Fastest way to drop body fat????

ButterflyBomb

Awards
I have been reading the forums for a little while now......and I'd like some help. What is the fastest way to drop BF???
I am 5'5", 30%bf, 168lbs, soso diet and mod. activity level.
Give it to me straight.......No matter how hard let me have it.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alright...bend over...this may sting, and you don't want to hear it...

diet and exercise! :)

straighten out the soso diet and increase your activity level. It'll come off faster than you think. Eat low-moderate GI carbs, good fats, and enough protein. Log your food at fitday.com, try to eat 500cals<maintenance per day. Do HIIT or cardio 3 times a week. Lift some weights.

ButterflyBomb

Awards
ookk... so a restricted calorie diet and what arobics 3times a week????

DougMan

Awards
I can tell you first hand a so-so diet is a big problem if you want real results. We are talking about a night and day type difference between a consistent diet and a so-so one. I would suggest reading up everything you possibly can regarding the basics such as maintenance calories, calories burned by different activities and nutrition in general.

Or you can just start popping a bunch of fat burners and not change anything else. It won't get you results but at least you can say you tried!

Welcome to the board :)

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Clean up your diet first before cutting calories... by elimanating saturated fat and simple sugars you will cut calories anyway.

ButterflyBomb

Awards
My diet consists of unbreaded - non fried chicken, veggies, pasta, low salt low fat foods. exercise is mostly walking

Head Nurse

Awards
please help her out as much as possible guys........it's not easy to get women to sign on to this board and I'm trying to get as many as I can for you before I unsubscribe. So guide her and the others when they register okay..........

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay Just wondering, can you give us a daily breakdown of your foods? It might be that you are eating too little

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
do this for a while

every morning wake up, have some black coffee with splenda then go do 30 minutes of cardio at low to moderate intensity.

DON'T starve yourself. try to eat lightly but often, 4 times a day at least you should be getting some protein along with some veggies or something.

start working out with weights. you can do something real basic like 3 times a week alternating between lower body and upper body.

read this article and make sure that 95% of the food you eat is from the good list.

http://www.atomicnutrition.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=618

once you have done this for several weeks, start reading up on how to dose ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin or hoodia for appetite suppression if cravings are tough.

ButterflyBomb

Awards
A typical day for me looks like this:

1st meal- 1 egg, 1 tsp skim milk, 1/2 oz low fat chedder cheese, 12oz tea /w splenda
2nd meal- (only if my twin gets pushy) med. green apple
3rd meal - 1/2 wheat sandwich /w 1/4 oz sliced tukey or chicken or ham, 1slice low fat cheese, no mayo or anything
4th meal - (again if she gets pushy) 1 oz nuts (almonds)
5th meal - other half of sandwich, fruit or salad

I drink about a gallon of water sometimes less during the 12 hour shift.
I copied Head Nurses diet....so if it is wrong you have to yell at her too........

hahaha you just thought I wouldn't pull you down with me

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
not bad. Maybe have some whole grain bread for the sandwich. Drop the cheese and have fff of lf cottage cheese. I would also increase cardio a little to 1 hour a day of walking. 30 minutes morning or early and 30 minutes at night. Biggest thing for me after football was over about 3 months ago was the appetite. So maybe you need a suppressant like lipo-6, working well for me. And lastly be patient. I know from talking to my girl, women in general see results a lot slower than men. Patience is most important.Welcome to the boards

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looks good, but DO have the apple and nuts. It's good to get just some kind of food in you regularly, it will increase your metabolism or at least keep it from crashing. OTOH, how much protein are you gettin? Protein is not only good for your muscles and collagen synthesis, but it also helps regulate appetite, cravings and has a general metabolic boosting effect.

I recommend going to http://www.fitday.com and register and enter your foods and activities, this is a good food and calorie log.

Besides that, Lifting weights would be very very good. Boosting your thyroid gland would work, I'm sure your metabolism is slow. These have a good reputation for that : guggulsterones, 7-oxo-dhea or 7-keto-dhea, forskolin, tyrosine.

Remember, what you want isn't the "fastest way to drop bodyfat", it's the "fastest way to drop bodyfat and stay there".

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i heard the other day that it takes more calories to digest an apple than there is in one
may have been exagerated? i would think it applies to celery, cucumber, things that have no damn calories! i find (for myself) food choices are key. i love a big salad, (vinegar for dressing) i can bearly finish them sometimes. i get like six heads o' romaine for $2.79 at sam's. a couple of tomatoes, carrots, cuc, etc aren't going to jack the calories much either. oh yeah, protein EVERY meal.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
The fastest way to drop body fat is to do cardio 30mins a day for 5 to 7 days a week.

You will need to change your diet and drink plenty of water. Your main meat should be fish and chicken and plenty of fiber {veggie and fruit}

You will need to learn to eat 5 to 7 small meals a day. {Try a meal every 2 to 3 hours}

Also

Cut out all junk food and pops.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
A typical day for me looks like this:

1st meal- 1 egg, 1 tsp skim milk, 1/2 oz low fat chedder cheese, 12oz tea /w splenda
2nd meal- (only if my twin gets pushy) med. green apple
3rd meal - 1/2 wheat sandwich /w 1/4 oz sliced tukey or chicken or ham, 1slice low fat cheese, no mayo or anything
4th meal - (again if she gets pushy) 1 oz nuts (almonds)
5th meal - other half of sandwich, fruit or salad

I drink about a gallon of water sometimes less during the 12 hour shift.
I copied Head Nurses diet....so if it is wrong you have to yell at her too........

hahaha you just thought I wouldn't pull you down with me
Well looks like I am going to disagree with what the other members said. I don't think your diet has bad food in it AT ALL so I don't know why guys are telling you to drop the fat and soda etc since you aren't eating them anyways.

Good news is you should actually over time be able to eat MORE.

Bad news your metabolism is just about nonexistant. Probably from lack of muscle and eating LOW LOW calorie for so long.

Some braniac on here can figure out how many calories but I would GUESS you are looking at about 1000 calories. Is that right?

CROWLER

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
It's call rebuilding your metabolism and that why I gave the info and it will work. {Take it from someone that knows. I gave this same plan to a few people and it did wonders for their body} If that don't convince you, check my picture out on the left side of this page. { How that for proof :) }

also

Regarding the other guy comment...How does he know all the food and drinks you intake????? Duhhhh I know you eat and drink more than those items listed. If that's all the food you eat...I need to send you a check. ;)

The fastest way to drop body fat is to do cardio 30mins a day for 5 to 7 days a week.

You will need to change your diet and drink plenty of water. Your main meat should be fish and chicken and plenty of fiber {veggie and fruit}

You will need to learn to eat 5 to 7 small meals a day. {Try a meal every 2 to 3 hours}

Also

Cut out all junk food and pops.

ButterflyBomb

Awards
We share the same first name and birthday...........she just OLDER then me hehehehe

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
def increase your cardio...walk, than switch it up some....treadmill, add some weight training in there, your body gets used to the same thing quickly.....got to change it around some

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
sure that's "1/4 OZ sliced tukey or chicken or ham"? i added i up as that...
protein~25gms
carbs~75gms
fat~25gms
total calories~620
way to low for any human being... i was never very overweight, but my fat loss stops if i go more than 1000cals (diet+exercise)below maintenance for more that a couple of days. just my 2 cents. best of luck (skill)