new workout/diet plan

njsweetheart

Awards
i started my new diet/exercise program today. i got precise measurements of my body and they are as follows:

bust - 36
waist - 26
hips - 38
thighs - 22
calf - 13
wrist - 6

im 5'4 and weigh 129... my goal is to get to 120, or if gaining muscle doesn't allow that to happen, then ill be happy with just losing a few lbs and getting toned.

my workout is:
MWF
3mins elliptical cardio warmup
4 sets of 25 crunches
3 sets of 15 leg lifts
3 sets of 12 (50lb) hamstring leg curl machine
3 sets of 12 (75lb) leg extension machine
3 sets of 12 (80lb) inner thigh adductor machine
3 sets of 12 (80lb) outer thigh abductor machine
3 sets of 12 (70lb) seat leg press
2 sets of 15 hyperextensions
15min interval elliptical cardio

T and R
10mins of HIIT, 30/30
and those nights
jumping squats
lunges
possibly abs

as for my diet, ill be drinking a gallon of water a day, and will mostly consist of, special k cereal w/ fat free milk, fruit, tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread, fruit, chicken breast w/ vegetables and possibly 99% fat free (high fiber) beans. if i'm still hungry ill have green tea or more fruit

i also just bought napalm, it should be coming in tomorrow or wednesday. i have some tone & tighten pills i used a few months back so i think i might try finishing that up and see how it goes

if there's anything else i can do i'd appreciate any feedback =)

njsweetheart

Awards
also, what are your views on 100 calorie snack packs and lean cuisines/smart ones?

njsweetheart

Awards
i dont have one yet, im really stuck on time so im gonna start my upper body workout in may when schools over

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
also, what are your views on 100 calorie snack packs and lean cuisines/smart ones?
Lean cuisines/SmarOnes are good if you're pinched for time, but I wouldn't build my diet around them. As with all snacks, as long as it fits within your diet, then it should be alright.

njsweetheart

Awards
thanks.. is 1300 calories a day right for my diet? and is there anything else i could do?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks.. is 1300 calories a day right for my diet? and is there anything else i could do?
Probably too low. For an upper body WO, buy some resistance bands and do basic exercises. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

njsweetheart

Awards
what should my caloric intake a day be? i'm at 800 now and i dont know what else i could possibly eat lol

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
what should my caloric intake a day be? i'm at 800 now and i dont know what else i could possibly eat lol
Depends on quite a few variables. You say you are 129lbs, what % bodyfat? Based on your measurments the only thing I can say is "are you single", lol j/k

I'd say shoot for 1200 calories per day and adjust to results. Brown rice and chicken breast should be staple foods. Fish/shellfish, tofu, yogurt, cottage cheese, lean beef or pork are excellent protein choices.

njsweetheart

Awards
lmao.. thanks, and i am not single sorry! lol .. anyway i believe my bf% is 22 and out of the foods you suggested i only eat beef and pork..

njsweetheart

Awards
when doing HIIT on the elliptical, should i have it set to a specific resistance/incline? today i think the resistance was at 1 and the incline was at 9 ( so it worked my butt, quads, hamstring and calves ). i warmed up for 3min then did 30/30 for 10min and cooled down for 2min. also, when should i increase to 60/30 and the length of time?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
another handy option for food is the south beach diet stuff. not so much the bars as the pre-packed lunches + meals. they are pretty well balanced, from decent carb + fat sources.

For HIIT, its all about your heart rate really, so what the incline gets set to (or what speed you try to reach) is all based on heartrate. NOT SUGGESTING THIS FOR YOU but when I do HIIT my targets are 140-150 for the low heart rate and 175-185 for upper heart rate. So depending on what I am doing for HIIT I vary it to hit those as targets.

njsweetheart

Awards
i'm not sure how the elliptical machine measure heart rate, usually its b/w 70-150.. but when im going as fast as i can my strides per min are over 200 and when im jogging i try and stay b/w 140-160 strides per min since im not sure how the heart rate monitor works

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, if your hands stay on the shiny metal parts, it should measure it fairly accurately. Otherwise you can buy a heart rate monitor that has a chest strap
and usually a watch for you to view on. Those work wirelessly with most ellipticals.

it sounds like you are pretty close to it tho :)

njsweetheart

Awards
i just got my napalm last night.. how long before my workout should i apply it? and how much time should there be inbetween each application?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you should apply it after you shower, and leave it on 8+ hrs before showering again (if you are a multiple showerer). once a day is fine really, could try 2x a day at least 8 hrs apart, scrubbing it before reapplying. using an exfoliating something helps too

njsweetheart

Awards
UPDATE:

i've lost 2in on my hips, but everything else remained the same. i will be weighing myself at the gym later today.

i've been applying napalm twice a day on my abs/love handles, and thighs since friday. i've also started taking tone n tighten yesterday.

should i be expecting some weight loss? or do you think i won't lose as much because i could possibly have gained muscle?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
also some level of water retention. so once you are finished with the napalm, you'll see even more results 4-5 days after

njsweetheart

Awards
im going away in 13 days and napalm usually lasts 20 days.. so i should have about 2-3 days left of that when i go on vacation.. but ive read people had allergic reactions when changing environments and tanning ( im going to st. croix island, so it will be very hot ) so should i stop using napalm once i go on vacation?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, if you are going to use tanning lotions, you don't want to also use napalm

