weights than cardio to lose fat?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Thanks Big, yah refeeds are really productive and I have done very well with nutrient cycling in the past. To employ these techniques you need to have the time to do it, that is something I plan on employing.

Yah there is no way I can think of to avoid those last 3 weeks of hell, I have used insanely high protein levels (fish and lean veal) with some success, maybe if I didn’t have to lose so much in such a short time this would have worked better.

Another point about taking time to lean out is that it takes time to become thin skinned after you have lost the weight and then there is the loose skin to deal with. I bet if you reached your weight goal about 3 weeks out and them employed that last 3 weeks of your plan things would work out better. I always seemed to be saying to myself if only I had 3 more weeks.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

2. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

Another point about taking time to lean out is that it takes time to become thin skinned after you have lost the weight and then there is the loose skin to deal with. I bet if you reached your weight goal about 3 weeks out and them employed that last 3 weeks of your plan things would work out better. I always seemed to be saying to myself if only I had 3 more weeks.
    Don't get me started on loose skin!
    When I jog you can see my abs while my skin is moving up and down. Retarded.
    •   

3. hey does someone want to check out my fitday food profile to see if im doing the right diet and eating the right foods, link is

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...er=slash%5F473

I'm eating every 2-3 hours to keep my metabolism up. and im doing pre carb meal with a post workout shake. I just wanna make sure im doing things right to keep my muscle this time while doing my cut phase. than im gonna bulk up big time for summer.

4. Quote Originally Posted by mildain
    I am trying to get ripped for summer but maintain my muscle i've gained in the winter. I've been training for 45 minutes on heavy weights to deplete my blood sugar levels and glycogen stores
    You should read Lyle McDonald's "Ultimate Diet 2.0". You seem to be doing the first part of the 7 day cycle, namely low carb high intensity exercise leading to complete glycogen depletion which allows for a time period of very high fat burning followed by a carb up phase to refill muscle glycogen and heavy weight-lifting session. This stuff will get you down into those single digit bodyfat levels.

5. Hey MeowMeow can you shoot that my way too? Awake1077@gmail.com.

THanks!

BV
    •   

6. The problem I have with doing a lot of low carb, carb-ups is that each time you do it, it seems less effective. That is the reason I used to only do 2 shows a year. The carb up (for me and some others) just didn't seem to work as well the 3rd or time. If I employed it as a dieting strategy yes I think it would work but I'd be afraid my contest carb-up would not go as well.

Maybe there is some things I'm not doing right, can't say I am an expert on those last 3 weeks, as I only really got it right once.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

7. meowmeow, that seems like a great book. my email is
    slash_473@email.com , thanks man

8. I've been looking for a copy of UD2.0 FOREVER... could you send it over here to me... the.cleaner@gmail.com -- thanks a TON!

9. please send to mauisupaman@hotmail.com

thanks

10. word can you send it here mlkfoo@gmail.com as well...ThX!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine while trying to lose fat/weight?
    By jumpshot903 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 08:23 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 09:01 PM
  3. Bulking but want to lose "Fat"
    By East1600Plus in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 08:21 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 12:19 PM