Same diet regardless?
- 11-03-2005, 05:57 AM
- 11-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by marshmallow man
- 11-03-2005, 08:58 AM
It really depends on how much fat you want to lose. I tend to have a reduced carb day when I do not workout, but I usually only reduce my carb intake by about 20%.
11-04-2005, 12:38 AM
I focus my carbs around my workouts while cutting and usually only have one meal that includes carbs on my 'off' days.
11-05-2005, 05:38 AM
Post workout protein shake....
How much should I be ingesting, protein that is, post workout? Thursday, I drank a 12oz shake, 3 scoops of protein powder, so that was approx 36 grams.
Then, I ate a plate of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, with ground turkey and texas pete.
Too much? Just right? Not enough?
11-05-2005, 10:08 AM
You need some carbs pre and post workout. I use oats. I make a big shake with about 50g protein and about 30g carbs from the oats. Drink 2/3 of it 1/2 hr before wo and the rest post wo then eat a meal shortly after. There is a running debate on whether you should use simple or complex carbs post wo. While bulking I add some gatorade in during my workout but not while cutting.Originally Posted by marshmallow man
That being said your pre and post wo nutrition has got to be the most imortant, especially during a cut. You don,t want to lose any more muscle mass than necessary.
Use the search button for post workout. Lots of good stuff on here.
Similar Forum Threads
- By ChaseRoy in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 04-01-2008, 11:41 AM
- By DobermanXXL in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2006, 03:22 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Weight LossReplies: 28Last Post: 12-02-2002, 01:12 AM
- By lbm4life in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2002, 04:56 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 10-25-2002, 11:28 PM