8% BF and no abs...

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. 8% BF and no abs...

Hey guys please let me know if Iím in the right section. Never posted in this section before.

So to get right to it a few months ago I got my BF measured using the BODPOD done by a professional in a research lab and had a BF level of 8.1% (still have the print off sheet) at 163lbs. Yet I still did NOT have abs. BMR was 1777 Cal.

24yrs old and 5í9 1/2Ē

I obviously hold most of my fat in my abdominal area. What am I doing wrong and how can I get a aesthetic set of abs? The obvious answer would be lose more fat but any other tips?

Should I resort to fat burners? Topical fat burners? Working out abdominals more? Lower cortisol or estrogen? Increase test (natty supps)?

Thanks in advance!!

2. Try the ketogenic or carnivore diet. You will drop subq water, and excess fat.
    •   

3. How tall are you?
    High Intensity Training log, wedding prep:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    How tall are you?
    I’m gonna guess 6 foot plus. Only possible explanation is very little lean mass and a tall frame cause at 8% bf anyone should have abs.

What’s your lifting history OP? I think the answer probably is there....

5. OP - are you currently lifting? What does your diet and training schedule look like?
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   

6. 8% BF and no abs...

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Iím gonna guess 6 foot plus. Only possible explanation is very little lean mass and a tall frame cause at 8% bf anyone should have abs.

Whatís your lifting history OP? I think the answer probably is there....
    I am 5í9 1/2Ē
    Or 176cm

Lifting history: 10yrs of lifting, started off in high school lifting for football and power lifting (max lifts 315 bench, 450 squat and dead).

Currently much weaker though and training around a lot of injuries, 5-day split w/ abs everyday (back, chest, shoulders, legs, arms). Low-moderate weight (because of injuries) and high reps 15-20. I choose 1 exercise per session to go to failure otherwise I lift more to chase the pump instead of heavy weight (still use progressive overload concept).

Stretch, foam roll, 30min on recumbent bike, then lift.

Diet:

Pre-workout meal: 1/2 oats, 25g whey protein, 1tbspn PB and cinnamon

Post-workout: 30g protein (itís a blend of whey/casein), 3 whole eggs, 1/2c spinach

2 other meals later: fish/chicken or 85/15 ground beef and 1c of vegetables (changes)

Supps: multivit, fish oil, cissus, glucosamine/chondroitin, collagen, turmeric and preworkout

7. Lift more and use your abs more.
    Deadlift properly, squat deeply. Do both heavy as long as you have good form.

Do 100 sit-ups a day with full range of motion. All 100 in one sitting. If it burns, good. When itís unbearable, stop.

Do more compound movements. Isolated movements are good but only as an accessory.

A strong core is a result of necessity. If your body isnít getting the signal that it needs strong abs, then it wonít.

8. Quote Originally Posted by DGator86 View Post
    Lift more and use your abs more.
    Deadlift properly, squat deeply. Do both heavy as long as you have good form.

Do 100 sit-ups a day with full range of motion. All 100 in one sitting. If it burns, good. When itís unbearable, stop.

Do more compound movements. Isolated movements are good but only as an accessory.

A strong core is a result of necessity. If your body isnít getting the signal that it needs strong abs, then it wonít.
    Yes, core is definitely used in compound movements (primarily squat, dead and OH press).

I do weighted crunches 3x50, weighted ab machine 6x25 5x/week.

Any modifications you would add?

9. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    Yes, core is definitely used in compound movements (primarily squat, dead and OH press).

GHD's, hip extensions, back extensions.

Floor wipers.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogHSTeH75y0

10. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post

Isometric holds, anti flexion and extension stuff .......but........I’m really confused as to how you don’t have abs with that lifting history and bf - I mean the rest of you must look shrink wrapped - can you put a pic up? Is this really no abs or just not really really shredded looking abs?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    I’m gonna guess 6 foot plus. Only possible explanation is very little lean mass and a tall frame cause at 8% bf anyone should have abs.

What’s your lifting history OP? I think the answer probably is there....
    Agreed, that was my thinking as well.
    High Intensity Training log, wedding prep:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html

12. Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Agreed, that was my thinking as well.
    Iím 5í 9 1/2Ē
    176cm

13. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Isometric holds, anti flexion and extension stuff .......but........Iím really confused as to how you donít have abs with that lifting history and bf - I mean the rest of you must look shrink wrapped - can you put a pic up? Is this really no abs or just not really really shredded looking abs?
    Iíll add those in!

Unfortunately, that was my last cut that I got the BODPOD test and Iím currently bulking. Just looking for info for my next cut.

