Best tactics for mini cut and.. GO

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been bulking for 2 months and I’m going on a cruise in November at the start of the month. I want to do a mini cut for October and get some of the fat off that came on during these two months. What I’m looking for is the most aggressive tactics you guys think work that won’t hinder my muscle mass in a detrimental way. Essentially a recomp for a month. What I’m thinking is intermediate fasting 3 or 4 days a week with cardio. Other days will be higher carbs with heavy strength training. Other thing I’m trying to figure out is that I have been doing dogg crap and I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to continue that on this cut but I wanted to get some feed back from this community. Thanks

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Low cal for diet with hitt sessions will do wonders. I did a low cal diet with added cardio and ran a bottle of true shred it got me good results.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Low cal for diet with hitt sessions will do wonders. I did a low cal diet with added cardio and ran a bottle of true shred it got me good results.
Yeah I’m restricted my calories down to right below maintaining and I will deff be doing hitt. What’s the shred? Caffeine and yohimbine?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest a moderate calorie deficit and add in extra cardio - nothing too wildly different from a normal cut. I would also recommend switching up your training program - DC is geared toward strength and it will be challenging to recover properly while eating in a deficit. You may want to consider doing a simple 5-6 day body part split leading up to the trip.

I would also suggest adding in a thermogenic product like FitMax. It'll help with energy and increased mood, and FitMax is very effective for appetite suppression.

HIIT + FitMax + 300-400 calorie deficit would be my recommended formula for the mini cut

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would suggest a moderate calorie deficit and add in extra cardio - nothing too wildly different from a normal cut. I would also recommend switching up your training program - DC is geared toward strength and it will be challenging to recover properly while eating in a deficit. You may want to consider doing a simple 5-6 day body part split leading up to the trip.

I would also suggest adding in a thermogenic product like FitMax. It'll help with energy and increased mood, and FitMax is very effective for appetite suppression.

HIIT + FitMax + 300-400 calorie deficit would be my recommended formula for the mini cut
Spot on to what I was thinking. I was even thinking less of a deficit just because of the training I’ve been on.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Spot on to what I was thinking. I was even thinking less of a deficit just because of the training I’ve been on.
Totally up to you. I was just factoring a bigger deficit due to the time frame. It might be good to start with a smaller deficit and reassess in a few weeks and be more aggressive if you're running out of time

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Totally up to you. I was just factoring a bigger deficit due to the time frame. It might be good to start with a smaller deficit and reassess in a few weeks and be more aggressive if you're running out of time
Exactly. Even though I want to have some gratification for my trip of not holding extra fat I still don’t want to hinder my long term goals of adding on that muscle. Thanks man

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Obviously clen or an ecay stack if your going down that route.....

If not personally I like to run a 300 cal deficit and train like I normally do (fasted cardio 5 x a week, weights 5 x a week)

Evan Bageris

Evan Bageris

Awards
You have a month, you will not lose muscle mass, unless you’re pushing the maximum amount your frame can hold. How fat did you get ‘bulking.’ I would go far more extreme if you want to even look like you go to the gym. The more extreme you get, the further the pendulum will swing in the other direction when you get home. We used to call this a ‘Prime.’ And you will find beyond a certain point every day you look far better, and bigger, by losing fat. Bodybuilding is about change. Drastic shifts are the way to escape mediocrity. There is no endeavor I can think of that people have set the bar lower in. There are many people who put in the time, often the effort, and are O.K. year after year to make no changes at all. It’s not their fault, I am not putting them down, but why go the gym at all?
You may be excellent and this vent is not about you. The advice you’ve been given, a 300-400 calorie deficit with an over the counter fat burner? How many pounds of fat would you guess you will drop? Just by crunching the numbers, not much. If you really do HIIT, not short LISS sessions, you will drop a few more. Noticeable tomthe causual eye? If your already 6% maybe. If you’re 12%, I don’t see the point in changing anything. Unless you treat like the weeks 6-2 before a show you just decided to jump in.
I am sure their are much better bodybuilders than me all over AM. But I have never run into someone on a vacation or the stage better conditioned. From spring break at 19 to now, 44. I have seen bigger bodybuilders, lots, better bodybuilders, probably all over this board. Conditioning is the great equalizer. We can all get our bodyfat down to virtual zero and the water is usually fat. Walking around in stage shape will shock people. Most will womder if you are real. They will have never seen anything like it. That’s a good feeling. And you will look 30 lbs heavier than you are. With 4 weeks I would do the following.
IF every day.
Two weight workouts (yeah, not DogCrapp, but hard, ) with a cardio session upon awakening.
Go to 1200 to 1600 calories. You will get flat. Measure everything. If you are totally burnt out, do a carb day. You only have 8 hours to eat.
Take whatever fits with your morals and ethics. Cardarine, Injectable Carnitine, Clen, Cytomel, Creatine (reload on vacation). It has to start with a C, that is the key. That’s just not true. Caffeine and......Combine with Yohimbe.
Frag 176. Mod 1-29/IPA. Boom dose before sleep. Make everybody standing next to you look grossly out of shape. Pinch their stomach fat and ask them what they are holding enough extra energy to feed a third world country for a year when there are no famines around the corner. Call them an ugly American and you will really enjoy your time off. I guarantee it.
Let’s get those troops home safely........we already did? No one tells me anything. Good luck, sir.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Advice here has been great. You can also look into forskolin. OxyMax or FitMax would be two good options for you. OxyMax contains forskolin so that’s a plus.

As far as training goes, train heavy. It will be hard but I suggest it. I also prefer cardio days to be separated from weight training days.

Good luck