Starting the Velocity Diet

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.19%

Starting the Velocity Diet

After much debating with myself, I'll be starting the velocity diet. I feel the Biotest may be too much money, so I'm going to try the TeamSkip formula from trueprotein.

Team Skip Protein:
    33% whey
    33% Egg White
    33% Casein

117 cals
    .7 carbs
    25 protein
    .75 fat

I weigh around 195, so I believe I'm going for 1700 calories. How do I go about this if I need at least 225g protein?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.19%

For my PWO, instead of Surge, I'll be doing 2 scoops wax Maize, 2 scoops Protein and 2tbsp natural peanut butter and blending it really thick to help with my appetite.

Instead of water, if you use egg beaters egg whites, and then refrigerate the shake for about 45 mins, it turns into a pudding, which tastes amazing
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleMind View Post
    For my PWO, instead of Surge, I'll be doing 2 scoops wax Maize, 2 scoops Protein and 2tbsp natural peanut butter and blending it really thick to help with my appetite.
    Not trying to shoot your down but that seems like a lot of carbs daily for VD?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.19%

well the surge had like 45 carbs..maxy waize..2 scoops has around 48
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.27%

I thought shugart said to keep CHO intake <100g on WO days and well below that on days you dont weight train
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.49%

should be fine, the rest of your carbs should be coming from fiber tabs, and the fiber found in flax seeds
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleMind View Post
    After much debating with myself, I'll be starting the velocity diet. I feel the Biotest may be too much money, so I'm going to try the TeamSkip formula from trueprotein.

Team Skip Protein:
    33% whey
    33% Egg White
    33% Casein

117 cals
    .7 carbs
    25 protein
    .75 fat

I weigh around 195, so I believe I'm going for 1700 calories. How do I go about this if I need at least 225g protein?
    what flavor did you get for your TEAMSKIP?
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.96%

ive been on the velocity diet for about 4 days now and have dropped a good 9 pounds already. i measured myself and also lost an inch off my waist...mind you my body fat is pretty high so it makes sense that im dropping so fast.

havent craved food or anything! I looove this diet! its def gotten me over that plateu
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.49%

Quote Originally Posted by csunkramer View Post
    ive been on the velocity diet for about 4 days now and have dropped a good 9 pounds already. i measured myself and also lost an inch off my waist...mind you my body fat is pretty high so it makes sense that im dropping so fast.

havent craved food or anything! I looove this diet! its def gotten me over that plateu
    most if that is water weight
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.73%

This Saturday will be the end of week 3 for me on the Velocity Diet & honestly it hasn't been all that difficult. Just be disciplined, stay out of the kitchen & hit it hard in the gym.

First two weeks I lost 11 lbs & no doubt a good 3~4 of that might've been water. Next weigh-in for me will be Sunday & I see a difference in the mirror so I'm betting I dropped another 2~3 this week. Goal is to drop 15 on the V-diet (started at 215) & then cut down another 10 from there. I want to get to 190 & see how feel/look & may cut further.

I just used whey isolate & micellar casein from allthewhey (great taste & excellent customer service!).

I'm not terribly crazy about their casein...it's not bad, but they only have choco/vanilla & unflavored to choose from. So after 3 weeks of straight choco shakes...I need a different flavor! I just ordered 5lbs of Teamskip Strawberry N Cream for a change of pace.

Just a heads up on what to expect. Week 2 is tougher than week 1 for sure. But after you see some results you'll be motivated to push thru. I was in a lousy mood in week 2 & my lifts started to drop (I think some of that was lack of energy from no carbs). Some Purple Wraath pre/peri workout has helped. By week 3 the shakes are routine & cravings are just about gone. I don't want junk food of any kind, but I could kill for some chicken & brocolli or some tuna! In week 3 I switched to a full body routine w/ more complex lifts to shake things up...so far so good. Looking forward to week 4 & then the transition phase.

Have fun on it man! Post back your results.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hey I have a question for you guys about this..

I'm sure it says somewhere in some article, but do you know exactly WHY you can't replace say 1 meal a day with a chicken breast? It is almost 100% protein, the cleanest calories ever -- so why would it be detrimental to this diet?

I just can't see how it could possibly negatively effect the results you would see.. just curious if anybody knows the logic behind this!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

You technically could replace a shake with chicken breast. It would make it more similar to the radical diet without refeeds. The idea behind no solid food is to psychologically break the addiction that your may have to "dirty" foods. It may also help you stay on due to the simplicity, when you don't have solid foods then decide to have a chicken breast it could lead to a binge fest.

How well it programs you? I don't know. It's something you would have to experiment with. I personally haven't tried it.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.96%

its day 7 for me and its been an interesting week. Ive went from 198 to 186 and ive noticed a change.

the emotional stuff...well today i got upset and wanted to binge eat like nobodys business but for some reason my willpower was strong and i just went home and had a shake. the other day i walked by a bunch of bagels, and although they looked nice i didnt feel the urge to go grab them all and down them in one sitting haha.

this diet is teaching me alot about myself and how much i let food run my days AND my thoughts! Its insane how much i thought about food before....just insane
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Hey I have a question for you guys about this..

I'm sure it says somewhere in some article, but do you know exactly WHY you can't replace say 1 meal a day with a chicken breast? It is almost 100% protein, the cleanest calories ever -- so why would it be detrimental to this diet?

I just can't see how it could possibly negatively effect the results you would see.. just curious if anybody knows the logic behind this!
    its mostly simplicity and time. if you are aiming at x grams of protein a day, you divide that by 6 and thats the size of each shake you drink. If you sub in a chicken breast or egg whites or etc you get back to having to weigh and measure and count and cook. They do talk about the 1 solid meal option. Its definitely harder to be precise if you add in the solids.

I guess too there is the whole "cleansing" thing, with no solid food your whole digestive tract will be empty and get a chance to clean itself up some.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I know little about the VD but aside from the ease of taking in 6 shakes how are you getting required bodily vitamins and minerals? Also how does loosing the thermo effects form the food beneficial to weight loss? I have to be missing something, I guess I will go read the info on T-nation.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
  2. ATW Velocity Diet +
    By 01yz426 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 12:33 PM
  3. Velocity Diet
    By bigironkiller in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
  4. Considering Velocity Diet