Velocity Diet To 10/10 Transformation

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
  1. Velocity Diet To 10/10 Transformation


    Hey guys i just finished a modified short v-diet. Lost about 11 pounds in two weeks. I will be starting the typical transition phase today (1/28/07). I plan on doing the transition phase for six days, adding around 150 to 200 calories a day, coming from carbs (oatmeal, whole wheat, pumpkin etc.). I then plan on starting Chad Waterbury's 10/10 transformation. I think the psychological food behavioral changes experienced by the velocity diet would be a great way to start the 10/10 transformation, since it appears to be a fairly simple diet. I plan on logging my experience on the 10/10 transformation. Please feel free to leave feedback, comments, etc.

    Unfortunately, I did not take a before picture of the Velocity diet, but i did make note of my measurements:

    Age: 21
    Height: 5'9

    Before Velocity Diet:
    Weight: 179 lbs.
    Body Fat percentage: 13%
    Circum. of Belly: 31.5 inches
    Thigh Left/Right: 25/25.25 inches
    Calves Left/Right: 16/16 inches
    Chest-Nipple Line: 41 inches
    Upper Abs: 34.5 inches
    Hips-Circum. of Glutes: 39.5 inches
    Shoulders: 48 inches
    Upper Arm Left/Right: 14.75/14.75 inches
    Neck: 16.25 inches

    After 2 week Velocity Diet:
    Weight: 168 lbs.
    Body Fat percentage: 10.5%
    Circum. of Belly: 30.25 inches
    Thigh Left/Right: 24.25/24.5 inches
    Calves Left/Right: 15.75/15.5 inches
    Chest-Nipple Line: 40 inches
    Hips-Circum. of Glutes: 38.5
    Shoulders: 48 inches
    Upper Arm Left/Right: 14.5/14.5 inches
    Neck: 15.25 inches

    I plan on taking a photo before the 10/10 transformation. Again, if you have any feed back tell me what you think!


  2. Why only 2 weeks of the V-Diet?
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  3. didn't feel like I had to lose to much body fat, also i didn't want my lifts to suffer too much, i did the v-diet more for the craving changes for the most part, but im quite happy with the results

    Also, anybody have any suggestions for supplements, in addition to what Waterbury suggests?
    I was thinking 10 grams of beta alanine,
    BCAA through out the day
    5 grams of creatine mono.
    •   
       

  4. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    do you have a link to the 10/10 transformation
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  5. what is the 10/10 diet?

  6. I'm doing a 2 week phase also, mainly because I don't have time to do a 4 weeker quite yet. Today is day 2.


    I've been going heavy on the BCAA's, and fiber pills.

  7. You can see some nice results in 2 weeks.

    If you do 4 weeks straight, progress slows quite a bit after the first 2 weeks. To me I like a cheat day after week two of pizza, burgers, etc to boost the metabolism. That will boost fat loss again, especially if you do a lot of cardio and fat loss supplements on the 1 or 2 days after the cheat day.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    You can see some nice results in 2 weeks.

    If you do 4 weeks straight, progress slows quite a bit after the first 2 weeks. To me I like a cheat day after week two of pizza, burgers, etc to boost the metabolism. That will boost fat loss again, especially if you do a lot of cardio and fat loss supplements on the 1 or 2 days after the cheat day.
    I was doing 45 minutes of NEPA, and I almost passed out of the treadmill. I did the formula, and something tells me my cals are still too low. I guess I could bump them 100-200 or so.

    Honestly, I don't need a cheat day. I just wish I could eat a ton of spinach or something. Instead I feel sick to my stomach with all the liquids and powders and pills. This may be where the radical diet is superior.

  9. You ARE using a 50/50 whey/micellar casein blend, right? What percentage of fat?

    And oh, one tip: V-8!! potassium and sodium, which are notably absent in the V-Diet. Give it a shot it may boost your energy and endurance. It sure did for me.

    Also the cheat isn't a psychological thing. Pizza, burgers, ice cream, etc for a day really will help the fat loss process after the first 2 weeks.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by eltino View Post
    what is the 10/10 diet?
    The 10/10 transformation is a 12 week plan written by Chad Waterbury, u basically start off with a 3 week fat loss stage, followed by a 3 week muscle stage, followed by another 3 week fat loss phase, and last another muscle stage. The idea is u lose around 10 pounds of fat, and gain 10 pounds of muscle in twelve weeks, dramatically transforming your appearance, but keeping your weight relatively around the same

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    You ARE using a 50/50 whey/micellar casein blend, right? What percentage of fat?

    And oh, one tip: V-8!! potassium and sodium, which are notably absent in the V-Diet. Give it a shot it may boost your energy and endurance. It sure did for me.

