Apple cider vinegar

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
It can help a lot with digestion and has been studied to help with insulin spikes and blood sugar. It's best when taken 15-20 minutes before a higher carb meal.

As others have mentioned, definitely cut it with water. Taking a straight shot can end up damaging your teeth and causing stomach discomfort

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I drink it every morning....a little water, some pink salt and some ACV, drink it at room temp

can't say you notice huge benefits or anything but like I told my buddy, I feel like I stay a bit more lean now that I started it, however I can't say it's the drink as much as it's just knowing what diet works for me better as time goes on or that my workout routine hasn't improved

i'm not going to stop drinking it but I don't think it's some miracle drink

Logray

Awards
  • Established
I drink one usually before a higher carb meal, and before dinner/bedtime only diluted with some water. Definietly improves digestion, and a minor leaning effect for me.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I drink it every morning....a little water, some pink salt and some ACV, drink it at room temp

can't say you notice huge benefits or anything but like I told my buddy, I feel like I stay a bit more lean now that I started it, however I can't say it's the drink as much as it's just knowing what diet works for me better as time goes on or that my workout routine hasn't improved

i'm not going to stop drinking it but I don't think it's some miracle drink
Same for me. And it's cheap and a bottle of it lasts awhile. So it's not really hurting the bank or anything for me.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heartburn went away for the most part after I started ACV.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Heartburn went away for the most part after I started ACV.
That's the biggest thing I noticed, I have terrible heartburn and the acv makes it worse for the first few days and then boom no more heartburn.

btothefman

Awards
2 table spoons before every solid meal, it's very good for the health benefits associated with decent stomach acidity

Glow

Awards
Yes, I have read that apple cider vinegar can help in weight loss, even though it is said that it has a lot of side effects, especially to one's manhood. But it is good since it lowers cholesterol levels and reduces the chances of developing heart conditions.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What dose this do ?
Has it worked for you ?
ACV is amazing. It helps with insulin sensitivity and is good for gut health. I mix a little bit with water first thing in the morning, nefore bed, and before any meal with carbs unless it is a post workout meal. Here is a couple good reads.

All three groups had better blood sugar readings with vinegar than with placebo.
The group with diabetes improved blood sugar by 25 percent.
The group with pre-diabetic symptoms had lower blood sugar than even the healthy group.
The group with pre-diabetic symptoms benefitted the most as their blood glucose concentrations were cut almost in half.
https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/tip-boost-insulin-sensitivity-with-acv

Use vinegar as a salad dressing as it attenuates the glucose and insulin response from a carb meal, in addition to raising insulin sensitivity in general. Continued use can lead to an average weight loss of two pounds in four weeks. Also consider taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed, as studies have shown that it can lower morning blood sugar by 4 to 6 percent.
https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/how-to-eliminate-love-handles-muffin-tops

Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before you go to bed. It'll lower your fasting blood sugar the next morning by 4 to 6 percent. Continued use – at bedtime and even during the day, mixing it into foods when possible – will lead to an average weight loss of 2 pounds in 4 weeks. More vinegar science.
https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/17-nutrition-tips-that-change-your-life

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ACV is amazing. It helps with insulin sensitivity and is good for gut health. I mix a little bit with water first thing in the morning, nefore bed, and before any meal with carbs unless it is a post workout meal. Here is a couple good reads.
Just wish the taste was a little better haha.

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just wish the taste was a little better haha.
My local stores sell a couple premixed products with flavoring that look good but overpriced. The pitmaster at work mixes organic honey in his and it makes it much more palatable. Good thread, I'm going to pick up some Bragg's and lemon juice soon, or would it be preferable to do fresh squeezed lemon juice...

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My local stores sell a couple premixed products with flavoring that look good but overpriced. The pitmaster at work mixes organic honey in his and it makes it much more palatable. Good thread, I'm going to pick up some Bragg's and lemon juice soon, or would it be preferable to do fresh squeezed lemon juice...
I’m sure fresh squeezed would be better pasteurization always takes a toll on that stuff.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use the bottle cap and do about two of them filled with acv. Between meals. sometimes with meals. Sometimes even befor ebed, as this helps lower blood sugar levels some, and upon awaking blood sugar levels are a little bit lower than they would have been. ACV also takes away my indigestion quite fast.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have zero issue with the taste of ACV but for the guys that do try raw coconut vinegar. Has a touch sweeter taste to it. Completely comparable as it comes with "mother" as well.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll have to look into the coconut vinegar.

