Anyone heard of such a diet?????

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Ok well i was listlening to a live talk on bodybuilding and ways to do it better the other day and one thing they were talking about is to get bigger while getting cut was a diet like this...

Ok so one week you go low cals and everything so your metabolism slows down so then the next week you eat lots of high calories like a bulk so then your body ands on weights quicker and your metabolism speeds up so then when the next week comes and you go low cals you loose weight because ur metabolism is fast adn you take in low calories, and you just repeat this process, so has anyone heard of this?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it can be. depends on your bodytype. at where you are, i wouldn't bother yet. its best for someone who is near competition grade (say 10% bf) and wants to bulk without adding much fat.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
well since i am trying to bring my down to about 10% should i stick with a keto diet?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you have a short timeline? otherwise, just being 500 cal below maintenance long term will get you there, just may take a few months

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
well i would rather get it done quicker. I think after i finish this week on the keto i am going to just go about 500 cals below matnience so i can still eat carbs.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well i would rather get it done quicker. I think after i finish this week on the keto i am going to just go about 500 cals below matnience so i can still eat carbs.
quicker is not always better. aiming to lose muscle is better than aiming to just lose weight.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
in that case i will probably just aim for 500 calorie drop. after my week is over on the keto

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
have you just been on the keto a week ? if you have, i'd say stick with it at least 2-3 more. Being on keto a week and switching back generally causes people to gain weight in the end

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
i have been on it for almost 3 weeks. if you check my log you can see i posted pics.