does ephedra affect serotonin or only norepinephrine?

1. does ephedra affect serotonin or only norepinephrine?

Just wondering this.

Does anyone know?

2. Anyone?
    •   

3. Not sure if this helps

Ephedrine is structurally related to noradrenaline (norepinephrine) and acts primarily through the release of catecholamines. It also has direct effects on α- and β-adrenoreceptors and inhibits MAO. It is a mild CNS stimulant. Ephedrine is nonselective and mimics the affects of adrenaline (epinephrine).
    www.youtube.com keyword SuppTalk Radio

Muscle Research Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com

4. Thanks.

So through being an mao inhibitor it effects serotonin reuptake by definition? Or am I wrong about that?

5. Quote Originally Posted by john10960 View Post
    Thanks.

So through being an mao inhibitor it effects serotonin reuptake by definition? Or am I wrong about that?
    MAOIs shouldnít affect reuptake. Itíll inhibit the monoamine oxidase enzyme, which degrades, obviously, monoamines. To be honest, Iím not sure what all fits under the title ďmonoamineĒ but I know catechamines do as well as PEA and related molecules. It may reduce the breakdown of serotonin but Iím not sure on that one.
    •   

6. Sorry yeah that’s what I meant. Not re uptake but it will keep more serotonin in the synapses by inhibiting breakdown.

If something is an MAO, does anyone know if it automatically applies to dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin or can they be selective?

7. Quote Originally Posted by john10960 View Post
    Sorry yeah thatís what I meant. Not re uptake but it will keep more serotonin in the synapses by inhibiting breakdown.

If something is an MAO, does anyone know if it automatically applies to dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin or can they be selective?
    Iím not super familiar, but there are at least two subtypes of MAO: a and b. You could try and see which affects which more and try to find a more selective inhibitor I suppose. Not something Iíve looked into though.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. does methoxy TST aromatize or 5a-reduce?
    By Rob69420 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 12:13 AM
  2. Clenbuterol & Ephedra good stack or not?
    By Cartman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 03:12 AM
  3. Does Clen affect the Prostate?
    By custom in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 08:32 PM
  4. Does size come with strength only?
    By hypo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 01:09 PM