oatmeal

  1. Senior Member
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,617
    Answers
    7

    oatmeal


    need a little help fellas. oatmeal (i have quakers but most oatmeal should close)....what is the serving size (is it 1/4 or 1/2 cup) Of course i eat atleast 1/2 or more per sitting but i tossed the boxes and want to know the total calories per serving (whether it be 1/4 or 1/2) and also grams of carb per this serving. Need to keep track of calories/carb again. I think it was 1/4 cup @ 120-150 cals and upper 20's grams carb. Want exact (or close to it) Sage


  2. New Member
    Rhinoman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    48
    Posts
    158
    Answers
    0

    Originally posted by sage
    need a little help fellas. oatmeal (i have quakers but most oatmeal should close)....what is the serving size (is it 1/4 or 1/2 cup) Of course i eat atleast 1/2 or more per sitting but i tossed the boxes and want to know the total calories per serving (whether it be 1/4 or 1/2) and also grams of carb per this serving. Need to keep track of calories/carb again. I think it was 1/4 cup @ 120-150 cals and upper 20's grams carb. Want exact (or close to it) Sage
     

    According to the box is 150 calories per 1/2 cup dry,  Protein 5 g/Poly fat 1 gram/mono fat 1g/carb 27g/sugar 1g. I take one cup.

  3. Senior Member
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,617
    Answers
    7

    appreciate your help...exactly what i was looking for. Now time to fill in all the blanks i have in my food notebook (ha) but only been keeping track for just over a week. oatmeal and pb everyday, anyday. man, i put my peanut butter to work (i swear, i might eat the most pb on this board or any other... no joke) For example, when i came back to school after thanxgiving break (its been 13 days today, i brought with me a 5lb size tub of adams peanut butter, containing 71 servings @ 2tb (16g fat, 200cal) and that sucka is easily 3/4 done. im not worried by any means....just an addict. put that sucka on everything (literally....eggs, rice sometimes, and of course the standards) gross eh??!??

    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Rhinoman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    48
    Posts
    158
    Answers
    0

    Originally posted by sage
    appreciate your help...exactly what i was looking for. Now time to fill in all the blanks i have in my food notebook (ha) but only been keeping track for just over a week. oatmeal and pb everyday, anyday. man, i put my peanut butter to work (i swear, i might eat the most pb on this board or any other... no joke) For example, when i came back to school after thanxgiving break (its been 13 days today, i brought with me a 5lb size tub of adams peanut butter, containing 71 servings @ 2tb (16g fat, 200cal) and that sucka is easily 3/4 done. im not worried by any means....just an addict. put that sucka on everything (literally....eggs, rice sometimes, and of course the standards) gross eh??!??
     

    5lbs of PB, I will be looking for it Mega store, Once got  a big one(not the 5#), lady look at me like I was crazy. I do like PB I guest I eat about 1 spoon every other day.  The only things I buy in bulk are eggs(15 dozen) and chicken breast(10 lbs).

  5. Senior Member
    scotty2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,140
    Answers
    0

    I got my spoon stuck in my pb jar last night, I had to eat it out of there.

  6. New Member
    Dr of Golf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    104
    Answers
    0

    If you are ever wondering about the various values in something you will be eating .. here is a good site to check them out on.


    http://www.calorieking.com/


    Hope this offers some help.

  7. Registered User
    jweave23's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,628
    Answers
    1

    Originally posted by scotty2
    I got my spoon stuck in my pb jar last night, I had to eat it out of there.
    lol, I know the feeling Scotty. Speaking of PB, I hear some Skippy calling my name right now

     

    Anyone who hasn't tried wardog's bars, you must! PB, oatmeal, honey, and protein all in one, perfect!

  8. Senior Member
    windwords7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,318
    Answers
    0

    Going to do that soon.....try wardogs bars that is!

  9. New Member
    Dr of Golf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    104
    Answers
    0

    Originally posted by windwords7
    Going to do that soon.....try wardogs bars that is!

    Made up a batch of Wardog's protein bars last week.

    Hmmmmmm ...... Hmmmmmmm .... GOOD!!!!!!!


    Yuuuummmmmmmmyyyyy!!!!!

  10. New Member
    bachovas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    28
    Posts
    84
    Answers
    0

    Originally posted by Rhinoman

    The only things I buy in bulk are eggs(15 dozen) and chicken breast(10 lbs).
    Where?

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. oatmeal recipies
    By Beta BBer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-16-2005, 11:51 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 12:37 PM
  3. instant oatmeal
    By Beta BBer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 06:09 PM
  4. Regular oats vs. instant oatmeal
    By NPursuit in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 04:23 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in