Help!!!

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
First off just wanted to say I am super embarrassed to post this of me. I hate the way i look now and i am struggling!!!
My height is 5’6
Weight is 194
What do u think my bF is right now?
I medically retired from the army back in 2017 and i cant loose the weight. I just want your opinions. Should i be strict to a carnivore diet? I hate ****ing vegetables btw! And my training is ketogains its a 5x5 based workout and its a full body program every other day basically. I will put the pictures up of my body and pics of my sups. I just need motivation or something!!!!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cute kid. If it's fat loss your after just reduce calories. Eat foods you like but reduce quantity. That way your more likely to stick to the plan. Work out too if you like but it's not necessary, will give you better looking results though and allow you to eat a bit more. Don't crash diet just write down what you eat now, weight yourself weekly then reduce the food a little every week until the scale starts to drop.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Git some nice supps in there, Olympus and vicious. ...

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
thanks wobmarvel thats my little buddy! hes autistic love him to death! but i have been struggling bad since i got out of the army! but i have went from 205 to 194-193 but i cant get passed it for some reason.

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
yeah just got the vicious in the mail today stoked to try it!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey bro, bf is probably around 30% but I wouldn’t be worrying about that.

Imo you just need to be creating a small calorie deficit and sustaining for a a long duration. Use a calorie tracker like MyFitnessPal to be consistent. It’s a bit trial and error as you’ll need to set a calorie target and then adjust to make sure you are losing weight but not too fast. 2lbs a week is ideal.

Keep protein up around 250g plus and split carbs and fats however you prefer.

Focus on whole unprocessed foods and see this as lifestyle rather than a diet.

Good luck bro

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
Hey bro, bf is probably around 30% but I wouldn’t be worrying about that.

Imo you just need to be creating a small calorie deficit and sustaining for a a long duration. Use a calorie tracker like MyFitnessPal to be consistent. It’s a bit trial and error as you’ll need to set a calorie target and then adjust to make sure you are losing weight but not too fast. 2lbs a week is ideal.

Keep protein up around 250g plus and split carbs and fats however you prefer.

Focus on whole unprocessed foods and see this as lifestyle rather than a diet.

Good luck bro
Thanks brother!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
First off just wanted to say I am super embarrassed to post this of me. I hate the way i look now and i am struggling!!!
My height is 5’6
Weight is 194
What do u think my bF is right now?
I medically retired from the army back in 2017 and i cant loose the weight. I just want your opinions. Should i be strict to a carnivore diet? I hate ****ing vegetables btw! And my training is ketogains its a 5x5 based workout and its a full body program every other day basically. I will put the pictures up of my body and pics of my sups. I just need motivation or something!!!!
Bro, I struggled when I medicalled out too. You got this, everyone else has given you some great advice and I would say the same thing. Figure out what your maintenance calories are, then go with a deficit from there. Keep your protein high, eat healthy fats, and keep your carbs on the lower side. Lifting will help, but you can't forget the cardio. There is a reason we did it every morning when we where in.

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
Bro, I struggled when I medicalled out too. You got this, everyone else has given you some great advice and I would say the same thing. Figure out what your maintenance calories are, then go with a deficit from there. Keep your protein high, eat healthy fats, and keep your carbs on the lower side. Lifting will help, but you can't forget the cardio. There is a reason we did it every morning when we where in.
Yeah man very true!!!! I hate damn cardio!!!!!!! I always maxed pushups and situps but when it came to the 2mile barely pass that bitch lol

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You have a Good Foundation of having a Great Body! The advice in here has been on point. Good Luck Brother!

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
You have a Good Foundation of having a Great Body! The advice in here has been on point. Good Luck Brother!
Thanks brother! I used to be in shape but fell tf off! Esp after surgery i packed on 30lbs and only lost about 10-15 lbs of it.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother! I used to be in shape but fell tf off! Esp after surgery i packed on 30lbs and only lost about 10-15 lbs of it.
You have already broken the biggest plateau the 200's. It took me a while to do that, and it took my wife some time as well. Now time to really key in that diet and do the things you know what to do. Does this old SGT need to come wake you up for PT?
Just dont do it like we did while Active....Still, Drunk. Lol

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey man, great job so far. We have all had our own journeys. I know Whisky has lost a ton before and I've lost about 120 pounds from my peak to my lowest.

