staying cut

1. Registered User

staying cut

soo theoretically if you think about it... if i want to get cut and drop my calorie intake and work out and lets say i get my self low in body fat and shredded up.. after i reach that point i can go back to my maintenance calories instead of staying lower and still stay with the same look correct? or no

2. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

genetics!!!!!!!...i eat my ass off and NEVER gain fat!!!....play the hand your delt,and do the best you can!....
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    genetics!!!!!!!...i eat my ass off and NEVER gain fat!!!
    ...And that's why I hate you, Trip.
    •   

4. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    sorry..but my dad looks about similar to me,....dude is huge and cut like a razorblade!!!!!....(trauma can back me on that,or check my myspace)My brother is a dam beast!!! ....if you were ment to be a bodybuilder....you would have known a long time ago!...........genetics!...... .nuf said......it dont matter what you take...if it's not ment for you,it's not ment for you!!!!!(not u r-pen)....but most
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  5. Registered User

sorry..but my dad looks about similar to me,....dude is huge and cut like a razorblade!!!!!....(trauma can back me on that,or check my myspace)My brother is a dam beast!!! ....if you were ment to be a bodybuilder....you would have known a long time ago!...........genetics!...... .nuf said......it dont matter what you take...if it's not ment for you,it's not ment for you!!!!!(not u r-pen)....but most
    yeahh i dont take anything and i got real good genetics.. im naturally 5 11 210 pounds and can bench like 300.. thats with not working out and eating anything i want.. i usually dont gain weight either.. i just want to get real cut up.. im defined.. i just want that killer 6 pack thats all
  6. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by s7mgte View Post
    yeahh i dont take anything and i got real good genetics.. im naturally 5 11 210 pounds and can bench like 300.. thats with not working out and eating anything i want.. i usually dont gain weight either.. i just want to get real cut up.. im defined.. i just want that killer 6 pack thats all
    cardio,and diet is your answer!!!!!...nothing else!
  7. Registered User

cardio,and diet is your answer!!!!!...nothing else!
    yea ahha i know but the thing is i still want to get stronger and bigger too. i dont want tolose muscle like everyone says you do when doing cardio and not eating enough calories
  8. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor

soo theoretically if you think about it... if i want to get cut and drop my calorie intake and work out and lets say i get my self low in body fat and shredded up.. after i reach that point i can go back to my maintenance calories instead of staying lower and still stay with the same look correct? or no

Body composition is a continuous process. You can't just burn the fat and think you can go back to your old habits (even though this seems to be a VERY common misconception). It's those habits that are making you so that you're NOT CUT. Make sense?

You're best bet is to make small cuts/adjustements in your diet and training until you find something that works good for you.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Haha I know, I was just joking cuz I was a fat kid so I gotta stay strict with my diet yearround.
  10. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Haha I know, I was just joking cuz I was a fat kid so I gotta stay strict with my diet yearround.
    doin good bro!!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

He,he......... Me toooooooo!!
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Body composition is a continuous process. You can't just burn the fat and think you can go back to your old habits (even though this seems to be a VERY common misconception). It's those habits that are making you so that you're NOT CUT. Make sense?

You're best bet is to make small cuts/adjustements in your diet and training until you find something that works good for you.
    yeaa.makes perfect sense.. i just want to get my bench up to like maybe 320-330 or so and drop like 10-15 pounds and be shredded. ive been lifting everyday almost for the past few weeks. and eating pretty decent
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Genetics... hmmm... Genetics gave me arms the size of trains, but I've always had to work hard to maintain. I'd say that things are different now, because I don't worry or stress things at all (thanks Relora).

My typical meals everyday:

Morning: 8 egg whites, peppers, onions, mushrooms, basil omelette with 2 pieces of Ezekiel toast and a little organic jelly

Brunch: chicken, a little rice, lettuce, tomato, and a side of steamed carrots

Lunch: Same as brunch

Post Workout or Post HIIT cardio: 50 grams whey isolate, small banana, 2 pieces Ezekiel toast (honey added if after weight training)

Dinner: Fish, beans, veggies

Snack: Shake or cottage cheese with fish oil

My meals are flexible and I don't have to train at the same time everyday or whatnot, but my sleep is PERFECT, stress is at absolute zero, and I have a good staple stack and take a lot of DIFFERENT anti-oxidants. My workouts are executed with disgustingly good precision as well and are done in a HIT, full body manner.

Yeah... if your genetics aren't perfect, work hard at it and find your niche. I know many with great genetics who eat fastfood and workout like semi-functional retards and still look good. Whatever
    Freedom means nothing here.
  14. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

yeaa.makes perfect sense.. i just want to get my bench up to like maybe 320-330 or so and drop like 10-15 pounds and be shredded. ive been lifting everyday almost for the past few weeks. and eating pretty decent
    the fact is that as your bodyweight and bf% change your maintenance calories also change. so you can't "go back to" the old calories, you need to work out what maintenance will be at the new weight....
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. Registered User

true and untrue.. the more muscle mass u pak on.. the mroe calories your muscles will burn, therefore if your huge.. you should hold off bodyfat easier also.. and you look fairly big my friend..

16. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    true and untrue.. the more muscle mass u pak on.. the mroe calories your muscles will burn, therefore if your huge.. you should hold off bodyfat easier also.. and you look fairly big my friend..

thanks
  17. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post

You're basing that off of what you've seen on the cover of MuscleMag. Watch the World's Strongest Man Competition, and let me know how all those guys can have all that muscle, and the only one who's cut-looking in Marius.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Staying cut IMO means being happy, managing stress, intensifying your exercises in fun, strenuous (but not over-exertion), getting plenty of sleep, and self-actualizing yourself. Your lifestyle should be based on a wholesome nutritious, long-term eating plan and a vigorous, fun fulfilling activity agenda.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  19. Registered User

i have found it rather easy to maintain a weight once i reach it. you have to maintain a solid diet and keep up with your cardio if you are prone to gaining fat quickly. gone are the days of trying to put on 20 or 30 pounds to "bulk up" keep your diet strict and make smaller leaner gains that are keepable and in this case no worries of excess bf

and yes that is me in my avatar looking big..hehehe
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM
  2. Getting cut, staying stong, maintaining weight
    By natedogg151 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 10:06 AM
  3. best cutting agent to stay anabolic?
    By Mike1605 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19