    Also the cheat isn't a psychological thing. Pizza, burgers, ice cream, etc for a day really will help the fat loss process after the first 2 weeks.
    hell yeah it will, but its advised that u only load up on those carbs for no more than 2 days, because your body has adapted to metabolizing on low carbs

    my protien of choice was true protiens Team skip 34% whey, 32% casein, 33% egg pro. good stufff

  12. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    do you have a link to the 10/10 transformation
    the 10/10 transformation is an ebook, u can get it at waterbury's website

  13. what do u guys think of supps like lean extreme, retain, furazadrol or ebol on the v-diet???
    Last edited by cranghel099; 02-07-2008 at 12:12 AM. Reason: additional product

  14. Quote Originally Posted by cranghel099 View Post
    The 10/10 transformation is a 12 week plan written by Chad Waterbury, u basically start off with a 3 week fat loss stage, followed by a 3 week muscle stage, followed by another 3 week fat loss phase, and last another muscle stage. The idea is u lose around 10 pounds of fat, and gain 10 pounds of muscle in twelve weeks, dramatically transforming your appearance, but keeping your weight relatively around the same
    Is that at all similar to the ABCDE diet from Torbjorn Akerfeldt years ago in Muscle Media? What are the differences?

  15. just got back from the gym; Im gunna go ahead and start loggin my workouts, This week im gunna trial the first phase workouts try to figure out what weight to use and such

    FULL BODY CIRCUIT WORKOUT
    8x3, 30 secs! rest
    Deadlift: 275 lbs.
    Wide Pullups: 10 lbs. hanging from my feet
    Weighted dips (hands facing inward): 25lbs.

    notes: workout felt pretty good, my work capacity has increased, probably because of all the NEPA walks ha
    Deadlifts felt fine prob. increase load by 5lbs 10 lbs next week.
    Pullups felt heavy, deff. feels different with the weight between yoru feet
    Dips felt light prob. increase load by 5lbs 10lbs next week.

  16. Might want to start a log in your own thread.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Might want to start a log in your own thread.
    errr.. huH? sorry im fairly new to this, is this not my thread?
  18. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by cranghel099 View Post
    errr.. huH? sorry im fairly new to this, is this not my thread?
    Yeah. This is YOUR thread. Don't let my man Xodus screw with your head bro. Be strong and post away.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    Yeah. This is YOUR thread. Don't let my man Xodus screw with your head bro. Be strong and post away.
    Sorry, I am an idiot. I was reading another thread and replied to this one.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Sorry, I am an idiot. I was reading another thread and replied to this one.
    hah no worries

  21. i am planning on starting v-diet next week.

  22. The problem I've had with the v-diet is feeling sick to my stomach.

    It would be so much easier to keep the calories and macro's the same if I could eat whole foods. I'm not sure what benefit liquids have over solids.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    The problem I've had with the v-diet is feeling sick to my stomach.

    It would be so much easier to keep the calories and macro's the same if I could eat whole foods. I'm not sure what benefit liquids have over solids.
    Did you use Biotest's protein or something else? I think that MD is pretty damn filling.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Did you use Biotest's protein or something else? I think that MD is pretty damn filling.
    Anything gets old quick when you have it 6 times a day.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Anything gets old quick when you have it 6 times a day.
    Yeah, I did the V-diet for 28 days, but had no problems with it. It was fast, convenient, the flavors varied and depending on the amount of water used, the consistency. I was never 'hungry or full', just satiated.

    I would be concerned if you are hating it on day 2. Usually week 2 is when it starts to suck, then it gets easier.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  26. I have my calander marked for when week two ends. I think this cheat DAY will be worth the 2 weeks of straight shakes.

  27. anyone tried it with a whole food meal each day? like chicken and broccoli or something?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    anyone tried it with a whole food meal each day? like chicken and broccoli or something?
    Then its not really the V-Diet is it? haha

    I think Shugart calls it the 'V-Diet Lite'. Search T-Nation for it, while it can be effective, you don't get the 'food changes' that are associated with the real V-Diet.

    My 'cheat' was a bowl of oatmeal and frozen blueberries.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Then its not really the V-Diet is it? haha

    I think Shugart calls it the 'V-Diet Lite'. Search T-Nation for it, while it can be effective, you don't get the 'food changes' that are associated with the real V-Diet.

    My 'cheat' was a bowl of oatmeal and frozen blueberries.
    no, i guess you are right.........it isn't!

  30. Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    no, i guess you are right.........it isn't!
    It really isn't ~that~ bad once you get into it.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  31. Is there a write up over at T-nation or pdf on it. I'd like to give it a try....maybe. I'd have to read it first
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Is there a write up over at T-nation or pdf on it. I'd like to give it a try....maybe. I'd have to read it first
    There have been several iterations of it. Lots of forum posts and 'support groups' and they even have some from the Physique Clinic on it. Gus from the clinic recounts his 'adventure' fairly in depth and had amazing results.

