Cant lose these love handles!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Bigbucksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0

    Unhappy Cant lose these love handles!


    my diet is very clean and i do alot of cardio. i am not new to any of this just wondering if anybody has any ideas or techniques to get rid of these discusting things. i know love handles are the last place on your body where fat burns but im not really looking to go for lipo. thank you.

  2. Banned
    fibercarbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    200
    Answers
    0


    try Ephedrine with caffeine it removed mine in no time
  3. Registered User
    Bigbucksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    im just coming off of a clen t3 stack
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Answers
    0


    Count calories and eat below maintenance.
  5. Registered User
    TT6sp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14
    Answers
    0


    Hi,

    I had this to an extent, despite dieting down to fairly low BF (10-12%).

    Mine are much improved now due to a couple of excercises:


    1. Holding a dumbell in your hand down one side. Move it upwards and downwards, using the muscles in that area.

    2. Barbell behind head, wide grip. Standing up and twisting to eirther side. Control by tensing stomach. Works abs too.


    Anyone think of more?
  6. Gold Member
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,363
    Answers
    0


    The first place it goes is usually the last place it leaves. With time and consistent effort, results will come.
  7. Registered User
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Answers
    0


    Yeah love handles are such a ***** to get rid of. I need to get to a very low bf% before my love handles start to melt away. Huge pain in the ass.
  8. Registered User
    Bigbucksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    anybody ever try topicals? i heard they are bullshhit
  9. Registered User
    JZ7757's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    434
    Answers
    0


    yeah, these are a PITA. I get them easy along with the upper side peck/armpit area. it sucks, but i can lose it easliy.

    I would suggest doing angled side crunches (add 10lb weight after a little) and leg lift crunches, along with a good sprint cardio session (10-15 mins reg speed, 10-15 mins blitz speed). do this 3-4x week or after your reg workout. do this on a close to empty stomach so your body will feed on teh fat. It may hinder your weight workout, but it will help this goal.

    Also you can give ax's stim-x a try pre wo. Great stuff, and it has helped me and my lifting buddy lose fat. stimx 2.0 is supposed to be out now, which is even better.
  10. Registered User
    Bigbucksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JZ7757 View Post

    Also you can give ax's stim-x a try pre wo. Great stuff, and it has helped me and my lifting buddy lose fat. stimx 2.0 is supposed to be out now, which is even better.
    what the heck is ax's stim-x?
  11. Registered User
    JZ7757's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    434
    Answers
    0


    Anabolic Xtreme Stimulant X.

    well, its only the best stimulant/energy supp out there right now.

    Look it up....its a caffeine/green tea, etc mix. Great stuff. GREAT energy, good fat loss, appetite suppression, good cost.

    I don't respond well to stims at all, but this has worked for me. weither its a long day at the office with little sleep or a 2hr bball session after wo, its been great.

    just watch taking it too close to bedtime, it will keep you up. lol
  12. Registered User
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne View Post
    The first place it goes is usually the last place it leaves. With time and consistent effort, results will come.


    Yohimbine may help with this, as it is an alpha-receptor antagonist, and the love-handles have a high concentration of those. Some people cannot deal with the stim effect of systemic Yohimbine (when taken orally), and it's not always friendly to blood pressure.
  13. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0


    I agree with Mass on this one. I have yohimbnine with some caffeine has worked well for me in the past. I was taking it b/c I'm a stim junkie at times and the fatloss was a bonus.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  14. Registered User
    Bigbucksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JZ7757 View Post
    Anabolic Xtreme Stimulant X.

    well, its only the best stimulant/energy supp out there right now.
    SAYS WHO?

    im already running clen/t3 and cleaned up my diet alot. i doubt a $30 bottle of caffiene and green tea is gonna help. any sites online still selling ephedra?
  15. Registered User
    JZ7757's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    434
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbucksss View Post
    SAYS WHO?

    im already running clen/t3 and cleaned up my diet alot. i doubt a $30 bottle of caffiene and green tea is gonna help. any sites online still selling ephedra?
    Well, most that have tried it and had good experience with it (like me) and of course the stim junkies out there (as someone already admitted ). Obviously, its much more than just those two and it isnt just a "fat burner".

    anyways, you asked for suggestions, i gave you some. try it, dont try it, i dont care...

    from what ive seen, only a couple of sites actually still sell eph type stuff....
  16. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,988
    Answers
    0


    with caffeine I always cycle my wife on and off it. she had built up a huge tolerance with so much coffee. 200mg would not do anything for her. while 100mg turns me into cornholio.
  17. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0

    I am The Great Cornholio!





