ketosis dreams - AnabolicMinds.com

Poll: Do you experience vivid dreams on ketosis?

ketosis dreams

1. Registered User

Question ketosis dreams

I just read that one side effect of ketosis is vivid unpleasant dreams, looking into it, the dreams seem to consist of being chased or eating carbs.

Is there any way out of experiencing these dreams as its a deal breaker for me.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

So far I have none of those.
  3. Registered User

I read some low carb forums, and it seemed a lot of people had them but no one posted that they dont have them, so your post is a bit of a relief.

I remember a while ago when I was on a low fat diet and I had quit caffeine at the same time I eventually started getting vivid dreams, I tried food elimination but never figured it out, they eventually went away after acouple of weeks of going off the diet.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

The worst part of it all for me is feeling hungry all the time. I had weird dreams on ZMT but not any other time. I sleep well actually, its relief from the hunger
  5. Registered User

Thats strange cause cutting carbs is suppose to make you less hungry, I wasnt hungry at all today, then I started getting lightheaded and panicky so I made the mistake of having 1 measily biscut(5grams carbs high GI) and I felt hungry for the next 4 hours and didnt feel carb deprived at all.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Well for me I think its because I'm below my setpoint. So my body goes into hunger mode to compensate.
  7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    Thats strange cause cutting carbs is suppose to make you less hungry, I wasnt hungry at all today, then I started getting lightheaded and panicky so I made the mistake of having 1 measily biscut(5grams carbs high GI) and I felt hungry for the next 4 hours and didnt feel carb deprived at all.

sounds to me like your blood sugar level might have been a bit low.
  8. Registered User

Yep, I have been on only 20 grams of carbs past couple days, just before bed to help me sleep, whats strange is I havent dropped a lot of weight like I expected from dropping carbs, I thought I would lose some more water weight. I have gone from 150g carbs to 20g and Ive lost about 1lb in 3 days but I do get weightloss in spurts today Im 1lb heavier than 2 days ago so it will be interested to see where I am at next weight drop.
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    Yep, I have been on only 20 grams of carbs past couple days, just before bed to help me sleep, whats strange is I havent dropped a lot of weight like I expected from dropping carbs, I thought I would lose some more water weight. I have gone from 150g carbs to 20g and Ive lost about 1lb in 3 days but I do get weightloss in spurts today Im 1lb heavier than 2 days ago so it will be interested to see where I am at next weight drop.
    I do a very low carb diet < 20 grams every spring to get a little leaner for the summer and I have never had any problems with sleep/dreams. I can get a little hypo initially but I adapt after a week or so and have no issues. Mabey doing 20 grams all at once before bed isn't the besy bet try spreading them out differently. I eat lean meats and eggs only and all my carbs comes from peanut butter 6 grams per 2 tbs I eat it right off the spoon or mixed in a shake.
  10. New Member

When I did keto in the spring, I noticed the same things you did such as unpleasant dreams, slipping strength, and general malaise. Though it did work for fat loss. I would always have terrible dreams that made no sense at all, and were terribly confusing.
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by amicold View Post
    When I did keto in the spring, I noticed the same things you did such as unpleasant dreams, slipping strength, and general malaise. Though it did work for fat loss. I would always have terrible dreams that made no sense at all, and were terribly confusing.
    Any time I do a ketogenic diet I notice loss of strength,energy and endurance in the gym. I've never heard of anyone having ketosis dreams,tren dreams/sweats for sure but not ketosis dreams.
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    Any time I do a ketogenic diet I notice loss of strength,energy and endurance in the gym. I've never heard of anyone having ketosis dreams,tren dreams/sweats for sure but not ketosis dreams.
    It might not have been a direct result of keto, I was on sesamin and Scorch as well so something in the Scorch perhaps? I don't know, I do know that I never dream, or if I do I don't remember them. But when I did keto I could recall several a night.
  13. Banned

I do.. but I also have to admit I have wierd dreams quite frequently.
  14. Senior Member

Rats eating my hands. Running from police.
    Last 2 nights keto dreams have been awesome.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    Rats eating my hands. Running from police.
    Last 2 nights keto dreams have been awesome.
    thats the spirit! look at them as a form of entertainment, like going to the movies and not spending $20 on a ticket and a diet coke.
  16. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

At least its not dreams of being chased by pizzas and country fried steaks! like mine are.

I haven't noticed them be any weirder than usual. I'm only 3 days in now, but in ketosis. Is it just me, or does it feel odd to eat so little protein?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  300 lbs.

I have been on a very low carb diet and I have vivid dreams off and on. The latest was a crazy sex dream (go figure).

Similar Forum Threads

1. Citric acid/ ketosis
    By Rhapsody in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 09:32 PM
  2. Do all low-carb diets rely on ketosis for results?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 07:04 PM
  3. Post your *Dream* cycle!
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-11-2003, 05:59 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 10:31 PM
  5. Dream Supplement Formulations...
    By Sheesh in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18