My Weight Journey

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

My Weight Journey

After obtaining a gym membership today, I decided its time to change my life. I have uploaded pics to show you guys my current shape, its not good. I'm 6'0 263lbs, but my bodyfat is 30%. I'm out of shape, but the good thing is I'm young and motivated. I will do my best to convert myself into the best shape I can. Heres my workout routine and diet, feel free add suggestions or comments, thanks for reading:

Diet:

10am: Whey Protein with skim milk, 2 egg whites with whole wheat bread and salsa.

11am: Animal pak vitamins, salad with light tuna and fat free mayo.

11:30am: Gym: tredmill cardio, fast paced walking for 30 minutes, then dumbell lifting. Rest, then continue to do cardio on tredmill for another 30-45 minutes.

The rest of the day, I eat small meals of cottage cheese and another cup or two of whey protein shakes. My diet is very clean, no fast food, no sugar drinks, only WATER water and more water.

Any other advice, or exercises to do? I just started working out so I decided to start slow, but eventually I will work out multiple times a day.

Thanks! - Ill be sure to keep posting PROGRESS PICS as the journey continues.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.08%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hello, what does your lifting program look like? I think you would do well to make resistance training a priority.

Also, what is your post-workout protocol? Are you feeding the muscles after you lift to help you grow/recover?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Hello, what does your lifting program look like? I think you would do well to make resistance training a priority.

Also, what is your post-workout protocol? Are you feeding the muscles after you lift to help you grow/recover?

Its still early, I want to lift very slowly until I get used to it, but I go to lifetime fitness and just run tredmill and lift dumbells for a little bit, I really don't know what to do honestly, but hopefully tredmill will cut the fat.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.08%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chicagosupra View Post
    Its still early, I want to lift very slowly until I get used to it, but I go to lifetime fitness and just run tredmill and lift dumbells for a little bit, I really don't know what to do honestly, but hopefully tredmill will cut the fat.
    Arm yourself with some more information, read everything you can in the meantime. Here's a good article to get you started.
    Fat Loss Basics
  5. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chicagosupra View Post
    I agree with AB on this one. Trust me chicago, you will be so much happier with your end results my incorporating some resistance training into the mix. Your mass alone set's you up with a higher lean body mass index. Why not try and preserve that at optimal with weight training, while losing some of the fat with your cardio routine. Look over the link that AB posted and see if that doesn't sound like a good idea.

Ask away with any question you may have as well my friend.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.73%

are you starting this new lifestyle cold turkey or have you been slightly adjusting your diet to what you have posted? personally, and i know everyone will not agree but i like diet soft drinks to help with some of the cravings. i dont believe it has ever really slowed my progress down when i diet. i also agree that resistance training will make a big difference.

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Weight loss Journey so far. Need advice.
    By AdamRiggs in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 10:58 PM
  2. My weight loss journey
    By jkennedy3421 in forum Supplements
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 03:48 PM
  3. My Weight Loss Workout
    By charliewat in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 12:40 AM
  4. Please critique my weight loss results.
    By The Doberman in forum Weight Loss
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 02:25 AM
  5. is my weight staying the same because im adding muscle?
    By iwinulose2981 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 11:23 AM