Whey after morning cardio?

Taking whey after morning cardio?

• Yes, you need to take it after any type of workout

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • No, you'll just fart like a champ

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • I take it before and after every workout, cardio or weights

Votes: 43 25.9%
  • New Idea to me, never thought about it.

Votes: 14 8.4%

• Total voters
Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
Just wondered if people handled there cardio session somewhat like there lifting session. I have been doing morning empty stomach cardio, not really worried about strength or muscle mass loss (finally). But I would still like to do what I can to retain what I have after the workout. I know whey absorbs into your system very quickly so I was thinking that might be a good thing to take right after a cardio workout, besides it is working your muscles and they do need to be fed don't they.

Vote now, it's not like it's the presidential elections.

Also maybe a 10th of a scoop before empty stomach cardio to get metabolism going. I stil have lot's to learn but any advice would be nice.

thanks,

Kam

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use some BCAA's before and during your cardio session. It helps to reduce catabolism and increase your performance.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
I drink a whey shake soon as I get up,wait about 30 minutes,than take some Green Tea Extract,L-Arginine and BCAA's 10 minutes before cardio.Right after I down some more BCAA's and Glutamine,wait about 20 minutes,than down another Whey shake.

I think it works pretty well.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I drink a whey shake soon as I get up,wait about 30 minutes,than take some Green Tea Extract,L-Arginine and BCAA's 10 minutes before cardio.Right after I down some more BCAA's and Glutamine,wait about 20 minutes,than down another Whey shake.

Does anyone eat whole food anymore?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont have ANYTHING before your morning cardio. its called doing it on an "empty stomach" for a reason. as long as you arent doing high intensity cardio you have nothing to worry about. just make sure you get in your whey/oats right after you finish...the only thing i take before the w/o is e/c and water.

if youre really worried about it you can take something like lean extreme/retain before the session.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
it's hard for me to do low intensity, I'm starting to get used to doing low intensity as I"m reading a book or mag while on the treadmill or whatever. But I finally learned the difference of having to eat before hi int, or empty stomach on a low intensity.

NDjets78

Awards
have whey after your cardio but w/out any carbs like you normally would after a weights session to prevent muscle breakdown

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
You still need some carbs or your body will commence gluconeogenesis to convert the protein you ingest to glucose.

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
1st meal whey/coffee, right before cardio
cardio
2nd meal egg whites/whole wheat double fiber toast, after.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
That's correct. Someone give this dude a happy face..

wait...

:)
Is the best choice whey/ground up oats for afterward? Also, I don't have time in the a.m, but often do empty stomach , low intensity cardio right after work. Do the same rules apply?

aschi55

Awards
I think, one whey shake before cardio session is ok, but whey also calories.

psimonkey

Awards

Green tea polyphenols bind with whey proteins and become somewhat inert.

psimonkey

Awards
Whey, chocolate powder and coffee before AM CV and immediately after whey+creatine+maltdextrin, an hour later porridge+MPC+banana and eggs.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
a small amount of whey with water is ok....(before)cardio,but i usually do my cardio fasted....COFFEE,and or EPHEDRA before,then whey with water right after...

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I take a shake 1st thing in the morning, then do my cardio I think I read somewhere it can help your body store fat if you let yourself get hunger pains, and I seem to get them if I do the cardio with out anything.
I have very good luck with dropping fat, keeping muscle doing it this way, after cardio and shower then have egg whites / double fiber toast, yummy...

vtwizzie

Awards
i have a shake when i get up before i hit the gym, do my cardio, shower, and either another shake or some egg whites/wheat toast for breakfast....works for me

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
fasted cardio followed by some water/whey with a shot of flax oil... gotta get the body used to burning fat for energy

the people eating 400 grams of protein and low fat low carbs are wasting there time

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Fasted cardio isn't for everyone. I don't like it. I need to eat when I get up, then do my cardio, then take my PWO shake and I lose bodyfat easily with a low fat, low carb diet.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I think it depends a lot on your body type. I'm a true endo and I think fasted cardio works great. Taking BCAA during and a cup of coffee beforehand.

Also I agree with the guy before that asked if anyone eats real foods still. It amazes me how many people rely solely on supplements when the very term itself proves they are to supplement your diet..not become it.

1fasts14

Awards
i get up drink a sugar free rockstar, do my cardio, then about 30minutes later eat about a 75g carb high protein pancake breakfast, something like:

75g carb, 60g protein, then about 45minutes later hit the weights for a balls to the wall workout.

FightWhiteBoi

Awards
I found some great points in this topic. Starting next week I will be hitting the gym at 6am and now I know what i need to do.

michaeljannis

Awards
does anyone have an preference on which protien is the best? I mean, by nature i'm a pretty cheap dude. Wal-Mart has a protien made by Body Fortress, it seems pretty straight up, low cals, fat and carbs, high protien.

Any suggestions? There are so many types out there, does it really matter?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am using the body fortres as well. Once I get past the taste I can get it down. it has a real solid profile, especially the newest version

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
2nd I'm done with morning cardio it's whey and bran flakes.