One thing I have noticed about human nature and people who have a lot of weight to lose. We like to adopt beliefs that keep us from hard work. These include, "I just need to cut back." Or "I can eat what I want as long as I have smaller portions." Or "I just need to stop eating ABC food" where ABC food = something like ice cream.

And the thing is, these beliefs often work....in the begining....for a little while. And then it stops. And you have to buckle down and get your **** together brother.

Get a notebook. Get a pencil. Get a scale. Weigh and measure and log everything you eat. Figure out how many calories you take in, how much protein and how much fat. Then come here and tell us exactly what you are doing precisely. We can help better if we know exactly what is going in and the results that input is causing. Then we can tell you exactly what to change. I know it will be work, but if you want to do it, we will help.

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
You have already broken the biggest plateau the 200's. It took me a while to do that, and it took my wife some time as well. Now time to really key in that diet and do the things you know what to do. Does this old SGT need to come wake you up for PT?
Just dont do it like we did while Active....Still, Drunk. Lol
Lmao!!!!! Well come on lets get it brother

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
Hey man, great job so far. We have all had our own journeys. I know Whisky has lost a ton before and I've lost about 120 pounds from my peak to my lowest.

One thing I have noticed about human nature and people who have a lot of weight to lose. We like to adopt beliefs that keep us from hard work. These include, "I just need to cut back." Or "I can eat what I want as long as I have smaller portions." Or "I just need to stop eating ABC food" where ABC food = something like ice cream.

And the thing is, these beliefs often work....in the begining....for a little while. And then it stops. And you have to buckle down and get your **** together brother.

Get a notebook. Get a pencil. Get a scale. Weigh and measure and log everything you eat. Figure out how many calories you take in, how much protein and how much fat. Then come here and tell us exactly what you are doing precisely. We can help better if we know exactly what is going in and the results that input is causing. Then we can tell you exactly what to change. I know it will be work, but if you want to do it, we will help.
Thanks brother i really appreciate the tips!!! Yeah temptation kills me when it comes to food! And redbulls are my weakness i can do the carnivore diet i love meat!!! I just gotta be committed

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Solid advice and info in here. My one additional comment would be to work on changing your mindset about your habits. At first, I hated vegetables, and to be honest I don't think anyone enjoys cardio; but they are components of a healthy lifestyle. The more you incorporate the good things that you don't like, the more benefit and return you'll begin seeing.

Shift your mindset and work toward living a healthier lifestyle. Put in the work on figuring out your calorie intake, lift big, and do your cardio. The results will follow.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Solid advice and info in here. My one additional comment would be to work on changing your mindset about your habits. At first, I hated vegetables, and to be honest I don't think anyone enjoys cardio; but they are components of a healthy lifestyle. The more you incorporate the good things that you don't like, the more benefit and return you'll begin seeing.

Shift your mindset and work toward living a healthier lifestyle. Put in the work on figuring out your calorie intake, lift big, and do your cardio. The results will follow.
I agree,100%

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There's a lot of truth here but the fact is. You CAN eat what you want but smaller portions, you CAN eat ice cream if you want. You DON'T need to do extreme exercise. I lost over 40lbs doing just this.

I DID however eat the exact same foods every day, these included chicken with skin on seasoned with bbq rub, peanut butter, apples, bananas, protein powder, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, cheese, ketchup, and a tub of Ben and jerrys every week. If the weightloss stalled I would reduce the oatmeal and peanut butter and I reduced two shakes per day to one for the last two weeks.

I ended up looking like this. Very skinny yes, but my goal was to see my abs again in my 40s (I was 42 here). My weight was just under 170 lbs. I was only working out three times per week at home for only 30 mins. I was walking too and from work five days per week though, a round trip of five miles. I could have looked more muscular if I did more heavy weight work but my point is, you don't need to if fat loss is your goal. You can out diet lackluster workouts but you can't out workout a poor diet. View attachment 176083
That is tremendous work man. Yes - I also agree with what you say. It DOES depend on starting point. I think for me and a lot of people I am describing, the habits are so broken they need a major revamp...and sometimes we don't want to admit it when we are that far gone and we need to just say, "Ok, let's do this for real now".

And I don't mean to paint everyone with the same brush, but often I see people in this position where they lost a certain amount of weight and then it just stops and they don't know what to do next and it is because they really didn't get the basics down - buckle in, cut out as much junk as possible, weigh and log. Once you have that, it becomes way easier to see where you can make changes that will actually have an effect and this gives you control. This is why I told him to log his diet and post it...then we can look at it and say, "Oh, here is exactly the minor or major change you need to make right here..."

