Is this overtraining? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is this overtraining?

1. New Member

Is this overtraining?

Cardio (jog/sprint) in the morning around 8am then weight lifting in the late afternoon 4pm. I do this routine 3x a week. What do you think? Is this overtraning?

2. New Member

no its good...u r nowhere near overtraining...i do weights 4 times a week with 3 cardio sessions and 1 swim session..those r for weekdays...i add another 2 soccer sessions over the weekends...

1 safe way to gauge is whether you are constantly feeling tired and having very bad mood swings..on top of which you check for loss in muscle mass...that will tell whether you are overtraining...differs between different individuals..
  3. JDF
    Advanced Member

i think it would depend on your routine as well as what your doing inbetween your workouts ( days off )
    •   

4. New Member

mike mentzer says only do one rep per bodypart once a week and CARB UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. JDF
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolack2 View Post
    mike mentzer says only do one rep per bodypart once a week and CARB UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1 rep per bodypart once a week will w/out a doubt not be enough to maximize growth, 3-4 days a week yes ( Hypertrophy-Specific Training )
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Thought he advocated high intensity workouts and not heavy lifting...or am I missing something?
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

I wouldn't consider that overtraining by any means. I overtraining few weeks out of a few months interchanging that with high intensity. I go few weeks with 5x/wk...2 different muscle groups high weight low reps/sets...(though mostly while on a cycle since recover much quicker).
  8. New Member

not one rep per bodypart but 1 SET performed to failure. Carb up is only after you have little carbs for the past few days to replenish glycogen. You don't carb up if you are carbing everyday.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMbSta View Post
    not one rep per bodypart but 1 SET performed to failure. Carb up is only after you have little carbs for the past few days to replenish glycogen. You don't carb up if you are carbing everyday.
    That sounds more like it...
  10. New Member

i meant to say one REP........it was a joke.....
    coupled with the fact that mentzer was kinda crazy i wouldnt have been suprised if he started talking about ONE REP WORKOUTS!!!
    Last edited by anapolack2; 03-04-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: add
  11. New Member

but you gotta admit he do have a nice physique with his workout methods, comparable to arnold in 86 i think
  12. New Member

i dunno.......im not a fan of bodybuilding.......i dont admire other males physiques..........just atheletic accomplishments
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buracho View Post
    Cardio (jog/sprint) in the morning around 8am then weight lifting in the late afternoon 4pm. I do this routine 3x a week. What do you think? Is this overtraning?
    No way this is overtraining...unless you're pounding vodka and getting less than 2 hours of sleep a night.

I've been doing 30 min cardio 6-7 days a week and weight training 5-6 days a week while averaging 6-7 hours of sleep a night and I'm still making progress w/o overtraining symptoms. I also eat a $h!t load of glutamine and vitamin C to keep it that way.

Everybody is different though so listen to your body. Instinctive training rules!
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Mike Mentzer had a great physique but his workout "philosophy" is crap. Undertraining is more common in bodybuilding than overtraining. Get in the gym, bust your ass, eat right, and see improvements.
  15. New Member

Thanx to all who replied on this thread. You can notice that my routine is about burning fats and wants to maintain muscles (morning cardio & afternoon weights). I have another question to you guys. Is it true that cardio will cause muscle loss? what should i do to prevent this? what supplements should i take? Replies are very much appreciated. thnx in advance.
  16. New Member

not at all....looks great...your body will tell you when you are overtraining.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Am I overtraining?
    By Defex in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 08:37 PM
  2. Overtraining help
    By pdx89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 07:32 PM
  3. Overtraining?
    By RyanOFelt in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10