Same diet regardless?

• Thread starter marshmallow man
  • Start date
marshmallow man

marshmallow man

Awards
Just curious, should the 40/40/20 diet be used whether you are lifting that day or not?

Since I take every other day off, should I adjust my diet at all on the off days?

Andrew

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Just curious, should the 40/40/20 diet be used whether you are lifting that day or not?

Since I take every other day off, should I adjust my diet at all on the off days?

Andrew
As long as you have a calorie deficit at the end of the day, you will lose weight. When I am cutting, I eat the exact same diet everyday except for a post workout shake on lift days and a couple cheat meals on the weekend.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on how much fat you want to lose. I tend to have a reduced carb day when I do not workout, but I usually only reduce my carb intake by about 20%.

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
I focus my carbs around my workouts while cutting and usually only have one meal that includes carbs on my 'off' days.

marshmallow man

marshmallow man

Awards
Post workout protein shake....

How much should I be ingesting, protein that is, post workout? Thursday, I drank a 12oz shake, 3 scoops of protein powder, so that was approx 36 grams.

Then, I ate a plate of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, with ground turkey and texas pete.

Too much? Just right? Not enough?

Andrew

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Post workout protein shake....

How much should I be ingesting, protein that is, post workout? Thursday, I drank a 12oz shake, 3 scoops of protein powder, so that was approx 36 grams.

Then, I ate a plate of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, with ground turkey and texas pete.

Too much? Just right? Not enough?

Andrew
You need some carbs pre and post workout. I use oats. I make a big shake with about 50g protein and about 30g carbs from the oats. Drink 2/3 of it 1/2 hr before wo and the rest post wo then eat a meal shortly after. There is a running debate on whether you should use simple or complex carbs post wo. While bulking I add some gatorade in during my workout but not while cutting.

That being said your pre and post wo nutrition has got to be the most imortant, especially during a cut. You don,t want to lose any more muscle mass than necessary.

Use the search button for post workout. Lots of good stuff on here.:gotsearch