It sounds like, in your case, you were not that far gone and then, yes, modifications like you mention are appropriate. And OP may be in that category too. He has a great base and not as much to lose as I did.

Unlike you, I am not a quitter though. And by this, what I mean is - when I take the lid off of a pint of Ben and Jerry's...I throw it away!!! (I am obviously joking)

A tub of ice cream a week that fits in your maintenance macros is fine...but I used to do that every few nights. I used food like a drug. It was like searching for pleasure and never finding it. We all think of eating disorders as being NOT eating, but I think over eating is a huge eating disorder that gets way over looked and does, in fact, have complicated pathology which involves chemical pathways, environment, psychology, etc.

Yes, you can eat ice cream and whatever you want - in moderation - but for me I really needed to give it all up for long enough to come back and have a healthier approach toward it. I am still not 100% - still working on it and have been for 4-5 years. But I am way better...and still getting better.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
That is tremendous work man. Yes - I also agree with what you say. It DOES depend on starting point. I think for me and a lot of people I am describing, the habits are so broken they need a major revamp...and sometimes we don't want to admit it when we are that far gone and we need to just say, "Ok, let's do this for real now".

And I don't mean to paint everyone with the same brush, but often I see people in this position where they lost a certain amount of weight and then it just stops and they don't know what to do next and it is because they really didn't get the basics down - buckle in, cut out as much junk as possible, weigh and log. Once you have that, it becomes way easier to see where you can make changes that will actually have an effect and this gives you control. This is why I told him to log his diet and post it...then we can look at it and say, "Oh, here is exactly the minor or major change you need to make right here..."

It sounds like, in your case, you were not that far gone and then, yes, modifications like you mention are appropriate. And OP may be in that category too. He has a great base and not as much to lose as I did.

Unlike you, I am not a quitter though. And by this, what I mean is - when I take the lid off of a pint of Ben and Jerry's...I throw it away!!! (I am obviously joking)

A tub of ice cream a week that fits in your maintenance macros is fine...but I used to do that every few nights. I used food like a drug. It was like searching for pleasure and never finding it. We all think of eating disorders as being NOT eating, but I think over eating is a huge eating disorder that gets way over looked and does, in fact, have complicated pathology which involves chemical pathways, environment, psychology, etc.

Yes, you can eat ice cream and whatever you want - in moderation - but for me I really needed to give it all up for long enough to come back and have a healthier approach toward it. I am still not 100% - still working on it and have been for 4-5 years. But I am way better...and still getting better.
Yeah im the same. If i go to eat whatever i want in smaller portions, that sh1t dont work for me. Im a freaking black hole and i cant atop til im satisfied. Which is why healthier foods are important because you can eat larger portions of those

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah im the same. If i go to eat whatever i want in smaller portions, that sh1t dont work for me. Im a freaking black hole and i cant atop til im satisfied. Which is why healthier foods are important because you can eat larger portions of those
I get what you guys are saying, although when I had the ben and jerrys I would indeed eat the whole tub in one sitting, every Saturday night. It would be the thing I looked forward too throughout the week because I did feel hungry, a lot. Its the feeling hungry that is the biggest challenge for a lot of people and when you are on a deficit it is gonna happen because your body wants the calories it's used to. That's why my diet worked for me, because each of the meals was something I craved and eating every few hours meant that as the hunger started to set in I was usually within an hour of my next meal.

The morning shake would be cookies and cream protein mixed with oatmeal, peanut butter and a banana, tasted like a ben and jerrys ice cream blended up, nice and thick and about 700 calories, then an hour or so after that I would start feeling hungry again and it was time for bbq chicken on the bone with crispy skin, feels like a greasy cheat meal. Three hours after that would be a shake again but different flavour, usually cinnamon bun, again tastes like a desert. A few hours later and it's fried bacon, eggs and mushrooms on toast with cheese and ketchup. Then post workout a couple of hours later would be Greek yogurt mixed with white chocolate flavour protein, peanut butter and raisins, tastes like a sickly thick cake batter. I would eat a couple of apples throughout the day but none of this felt like a "diet" and there was not a salad in site, or plain chicken breast, white rice etc. Every meal and shake was made to a certain size so you couldn't eat more of it even if you wanted and the ben and jerrys would be the whole tub in one go. There was no "I suppose I should put the lid on and save some for another day".

