new workout/diet plan

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

Arrow new workout/diet plan

i started my new diet/exercise program today. i got precise measurements of my body and they are as follows:

bust - 36
    waist - 26
    hips - 38
    thighs - 22
    calf - 13
    wrist - 6

im 5'4 and weigh 129... my goal is to get to 120, or if gaining muscle doesn't allow that to happen, then ill be happy with just losing a few lbs and getting toned.

my workout is:
    MWF
    3mins elliptical cardio warmup
    4 sets of 25 crunches
    3 sets of 15 leg lifts
    3 sets of 12 (50lb) hamstring leg curl machine
    3 sets of 12 (75lb) leg extension machine
    3 sets of 12 (80lb) inner thigh adductor machine
    3 sets of 12 (80lb) outer thigh abductor machine
    3 sets of 12 (70lb) seat leg press
    2 sets of 15 hyperextensions
    15min interval elliptical cardio

T and R
    10mins of HIIT, 30/30
    and those nights
    jumping squats
    lunges
    possibly abs

as for my diet, ill be drinking a gallon of water a day, and will mostly consist of, special k cereal w/ fat free milk, fruit, tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread, fruit, chicken breast w/ vegetables and possibly 99% fat free (high fiber) beans. if i'm still hungry ill have green tea or more fruit

i also just bought napalm, it should be coming in tomorrow or wednesday. i have some tone & tighten pills i used a few months back so i think i might try finishing that up and see how it goes

if there's anything else i can do i'd appreciate any feedback =)

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Where is the upper-body WO?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Registered User

also, what are your views on 100 calorie snack packs and lean cuisines/smart ones?
    •   

4. Registered User

i dont have one yet, im really stuck on time so im gonna start my upper body workout in may when schools over
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by njsweetheart View Post
    also, what are your views on 100 calorie snack packs and lean cuisines/smart ones?
    Lean cuisines/SmarOnes are good if you're pinched for time, but I wouldn't build my diet around them. As with all snacks, as long as it fits within your diet, then it should be alright.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Registered User

thanks.. is 1300 calories a day right for my diet? and is there anything else i could do?
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

thanks.. is 1300 calories a day right for my diet? and is there anything else i could do?
    Probably too low. For an upper body WO, buy some resistance bands and do basic exercises. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Registered User

what should my caloric intake a day be? i'm at 800 now and i dont know what else i could possibly eat lol
  9. Registered User
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  10. Registered User

what should my caloric intake a day be? i'm at 800 now and i dont know what else i could possibly eat lol
    Depends on quite a few variables. You say you are 129lbs, what % bodyfat? Based on your measurments the only thing I can say is "are you single", lol j/k

I'd say shoot for 1200 calories per day and adjust to results. Brown rice and chicken breast should be staple foods. Fish/shellfish, tofu, yogurt, cottage cheese, lean beef or pork are excellent protein choices.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  11. Registered User

lmao.. thanks, and i am not single sorry! lol .. anyway i believe my bf% is 22 and out of the foods you suggested i only eat beef and pork..
  12. Registered User

when doing HIIT on the elliptical, should i have it set to a specific resistance/incline? today i think the resistance was at 1 and the incline was at 9 ( so it worked my butt, quads, hamstring and calves ). i warmed up for 3min then did 30/30 for 10min and cooled down for 2min. also, when should i increase to 60/30 and the length of time?
  13. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

another handy option for food is the south beach diet stuff. not so much the bars as the pre-packed lunches + meals. they are pretty well balanced, from decent carb + fat sources.

For HIIT, its all about your heart rate really, so what the incline gets set to (or what speed you try to reach) is all based on heartrate. NOT SUGGESTING THIS FOR YOU but when I do HIIT my targets are 140-150 for the low heart rate and 175-185 for upper heart rate. So depending on what I am doing for HIIT I vary it to hit those as targets.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  14. Registered User

i'm not sure how the elliptical machine measure heart rate, usually its b/w 70-150.. but when im going as fast as i can my strides per min are over 200 and when im jogging i try and stay b/w 140-160 strides per min since im not sure how the heart rate monitor works
  15. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

well, if your hands stay on the shiny metal parts, it should measure it fairly accurately. Otherwise you can buy a heart rate monitor that has a chest strap and usually a watch for you to view on. Those work wirelessly with most ellipticals.

it sounds like you are pretty close to it tho
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  16. Registered User

i just got my napalm last night.. how long before my workout should i apply it? and how much time should there be inbetween each application?
  17. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

you should apply it after you shower, and leave it on 8+ hrs before showering again (if you are a multiple showerer). once a day is fine really, could try 2x a day at least 8 hrs apart, scrubbing it before reapplying. using an exfoliating something helps too
    This space for rent

18. Registered User

thanks!
  19. Registered User

UPDATE:

i've lost 2in on my hips, but everything else remained the same. i will be weighing myself at the gym later today.

i've been applying napalm twice a day on my abs/love handles, and thighs since friday. i've also started taking tone n tighten yesterday.