    Search for V-Diet and only 'articles' not the entire site and you will get more than enough info on it.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    There have been several iterations of it. Lots of forum posts and 'support groups' and they even have some from the Physique Clinic on it. Gus from the clinic recounts his 'adventure' fairly in depth and had amazing results.

    Search for V-Diet and only 'articles' not the entire site and you will get more than enough info on it.
    thanks X
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Then its not really the V-Diet is it? haha

    I think Shugart calls it the 'V-Diet Lite'. Search T-Nation for it, while it can be effective, you don't get the 'food changes' that are associated with the real V-Diet.

    My 'cheat' was a bowl of oatmeal and frozen blueberries.
    nonsense, Shugart says the velocity diet can work with one meal replacement a day. he also advises to take into consideration the amount of calories your getting from that meal.
    one of his sugggestions for meal replacement is 3 eggs w/veggies, comes out to about what a shake would be, calorie-wise

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Simpfan1278 View Post
    I have my calander marked for when week two ends. I think this cheat DAY will be worth the 2 weeks of straight shakes.

    A cheat day of high fat, high carb foods will jack your metabolism back up. If you want to continue to cut, I'd recommend going right back to a cutting diet or V diet right after the cheat and you should see some very nice results from that cheat day. But don't go low fat, seriously. Pizza, Whoppers, ice cream...all great for the cheat day to be effective.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by cranghel099 View Post
    nonsense, Shugart says the velocity diet can work with one meal replacement a day. he also advises to take into consideration the amount of calories your getting from that meal.
    one of his sugggestions for meal replacement is 3 eggs w/veggies, comes out to about what a shake would be, calorie-wise
    If this is what you are referring to:

    The Solid-Meal-Per-Day Option

    The most frequently asked question I'm getting is, "Can I eat one solid meal a day and still lose fat quickly?" Those asking have a variety of motives. Some say they'll just stick to the diet better with a solid meal option; others want a solid meal because they want to eat dinner with their families. And of course a few think the diet is just plain nuts, but they believe it'll be okay with a single solid meal a day.

    Yes, a single solid meal Velocity Diet can work, just be aware of the drawbacks:

    • The Velocity Diet is appealing because of its simplicity. Once you figure our your daily calories, you just drink shakes all day. No food log, no reading labels, no choices to make. If you add a solid meal in every day, you'll have to count the calories and adjust your shake intake. This will take a little extra time and require you to keep a food log.

    • The Velocity Diet is strict, but that very severity makes it successful. Again, there are no choices to make. You either do it or you don't. Many dieters thrive under stringent rules. Adding a solid meal lessens this strictness. Some people may not be able to handle the freedom of a solid meal. Their discipline could wane and the single healthy meal could turn into an all-you-can-eat buffet.

    But if you think the positives outweigh the negatives, then here are my recommendations for the single solid meal option:

    1) You've figured out your calorie ranges by using the formula in Part I. Let's say your non-training day limit is 1500 calories. You'll need to figure out how many total meals you're going to consume per day.

    Now, two scoops of Low-Carb Grow! plus a serving of milled flax seeds is 310 calories. Drink three of those per day and that totals 930 calories. But you'll also be consuming some fish oil capsules on this day, probably around 200 calories' worth. So that's 1130 total, leaving you 370 calories to go for your solid meal.

    Eat more or less than that for your solid meal and you'll have to adjust everything else. And if that solid meal contains a lot of fiber or healthy fats, then maybe you won't need all those fish and flax supplements, meaning you'll again have to recalculate your shakes and their content. (See, gets tricky, huh?)

    2) The solid meal can be had any time of the day, whatever fits your needs and schedule. However, breakfast is the ideal time because a larger, solid breakfast makes many people more satiated throughout the day and lessens the desire to overeat at night.

    I'd also be a little wary of making the last meal of the day your solid meal. After drinking shakes all day, even satiating ones, the temptation to overdo this solid meal could be great. It could be psychologically helpful to know your last meal of the day is a pre-planned shake, no choice about it.

    3) Here are some solid meal ideas:

    Vegetable omelet

    Grilled chicken breast and small salad

    Grilled salmon and small serving of broccoli

    Small fajita made with lean steak and low carb tortilla

    Tuna in lettuce wraps with a couple of strawberries

    In short, eat some protein and keep the carbs fibrous and under control. The daily solid meal option can be a success if you keep your caloric intake within the range provided and keep the carbs under 100 grams per day. It'll take a little more thought and work compared to the one-solid-meal-per-week option, but you can still lose fat rapidly. Many are already trying it and hopefully they'll keep us updated on the forum.


