Snack Foods?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Protein Pudding

You can make you're own protein pudding using sugar free pudding mix and adding protein powder to the basic recipe. If you're using a protein powder that has thickeners in it, you might add a bit more skim milk to the overall recipe, but otherwise, just follow the box directions, and add enough protein in it, to cover your macronutrient ratios.

It tastes hella good, and it is complete as a snack/small meal.

The chocolate, vanilla, banana and butterscotch flavor all seem to go well with basic vanilla flavor protein powder.

2. Quote Originally Posted by akp2004
    You can make you're own protein pudding using sugar free pudding mix and adding protein powder to the basic recipe. If you're using a protein powder that has thickeners in it, you might add a bit more skim milk to the overall recipe, but otherwise, just follow the box directions, and add enough protein in it, to cover your macronutrient ratios.

The chocolate, vanilla, banana and butterscotch flavor all seem to go well with basic vanilla flavor protein powder.
    Thanks I will have to try that, and also to the above post I try to eat as much as I can 6+ meals a day but its hard when I am always working and dont have everything to be able to carry around and make my food.
    •   

3. yeah I usually get a handfull of raw almonds, pecans, and walnuts. Seems to help carry me over to the next meal.

4. Quote Originally Posted by akp2004

I do the same. But I use chocolate pudding and chocolate protein powder. Sometimes I put it in the freezer for a little bit too.
  5. Protein Pudding

Yea - and if you really want to splurge, you can sprinkle some almonds or peanuts etc on top of the protein pudding and just go to town!

Also, dont forget about nonfat coolwhip or some of the skim versions of whipping cream. Great, low cal ways of giving yourself a nice treat and staying on diet. I mean, in reality, an MRP has maltodextrin in it, and I can cut even using those, so adding a shot of whipping cream is not going to kill me.

The only risk is if you are cutting and having a weak moment... It goes something like this:

1) Look into fridge
    2) See whipping cream and pudding container
    3) Plan to make nice snack.
    4) Ditch plan
    5) Tilt head back and empty whipping cream can direct into mouth
    6) Go into temporary sugar/fat daze
    7) Repeat 1-2 more times.

8) Enter guilt and 'holy ****' statements

9)Take double dose sesathin.

10) Let sense of guilt subside by 1/2
    •   

6. haha I like how you broke that down into 10 steps