egg yolks

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

egg yolks

what you all do with you yolks? i feel like im spending money (even though its dumb cheap) for half of what i eat. who here goes for the carton egg whites? for every 5 egg whites, i have 1 whole egg. do you all chuck it or eat whole eggs or the carton...??

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.21%

I eat the whole egg. Im not to worried about my cholesterol level..............

Peace

Bone
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.44%

i usually throw away about 2 for every 5 eggs. Whats the fun in eating eggs if there was no yellow!!!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%

its just that i try to eat clean as possible and aint worried to much about adding weight. just lean gains. so the saturated fats in the eggs are the problem for me. whateva though, its like a dime an egg aint it?
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

Saturated fat

I eat the whole egg for the amino acid spectrum. Per yolk, there is only 1.5 grams saturated fat out of 4.5 total fat in the vegetarian fed eggs I use. From my view you can have quite a few whole eggs realizing that 2/3 of the fat is unsaturated. And clearly, some saturated fat is needed in the diet. Labelling all saturated fat as bad is inaccurate.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.29%

yo, i eat, no i drink straight from the carton. here in the great white north they are available pastuerized and homogenized. just pop the top and bottoms up. sage, i wouldn't worry unless i was eating more than 6-10 or so eggs a day.

cheers, pete
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%

Re: Saturated fat

Originally posted by Cardinal
    I eat the whole egg for the amino acid spectrum. Per yolk, there is only 1.5 grams saturated fat out of 4.5 total fat in the vegetarian fed eggs I use. From my view you can have quite a few whole eggs realizing that 2/3 of the fat is unsaturated. And clearly, some saturated fat is needed in the diet. Labelling all saturated fat as bad is inaccurate.
    agreed...to a point. b/c for me, i usually have 6 + eggs a day, which would lead ot a good amount of saturated fats (even having said that only 1.2-2grams are saturated. im getting a lot of lean towards eating the whole egg and sounds good. I'll change it up a bit, having an even ratio of whole eggs to whites.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.53%

Originally posted by crazypete
    yo, i eat, no i drink straight from the carton. here in the great white north they are available pastuerized and homogenized. just pop the top and bottoms up.
    cheers, pete

You Northerners REALLY are wild and crazy, aren't ya'?
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.86%

i don't worry about it. i eat around 10 eggs a day.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13%

i personally eat about 1 yolk for every 3 eggs. i feel a little cholesterol is needed
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.44%

for anyone trying to get rid of the pain of cooking eggs -

for the longest time i could not eat raw eggs, but someone passed a good way to getting them down, so idecided that i try it, and to my surprise, it was fine, i had no problems

take 4 - 6 eggs, 1 scoop strawberry protein powder, and the rest milk in a large glass, shake, blend, stir, and chug !

it tastes good actually.... and you get a really good amino acid profile from the mixture. If anyone have any other good egg recipes, post them, coz i think we can all use some novel ways of consuming more eggs!
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.01%

I eat mine hard boiled, and only eat the whites, I give the yolks to my dogs, who love me very much for it..lol!. We all sit at the table and have breakfast together when Daddy has eggs.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.43%

Originally posted by Kay
    for anyone trying to get rid of the pain of cooking eggs -

for the longest time i could not eat raw eggs, but someone passed a good way to getting them down, so idecided that i try it, and to my surprise, it was fine, i had no problems

take 4 - 6 eggs, 1 scoop strawberry protein powder, and the rest milk in a large glass, shake, blend, stir, and chug !

it tastes good actually.... and you get a really good amino acid profile from the mixture. If anyone have any other good egg recipes, post them, coz i think we can all use some novel ways of consuming more eggs!

I have try mine with Grape Juice takes good.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I eat 3 a day for breakfast, albumen protein isnt that appealing to me and while the amino acid profile is great, liver tabs suffice for the lack there of from eggs. Im not a big fan on eating a lot of eggs, not so much the effect it has on the HDL/LDL ratio, just the inconvience and (to me) the petty nutrional profile.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.27%

I eat a little of the yolk with the whites, just to make them more palatable, but I throw away most of it, or give it to my cats.

And then I go drink eggnog
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.46%

Originally posted by Kay

If anyone have any other good egg recipes, post them, coz i think we can all use some novel ways of consuming more eggs!
    I got a good one..I use it all the time...

Take a cup...break 3-4 eggs into it....and CHUG.

yeah...the unbroken yolks feel weird going down, but hey.....deal with it.

LG.
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%

this my favorite way to eat eggs:

4 eggs (2 whole and 2 whites) cooked (scrambled or omellete style). put that between 2 toasted wheat bread (with smart balance or cant believe its not butter melted on the toast, spread with peanut butter and a packet of equal/spendla sprinkled on top. If you aint a big of sweetners, than cook your eggs with a slice of F.F. american cheese. Seriously, i put PB on everything.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.27%

LG, cleaning the raw egg spattered all over my kitchen would be too much cardio.  But that does bring to mind a question: I think I remember reading somewhere that something about the egg protein changes when you cook it.  I almost think it was supposed to get better, even though I'd instinctively assume it'd get worse. Anyone know?
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.46%

Originally posted by khafra
    LG, cleaning the raw egg spattered all over my kitchen would be too much cardio.  But that does bring to mind a question: I think I remember reading somewhere that something about the egg protein changes when you cook it.  I almost think it was supposed to get better, even though I'd instinctively assume it'd get worse. Anyone know?
    Proteins get denatured (unuseable) when exposed to heat, electricity or radiation....

but your body can still harvest the amino acids....so its all good

LG.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.27%

Usually the heat denaturing would be all there is to the story, LG, but I did find the other part.  I knew there was more to it, and it was bugging me: 
     According to a study found by John Berardi, the body can only utilize about half of the protein found in raw egg products, so you’d be better off cooking them anyway.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=55
  21. board observer
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.95%

Whats the fun in eating eggs if there was no yellow!!!

This sounds pretty weird, but a friend of mine had an internship at an insurance company over the summer. One day they went to a factory where they put eggs into cartons (one of the companies they insured).

Anyways, they noticed a bunch of workers walking around with yellow stained hands. Their tour guide said that the yellow hands were from dying the egg yolks. Believe it or not, he said that quite a while ago they changed the chicken feed (I think he said they went from corn to rice), and the yolks were no longer naturally yellow. Apparently they were afraid consumers wouldn't eat uncolored eggs. He didn't say exactly how they did it though. Pretty funny.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%

one source stated the yolk's protein to be a little higher quality than the white. i have a lady at work sells organic farm fresh browns for a buck a dozen sweet!
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.11%

cholesterol

If I'm not correct... and that is always a posibility. I believe testosterone is formed from cholesterol. So I eat the yolk and all.
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.47%

For me it's 1 yolk for evey 5 whites. I use a little Pam in the pan, cook them, and then lots of Tabasco sauce to jazz them up. On a rare occasion when I have the time, I'll throw in some cheese, onions and peppers, and shrooms.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whole eggs > yolk free egg subsitute
    By JudoJosh in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-10-2013, 12:49 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 12:11 PM
  3. Eggs...w/the yolk
    By Benjamin1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 11:05 AM
  4. Arachidonic Acid: X-Factor vs Egg Yolks?
    By zootreeves in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 06:01 PM
  5. Eggs - To Yolk Or Not To Yolk?
    By justinfection in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 05:11 AM