The only proof I have is this print off. Name:  IMG_1183.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  402.9 KB

14. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    I’ll add those in!

Unfortunately, that was my last cut that I got the BODPOD test and I’m currently bulking. Just looking for info for my next cut.

The only proof I have is this print off. Name:  IMG_1183.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  402.9 KB
    Lol, I meant a pic of you bro. Don’t doubt the reading you got. Just trying to figure it out for you

15. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    I am 5’9 1/2”
    Or 176cm
    (max lifts 315 bench, 450 squat and dead)
    163lbs, 5'9", 450 squat?! Sheesh. That is impressive.

I would focus on core work then. Clearly you have a strong core with lifts that big. I would focus on isolating your abs (crunches, leg raises, etc.)
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post

I would focus on core work then. Clearly you have a strong core with lifts that big. I would focus on isolating your abs (crunches, leg raises, etc.)
    TF?! 450 squat?!
    You REALLY need to preface every time you ask for advice with that....

17. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post

No I was 185lbs when I squatted 450, pulled 450 and benched 315.

Then I cut to under 165lbs.

18. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    Hey guys please let me know if Iím in the right section. Never posted in this section before.

So to get right to it a few years ago I got my BF measured using the BODPOD done by a professional in a research lab and had a BF level of 8.1% (still have the print off sheet) at 163lbs. Yet I still did NOT have abs. BMR was 1777 Cal.

24yrs old and 5í9 1/2Ē

I obviously hold most of my fat in my abdominal area. What am I doing wrong and how can I get a aesthetic set of abs? The obvious answer would be lose more fat but any other tips?

Should I resort to fat burners? Topical fat burners? Working out abdominals more? Lower cortisol or estrogen? Increase test (natty supps)?

Thanks in advance!!
    1.Whatís your body fat percentage now?Because above you said a few years ago,you got your body fat percentage measured by Professional.

2.You doing to much ABS training.

3.Topicals will not help you get abs or maintain. Proper diet,Training,and Recovery.

4.I would add HIIT cardio.

5. 1777 calorie intake need to be lower.

19. Quote Originally Posted by DGator86 View Post
    TF?! 450 squat?!
    You REALLY need to preface every time you ask for advice with that....
    I apologize, Iím not trying to brag. I know there are guys more knowledgeable on here then me! So Iím just trying to learn!

20. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Lol, I meant a pic of you bro. Donít doubt the reading you got. Just trying to figure it out for you
    Iím sorry, my bad! I am no longer this lean, so I donít have a picture.

21. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    1.Whatís your body fat percentage now?Because above you said a few years ago,you got your body fat percentage measured by Professional.

2.You doing to much ABS training.

3.Topicals will not help you get abs or maintain. Proper diet,Training,and Recovery.

4.I would add HIIT cardio.

5. 1777 calorie intake need to be lower.
    Yes, I got it done in June.

Currently Iím bulking and my best estimate of BF is 15-16% on a bio-electrical impedance scale.

But I am trying to learn and plan for my next cut.

Should I switch the steady state cardio for HIIT cardio then?

Direct ab work 1-2x/week?

22. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    Yes, I got it done in June.

Currently Iím bulking and my best estimate of BF is 15-16% on a bio-electrical impedance scale.

But I am trying to learn and plan for my next cut.

Should I switch the steady state cardio for HIIT cardio then?

Direct ab work 1-2x/week?
    Slowly work your way into the HIIT cardio and do it twice a week. Doing numerous of direct ABS training will not give you a 6 pack. Topical fat burner is very effective when one is at 5-10% Body fat.

23. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    Slowly work your way into the HIIT cardio and do it twice a week. Doing numerous of direct ABS training will not give you a 6 pack. Topical fat burner is very effective when one is at 5-10% Body fat.
    I will implement HIIT cardio. What is your thoughts on fasted cardio?

24. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    I apologize, Iím not trying to brag. I know there are guys more knowledgeable on here then me! So Iím just trying to learn!
    Itís all good bud. Itís just clear youíve already been up there. As far as ďseeingĒ abs, the best thing to do is hit them hard. Every damn day. Switch up the stimulus so your body wonít know whatís coming next. If you can get to numbers like that your foundation is good. The ďaestheticsĒ comes from frequent, high volume training.

Also, look into man makers and pretty much anything from Gym Jones.

25. Quote Originally Posted by ValiantThor08 View Post
    Try the ketogenic or carnivore diet. You will drop subq water, and excess fat.
    Have you ever combined Keto or carnivore diet with IF?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 12:05 AM
  2. BF 11%, No abs! Need help!
    By Homey in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
  3. 5aa cyp and no suppression
    By screwbol in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 04:58 PM