Whats safe for a 16 year old!!!

  1. New Member
    SweetLou32937's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0

    Whats safe for a 16 year old!!!


    are DCP, AMP, and RPM safe for a teenager, just wondering


  2. Senior Member
    Cordeen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,262
    Answers
    0

    Considering your age, I'm pretty you're not going to get the answers you're looking for. At your age, a solid routine and a balanced diet is all you should be concerned about. Be patient and when your body has fully matured then I'd consider something else.

  3. Registered User
    milwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,460
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou32937 View Post
    are DCP, AMP, and RPM safe for a teenager, just wondering
    Search around for nutrition logs and discussions of meal planning (with supplemental protein shakes during the day). You want to get enough healthy cals for your weight and above average protein and good carbs. Your body at 16 is a calorie-burning furnace, and if properly fed, you can bulk up or cut up with ease. You can employ similar cutting tactics to older people, but you have a distinct metabolic advantage at your age. Good luck!

    •   
       

  4. New Member
    SweetLou32937's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0

    Thx guys


    thx for the advice, sadly tho im and endomorph.
    My current BF% is 14-15% at 165lbs and my diet is pretty solid with oats/whole wheat bread/veggies/fruit as my carb sources with 1 tbsp honey PWO (for 250g total cabs for the day). 280g protein from chicken, tuna, egg whites, and whey. 55g healthy fats from pb, fish oil, and flax oil. 2700 cals for the day. im looking to cut right now and was looking into a supp for down the road in about 2 months. also i do cardio 5+ times a week, 2x HIIT.

  5. New Member
    anapolack2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    45
    Answers
    0

    DIET.......at 16 i would only reccomend protien and efa supp

  6. New Member
    Socrates44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    256
    Answers
    0

    Hey man im and endo too, im glad you are taking the correct measures early, although I have a lot of good mass, i have a lot of bad mass (325lbs at 29%) body fat.

    I am on DCP right now and it is so/so. I see it more as a damage control (when you cheat) DCP actually stands for (damage control protocol).

    Try adding some sesamin and carnitine (both will help with FA mobilization and utilization as fuel sources.

    Good luck man.

  7. Advanced Member
    Jarconis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    32
    Posts
    765
    Answers
    0

    how bout ' proper hydration, better food choices, and cardio

  8. New Member
    avgBdybldr's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    263
    Answers
    0

    hey man, when i was 17, to supplement my food, all i took was whey, creatine, hmb, and bcaa's. i was a hard gainer and i put on about 35lbs with these. i realized at the time i had to eat food, and that without enough food, i was never going to grow.

  9. New Member
    SFRANGER's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    204
    Answers
    0

    Porn and beatin' the monkey are safe...

    My apologies to you for everyone that is going to say "AT SIXTEEN YOU JUST NEED TO EAT AND LIFT WEIGHTS!!" Well you probably all ready knew that much and I imagine you have a little money that you are hell bent on spending on some supplements.. so here are some real suggestions for you:
    Protein, Creatine, BCAAs, a good multi-vitamin ( IE - Animal Pak, but there are several other good brands). Those would be the first things you should buy. If you have money after that there is P-Slin ( or Anabolic Pump, Yellow Gold..they are all pretty much the same thing), maybe something for pre-workout energy for the days you need a little extra boost, IE NoXplode, redline, vasocharge, superpump, or some people just use coffee/energy drinks. Stay away from hormones and testosterone boosters. There are two categories of them and they will either be a waste of money that won't do anything for you, or you will wreck your body and you will be turned into a girl instead of developing into a man.

  10. New Member
    j0sh710's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    453
    Answers
    0

    well i am 15, turning 16 this month and i take rpm and its amazing in my opinion, i have been cutting a lot with it but i have also changed my diet. But people wont really recommend you much at your age but it does work good, your probably better without it though just because what other people say but i have no negative side effects.

  11. New Member
    truckdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    35
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by SFRANGER View Post
    Porn and beatin' the monkey are safe...