    Then yes I would agree with you, but he has also said in countless forum posts 'Don't f*ck with it', 'You won't see the 'taste/behavioral changes' that V-Dieters will', 'That's not the diet I outlined' , etc.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  37. 10 pound of muscule 10 pound fat lost.It sound to good for diet.Are they any supplement needed in this diet?.Has any one gained 10 pound muscle and lost 10 pound of fat in 10/10 diet?



    ?

  38. Quote Originally Posted by eltino View Post
    10 pound of muscule 10 pound fat lost.It sound to good for diet.Are they any supplement needed in this diet?.Has any one gained 10 pound muscle and lost 10 pound of fat in 10/10 diet?



    ?
    Yeah, there are ~some~ supplements required...

    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    If this is what you are referring to:

    The Solid-Meal-Per-Day Option

    The most frequently asked question I'm getting is, "Can I eat one solid meal a day and still lose fat quickly?" Those asking have a variety of motives. Some say they'll just stick to the diet better with a solid meal option; others want a solid meal because they want to eat dinner with their families. And of course a few think the diet is just plain nuts, but they believe it'll be okay with a single solid meal a day.

    Yes, a single solid meal Velocity Diet can work, just be aware of the drawbacks:

    • The Velocity Diet is appealing because of its simplicity. Once you figure our your daily calories, you just drink shakes all day. No food log, no reading labels, no choices to make. If you add a solid meal in every day, you'll have to count the calories and adjust your shake intake. This will take a little extra time and require you to keep a food log.

    • The Velocity Diet is strict, but that very severity makes it successful. Again, there are no choices to make. You either do it or you don't. Many dieters thrive under stringent rules. Adding a solid meal lessens this strictness. Some people may not be able to handle the freedom of a solid meal. Their discipline could wane and the single healthy meal could turn into an all-you-can-eat buffet.

    But if you think the positives outweigh the negatives, then here are my recommendations for the single solid meal option:

    1) You've figured out your calorie ranges by using the formula in Part I. Let's say your non-training day limit is 1500 calories. You'll need to figure out how many total meals you're going to consume per day.

    Now, two scoops of Low-Carb Grow! plus a serving of milled flax seeds is 310 calories. Drink three of those per day and that totals 930 calories. But you'll also be consuming some fish oil capsules on this day, probably around 200 calories' worth. So that's 1130 total, leaving you 370 calories to go for your solid meal.

    Eat more or less than that for your solid meal and you'll have to adjust everything else. And if that solid meal contains a lot of fiber or healthy fats, then maybe you won't need all those fish and flax supplements, meaning you'll again have to recalculate your shakes and their content. (See, gets tricky, huh?)

    2) The solid meal can be had any time of the day, whatever fits your needs and schedule. However, breakfast is the ideal time because a larger, solid breakfast makes many people more satiated throughout the day and lessens the desire to overeat at night.

    I'd also be a little wary of making the last meal of the day your solid meal. After drinking shakes all day, even satiating ones, the temptation to overdo this solid meal could be great. It could be psychologically helpful to know your last meal of the day is a pre-planned shake, no choice about it.

    3) Here are some solid meal ideas:

    Vegetable omelet

    Grilled chicken breast and small salad

    Grilled salmon and small serving of broccoli

    Small fajita made with lean steak and low carb tortilla

    Tuna in lettuce wraps with a couple of strawberries

    In short, eat some protein and keep the carbs fibrous and under control. The daily solid meal option can be a success if you keep your caloric intake within the range provided and keep the carbs under 100 grams per day. It'll take a little more thought and work compared to the one-solid-meal-per-week option, but you can still lose fat rapidly. Many are already trying it and hopefully they'll keep us updated on the forum.


    Then yes I would agree with you, but he has also said in countless forum posts 'Don't f*ck with it', 'You won't see the 'taste/behavioral changes' that V-Dieters will', 'That's not the diet I outlined' , etc.
    great info, X! Thanks again! I think i will do it as outlined.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    A cheat day of high fat, high carb foods will jack your metabolism back up. If you want to continue to cut, I'd recommend going right back to a cutting diet or V diet right after the cheat and you should see some very nice results from that cheat day. But don't go low fat, seriously. Pizza, Whoppers, ice cream...all great for the cheat day to be effective.
    i would think you would spend a good deal of time on the toilet after pizza, whoppers, ice cream. It kinda doesn't make sense to restrict yourself so much, get into healthy mode and then gorge on such blatantly UNHEALTHY foods. I understand your reasoning that it will rev you up, but it will also make your butt sore i think.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Velocity Diet! I Think I am going to do it!
    By oxman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 12:53 PM
  2. Road to OCT 10 SSA meet
    By jcp2 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 03:18 PM
  3. looking to drop 10 pounds or so
    By nocaster in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 06:34 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Log in
Log in