Morning Cardio and BCAA - AnabolicMinds.com

Morning Cardio and BCAA

  1. edwards's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    480

    Reputation

    Morning Cardio and BCAA


    Okie dokie I'm going to start morning cardio 3x a week at 60-65% Max HR for 25-30 minutes. I am going to take 2 Lipotrophin AM and BCAAs 1/2 hour before my run/jog.

    How much BCAA should I take? 1 tablespoon of the bulk powder is 6.4 grams.


    Thanks. I'm around 16% BF now and want to get to 12ish. Woot

  2. jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3915

    Reputation

    None.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  3. C' Dale Rider13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    124

    Reputation

    whats up edward, I was in the same boat as your in about a month ago and this is what I came up with from another post I read.

    The best pre fasted cardio stack is
    5grams leucine
    20mgs Forskolin
    200mgs caffiene
    500mgs Green tea
    1000mgs ALCAR
    2 caps New PowerFULL

    I been using the above and it is amazing. PowerFULL increases HGH and morning fasted cardio increases HGH to liberate and burn fat.

    One of the best times to use powerFULL besides pre workout or pre sleep.

    I would not use BCAA's until after cardio because you risk gluconeogenisis which one would not want.

    Keep the cardio low intensity (3.5MPH at a 3-5% incline for 30-45 minutes).

    Wait 30 minutes(Take a shower) than eat. I would consume BCAAs with meal or shake.

    Hope this help, good luck.

    David

    How much BCAA should I take? 1 tablespoon of the bulk powder is 6.4 grams.


    Thanks. I'm around 16% BF now and want to get to 12ish. Woot [/QUO
    •   
       

  4. Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    801

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    None.
    I like this version better.
  5. waimoku's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    Okie dokie I'm going to start morning cardio 3x a week at 60-65% Max HR for 25-30 minutes. I am going to take 2 Lipotrophin AM and BCAAs 1/2 hour before my run/jog.

    How much BCAA should I take? 1 tablespoon of the bulk powder is 6.4 grams.


    Thanks. I'm around 16% BF now and want to get to 12ish. Woot
    Read the thread: POWERFULL before fasted AM Cardio

    It has some info on BCAAs and AM cardio... specifically using leucine and not the mix of BCAAs.
  6. jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3915

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by C' Dale Rider13 View Post
    I would not use BCAA's until after cardio because you risk gluconeogenisis which one would not want.
    Not a risk. Pretty much a guarentee with fasted am cardio.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  7. edwards's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    480

    Reputation

    Ok great info. Thanks. I'd add the BCAAs to crystal light and just sip on them throughout the day.
  8. Urban Monk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,461
    Rep Power
    14384

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    Not a risk. Pretty much a guarentee with fasted am cardio.
    So what would you recommend jon?
  9. jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3915

    Reputation

    Actually, if kept at or around 60% or less MHR fasted is fine IMO. If you are planning more intense cardio then carbs are needed.

    Either way a small protein shake won't do any harm.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  10. beebab's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    320

    Reputation

    if you are doing low intensity cardio, BCAAs are not necessarily needed b/c your body will prefer to use stored fats as fuel. drinking lots of BCAAs for "fasted" cardio will defeat the purpose of doing "fasted" cardio b/c those aminos will generally be converted to glucose through gluconeogenesis. hence, you will burn the aminos in place of fat

    for HIIT BCAAs would serve a purpose as they would tend to be utilized for fuel. otherwise, i say wake up drink some water and do a moderate pace jog or brisk walk for about 20-30 min, then eat a well-balanced breakfast. catabolism won't be critical during this period, as long as you eat directly afterward
  11. waimoku's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    if you are doing low intensity cardio, BCAAs are not necessarily needed b/c your body will prefer to use stored fats as fuel. drinking lots of BCAAs for "fasted" cardio will defeat the purpose of doing "fasted" cardio b/c those aminos will generally be converted to glucose through gluconeogenesis. hence, you will burn the aminos in place of fat

    for HIIT BCAAs would serve a purpose as they would tend to be utilized for fuel. otherwise, i say wake up drink some water and do a moderate pace jog or brisk walk for about 20-30 min, then eat a well-balanced breakfast. catabolism won't be critical during this period, as long as you eat directly afterward
    Although most BCAA are gluconegenic, Leucine is not.

    Originally Posted by USPLabs
    BCAA's can be turned into glucose via gluconeogenisis. Leucine alone from my understanding can not but leucine forces protein synthesis.
    I asked tha Amino Acid Master and it's been validated. It was tha first I actually heard of it.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by str8flexed
    valine: gluconeogenic
    isoleucine: gluconeogenic and ketogenic
    leucine: ketogenic
  12. jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3915

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    for HIIT BCAAs would serve a purpose as they would tend to be utilized for fuel.
    only as an expensive glucose source.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  13. beebab's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    320

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by waimoku View Post
    Although most BCAA are gluconegenic, Leucine is not.