    My apologies to you for everyone that is going to say "AT SIXTEEN YOU JUST NEED TO EAT AND LIFT WEIGHTS!!" Well you probably all ready knew that much and I imagine you have a little money that you are hell bent on spending on some supplements.. so here are some real suggestions for you:
    Protein, Creatine, BCAAs, a good multi-vitamin ( IE - Animal Pak, but there are several other good brands). Those would be the first things you should buy. If you have money after that there is P-Slin ( or Anabolic Pump, Yellow Gold..they are all pretty much the same thing), maybe something for pre-workout energy for the days you need a little extra boost, IE NoXplode, redline, vasocharge, superpump, or some people just use coffee/energy drinks. Stay away from hormones and testosterone boosters. There are two categories of them and they will either be a waste of money that won't do anything for you, or you will wreck your body and you will be turned into a girl instead of developing into a man.

    right on!

  12. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by SFRANGER View Post
    Porn and beatin' the monkey are safe...

    My apologies to you for everyone that is going to say "AT SIXTEEN YOU JUST NEED TO EAT AND LIFT WEIGHTS!!" Well you probably all ready knew that much and I imagine you have a little money that you are hell bent on spending on some supplements.. so here are some real suggestions for you:
    Protein, Creatine, BCAAs, a good multi-vitamin ( IE - Animal Pak, but there are several other good brands). Those would be the first things you should buy. If you have money after that there is P-Slin ( or Anabolic Pump, Yellow Gold..they are all pretty much the same thing), maybe something for pre-workout energy for the days you need a little extra boost, IE NoXplode, redline, vasocharge, superpump, or some people just use coffee/energy drinks. Stay away from hormones and testosterone boosters. There are two categories of them and they will either be a waste of money that won't do anything for you, or you will wreck your body and you will be turned into a girl instead of developing into a man.
    I would disagree with that suggestion as a rep for USP. I would really nail your diet in before using those.

    I respect the sentiment you're expressing to the kid, but completely disagree with it. Body type hindrances can all be worked around. If you're an Endo, that takes a little more dedication.

  13. Senior Member
    RoidRageX10's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,692
    Answers
    0

    Diet:

    Eat A LOT, but in healthy amounts of:

    Lean Protein - Fish, Turkey, Chicken, 93/7 Beef, and good protein powders
    Complex Carbs - Oats, Wheats, Natural Yogurt, and Wild Rice along with nutritous veggies and fruits.
    Fats - Go for polyunsaturated, monounsaturated, and avoid saturated fats. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is great along with nuts, Flax seed oil, and coconut oil.

    -Eat 5-8 Small Meals a day.
    -Consume 20-30g Protein every 2 - 4 hours
    -Limit carb intake after 5 PM unless you workout later in the day.
    -Cut the Crap and stay on track. If you want a good body, eat good food. If you want to look like a summo wrestler, keep eating dem twinkies.

    -If you are looking to GAIN MASS, slowy increase your calorie intake. Try 200-300 OVER your maintence amount of calories every 2 weeks and see what is working. You may also need to add more if nothing is happening.

    -If you are trying to BURN FAT, slowy decrease your food consumption, and do intense Cardio such as HITT. Eat 200-300 Calories BELOW your maintence level and find your 'sweet spot'

    You can choose/rotate/cycle diets such as these:

    -33/33/33 -split - Carbs/Protein/Fat
    -40/40/20 split - Carbs/Protein/Fat
    -Anabolic Diet (lots of fat, low carbs)
    -CKD, TKD (Low Carbs, Carb Cycling
    -50/40/10 split - Protein, Carbs, Fat

    Training:

    -Aim for an intesne workout that lasts about 30-60 minutes.
    -Do COMPOUND Exericses that unleash test - Squat, Deadlift, and Bench

    I personally love doing a few warm up set, acclimation set, and then do 2-3 HEAVY sets of 4-6 reps with good form. But there are so many variations to choose from. However, try to avoid bodybuilding magizines.

    There are many different training philosphy's to try. Do some research and see what you like.
    You may come accross:

    -MadCow 5x5
    -3x3 Strength Routine
    -WS4SB
    -Common 10-12 reps, 4 sets, Bodybuilder routine
    -4-6 Strength/Mass Building
    -German Volume Training (GVT)
    -Ripetoe

    Sleep:

    You need sleep to grow. You stimulate in the gym, and grow in the kitchen and when you rest. Aim for 8-10 hours of non-broken up SLEEP!

