Protein shakes

wncbbq

Awards
Hey gang! I am doing heavy lifting to try to lose weight. I was in shape but had a fat episode for 8 months.
While trying to cut fat and build muscle mass do you drink protein after workouts as if you would for regular bulking?
I’ve got the other diet on check but this and creative make me wonder if it’s counter productive.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey gang! I am doing heavy lifting to try to lose weight. I was in shape but had a fat episode for 8 months.
While trying to cut fat and build muscle mass do you drink protein after workouts as if you would for regular bulking?
I’ve got the other diet on check but this and creative make me wonder if it’s counter productive.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
Substitute your milk with almond and skim milk if you use milk and use a very low fat/carb protein powder and you will be good to go. Protein powder is essential with weight training especially heavy weight training. Need to heal them muscles and trade fat for muscle growth.

My best days of recomping or losing fat while gaining muscle was by having a low clean carb diet with high protein. Allow yourself a few refeeds here and there to keep you sane.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally like 1% FairLife milk. Less calories, fat, and more protein.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really it's all about overall diet and what did you intake consistently over a period of time. But yes I take shakes when I'm cutting. Like said above I would use water or skim milk for shakes while cutting though.

wncbbq

Awards
Thanks guys!!! I use water to mix. I was taking in 3-4K a day, and I’ve progressively cut to 1200 net calories via the my plate app.
Would y’all recommend creating also?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks guys!!! I use water to mix. I was taking in 3-4K a day, and I’ve progressively cut to 1200 net calories via the my plate app.
I find myfitnesspal app to work the best. As far as shakes I use water.

wncbbq

Awards
I’ll have to look at that one again.. last time I was on it, you had to fill in a lot of the info!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I find myfitnesspal app to work the best. As far as shakes I use water.
Yep, been using it for years. Anything with a barcode you just scan.

You don’t ‘need’ a protein shake after training by the way, the anabolic window is much longer than bro science tells us (like hours longer), just go home and eat any protein based meal. But personally I do use shakes simply as it’s such a convenient to get plenty of protein in (I’m also a fan of high protein diets). They also taste good and I use them to satisfy any sweet tooth craving.

wncbbq

Awards
Yep, been using it for years. Anything with a barcode you just scan.

You don’t ‘need’ a protein shake after training by the way, the anabolic window is much longer than bro science tells us (like hours longer), just go home and eat any protein based meal. But personally I do use shakes simply as it’s such a convenient to get plenty of protein in (I’m also a fan of high protein diets). They also taste good and I use them to satisfy any sweet tooth craving.
Ha I love high protein diets as well!
The wife asked me to “ make a meal not just meat tonight”
Lol.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1200 cals...how is that working out?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AmateurStrong

AmateurStrong

Awards
He faded :(

wncbbq

Awards
It’s working good man! I eat great! Once I get down some more weight I’ll raise calories back up to a more moderate diet.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

wncbbq

Awards
I’m not mad! I just missed the notifications! I would have taken the same opportunity lol.
I think the times I eat are a big factor, I eat a late Bfast, then workout then a good lunch then low calorie dinner.