i'm stuck

michaeljannis

Awards
what's up guys.... what's the best way to bust out of a plateau?

I started really tracking my weight and numbers at the beginning of October. I started out at 262, and now i am at 235. (5'9") I was losing steadily in the beginning, but now, i'm just sitting still.

I backed off the weights some, picked up the cardio but still it's not budging....

any advice?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes a good 'healthy' cheat meal will restart the fat loss.

michaeljannis

Awards
well..... my diet probably isn't as in "check" as it should be. I know most people aren't a big fan of this method, but I use weight watchers.

So mainly I concentrate on portion control. but it was working really really well at first, now I just seem to struggle with the weight coming off.....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
well, you probably should try using fitday.com or some other way to track your intake, at least for a little while. playing with your carb intake is likely to help. Doing carb tapering (when you take in most of your carbs early in the day and none from dinner on) or even just reducing carbs in general is likely to help. If you could manage to take in your days carbs in a 1 hour span early in the day, and no other carbs beyond leafy green vegetables, it would also make a difference

michaeljannis

Awards
what would be a good average carb intake?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
its really really really hard to say. each person is pretty individual. If you are the kind of person who gains weight/fat easily, then "as low as you can manage" is probably the best answer. The insulin effects from simpler carbs + sugar is most of what adds fat on. I nowadays rarely take in more than 100g of carbs in a day even on workout days, as low as 30g some days. And what carbs I do take in are healthy complex carbs.

michaeljannis

Awards
yeah i'm definitely the person that puts on weight very easily....

so i'm still pretty new to this, but complex carbs... is it fair to assume ur talking about sweet potatoes and stuff like that?