Help /w fasted AM cardio...

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Help /w fasted AM cardio...

I don't exactly live in a jog friendly environment where I can roll out of bed and go jogging. And by the time I get ready and drive to the gym, I think its too late.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience in doing something other than jogging, for AM fasted cardio?

1 billion jumping jacks? + speedy push ups?

BTW I can't jump rope for crap. And I can't buy a treadmill right now.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

u live in the woods or in a ruff city?
  3. Registered User
    Answers

burpees!

I used to do circuits at home.. its called the deck of cards..
    Choose any random bodyweight exercises.. say for example

Spades = squats
    Hearts = pushups
    Diamonds = leg raises
    Clubs = split jumps

Keep turning over until you get through the deck of cards.. whatever number you turn over, say 8 of hearts, you do 8 pushups.. and try to beat your time, it's exhausting, but pretty fun!
    •   

4. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Tai-Bo.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Tai-Bo.
    Seriously?
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SwordBurn View Post
    Seriously?
    As cheesy as it sounds, Thai (not Tae) boxing is a great WO. Try to find the Bas Rutten Fighting Fitness Routine. It is great for the abs in addition to being a hell of cardio WO.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    As cheesy as it sounds, Thai (not Tae) boxing is a great WO. Try to find the Bas Rutten Fighting Fitness Routine. It is great for the abs in addition to being a hell of cardio WO.
    Sounds like a plan.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  275 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I have these tapes and yeah, i sweat like never before using them.

they come in different "levels" too, 2 minute rounds and 3 minute rounds, and there is also some for just boxing, and some for thai boxing.

the best is the circuit training, it kicks my ass everytime, im usually fine untill the jump lunges, and the sprawls are killing my hips / ass.

but yes, an incredible workout.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

What is the window of time, for fasted AM cardio?

It took me about 45min from the time I got out of bed, til I arrived at the gym.

Does that still take advantage of all the benefits of fasted AM cardio?
  10. Oldtimer
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

ever here of dance dance revolution for play station 2, sounds lame but it works they even have a workout program
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

as long as you havent eaten before you do your cardio then its still fasted and you still get the benefits I would suggest using some bcaa powder first thing and during your cardio sesion to help prevent going into a catabolic state just my .02
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224 View Post
    as long as you havent eaten before you do your cardio then its still fasted and you still get the benefits I would suggest using some bcaa powder first thing and during your cardio sesion to help prevent going into a catabolic state just my .02
    ok so the whole point of fasted cardio is to burn fat right and u can also burn muscle

lets say you wakeup take 10-30g bcaa right away and then go jogging for 20-30mins. hopefully you lose no muscle and just burn fat or do u end up burning some of the bcaas?

in college i did fasted cardio almost daily some days i was able to get in oatmeal or protein bar before i did Crew for 2-3hours everyday afor 3years and i gained weight eating mainly 3 huge meals a day and 1-2 snacks
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    ok so the whole point of fasted cardio is to burn fat right and u can also burn muscle

lets say you wakeup take 10-30g bcaa right away and then go jogging for 20-30mins. hopefully you lose no muscle and just burn fat or do u end up burning some of the bcaas?

in college i did fasted cardio almost daily some days i was able to get in oatmeal or protein bar before i did Crew for 2-3hours everyday afor 3years and i gained weight eating mainly 3 huge meals a day and 1-2 snacks

I'm not sure I understand your point I think your saying dont use bcaa's cause you wont burn fat.......

I only do fasted cardio HIIT style when im cutting/recomp so I take 10g bcaa as soon as I open my eyes and it takes me about 30-45 min from the time I wake to the time I get to the gym I also use 10g while exercising
    as I am trying to preserve muscle mass while cutting if I burn up the 40 cals or so of bcaas(which dont count as calories) and it saves me any muscle at all its good for me
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I'm not sure I understand your point I think your saying dont use bcaa's cause you wont burn fat.......

I only do fasted cardio HIIT style when im cutting/recomp so I take 10g bcaa as soon as I open my eyes and it takes me about 30-45 min from the time I wake to the time I get to the gym I also use 10g while exercising
    as I am trying to preserve muscle mass while cutting if I burn up the 40 cals or so of bcaas(which dont count as calories) and it saves me any muscle at all its good for me
    nah i was just asking questions really i dont know anything about the whole fasted stuff. all i know is in college i wasnt losing mass i dont think. but i also stopped gaining after i got shredded up while on the sport crew.

i just wnana know if taking protein shake vs bcaas in morning and then working out doing some kinda cardio do you actually lose muscle?

cuz if you dont then if your hardcore and can afford to workout in the morning then you MUST do so to max fat burn right?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    nah i was just asking questions really i dont know anything about the whole fasted stuff. all i know is in college i wasnt losing mass i dont think. but i also stopped gaining after i got shredded up while on the sport crew.

i just wnana know if taking protein shake vs bcaas in morning and then working out doing some kinda cardio do you actually lose muscle?