ACV definitely helps me reduce heartburn. I always use it before really high carb meals, or spicy meals. I need to get on a daily routine though.

deanX

Awards
I have zero issue with the taste of ACV but for the guys that do try raw coconut vinegar. Has a touch sweeter taste to it. Completely comparable as it comes with "mother" as well.
My buddy seems not to like the taste of ACV. Good to hear about this alternative.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'll have to try mixing honey in it and see how it tastes. Haven't tried that yet.

Stillbloom

Awards
According to my google search result, adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your diet can help you lose weight. It can also reduce your body fat percentage, make you lose belly fat and decrease your blood triglycerides.

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
I personally found that the pills work so much better, since I don’t have to deal with flavor and the usually stomach upset.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I personally found that the pills work so much better, since I don’t have to deal with flavor and the usually stomach upset.
I’m in agreement with this. Most people stop using it because of flavor, heartburn or other issues with the liquid. Pills may work well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
According to my google search result, adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your diet can help you lose weight. It can also reduce your body fat percentage, make you lose belly fat and decrease your blood triglycerides.
There is tons of stuff on the internet about the benefits. I've been trying to take it daily before breakfast. I plan on adding it before dinner as well. I haven't noticed any miracles but for all the benefits it lists I figured it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. It's pretty cheap to.

AmateurStrong

AmateurStrong

Awards
I didn't notice anything that warranted me continuing with that awful taste

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I didn't notice anything that warranted me continuing with that awful taste
They do make some tabs of capsules that you could find work better.

AmateurStrong

AmateurStrong

Awards
They do make some tabs of capsules that you could find work better.
I did not know that, might just look into it and give it a second go if they are cheap.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use ACV and lemon juice every morning and night on my face. It’s good for blemishes,pimples,and regenerate the skin.

Dab a little of ACV and lemon juice on facial pad and wipe your entire face and neck gently.

I mix ACV lemon juice and about 2-3 ounces of water together in a 8 oz bottle.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Idk if I could stand my face smelling like ACV. haha

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is tons of stuff on the internet about the benefits. I've been trying to take it daily before breakfast. I plan on adding it before dinner as well. I haven't noticed any miracles but for all the benefits it lists I figured it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. It's pretty cheap to.
I'm a daily acv guy, recently I have added sea salt with the acv. I do 2 tbl spoons acv / sea salt / h20. Once upon waking, once before bed.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The taste shouldn't be that bad, especially if you are diluting it with water, which you should do regardless. I can't justify the caps for the cost of the liquid.

Make sure you aren't buying the cheap stuff, look for one with Mother strands.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Throw in some cayenne pepper to really amp up your metabolism...

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had a Stye on My right Eye upper lid. I woke up Wednesday morning it was swollen and sore. I used Stye Eye relief drop and I placed a warm towel over it several times. Friday morning I used a q-tip and dipping it in My organic lemon,Cinnamon, and honey ACV. also I add water in the ACV. I placed the q-tip directly on the STYE and the pain and soreness went away immediately! Swelling has gone down almost completely and My eye looks much better today.

IMG_3212.JPG

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
Need to lose 100 lbs i will be trying this

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The taste shouldn't be that bad, especially if you are diluting it with water, which you should do regardless. I can't justify the caps for the cost of the liquid.

Make sure you aren't buying the cheap stuff, look for one with Mother strands.
I used to drink this with water cause I liked the taste but got tired of the mix m. Sometimes I just have like a tablespoon without water. Love it haha. Not using it for any benefits though and I can see how many people would hate it.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to drink this with water cause I liked the taste but got tired of the mix m. Sometimes I just have like a tablespoon without water. Love it haha. Not using it for any benefits though and I can see how many people would hate it.
I just started using a couple days ago so im looking forward to seeing some,of the benefits. They say that takin it straight eats the enamel off of teeth thats why youre supposed to mix it in water.

My God tho man you like the taste? Its foul lol

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just started using a couple days ago so im looking forward to seeing some,of the benefits. They say that takin it straight eats the enamel off of teeth thats why youre supposed to mix it in water.

My God tho man you like the taste? Its foul lol
Yeah I like lemon too, anything that's sour. Everyone else hates it haha. Yeah gotta be careful with the teeth unfortunately for me.

Gator762

Awards
I'm trying this out now too. The taste isn't all that bad, I've seen a few recipes trying to turn it into some beverage but I just put 1 Tbsp into about 8 oz of water and chug it.

Trepstar

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I recommended ACV to someone who was suffering with gastric reflux caused from candida overgrowth in the esophagus. After taking ACV with lemon water first thing in the morning for two weeks she was completely pain free.