looking for input

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so here is my situation. In two weeks from today (march 15th) I am participating in a contest at my gym to see who can have the biggest drop in bodyfat %. I have been training consistently for about 4 years now, but I have a relatively high bf % because i kept it high for football (o line) and also because I have never emphasized dieting down and eating clean the way I should.

I am going to log the whole thing once it gets close to starting, but I am actually now looking for input on what to do BEFORE it starts. I now have two weeks til this thing starts, and I have decided to just eat dirty, with hopes of 1.) getting it out of my system and 2.) getting more bodyfat and thus giving me more to lose. Do you guys think this is a bad idea? I am probably high teens-low 20s in BF now, but I am worried I am going to be up against a lot of newbies who will thus get newbie gains and have an advantage, so I figured a little extra bodyfat would help me. I have also cut out my cardio for these two weeks. I seem to be quite a mesomorph, so I will probably put on 10 lbs. between now and the time it starts.

Let me know what you guys think, I am looking for any and all input. The contest is $100 to get into and thus should have a decent sized cash prize for a college student like myself, so I am hoping between this and keeping a solid log I will be motivated to get myself in the best shape of my life, which would be nice as summer's coming and I am about 30 min from the beach.

Any input is greatly appreciated! :welcome:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Eating cleaner foods, increasing veggies, and, of course, adding in cardio.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
do you mean in the meantime, or once I start? once it starts I'm planning 4x a week lifting and 6-7 days of cardio, alternating intensities. I was thinking low carb once I start, prob 100 grams or less per day with 30-40 in fiber and cutting it down to 50 or less the last month. It's a 12 week contest, shoulda mentioned that. Rodja, do you think I should worry about eating clean and what not the next two weeks, before it starts? I was thinking that eating dirty and a small gain in bf may help.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
do you mean in the meantime, or once I start? once it starts I'm planning 4x a week lifting and 6-7 days of cardio, alternating intensities. I was thinking low carb once I start, prob 100 grams or less per day with 30-40 in fiber and cutting it down to 50 or less the last month. It's a 12 week contest, shoulda mentioned that. Rodja, do you think I should worry about eating clean and what not the next two weeks, before it starts? I was thinking that eating dirty and a small gain in bf may help.
Eat a bunch of sushi before the weigh-ins, you'll retain a ton of water and won't have to worry about cutting through the fat. Be careful not to overdiet, though; you'll kill your progress that way.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
ok, here's a little update. I was 268 about 10 days ago. For the last 4 days, I have eaten as dirty as possible, to give myself more fat to lose. I weighed in at 284 today. I have had headaches on and off the last two days, and i dunno if it's from retaining a lot of water or if I am sick or what, but I think i am gonna tune it down a bit.

Is anyone very familiar with bodyfat calipers? I think this is how they will be testing. Do you guys know if water retention has any effect on testing with them?