    Originally Posted by USPLabs
    BCAA's can be turned into glucose via gluconeogenisis. Leucine alone from my understanding can not but leucine forces protein synthesis.
    I asked tha Amino Acid Master and it's been validated. It was tha first I actually heard of it.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by str8flexed
    valine: gluconeogenic
    isoleucine: gluconeogenic and ketogenic
    leucine: ketogenic
    can you clarify what you mean by leucine being "ketogenic?" does this imply that leucine itself will then convert to fat?

    i doubt Leucine's ability to engender significant fat burning during morning cardio. yes, it does AID in protein synthesis, but this is best before and after a heavy weight workout as the Leucine will reduce the degradation of proteins within muscle. muscles break down during heavy resistance exercise, not necessarily during a modest fasted cardio session.

    from personal experience, i get full and bloated after taking a high dose of Leucine (10+ grams)...
  14. waimoku's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    can you clarify what you mean by leucine being "ketogenic?" does this imply that leucine itself will then convert to fat?

    i doubt Leucine's ability to engender significant fat burning during morning cardio. yes, it does AID in protein synthesis, but this is best before and after a heavy weight workout as the Leucine will reduce the degradation of proteins within muscle. muscles break down during heavy resistance exercise, not necessarily during a modest fasted cardio session.

    from personal experience, i get full and bloated after taking a high dose of Leucine (10+ grams)...
    please refer to http://bodybuilding.com/fun/beast11.htm

    Personally I don't take 10+ grams. I usually only shoot for 4-5 grams in the am before fasted cardio. Also taking Leucine is not to "engender significant fat burning", it is to prevent muscle catabolism; I take DCP in addition to do that. Also my fasted am cardio is mostly moderate pace (45 minutes at ~130 HR) with some HIIT mixed in (usually 10-15 minutes in the above 45 minutes - heart rate approximately up to 150+).
  15. beebab's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    320

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by waimoku View Post
    please refer to http://bodybuilding.com/fun/beast11.htm

    Personally I don't take 10+ grams. I usually only shoot for 4-5 grams in the am before fasted cardio. Also taking Leucine is not to "engender significant fat burning", it is to prevent muscle catabolism; I take DCP in addition to do that. Also my fasted am cardio is mostly moderate pace (45 minutes at ~130 HR) with some HIIT mixed in (usually 10-15 minutes in the above 45 minutes - heart rate approximately up to 150+).
    my bad, I didn't exactly explain myself too clearly. supposing Leucine is ketogenic, what I meant by "fat burning" was that Leucine would help set off a signal in the body to burn more adipose tissue. what i am saying is that i doubt Leucine's ability to do this on its own, w/o first seeing some clinical studies proving this true.

    grant it, a couple grams before morning cardio will not hurt to prevent muscle catabolism. but my basic argument is that one should not be so worried about muscle breakdown during a "light-moderate" fasted cardio, as long as the sessions are kept to a minimum (i.e. 15-20 min max) and you ingest a well-balanced, complete breakfast directly afterward. BCAAs would really only serve a significant purpose if one is doing HIIT or fast-paced cardio, where the fuel provided by the BCAAs would prevent significant muscle catabolism during that highly intensive w/o period. although, in this context, you're better off eating some kind of carbohydrate for fuel

    BCAAs serve a purpose. i just think they're overrated in terms of using them to "quickly blunt catabolism dead in its tracks" so to speak. research shows that if you supplement with a modest amount of BCAAs pre workout, they will help reduce protein breakdown within muscles. by the same token during PWO, it stands to reason, they will also help expedite recovery.

    if you use them at any other time they're just extra cals that you're likely to piss out
  16. jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3915

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    although, in this context, you're better off eating some kind of carbohydrate for fuel
    Now your on point.

    Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    if you use them at any other time they're just extra cals that you're likely to piss out
    Actually, you'll only piss out amino acids if you have some sort of renal dysfunction or genetic disorder.. They'll be utilized one way or another.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  17. Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74317

    Reputation Reputation

    Have any of you considered HMB before your morning cardio? Since leucine sounds like a great amino to take in before hand, would a metabolite of leucine also have good effects?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Food after morning training and BCAA question
    By feather319 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 10:47 PM
  2. Kre-alkalyn (creatine) and morning cardio
    By Sebasturea in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 10:11 PM
  3. morning cardio and protein shake?
    By saafanco in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 08:59 PM
  4. Lipoderm-Y and Morning Cardio....
    By Super Tri's in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO