Cycle - Need Critique

Hockey Rulz

Hockey Rulz

Awards
Gained about 13 lbs over the winter from a heavy calorie intake (4500 - 5000), tried to keep it clean, but had some days where work was brutal and just had to eat. I am now back down to around 215 (almost within a week of dropping my calories to 3500), and have started cutting about 4 days ago.

I am a hard gainer (I think...) by nature, 6' 215lbs BF is around 11% right now. I'm scared that I am going to lose the rest of these gains, but I am not cut either. UGH!

(Just to clue you in when I started lifting at 23 (I'm 32 now) I weighed 155lbs and was 16% bf). I SLOWLY made these gains over the years.

Here is what I am doing:

No cardio in the AM, because in the past when I have done that I have dropped enormous amounts of size and weight. I'm really trying to avoid massive "mass" loss.

First AM: Super cissus (for labral tear in shoulder, and the 2 dessecated discs in my back) coffee, 6 oz grapefruit juice w/joint vibrance, 30 gms whey, 6 gms BCAA.

I'll pop a cap of "Tight" at this point.

Breakfast (1-1.5 hours later): 8-10 egg whites, small bowl (1 serving) of Uncle Sam cereal (2-3 oz skim milk) and a plain yogurt.

Meal 3 30 gms whey protein (in water as always), and a few ounces of carrots

Meal 4 (Lunch) 2 chicken breasts or 8-10 oz turkey with 4-8 oz of spinach/kidney/black eyed pea mix, or just plain broccoli

Meal 5 Can of tuna fish

Pre workout (about 45 mins before I lift/run) - Whey protein (30-40 gm) mixed with 1 serving of MCT fuel, Super Cissus (2 caps), 6 gms BCAA mixed in with Ergo Pharm NO, 5 gm L-arginine, 1 ALC, and 4 caps of Axis labs EE creatine. (I also take my fish oil then as well. I'll also have a small cup of coffee on my way to the gym to get the blood moving, and elevate my core temp.

I sweat like a BEAST no matter what, whether I'm cutting or bulking. You should see me playing golf in the summer time, I sweat like a wh*re in church.

Post workout - Whey protein (40-50 gm) + 40-50 gm (maltodextrin) all mixed in one shake.

Dinner - 6-8 oz of either Flank Steak, Chicken breast, turkey breast or Salmon/Tuna with 8-10 oz of frozen spinach (which I heat up in the microwave).

Before bed: 40 gm cassein protein, 3 zma fuel, 5 gm Arginine.

My workouts:

6 days a week:

Mon Chest/Quads/Calves
Tue Back/Abs
Wed Hamstrings
Thu Tris/Abs/Calves
Fri Shoulders/Bis
Sat Cardio/Abs
Sun Off - but the GF likes to hit the gym on the weekends so I'll probably just walk on an incline for 30 mins, and do a lot of stretching.

I run/bike for 10 mins prior to lifting (get my heart rate to about 70% of my target heart rate). I have a HRM which I find is KEY for all this crap.

Then lift so: sets are 3-4 of each excercise and I go 20, 15, 10, 5 with either a Drop set, x-rep, or rest pause on the 2nd to last set.

After lifting on 3 days of the week I will go back and do HIIT. Right now I'm really only at 3 intervals, trying to work it up, 4 next week, 5 the following.

The other 3 days I do 30 mins of just running and stay at about 140-150 BPM, which is about 75-80% of my MHR.

I change up my workouts every few weeks as far what lifts I do and the order.

Here are some my last numbers before going into the cut:

Bench 225 16x
FULL squat (scoliosis and all) 315
Wide grip pulldown 160 8x
Walking lunge 185 8x each leg.
Shoulder Press 135 10 x
Pull ups 8 x max (gained all that weight and it is even harder now to lift myself LOL)
T-Bar row 160 - 6x
Straight Leg DL - 275 6x
Barbell Curl 105 - 6x (NO SWINGING, clean proper form, so sick of seeing fools swinging back and forth with 120 on the bar, I just think of those poor discs in the back, ah some people will NEVER LEARN!)

Close grip press - 225 8x
Dips with 45 lbs - 16x

Funny thing is I really can lift heavy Deadlifts because of back, lose feeling in hip and leg, and can get flop foot. But STR L DLs I'm fine.

Any advice?

I need to go get my bf % done this week so I can have at least a baseline before I get to far into this.

Should I do cardio in the AM? Or is this a good plan to lose fat and not destroy to much muscle?

Hockey Rulz

Hockey Rulz

Awards
One more thing...

Correct me if I'm wrong but when you first wake up in the AM your body's glycogen stores in the liver are their lowest if not depleted to fuel you while you sleep. So if one gets up and starts doing cardio does not your body start pulling glycogen from other places as in your muscle tissue?

I mean the glycogen synthesis from your muscle tissue is not as effecient as say from your liver, but still one wants to avoid this at all costs.

Therefore wouldn't it make sense to get up and have a small glass of OJ or grapefruit juice to replenish the the body with some simple energy source. This way avoiding the catabolic effects of pulling glyco stores from your muscle, in turn negating ANY up take of amino acids to your muscles because you can't have it both ways simultaneously.

Thoughts????

Hockey Rulz

Hockey Rulz

Awards
No replies? Guess it is a good program...????

Wow 36 views and not one reply...guess I'm doing all right LOL.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
unf. alot of people on here only want to talk about supps