    This seems to have a pretty strong following as far as topicals go: NutraPlanet Presents: Bulk Lipoderm carrier
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  18. Registered User
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Answers
    0


    You guys ever seen those belts that wrap around your waste and vibrate hahaha what a rip off.
  19. Registered User
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Answers
    0


    How is your fiber intake?

    I'm gathering that you are more on the endo side of the scale, and fiber is very important for regulating blood sugar and glycogen stores.

    Are you getting the bodybuilding recommended dose, note that doesn't mean the average person dose, that means the BB'er dose
  20. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0


    Could you elaborate on that some please...or send me a PM?

    I noticed that when my diet is higher in fiber that I tend to cut up some, but wasn't sure why (I always speculated it was water weight).

    Thanks in advance.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  21. Registered User
    Variocam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    241
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JZ7757 View Post
    Well, most that have tried it and had good experience with it (like me) and of course the stim junkies out there (as someone already admitted ). Obviously, its much more than just those two and it isnt just a "fat burner".

    anyways, you asked for suggestions, i gave you some. try it, dont try it, i dont care...

    from what ive seen, only a couple of sites actually still sell eph type stuff....
    Bronkaid is ephedrine, it works well, but it has a decongestant stuff in it that makes breathing kind of weird, lots of phlegm.

    You can get it at a pharmacy.
  22. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,607
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbucksss View Post
    anybody ever try topicals? i heard they are bullshhit
    You dont get lipo for love handles anymore unless there big. Incase your interested there is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure, called lipodissolve, where they inject the fat with phosphatidylcholine, its not cheap but it works.
  23. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    You dont get lipo for love handles anymore unless there big. Incase your interested there is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure, called lipodissolve, where they inject the fat with phosphatidylcholine, its not cheap but it works.
    Hmm thats interesting, when you say "not cheap" what do you mean? Even just vaguely, $500 $1000 $3000 ?
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  24. Gold Member
    Mach .78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Variocam View Post
    Bronkaid is ephedrine, it works well, but it has a decongestant stuff in it that makes breathing kind of weird, lots of phlegm.

    You can get it at a pharmacy.
    I am taking Bronkaid as I write this with coffee for my caffeine portion of the stack. Unbelievable, I wake up every day and look at the changes that occured "overnight". I only take it once in the morning. I can now see the lower portion of my lats appearing. I am also taking T Force 3 x a day. Go check out my log.

    ECA with or without A is by far the best fat burner I have ever used. It's cheap and it works.

    Oh, and thanks for displaying Selena and all of her spice.
  25. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,549
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Could you elaborate on that some please...or send me a PM?

    I noticed that when my diet is higher in fiber that I tend to cut up some, but wasn't sure why (I always speculated it was water weight).

    Thanks in advance.

    More fiber can actually lower your ingested calories. It will also help with keeping you full. For instance you can eat brocolli with cheese on it and the extra fiber will help absorb some of the fat and flush it out, in other words it won't be digested and just pass through your body. I have read extensively about this. This may not be exactly how it works because I am going from memory, but I do have a book that is backed up with facts. I could go get the book and look this up and quote it, but I am way to lazy!.
  26. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0


    As mentioned above, I feel that I tend to lean up some when supplementing fiber and also use it to help feel more full when trying to avoid munching. What you're saying sounds reasonable to me.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0


    Thai boxing does wonders for the entire core area. Adding HIIT cardio would also be a good idea.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  28. Registered User
    Variocam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    241
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Mach .78 View Post
    I am taking Bronkaid as I write this with coffee for my caffeine portion of the stack. Unbelievable, I wake up every day and look at the changes that occured "overnight". I only take it once in the morning. I can now see the lower portion of my lats appearing. I am also taking T Force 3 x a day. Go check out my log.

    ECA with or without A is by far the best fat burner I have ever used. It's cheap and it works.

