8% BF and no abs...

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    Have you ever combined Keto or carnivore diet with IF?
    I dont do IF due to how many calories I consume, 3 to 3500 daily. But I know IF has worked great for many doing keto or carnivore. I do carb backloading keto. I am keto for my first two meals, and then I have a carb laden dinner.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by DGator86 View Post
    Switch up the stimulus so your body wonít know whatís coming next.
    Yeah, confuse your muscles, because they totally have brains and can predict what workouts youíre going to do and prepare themselves to not grow. Makes sense.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by ValiantThor08 View Post
    I dont do IF due to how many calories I consume, 3 to 3500 daily. But I know IF has worked great for many doing keto or carnivore. I do carb backloading keto. I am keto for my first two meals, and then I have a carb laden dinner.
    Curious how you came up with that. What was the goal? What are the benefits? Did you arrive at this via experimentation or did someone else turn you on to it? Interested in the method to the madness.
    High Intensity Training log, wedding prep:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html
  4. 8% BF and no abs...


    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Curious how you came up with that. What was the goal? What are the benefits? Did you arrive at this via experimentation or did someone else turn you on to it? Interested in the method to the madness.
    John kiefer coined it. Itís literally called carb backloading, typically more common with lean individuals.

    Youíre suppose to keep carbs non existent until post workout (use caffeine through the day) and stimulate glut-4 post workout to have the carbs ďshuttledĒ directly to muscle tissue.

    Edit** OP also, be mindful that dropping your calorie intake to bare bones isnít advisable. Once youíre caloric intake is that low, where do you go from there? Add small bouts of cardio first. When dieting, muscle retention should ALWAYS be priority.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  5. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    John kiefer coined it. It’s literally called carb backloading, typically more common with lean individuals.

    You’re suppose to keep carbs non existent until post workout (use caffeine through the day) and stimulate glut-4 post workout to have the carbs “shuttled” directly to muscle tissue.

    Edit** OP also, be mindful that dropping your calorie intake to bare bones isn’t advisable. Once you’re caloric intake is that low, where do you go from there? Add small bouts of cardio first. When dieting, muscle retention should ALWAYS be priority.
    What if you workout first thing in AM?

    Sounds similar to TKD, though I’m guessing you’re eating a lot more carbs than on tkd.
    High Intensity Training log, wedding prep:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    What if you workout first thing in AM?

    Sounds similar to TKD, though Iím guessing youíre eating a lot more carbs than on tkd.
    Kiefer suggests to continue to drink black coffee or take 200mg caffeine post workout (to keep fat burning moving) OR eat a small 30-50g high GI ~ ripe banana post workout and thatís it until 5-6pm when you would normally have your CHO backload or you skip the small amount of CHO altogether and wait until 5-6pm to backload
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  7. Quote Originally Posted by ValiantThor08 View Post
    I dont do IF due to how many calories I consume, 3 to 3500 daily. But I know IF has worked great for many doing keto or carnivore. I do carb backloading keto. I am keto for my first two meals, and then I have a carb laden dinner.
    Just an FYI - this diet strategy probably works, but it shouldn't be considered keto. Just because low/no carb meals are consumed doesn't make it a ketogenic diet. if I'm reading correctly you are eating carbs every day, correct?

    In order for your body to switch from using glucose as it's primary source of energy over to fat (ketosis), you need to deprive the body of carbohydrate and any stored glucose. This typically takes 2-3 days of no carb intake.

    By eating no carbs in the morning you aren't producting ketones, you would simply be using the stored energy (carbohydrate) from dinner the night before. Definitely could be effective, but definitely not keto.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    Just an FYI - this diet strategy probably works, but it shouldn't be considered keto. Just because low/no carb meals are consumed doesn't make it a ketogenic diet. if I'm reading correctly you are eating carbs every day, correct?

    In order for your body to switch from using glucose as it's primary source of energy over to fat (ketosis), you need to deprive the body of carbohydrate and any stored glucose. This typically takes 2-3 days of no carb intake.

    By eating no carbs in the morning you aren't producting ketones, you would simply be using the stored energy (carbohydrate) from dinner the night before. Definitely could be effective, but definitely not keto.
    I'm definitely in ketosis every day. I have the blood results to prove it. After consuming my carb meal, you bet it gets me out of ketosis. The carbs are shuttled into my muscle, and by the next day I am in ketosis, and my body uses both fat and glucose for fuel. I used to test daily, to prove to myself, and others that were skeptical, that I could bounce right back into ketosis due to metabolic flexability, I can easily burn both fat and glucose for fuel, and both at the same time, every day. If you look at my logs, I have two going now, I posted some pictures of my ketone readings. When someone is fat adapted, they can do what I do, and bounce in and out of ketosis on a day to day basis. I eat a ketogenic meal for breakfast and lunch every day, experience no hypoglycemia, experience constant fluid energy, not blood sugar ups and downs, then for dinner, I can carb out, and no issues the evening, no issues the next day. I'm satiated, I dont get hunger pains. nice.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    What if you workout first thing in AM?

