How did you all determine how many grams of carbs & protein to consume post-workout?
- 04-05-2003, 09:04 AM
- 04-05-2003, 10:04 AM
For me I did .8g per /kg body weight and half as much protein (Seems to be a common formula used for studies performed on the subject). So for me that's:
- 04-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Searching for post workout should bring a great wealth of information. WW7 has a good article here, that should be well worth your read.
04-08-2003, 03:48 PM
I estimated my carbohydrate intake based on how I felt afterwards. Back when I used high GI carbs, I noticed that anything over 50-60 grams left me largely hypoglycemic. So I keep it at about 40-50 grams now and feel great.
Protein. No reason not to go a little overboard postworkout in my book. I get at least 40 grams after any major workout.
Similar Forum Threads
- By SuppKnight in forum Weight LossReplies: 16Last Post: 01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
- By John Smeton in forum SupplementsReplies: 16Last Post: 08-16-2008, 09:13 PM
- By bj22 in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 07-19-2008, 10:34 AM
- By T-Bone in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 7Last Post: 05-05-2008, 03:28 PM
- By celc5 in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 8Last Post: 03-11-2008, 05:02 AM