    Supplements:

    -Multi-Vitamin
    -Fish Oil
    -Vitamin C
    -Protein Shakes (1-3/day)
    -Micronized Creatine Monohydrate (Search for different dosages. There are many to choose from)
    -BCAA's (bulk fron nutraplanet, Xtend, or Purple Wraath)
    -Maybe a pre-workout stimulant. But ask yourself, Do I feel TOO tired to lift, or can I do this on my own?

    We really don't need anything more. I however, still stray away from the basics becuase I love trying new supplements. Its a hobby, to be quite honest (somewhat expensive too).

    Now, I am NOT saying supplements don't work, but I AM saying that some people depend on them WAY TOO MUCH. If you hit a roadbloack, gains are slow to none, and you need a slight "boost", you may want to consider some new supplements...

    There are many companies that I personally feel are top notch, to name a few:

    -Applied Nut. - RPM and Drive
    -Palo Alto Labs - Leviathan
    -Controlled Labs -Green Bulge/White Blood
    -Ultimate Nutrition - Kre-Alkalyn
    -Cytosport - Complete Whey Protein
    -MST - Shred-XS
    -Nutraplanet's bulk supplies - creatine
    -USP Labs
    -RPN - Java Lather Soap (Not a supplement, still a good company)
    -Sciviation


    Those are just a few, but there are so many. I am no rep for any of them, but I have tried some of those companies products and they back what they say up. In addition, many people have tried these companies products as well and they have seen results.


    Recap:

    -Eat Right
    -Train Hard!
    -Sleep
    -Take supplements ONLY as needed

  14. New Member
    mawalega's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    87
    Answers
    0

    damn dude your 15 and taking RPN? meaning havoc?.... no words-->

  15. Senior Member
    RoidRageX10's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,692
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mawalega View Post
    damn dude your 15 and taking RPN? meaning havoc?.... no words-->
    Yes, I make a long, informative post just so somebody can assume I'm taking Havoc..Good call.

    I have taken RPN's products, but not their actual supplements. I am currently taking Java Lather Soap.

  16. Advanced Member
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Answers
    0

    a 16 year old can eat carbs after 5pm, that rule is such bull****.

  17. Senior Member
    RoidRageX10's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,692
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    a 16 year old can eat carbs after 5pm, that rule is such bull****.
    I've always wondered about that. Why would carbs be bad after a ceartin time if the body is a machine constanley burning fuel 24/7. I only put that in there because I have seen it on Am a few times and thought it MIGHT be useful.

  18. Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Answers
    1

    It's not like there's anything magic about 5PM or 6PM that makes any carbs consumed after that point more susceptible to inducing fat gain. There are a lot of variables.

  19. New Member
    j0sh710's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    453
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    Diet:

    Eat A LOT, but in healthy amounts of:

    Lean Protein - Fish, Turkey, Chicken, 93/7 Beef, and good protein powders
    Complex Carbs - Oats, Wheats, Natural Yogurt, and Wild Rice along with nutritous veggies and fruits.
    Fats - Go for polyunsaturated, monounsaturated, and avoid saturated fats. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is great along with nuts, Flax seed oil, and coconut oil.

    -Eat 5-8 Small Meals a day.
    -Consume 20-30g Protein every 2 - 4 hours
    -Limit carb intake after 5 PM unless you workout later in the day.
    -Cut the Crap and stay on track. If you want a good body, eat good food. If you want to look like a summo wrestler, keep eating dem twinkies.

    -If you are looking to GAIN MASS, slowy increase your calorie intake. Try 200-300 OVER your maintence amount of calories every 2 weeks and see what is working. You may also need to add more if nothing is happening.

    -If you are trying to BURN FAT, slowy decrease your food consumption, and do intense Cardio such as HITT. Eat 200-300 Calories BELOW your maintence level and find your 'sweet spot'

    You can choose/rotate/cycle diets such as these:

    -33/33/33 -split - Carbs/Protein/Fat
    -40/40/20 split - Carbs/Protein/Fat
    -Anabolic Diet (lots of fat, low carbs)
    -CKD, TKD (Low Carbs, Carb Cycling
    -50/40/10 split - Protein, Carbs, Fat

    Training:

    -Aim for an intesne workout that lasts about 30-60 minutes.
    -Do COMPOUND Exericses that unleash test - Squat, Deadlift, and Bench

    I personally love doing a few warm up set, acclimation set, and then do 2-3 HEAVY sets of 4-6 reps with good form. But there are so many variations to choose from. However, try to avoid bodybuilding magizines.