    Sounds similar to TKD, though Iím guessing youíre eating a lot more carbs than on tkd.
    If you workout in the morning, you can still eat your carbs for dinner. Some days I have to lift early, and I still consume carbs for dinner.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by ValiantThor08 View Post
    I'm definitely in ketosis every day. I have the blood results to prove it. After consuming my carb meal, you bet it gets me out of ketosis. The carbs are shuttled into my muscle, and by the next day I am in ketosis, and my body uses both fat and glucose for fuel. I used to test daily, to prove to myself, and others that were skeptical, that I could bounce right back into ketosis due to metabolic flexability, I can easily burn both fat and glucose for fuel, and both at the same time, every day. If you look at my logs, I have two going now, I posted some pictures of my ketone readings. When someone is fat adapted, they can do what I do, and bounce in and out of ketosis on a day to day basis. I eat a ketogenic meal for breakfast and lunch every day, experience no hypoglycemia, experience constant fluid energy, not blood sugar ups and downs, then for dinner, I can carb out, and no issues the evening, no issues the next day. I'm satiated, I dont get hunger pains. nice.
    This makes very little sense, as a ketogenic diet will impair metabolic flexibility.
    "I've never seen anyone change his mind because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts. But I've seen plenty of people change behavior to avoid being mocked." -Scott Adams

  11. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    This makes very little sense, as a ketogenic diet will impair metabolic flexibility.
    The ketogenic diet improves stable blood sugar levels, and insulin sensitivity. It gets your body used to using fats as a primary fuel source. When it is adapted to fat as fuel, even when you reintroduce carbohydrates, that adaption sticks, and your body knows how to utilize fat and glucose as fuel. I have the bloods to prove it.

  12. Lets see a picture.

    Abs like any body part are genetic. Some people all they have to do is get very lean and they show well. other people have to build them up, and still have a challenge showing them when they get very lean.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    AMNOV50

  13. Iím a little skeptical of this, unless youíre some anomaly who still stores a substantial amount of fat on your abs even at an overall body fat of ~8%, which seems rather unlikely.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  14. @saderboy80,are We talking about Subcutaneous or Visceral Fat?
  15. 8% BF and no abs...


    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    @saderboy80,are We talking about Subcutaneous or Visceral Fat?
    Would have to be sub, visceral fat is what ďprotectsĒ organs (intestines, liver ect) and is stored behind the abdomen wall.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  16. The topic title should be changed. Heís not 8% Body fat. 15-16%

  17. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Iím a little skeptical of this, unless youíre some anomaly who still stores a substantial amount of fat on your abs even at an overall body fat of ~8%, which seems rather unlikely.
    How can you be skeptical? I said I had a professional do a body fat test using a BODPOD. This is the gold standard for body fat measurement, unless you do an underwater weighing test.

    I also said I have nothing to proof and am not trying to brag, only looking for advice.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    @saderboy80,are We talking about Subcutaneous or Visceral Fat?
    Itís a body fat measurement. This means subcutaneous fat and not visceral.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    How can you be skeptical? I said I had a professional do a body fat test using a BODPOD. This is the gold standard for body fat measurement, unless you do an underwater weighing test.

    I also said I have nothing to proof and am not trying to brag, only looking for advice.
    For one, I havenít seen a picture. I said itís possible if you store body fat in a VERY abnormal way. But without seeing a picture, how can anyone even attempt to answer your question when you only give them half the information?
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    Itís a body fat measurement. This means subcutaneous fat and not visceral.
    The reason why I asked,because its hard for Me to believe a person is 8% BF without visible ABS. Also I know the difference between subcutaneous and Visceral Fat.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    The reason why I asked,because its hard for Me to believe a person is 8% BF without visible ABS. Also I know the difference between subcutaneous and Visceral Fat.
    Someone with bad ab size, and high cortisol levels could fit that scenario. Not out of realm of possibilities.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ValiantThor08 View Post
    Someone with bad ab size, and high cortisol levels could fit that scenario. Not out of realm of possibilities.
    I still donít believe him. Is that better ?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    I still donít believe him. Is that better ?
    I get it. Pics, or it didnt happen.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by ValiantThor08 View Post
    I get it. Pics, or it didnt happen.
    Itís the internet fam. Rules are rules
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  25. Quote Originally Posted by ValiantThor08 View Post
    Someone with bad ab size, and high cortisol levels could fit that scenario. Not out of realm of possibilities.
    I actually got my blood drawn Friday. Still waiting on cortisol, estrogen, and test results.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 12:05 AM
  2. BF 11%, No abs! Need help!
    By Homey in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
  3. 5aa cyp and no suppression
    By screwbol in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 04:58 PM
  4. Sesathin and NO
    By Imsleepinmonkey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 10:44 PM
  5. 2 week m1t cycle and no pct?
    By fullycovered in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Log in
Log in