    Oh, and thanks for displaying Selena and all of her spice.
    I never got jitters or anything from it, I take 200mg nodoz with it. Only sides that I have from it is I'm leaning out, I lose a lot of water, and gain some alertness. When I do cardio on it, I have to be careful and watch my heart rate so I don't go over 180 which I feel excessive.

    Im running out of it.
    Im taking it while im taking pheravol, so its interesting to say the least.
    I guess I should pick up some more...
  29. Registered User
    ShakesAllDay's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,239
    Answers
    0


    One thing that has drastically aided in fat-loss, especially when getting lower in BF% (<12%) is fasted cardio first thing in the morning. Genetically, my body loves to hold a certain amount of fat (is this the *set point* term I've seen thrown around?). But, magically, it melts off when I'm diligent w/ early morning cardio.

    I've been doing this 3x per week (walk/run combo through my city park). I've been taking Xtend (1.5 serv.) and Methyl Ripped before running. I've VERY pleased w/ the results.
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,083
    Answers
    0


    Lipoderm-Ultra or Lipoderm-Y + Raspberry Ketones or Capsaicin.

    Burn them som'b*tches off.
  31. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    Lipoderm-Ultra or Lipoderm-Y + Raspberry Ketones or Capsaicin.

    Burn them som'b*tches off.
    I want to try the cap, but I am afraid that it will rub in my training partners eyes. I can only imagine how painful that must be...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  32. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,083
    Answers
    0


    Yeah, that would suck real bad.
  33. Registered User
    smiththrs03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    61
    Answers
    0


    lots od cardio
  34. Registered User
    SatireWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,096
    Answers
    0


    Granted you can't 'spot reduce' anything, but you can build some muscle. Last time I had problems with love handles, I built some mean love handle muscles and the fat seemed to dissappear as my handles firmed up. Not that really working that muscle had much to do with it, but as I built muscle there I felt MUCH less self-conscious about it. I'm sure that if you work that area quite a bit you might find the same effect.

    My favorite exercise for love handles is that twisty machine where you kneel in a platform and set your weight for twisting then grab onto this chest grip thingie. I have NO idea what it's called, but it always worked my love handles to the point of severe recovery pain.
  35. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,607
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Hmm thats interesting, when you say "not cheap" what do you mean? Even just vaguely, $500 $1000 $3000 ?
    About $2000 from what I remember.
  36. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SatireWolf View Post
    Granted you can't 'spot reduce' anything, but you can build some muscle. Last time I had problems with love handles, I built some mean love handle muscles and the fat seemed to dissappear as my handles firmed up. Not that really working that muscle had much to do with it, but as I built muscle there I felt MUCH less self-conscious about it. I'm sure that if you work that area quite a bit you might find the same effect.

    My favorite exercise for love handles is that twisty machine where you kneel in a platform and set your weight for twisting then grab onto this chest grip thingie. I have NO idea what it's called, but it always worked my love handles to the point of severe recovery pain.
    It is basically a trunk rotation machine. I do those on a Free-motion machine and change the angle to hit the core differently.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  37. Registered User
    conan1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    318
    Answers
    0


    lipo dissolve didnt work for me or anyone i know. here in chicago a famous plastic surgeon advertises this like crazy and i know about 6 strippers that tried it also with no results except major bruising that goes away
  38. Registered User
    JZ7757's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    434
    Answers
    0


    ^well, that being said, i know lipo6 works. My wife lost 10lbs last year from this alone with a good diet and not much excersize at all. I think it is worth a shot if the typical diet/excersize/below matience cals doesnt help.
  39. Registered User
    GaryPrezski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    34
    Answers
    0

    Thumbs up tell them bye


    reverse crunches are the best way to get rid of love handles. Once you can do like 4 sets of 20 put weights on your legs and do them to the each side too it will just blast your love handles.
  40. Registered User
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Answers
    0


    anyone else feel this is getting way over complicated. I think we all know spot reducing is a myth, so to get rid of love handles... lose fat.. lol
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. will daa and reduce xt help lose love handles?
    By raal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 09:56 PM
  2. A flubbers quest to lose love handles
    By ashe555 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 10:14 AM
  3. "love handle" area difficulty losing
    By s.norman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 08:54 AM
  4. will i ever lose my ab/love handles fat?
    By spitboy2000 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 08:39 AM
  5. What is my problem!? I cant lose fat!
    By IanHummel in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in