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you could also get atomic meltdown by RPN to use

njsweetheart

Awards
also, my boyfriend said my butt got smaller and firmer!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I personally wouldn't put a ton of stock into special K. It has a decent lineup until you read that it has high fructose corn syrup in it. Better off with shredded wheat. Even those mini wheats with the frosting don't have high fructose corn syrup.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
also some level of water retention. so once you are finished with the napalm, you'll see even more results 4-5 days after
I've heard this too, maybe you want to stop using napalm like 3-5 days before you leave.

I am extremely jealous that your going on vacation, im poor an cant :rasp: ( have fun though )

njsweetheart

Awards
ok, so i weighed myself last tuesday, and i just had a 90 calorie special k bar, and i went to the gym but before i worked out the scale said i weighed 127.. then today i weighed myself, but it was later in the day, after i drank a gallon of water, ate breakfast and lunch and it said i weighed 129.. im not sure if its accurate but why am i gaining weight if im working out harder than i ever had and am eating pretty healthy.. i admit at nights sometimes i get really hungry like i havent eaten anything all day so i eat a 100 calorie snack pack or have some fat free chocolate milk but thats about it. i just feel like i lose more weight when i eat less.. so what im gonna do as a quick fix is buy a week and a half worth of slimfast and just have healthy dinners and fruit for snacks and see how that goes til next friday. earlier last week i felt like i lost weight but now i feel like im gaining weight and i dont know what to do =(

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, the specific time of day you weigh yourself matters. I try to do it consistently after getting up and using the the bathroom first thing in the morning. I can get as much as 8-9lbs fluctuation thru the day

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
again this is really none of my business but if you're not eating all day long and capping off your night with a whopping 100 calories...this could be why you aren't gaining the results you're shooting for.

njsweetheart

Awards
o no i am eating, i eat breakfast lunch and dinner i think its the earlier i get up the hungrier i get at night but i eat dinner around 5 or 6 and then usually get really hungry again around 7 or 8

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm maybe switch to something higher fiber lower cal even for that late nite snack. carrots or celery?

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I love me some natty PB @ night ( I love chunky ) - 2 scoops and Im good.

I also eat a small amount of almonds all day and they're full of fiber, maybe try almonds or some sort of nuts ( unsalted ).

Then again im on a totally different diet, so take my words with a grain of salt

njsweetheart

Awards
i know this is completely irrelevant.. but how do i get a profile picture? i dont see an option to do it

njsweetheart

Awards
so i need to go tanning before i go on vacation next week.. do you think it would be ok to go in a stand up booth with no lotion on? i do it all the time and i dont burn. but i havent gone since i started using napalm, so maybe if i dont use lotion i wont get a reaction.. what do u think?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
so i need to go tanning before i go on vacation next week.. do you think it would be ok to go in a stand up booth with no lotion on? i do it all the time and i dont burn. but i havent gone since i started using napalm, so maybe if i dont use lotion i wont get a reaction.. what do u think?
I use Napalm and tanning lotion all the time and have never had a problem. We added Napalm in our Atomic Meltdown and have not had any users report a problem.

But honestly if you want to lose fat..not weight on a scale, but actual fat, then you need to up your protein. You should be eating 5-6 meals a day with protein in each of them. Your carbs should be sweet potatoes and whole grain rice, oatmeal and egg whites should account for your breakfast. And you need to add in upper body weight work. You are throwing your body into storing fat because you are not eating enough.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Yea, its seems to be very idiosyncratic. Of the innumerable bottles of Napalm we've sold, there has been 1 report of skin irritation that was associated with tanning/lotion.

There may be a grand total of 2 people with skin problems in general, so I consider this problem a non-starter.

njsweetheart

Awards
ok good thanks! i only eat chicken, beef and pork. i dont eat nuts or seafood ( except tunafish ) so what other sources can i get protein from?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:D outside of that really soy or whey based protein drink mixes is around all I can think of

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
you want her to go all the way to buffalo for peanut butter? get out of here...there should be at least somewhere closer to you with some natural pb :blink:

Sorry...I had to.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Some people just don't have a taste for certain things. I don't care if you told me that it was going to create widespread world peace....i'm not eating Liverwurst.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well to be honest I despise fish!! Passionately. But my trainer wanted me on 5 oz of fish a day. So I hit the tilapia. Now do I like it, eh not really. Is it working , yes. Is it getting easier to eat as time goes on, yes.

It all about how bad you want it. If bodybuilding and weight loss were easy everyone would do it!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
If you detest something enough though, it could turn you off to the whole procedure. If someone told me the only way to get fit and lose weight would be eating 5oz. of liverwurst a day, i'd say to hell with it and not follow a routine.

Eating fish isn't a necessity, it just helps greatly. It balances your diet and gets you quality protein and good fats while not giving to many calories. If it's not something you can stomach...move on with your life, haha