should i be expecting some weight loss? or do you think i won't lose as much because i could possibly have gained muscle?
  20. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

also some level of water retention. so once you are finished with the napalm, you'll see even more results 4-5 days after
    This space for rent

21. Registered User

im going away in 13 days and napalm usually lasts 20 days.. so i should have about 2-3 days left of that when i go on vacation.. but ive read people had allergic reactions when changing environments and tanning ( im going to st. croix island, so it will be very hot ) so should i stop using napalm once i go on vacation?
  22. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

yeah, if you are going to use tanning lotions, you don't want to also use napalm
    This space for rent

23. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

you could also get atomic meltdown by RPN to use
    This space for rent

24. Registered User

also, my boyfriend said my butt got smaller and firmer!
  25. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I personally wouldn't put a ton of stock into special K. It has a decent lineup until you read that it has high fructose corn syrup in it. Better off with shredded wheat. Even those mini wheats with the frosting don't have high fructose corn syrup.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  26. JDF

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    also some level of water retention. so once you are finished with the napalm, you'll see even more results 4-5 days after
    I've heard this too, maybe you want to stop using napalm like 3-5 days before you leave.

I am extremely jealous that your going on vacation, im poor an cant ( have fun though )
  27. Registered User

ok, so i weighed myself last tuesday, and i just had a 90 calorie special k bar, and i went to the gym but before i worked out the scale said i weighed 127.. then today i weighed myself, but it was later in the day, after i drank a gallon of water, ate breakfast and lunch and it said i weighed 129.. im not sure if its accurate but why am i gaining weight if im working out harder than i ever had and am eating pretty healthy.. i admit at nights sometimes i get really hungry like i havent eaten anything all day so i eat a 100 calorie snack pack or have some fat free chocolate milk but thats about it. i just feel like i lose more weight when i eat less.. so what im gonna do as a quick fix is buy a week and a half worth of slimfast and just have healthy dinners and fruit for snacks and see how that goes til next friday. earlier last week i felt like i lost weight but now i feel like im gaining weight and i dont know what to do =(
  28. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

well, the specific time of day you weigh yourself matters. I try to do it consistently after getting up and using the the bathroom first thing in the morning. I can get as much as 8-9lbs fluctuation thru the day
    This space for rent

29. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

again this is really none of my business but if you're not eating all day long and capping off your night with a whopping 100 calories...this could be why you aren't gaining the results you're shooting for.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  30. Registered User

o no i am eating, i eat breakfast lunch and dinner i think its the earlier i get up the hungrier i get at night but i eat dinner around 5 or 6 and then usually get really hungry again around 7 or 8
  31. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

hmm maybe switch to something higher fiber lower cal even for that late nite snack. carrots or celery?
    This space for rent

32. JDF

I love me some natty PB @ night ( I love chunky ) - 2 scoops and Im good.

I also eat a small amount of almonds all day and they're full of fiber, maybe try almonds or some sort of nuts ( unsalted ).

Then again im on a totally different diet, so take my words with a grain of salt
  33. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I miss PB. Damn.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  34. Registered User

i know this is completely irrelevant.. but how do i get a profile picture? i dont see an option to do it
  35. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

its in the Edit Avatar on the control panel
    This space for rent

36. Registered User

so i need to go tanning before i go on vacation next week.. do you think it would be ok to go in a stand up booth with no lotion on? i do it all the time and i dont burn. but i havent gone since i started using napalm, so maybe if i dont use lotion i wont get a reaction.. what do u think?
  37. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

so i need to go tanning before i go on vacation next week.. do you think it would be ok to go in a stand up booth with no lotion on? i do it all the time and i dont burn. but i havent gone since i started using napalm, so maybe if i dont use lotion i wont get a reaction.. what do u think?
    I use Napalm and tanning lotion all the time and have never had a problem. We added Napalm in our Atomic Meltdown and have not had any users report a problem.

But honestly if you want to lose fat..not weight on a scale, but actual fat, then you need to up your protein. You should be eating 5-6 meals a day with protein in each of them. Your carbs should be sweet potatoes and whole grain rice, oatmeal and egg whites should account for your breakfast. And you need to add in upper body weight work. You are throwing your body into storing fat because you are not eating enough.
  38. Avant Research Guru
    Board Sponsor

Yea, its seems to be very idiosyncratic. Of the innumerable bottles of Napalm we've sold, there has been 1 report of skin irritation that was associated with tanning/lotion.

There may be a grand total of 2 people with skin problems in general, so I consider this problem a non-starter.
  39. Registered User

ok good thanks! i only eat chicken, beef and pork. i dont eat nuts or seafood ( except tunafish ) so what other sources can i get protein from?
  40. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

eggs, cottage cheese, cheese in general.
    This space for rent

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 04:39 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 05:40 AM
  3. My new diet and workout plan, critique!
    By Toby in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
  4. My new diet and workout plan, critique!
    By Toby in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 12:20 PM
  5. My Diet/Workout/Supp. Plan
    By UNCCFitness in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 10:54 AM