Shopping List

  1. Shopping List


    What's up everyone... I"m 5"9' and about 260. I don't know my BF % but I'm sure it's high.

    I am a frequenter of the gym, and I like the feeling that I get when I go. My major problem is obviously my diet.

    So my question for you all, is can I get a little help with a shopping list.

    I understand protien, and good fats, but I just don't know what to buy when I'm at the store.

    I am a computer technician, and I stay on the road a lot, so my meals are kinda hard to come by, unless they come out of a window....so I think ya'll can see the point here.

    Any ideas, and I'm all ears..

    Thanks in advance for the help!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by michaeljannis View Post
    What's up everyone... I"m 5"9' and about 260. I don't know my BF % but I'm sure it's high.

    I am a frequenter of the gym, and I like the feeling that I get when I go. My major problem is obviously my diet.

    So my question for you all, is can I get a little help with a shopping list.

    I understand protien, and good fats, but I just don't know what to buy when I'm at the store.

    I am a computer technician, and I stay on the road a lot, so my meals are kinda hard to come by, unless they come out of a window....so I think ya'll can see the point here.

    Any ideas, and I'm all ears..

    Thanks in advance for the help!


    Here you go, this should get you started:

    The Top 30 T-Nation Diet Articles

    http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=629609


    or all of Diet and Nutrition Articles:

    http://www.t-nation.com/archives.do?...etAndNutrition



    I realize some people don't like John Berardi, and several of those articles are his, but there is some great info in there.

    I know you wanted a 'shopping list', but if you aren't willing to do a little homework to understand the 'why' of 'what' is on that list, I don't think that you would stick to a 'diet'.


    BTW, my 'staples' are in no particular order:


    Chicken Breasts
    Broccoli
    Spinach
    Old Fashioned Oatmeal
    Brown Rice (Long Grain, not instant)
    Bananas
    FF Cottage Cheese
    Natural PB
    FF Organic Milk
    Turkey (Ground/Patties/Links/Breast Filet)
    Ground Beef (on occasion)
    Eye of Round (steak!)
    Salmon (Canned/Filets/Frozen)
    Tilapia or Orange Roughy Filets
    Frozen Shrimp
    Eggs / Egg Beaters
    Frozen Veg (Peppers/Onions)
    Frozen Blueberries
    Canned Pineapple
    Tuna (Canned/Filets/Frozen)


    I cook lots of food 3x/week, my rice cooker was my best purchase ever, I love Mrs. Dash, and I should have bought stock in Tupperware.




    hth,

    X
  3. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by michaeljannis View Post
    What's up everyone... I"m 5"9' and about 260. I don't know my BF % but I'm sure it's high.

    I am a frequenter of the gym, and I like the feeling that I get when I go. My major problem is obviously my diet.

    So my question for you all, is can I get a little help with a shopping list.

    I understand protien, and good fats, but I just don't know what to buy when I'm at the store.

    I am a computer technician, and I stay on the road a lot, so my meals are kinda hard to come by, unless they come out of a window....so I think ya'll can see the point here.

    Any ideas, and I'm all ears..

    Thanks in advance for the help!
    for the geek on the go, the flat packs of starkist or other tunas are a must have in your backpack. For carbs, something whole grain or as near to that as you can is good. Check the south beach diet bars out, those are nice. carrots and celery keep ok for a single day at a time.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   
       


  4. Thanks guys....really appreciate the info. I guess i'm just a little impatient and want to see results much faster.

    It's much easier to give up and get de-railed.

    thanks again
  5. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Start a log. both for yourself and for others. When you start keeping track of details, it seems more real, and you can look back on your progress over time. Its a marathon, not a sprint
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  6. Quote Originally Posted by michaeljannis View Post
    Thanks guys....really appreciate the info. I guess i'm just a little impatient and want to see results much faster.

    It's much easier to give up and get de-railed.

    thanks again
    This is a marathon, not a sprint.


    Take pictures weekly. It helps with motivation when you need it the most. Sometimes you will see nothing on the scale or in the mirror, but the pictures week to week/month to month show progress.

    X

  7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Start a log. both for yourself and for others. When you start keeping track of details, it seems more real, and you can look back on your progress over time. Its a marathon, not a sprint
    Great minds think alike!




    X
  8. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    how funny!
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  9. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    I'm all tapped out on reps for the day, remind me tomorrow
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Shopping List....
    By rootyhill in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 06:08 AM
  2. Make My shopping List
    By Kam in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 01:44 PM
  3. Shopping List
    By Cuffs in forum Recipes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 04:52 PM
  4. Shopping List/Routine
    By TheCSWFighter in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 02:07 AM
  5. Shopping Lists
    By MadChild in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Log in
Log in