    There are many different training philosphy's to try. Do some research and see what you like.
    You may come accross:

    -MadCow 5x5
    -3x3 Strength Routine
    -WS4SB
    -Common 10-12 reps, 4 sets, Bodybuilder routine
    -4-6 Strength/Mass Building
    -German Volume Training (GVT)
    -Ripetoe

    Sleep:

    You need sleep to grow. You stimulate in the gym, and grow in the kitchen and when you rest. Aim for 8-10 hours of non-broken up SLEEP!

    Supplements:

    -Multi-Vitamin
    -Fish Oil
    -Vitamin C
    -Protein Shakes (1-3/day)
    -Micronized Creatine Monohydrate (Search for different dosages. There are many to choose from)
    -BCAA's (bulk fron nutraplanet, Xtend, or Purple Wraath)
    -Maybe a pre-workout stimulant. But ask yourself, Do I feel TOO tired to lift, or can I do this on my own?

    We really don't need anything more. I however, still stray away from the basics becuase I love trying new supplements. Its a hobby, to be quite honest (somewhat expensive too).

    Now, I am NOT saying supplements don't work, but I AM saying that some people depend on them WAY TOO MUCH. If you hit a roadbloack, gains are slow to none, and you need a slight "boost", you may want to consider some new supplements...

    There are many companies that I personally feel are top notch, to name a few:

    -Applied Nut. - RPM and Drive
    -Palo Alto Labs - Leviathan
    -Controlled Labs -Green Bulge/White Blood
    -Ultimate Nutrition - Kre-Alkalyn
    -Cytosport - Complete Whey Protein
    -MST - Shred-XS
    -Nutraplanet's bulk supplies - creatine
    -USP Labs
    -RPN - Java Lather Soap (Not a supplement, still a good company)
    -Sciviation


    Those are just a few, but there are so many. I am no rep for any of them, but I have tried some of those companies products and they back what they say up. In addition, many people have tried these companies products as well and they have seen results.


    Recap:

    -Eat Right
    -Train Hard!
    -Sleep
    -Take supplements ONLY as needed

    very good post man, i learned from that even, thats really all you need to know, if you know all that stuff and just stick with it and stay commited and quite cheating your on you way to success, the whole thing with bodybuilding is to stay commited and follow some basic rules, idc if your takeing all these supps, but if ur not doing it right your not going to be gaining like you could. Most important thing is food, training, and rest, then supplements can just help maximize gains even more. There are always little things that will help maximize your gains but if you have the main things down you will still make some great gains.

    Rest, Good Diet, and good intense training

  20. Advanced Member
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    I've always wondered about that. Why would carbs be bad after a ceartin time if the body is a machine constanley burning fuel 24/7. I only put that in there because I have seen it on Am a few times and thought it MIGHT be useful.

    Well people say that because if carbs are not used they turn to fat, but any excess calories not used are turned to fat so if you are at a caloric deficit 1 hour before bed then eating 400cals of carbs will not put on any fat as your body has already burned more calories then you taken in at that point at time.

  21. New Member
    zachconley123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    66
    Answers
    0

    stick with prohormones..jk hahahahaha

  22. New Member
    eazy90's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    74
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by zachconley123 View Post
    stick with prohormones..jk hahahahaha
    GOOD ONE!!

  23. New Member
    Nemesis RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    44
    Posts
    84
    Answers
    0

    Peanut butter and jelley sandwiches with milk before bed along with hard workouts. You will grow like a weed. I am not joking you need the calories.

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Any ph's safe for a 19 year old?
    By Trical in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 06:25 AM
  3. Supplements ok for 16 year old?
    By jumpshot903 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 10:50 PM
  4. Is it safe for a 17 year old to go on jungle warfare?
    By Inchamery in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 01:33 AM
  5. Safe fat burner for my 50 year old mom?
    By RoboGiblets in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in