DHT levels and body fat

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
So everything that I read about on the internet seems to be somewhat conflicting about this topic. I've always thought DHT was known for being a great recomping and cutting hormone, however things I'm seeing says DHT causes fat deposition around the midsection. I've been taking Butea Superba for the last several weeks and have noticed a noticeable increase in muscle fullness as well as a slimming of my waistline. Any thoughts or experiences about using natural DHT agonists or supplements like Epi-Andro in terms of leaning out?

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for the info. But just a thought, as dht is much higher in men than women, maybe dht encourages male fat distribution patterns but helps to lower body fat percentage?

Glow

Awards
Dihydrotestosterone hormone is one of the hormones that make men be called men. In fact, it is believed that anyone wanting to boost his male characteristics should use DHT. DHT binds androgen receptors and triggers male characteristics. It enhances erection quality, deepens a man’s voice and increases ego. Obviously, using the supplement explains the reduced waist size but increased stamina.

boulon

Awards
So everything that I read about on the internet seems to be somewhat conflicting about this topic. I've always thought DHT was known for being a great recomping and cutting hormone, however things I'm seeing says DHT causes fat deposition around the midsection. I've been taking Butea Superba for the last several weeks and have noticed a noticeable increase in muscle fullness as well as a slimming of my waistline. Any thoughts or experiences about using natural DHT agonists or supplements like Epi-Andro in terms of leaning out?
Hello, can you gîve us the name of your supp?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Men predisposed to androgenic alopecia dont want too high levels of DHt otherwise they lose their hair therefore, some like myself take finasteride here and there to lower dht levels.

yes DHT does help sex drive, yes it does deepen the voice. When I stop finasteride or dont take it as much, my voice deepens. I don't believe cushing dht is a good thing, I do however feel reducing it is beneficial, esp if wanting to spare your hair from falling out.

for those that arn't predisposed, this doesnt apply. This is the hand some men are dealt with, and to help spare your hair these precautions can help keep more hair.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Hello, can you gîve us the name of your supp?
It's Butea Superba. Don't recall the actual brand name of it, but a google search will yield several results. It's not a well-known supplement in America yet. I also have Epi-Andro I use sometimes too, but the Butea Superba seems to have a more natural way of increasing DHT and actually makes me feel better then Epi-Andro.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Men predisposed to androgenic alopecia dont want too high levels of DHt otherwise they lose their hair therefore, some like myself take finasteride here and there to lower dht levels.

yes DHT does help sex drive, yes it does deepen the voice. When I stop finasteride or dont take it as much, my voice deepens. I don't believe cushing dht is a good thing, I do however feel reducing it is beneficial, esp if wanting to spare your hair from falling out.

for those that arn't predisposed, this doesnt apply. This is the hand some men are dealt with, and to help spare your hair these precautions can help keep more hair.
I agree, however this is not high on my priority. Some men spend more time and focus on their hair then anything else. It's part of the their identity. For me, I think supporting natural male characteristics is more valuable than a head of hair. But that's just me.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
DHT grows hair; it doesn't directly cause balding so why do we say DHT causes hairloss?

It comes down to the shape of the head and weight of the skin. We find DHT in the scalp because it's the body's response to fix your sagging, circulation damaging skin. DHT can accelerate the process by thinning the skin (burns fat) and reducing the cushioning (fat) in the scalp. But remember, it's mostly protecting your hairline.

Will taking something that increases DHT accelerate the process? Possibly, everyone's different, lots of factors and it depends on where you are in life. So really you need to assess your risk to DHT. Do you work out a lot, are you overweight, are you already balding, have you tried hormones before? Best generic answer I can give is if you already workout and have for years, chances are low DHT increasing products will change anything.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's Butea Superba. Don't recall the actual brand name of it, but a google search will yield several results. It's not a well-known supplement in America yet. I also have Epi-Andro I use sometimes too, but the Butea Superba seems to have a more natural way of increasing DHT and actually makes me feel better then Epi-Andro.
What was the name of the Butea Superba supplement and what dose did you use? Thank you