How do i detemine everything i need to know about burning fat?
- 01-09-2008, 03:09 PM
How do i detemine everything i need to know about burning fat?
I was wondering how i can determine how many calories a day i should eat and what foods to eat and etc to loose fat and keep lean mass? is there any types of easy to use calculators for this?
Also is there any way to determine body fat percentage without having a tool like a calculator or some sort?
- 04-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Well you would take your current weight break it down so if you were 200lbs with 20% bf that means you are carrying 40lbs of fat. What I would personally do is take your bodyweight and bf% that you want to be and then eat for that goal.
The main basic component of fat loss(let's not call it weight because most don't want to lose weight they want to lose fat) is:
Calories out > Calories in.
So you must burn or use more calories than you take in. For yourself as a BB'r you want to preserve muscle and burn fat so Here's what I would recommend
1. Perform early morning HIIT cardio on an empty stomach upon rising - you can sip water your energy drink with BCAA's in it to help stop catabolism - Depending on how hardcore you want to be do this anywhere from 2 times a day (upon rising then after weights) - 5 days a week - 3 times a week.
2. Work out with heavy weights - Heavy as possible always trying to either add a rep or add 5 or 10lbs to the bar. Do this 3 - 5 times a week
3. Sleep well - at least 8 - 10hrs if you can
4. Macro ratio will be something like - P / C / F - 60 / 30 / 10 - try to stick to lean meats such as chicken / fish etc and consume 1g per pound of bodyweight a day.
5. Keep healthy oils up - Fish oils / flax oils / EFA's etc should be a daily supplement and keep your intake of these quite high.
6. FFS Don't Starve Yourself - Eat every 2 -3 hrs - people don't understand that the more you cut your food intake the harder it will be to lose that fat.
7. Water - At minimum 2Gallons / 4 litres a day. This will help you mobilize your fat as well. Reducing this intake or taking in alot of pop etc can seriously impede your progress.
Last edited by neoborn; 04-01-2008 at 05:58 PM.
- 04-01-2008, 04:59 PM
04-11-2008, 12:01 AM
04-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Fitday may also help you. Not sure but I hear people rave about it.... FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet JournalOriginally Posted by AllTheWhey....baby!
04-13-2008, 11:55 AM
04-15-2008, 02:38 AM
Thanks this post helped me out too. Although i definitely dont need to cut now i will in the future.
In addition to eating less makes it harder to lose weight is because your body slows down it's metabolism when it does that therefore it pretty much automatically will speed up with more frequent, but smaller meals. Turkey's also good to add on with chicken and tuna. good luck bro
04-15-2008, 09:30 PM
04-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Keep your protein up and also give yourselves a good amount of fish oil / flax for healthy fats. This should help the fat loss process. Please don't just take this from me I am far from teh cutting king
04-21-2008, 08:00 PM
04-21-2008, 08:05 PM
05-06-2008, 01:02 AM
I.e. if you do 'x' for 'x' amount of time you will reach your goal of 'x'
So we're just plugging away. We're also rollerblading almost daily with the dogs as well for exercise. Slowly, slowly the flubber leaves.
We are both doing 40/40/20.
05-06-2008, 01:03 AM
05-06-2008, 08:34 AM
excellent posts neo.
I would be careful for the ts, that if he wants to keep lbm, not to burn too much as muscle will be taxed as well
TEAM GET DIESEL
GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COMLike us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page
05-06-2008, 09:02 AM
05-06-2008, 11:47 AM
05-26-2008, 01:18 AM
05-28-2008, 03:40 PM
05-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Neo, are you on drugs? IMO every ounce past 1 gallon exponentially decreases quality of life due to the sheer annoyance of pissing every 5 minutes. 1 ag. ED is PLENTY (unless you're on PHs or gear). I often have to quit cardio early because I have to take a leak....SOOOOO ANNOYING!
Otherwise, good post ;D
05-28-2008, 09:33 PM
05-28-2008, 09:49 PM
ouch I never noticed neo's macros before. 10% fat? my skin would be cracking and my nails brittle at that. and you start to lower your cholesterol which sounds nice up until you realize that cholesterol is what your body creates testosterone from. so too low a fat intake isn't great either. quality of fats is the critical part tho.
05-28-2008, 10:24 PM
05-29-2008, 03:22 AM
Hehehehe I was just giving him something to start with...till you pro's get here. So please take the floor guys, I am not a guru of any kind.
I know very little about dieting / macro's so please feel free to educate the OP and me
In relation to the weights I would go hard and heavy to stimulate lots of growth whether that be 6 reps / 12 reps or 15 reps. I think each of you knows your body better than I do.
I'm not here to argue but to learn like most of you so if you have better things to advise please do ....I am open to learning
I would say the aim is muscle failure....your muscle adapts to the pounds / exercises so you always challenge it with more reps / lbs / exercises to keep it always growing / attempting to adapt.
05-29-2008, 08:33 AM
05-29-2008, 01:19 PM
J/P! No, u had good comments, for realz. You just love to drink a lot of water, that's all. HE HEEE. Dat ain't not gonna killz ya, but daayyum hood, you be pissin' yo pantz a lot.
Ok, back to white: I switch up training.....high reps, lighter weight to low rep (<=6) heavy weight. I'm currently doing heavy and I'm cutting. No problems here dood!
05-29-2008, 01:23 PM
yeah, I just know that when I start going much below 40g total fat per day for any length of time, things start to go bad, and I tend to feel better at over 60g. as far as bodybuilding goes in general though, seems that lower carb works far better than lower fat to acheive fat loss.
05-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Nice responses guys! I would say that I am starting to see from others experiences that mixing it up by week or every two weeks between low rep heavy weight or high rep heavy weight may really be a good medium for growth.
05-30-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm really seeing significant improvement doing high volume - 5 sets of going to failure at 12-20 reps. doing 75 incline presses is noticeable
Similar Forum Threads
- By imuglylol in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-14-2011, 10:47 AM
- By strap135 in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 48Last Post: 04-18-2008, 08:57 PM
- By Blindfaith in forum AnabolicsReplies: 48Last Post: 05-03-2006, 07:30 AM
- By windwords7 in forum Training ForumReplies: 39Last Post: 05-12-2004, 05:48 PM
- By Blindfaith in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-13-2003, 12:08 PM