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Having said all that a lot of self control is still needed. I too have kids in the house, we have a cupboard full of snacks, sweets, chocolate, crisps etc. And I just wouldn't touch any of it. Like you guys I would not be able to pop a tube of pringles, eat a few and put them back. Once I get a taste for it I have to eat the lot. The trick is not to get a taste for it. My wife and I would sit and watch a movie in the evening and she would grab a pack of crisps and a kitkat but I simply wouldn't have any which was a million times easier than having a couple of her crisps which would set off the cravings.

That's another challenge, eating completely different meals to the rest of the family.

Also eating the exact same foods day after day would do a lot of people's heads in. As you start to see results in the mirror though you get motivated to stay on it. It was when people started to comment on my face looking really thin I realised it was time to stop.

So it's not easy in a lot of respects but as far as reasons like "I can't do it cos I hate diet foods" or "I don't have time to put in the work outs" it doesn't have to be that difficult. Not saying these are OPs reasons just examples I hear. Having been in the military you were probably running drills that were burning up to 1000 extra cals per day so if your not doing those anymore you need to cut 1000 cals just to hit maintenance which is a challenge in itself. Like I said earlier, your gonna feel hungry.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother i really appreciate the tips!!! Yeah temptation kills me when it comes to food! And redbulls are my weakness i can do the carnivore diet i love meat!!! I just gotta be committed
Question? What was your MOS? I ask cause combat arms guys have been proven to have low-t have you been tested for that at the VA or outside? I was diagnosed using an outside doctor, and learned that combat arms guys have been diagnosed with it. I'm a retired 11B2B4, thats why I ask

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And as far as Redbulls go, do you drink Rip Its as well. I have found Bang to work just as well and they are better than Redbulls and Rip Its

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
Question? What was your MOS? I ask cause combat arms guys have been proven to have low-t have you been tested for that at the VA or outside? I was diagnosed using an outside doctor, and learned that combat arms guys have been diagnosed with it. I'm a retired 11B2B4, thats why I ask
19kilo brother tanker! And i have had low -t i was on fortesta pump testosterone but the va took me off too see what my levels would be at. I still gott 3 bottles full left.

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
And as far as Redbulls go, do you drink Rip Its as well. I have found Bang to work just as well and they are better than Redbulls and Rip Its
And just went to gnc and bought a bunch of those bangs!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id recommending doing reps between 6-12 for hypertrophy. Occasionally its okay to do strength training which is around 1-6 reps, not all the time though.

Nutrition you need to get into a calorie deficit and stick to foods that work for you.

usarmytickle6

usarmytickle6

Awards
Id recommending doing reps between 6-12 for hypertrophy. Occasionally its okay to do strength training which is around 1-6 reps, not all the time though.

Nutrition you need to get into a calorie deficit and stick to foods that work for you.
Thank you brother!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
One thing that seems relatively untouched in this conversation is meal frequency and it’s importance to metabolic rate. Whatever you do, make sure to split your daily intake into as many smaller portions as possible. The less frequently you eat, the more the body has a need to store fat. Negate that need with meal frequency and it will help a lot. As long as you follow all the advice of the others as well and track your intake based on a healthy eating plan for your weight, as described by the others.

Also, not touched on is the fact that you’ve got some hormonal products there, are planning to use them, but haven’t necessarily shown experience needed to do so. I would highly recommend avoiding hormones for as long as possible while you figure out your nutrition and get fully into your habits of training and tracking. The reason is because hormones work, some better than others, and throwing them in while you’re still trying to find the nutrients that work for you to lean out (the actual food you actually enjoy eating that fits your planned macros and finding that your planned macros are adequate to stimulate lipolysis) will skew the actual effects of the diet and training regimen. Having everything working, and then throwing a hormone or two in, will absolutely without question be far more effective for both results and wellbeing.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So when you've done keto is it possible to see how your diet would look like cause people tend to misunderstand keto. Switching carbs to fats doesn't mean you'll get slim. Just like fast sugar isn't gonna be a good option as a main carb source saturated fats isn't gonna be a good fat source with keto. Eating more fats equals less bloat from water that's really about it.

What happens with keto is that your body will burn the fat you eat cause that's your body's fuel. If you eat carbs your body will burn the carbs as fuel.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You already had great advices but all I can say is trust yourself and believe in you, have a vision and go by it day to day. You’ll make it brotha