cuz if you dont then if your hardcore and can afford to workout in the morning then you MUST do so to max fat burn right?
    well if you are cutting like I am I would use some bcaa powder cause according to the FDA bcaa's do not count as calories they go to the amino acid pool which most likely be empty after fasting all night and needs to be replentished so your body dosent start breaking down muscle for energy (ATP) so I think using bcaa's would be beneficial
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

well if you are cutting like I am I would use some bcaa powder cause according to the FDA bcaa's do not count as calories they go to the amino acid pool which most likely be empty after fasting all night and needs to be replentished so your body dosent start breaking down muscle for energy (ATP) so I think using bcaa's would be beneficial
    o

my only concern is can we prove doing cardio or early morning workout without real food in ur body. does it have a higher chance of breaking down muscle vs healing food in you already. if bcaa powder changes that then HELLO morning workouts.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigschmidt821 View Post
    ever here of dance dance revolution for play station 2, sounds lame but it works they even have a workout program
    I am freakin horrible at that game

I even bought my kids the actual metal dance pad like in the arcades. And I still can't get in the groove LOL!

But yea I've seen some stories on the news of a bunch of fat kids loosing tons of weight from DDR.

I've been taking ON WPI (2 scoops) when I wake up, to counter muscle loss.

WPI = 240 calories
    1hr Eliptical (/w arms) = -900 calories~ + afterburn
  18. Registered User
    Answers

I am freakin horrible at that game

I even bought my kids the actual metal dance pad like in the arcades. And I still can't get in the groove LOL!

But yea I've seen some stories on the news of a bunch of fat kids loosing tons of weight from DDR.

Lol I'll buy it off you.

<=== once an addict, I don't know how much of my pocket money used to be spent at the arcade on this!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  216 lbs.
    Answers

I went out and bought a nintendo wii, and have been getting into the boxing game on Wii sports, if you really get into it you break a sweat. and its nowhere near as hard a DDR coordination wise.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KSMA View Post
    I went out and bought a nintendo wii, and have been getting into the boxing game on Wii sports, if you really get into it you break a sweat. and its nowhere near as hard a DDR coordination wise.
    True. It is more fun and easy. I just wish it had a better reaction time to your actual punches. hehe

As far as Bas Rutten, I downloaded a self-defense video on bit torrent (that was classic entertainment, watching him explain bar fights). Still yet to find a fitness training video from him. I think his site only had audio CDs and books. But I'll double check.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  275 lbs.
    Answers

True. It is more fun and easy. I just wish it had a better reaction time to your actual punches. hehe

As far as Bas Rutten, I downloaded a self-defense video on bit torrent (that was classic entertainment, watching him explain bar fights). Still yet to find a fitness training video from him. I think his site only had audio CDs and books. But I'll double check.
    i dont think he has a fitness training video, there is a video with the CD's that shows how to do certain moves, and explains the combos that he calls out, but its not like you put the video on and work alongside it, the CD's are what you play and follow along to.

the circuit training in the mma workout is crazy though, and high impact, its got jump lunges, jump squats, some weird neck move that kind of hurts if your floor is hard, lol.

but its crazy, i throw mine on an MP3 player and take it to the gym to pound on the bag there (the punching bag, not the lady behind the counter, lol)

its nuts though, a very good workout.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

taken from t-nation interview

2) FASTED CARDIO

Are you ****ing kidding me? Seriously, are you ****ing kidding me? Why are we even talking about this?

Let's take two twins, both 200lbs, both doing the same training program, taking the same supplements, and following the same nutrition plan in the hopes of getting lean.

One difference, though: one of them eats 2 eggs and does 30 minutes of cardio three days per week. The other does 30 minutes of cardio, three days per week and THEN eats 2 eggs.

So what's the magical difference in terms of fat loss after six months? Drum roll please...

I'll tell you — no ****ing difference.

However, whenever you bring up this question we get a ton of responses saying, "This is exactly the information I needed!". Oh **** off. The reason you are still fat is because you couldn't decide to do cardio on an empty stomach or not?

30 minutes of steady state cardio will burn about 300 calories. Three times per week — 900 calories. Add that up for 26 weeks and we get a whopping: 23,400 calories.

Or 6.6 lbs of fat.

In six months.

If doing it fasted, burned 30% more (which it doesn't), you're looking at another 2lbs of fat in that same six month period.

Or an additional 0.07 pounds per week.

And for those of you who say — I do fasted cardio but I have a small scoop of protein first, then you're NOT DOING IT FASTED THEN, ARE YOU?

Fat people finish marathons all the time. Aerobic training doesn't do a hell of a lot for real world fat loss. Even if you're hungry.
  23. Registered User
    Answers

buy a treadmill
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. cardio fasted AM/ weights 12:30 or other way around?
    By dayday87 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:36 AM
  2. Fasted AM cardio on cycle
    By CryingEmo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 09:57 PM
  3. Fasted am Cardio & Hormone levels
    By Zips06 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 10:44 AM
  4. Please help with my routine/cardio layout.
    By OmarJackson in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 02:18 PM