cutting carbs - AnabolicMinds.com

cutting carbs

  1. New Member
    swtnycboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    120

    Reputation

    cutting carbs


    I am wanting to get to 4% body fat and eating just plain old healthy is not working well. I am doing cardio as well and have cut my cal intake to like 1800 a day.

    Question is do i cut all bread, pasta, rice, etc AND fruits or can i leave the fruits?

  2. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1153

    Reputation

    most likely yes. many people eat more carbs then they should to begin with. cut down some on the carbs, if u still want to eat some carbs make sure its whole grain. although, if u really want to get down to 4%(which is very low/unhealthy) yes, really gonna need to cut almost all carbs, drop cals even lower, and really step up the cardio.
  3. New Member
    SwordBurn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    242

    Reputation

    4%? What is your BF% now?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    swtnycboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    120

    Reputation

    checked in april it was 8%. stepped up the cardio and diet alot more now. It seems like my body fat is good but my abs arent as detail. anyone got some good ab workouts?
  5. New Member
    swtnycboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    120

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    most likely yes. many people eat more carbs then they should to begin with. cut down some on the carbs, if u still want to eat some carbs make sure its whole grain. although, if u really want to get down to 4%(which is very low/unhealthy) yes, really gonna need to cut almost all carbs, drop cals even lower, and really step up the cardio.
    Whats a healthy body fat level where abs can show?
  6. New Member
    GI2EG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    173

    Reputation

    Most people have good abs at 8%...maybe your measurement system isn't very accurate.
  7. New Member
    swtnycboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    120

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GI2EG View Post
    Most people have good abs at 8%...maybe your measurement system isn't very accurate.
    i did the body test at my college. pinched me and eerything with the thinger.
  8. New Member
    GI2EG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    173

    Reputation

    Gotcha, definitely possible that you (personally) tend to store most of your fat around or midsection. Or it could be extra fluid retention. Do you take in much 1) carbohydrate 2) sodium 3) creatine?
  9. New Member
    GI2EG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    173

    Reputation

    Heebs, did you have your bf measured at the time your avatar picture was taken?
  10. New Member
    swtnycboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    120

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GI2EG View Post
    Gotcha, definitely possible that you (personally) tend to store most of your fat around or midsection. Or it could be extra fluid retention. Do you take in much 1) carbohydrate 2) sodium 3) creatine?
    i do keep track of the exact grams of carbs i take in a day but its majority of my diet i think. I am on my off creatine cause i am cycling it now. Don't think i eat alot of salt. I was at 8% fat before i started creatine.
  11. New Member
    GI2EG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    173

    Reputation

    I see.

    Personally, i am noticably bigger but less cut when on even low dosage cycles of creatine. I don't use it at all anymore, seemed to slow me down. But anyway, remember that you store 2 or 3 grams of water with every gram of glycogen. This water will be stored everywhere, even close to the skin. This is why ab models/bodybuilders dehydrate before shoots/shows.
  12. New Member
    swtnycboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    120

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GI2EG View Post
    I see.

    Personally, i am noticably bigger but less cut when on even low dosage cycles of creatine. I don't use it at all anymore, seemed to slow me down. But anyway, remember that you store 2 or 3 grams of water with every gram of glycogen. This water will be stored everywhere, even close to the skin. This is why ab models/bodybuilders dehydrate before shoots/shows.
    you know... you just shot my hopes of having a visible six pack everyday. i was fine with putting in the extra work for the results but now you saying i gotta dehydrate myself for it. tell me that i am in college just to be working in mcdonalds for the rest of my life why wont you.
  13. Primordial Performance Rep
    Jimbo15's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    494

    Reputation

    cut carbs that aren't veggies with exception of post workout. there are plenty of things to eat with low/no carbs that are great. keep around 6-8 meals. lots of water/green tea. no salt or creatine. what are u supplementing?
  14. Registered User
    TeamSavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,007
    Rep Power
    601

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by swtnycboy View Post
    checked in april it was 8%. stepped up the cardio and diet alot more now. It seems like my body fat is good but my abs arent as detail. anyone got some good ab workouts?
    At 8% your abs should be pretty damn defined. Post a picture for educated guesses, but maybe you're higher than you think.

    If you want to get to 4% then you're probably going to have to cut all carbs, fats, and proteins.
  15. New Member
    GI2EG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    173

    Reputation

    You don't have to be dehydrated, that is the extreme. What i'm saying is that you could be storing more water than you need.
  16. Senior Member
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Rep Power
    5916

    Reputation

    Damn bro, you'd have to basically diet and train like you were actually preparing for a show if you wanted to get down to 4 percent. I don't think anybody just walks around in there daily life at 4 percent bf. Even an ectomorph.
  17. Registered User
    TeamSavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,007
    Rep Power
    601

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Damn bro, you'd have to basically diet and train like you were actually preparing for a show if you wanted to get down to 4 percent. I don't think anybody just walks around in there daily life at 4 percent bf. Even an ectomorph.
    Herschel Walker walked around at 4 percent... but he was a demigodomoprh.
  18. New Member
    lovemuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    104

    Reputation

    4% is pretty serious. Try getting measured again just to make sure you're not higher than 8%.
  19. New Member
    jlowsho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    126

    Reputation

    4% is where most amatures compete at if they aren't using heavy dieuretics dude. How much do you weigh and how many carbs are you eating? Cutting carbs completely isn't gonna do much if your not increasing healthy fats to take their place. What are your macros? Has anyone talked to you about nutrient timing? You don't have to eliminate carbs. Just eat them at the right time of the day.

    1800 calories!? with cardio? How much do you weigh and how many days in a row are you doing this? There is no fast track to losing body fat. If you try to lose too much too much you WILL burn up valuable muscle that could have made you look leaner faster had you not had to burn it for energy on a ridiculously low calories diet.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cut calories or Cut carbs?
    By AaronJP1 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 09:45 AM
  2. Cutting Carbs Horrible Pumps
    By mnowak1228 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 11:13 AM
  3. Best way to cut? carb manipulation?
    By Docmattic in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 07:53 AM
  4. cutting carbs?
    By ucanes23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 04:57 AM
  5. I hate cutting carbs!
    By pdx89 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 05:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in