T3 for weight loss

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Killilu View Post
    At this point, my body isn’t doing what it should, anyway, so T3 for life sounds much better than my current state!

Thanks for the reply!
    Have you had blood work? Are you sure T3 is hour issue...if it is then a doc may be willing to guide you.

If you would like to post info or bloodwork, we are not physicians but we may have thoughts to consider and it would help us help you.
    "I've never seen anyone change his mind because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts. But I've seen plenty of people change behavior to avoid being mocked." -Scott Adams

2. I’ve had bloodwork done in 4 countries now. All in “normal” range, but still symptoms are getting worse and worse. The “eat less, exercise more” but is getting pretty old. If I eat more than 1000 calories a day and work out (both weights and cardio) any less than an hour and a half, I can gain weight by a pound a day. I have followed macro plans, been on meds like phentermine (which was the only thing that worked, but 300-800 Cals a day with a workload like mine was not sustainable and now phentermine doesn’t do anything for me), I’ve worked with bodybuilding trainers, CrossFit trainers, and have seen countless doctors. I don’t care to ever see a medical doctor again, they have done nothing but shame me and tell me I’m a liar as to my workload and caloric intake or tell me to just “accept” my “genetics.” But I’m over it, I just don’t lose fat. And this hasn’t been something I’ve tried to do the last 6 months, or event he last few years. It’s been for the last 17 years. And I’m not wanting to lose weight out of sheer looks. I am a horse trainer and competitor, and I cannot compete at a professional level in my sport at my size.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Killilu View Post
    Iíve had bloodwork done in 4 countries now. All in ďnormalĒ range, but still symptoms are getting worse and worse. The ďeat less, exercise moreĒ but is getting pretty old. If I eat more than 1000 calories a day and work out (both weights and cardio) any less than an hour and a half, I can gain weight by a pound a day. I have followed macro plans, been on meds like phentermine (which was the only thing that worked, but 300-800 Cals a day with a workload like mine was not sustainable and now phentermine doesnít do anything for me), Iíve worked with bodybuilding trainers, CrossFit trainers, and have seen countless doctors. I donít care to ever see a medical doctor again, they have done nothing but shame me and tell me Iím a liar as to my workload and caloric intake or tell me to just ďacceptĒ my ďgenetics.Ē But Iím over it, I just donít lose fat. And this hasnít been something Iíve tried to do the last 6 months, or event he last few years. Itís been for the last 17 years. And Iím not wanting to lose weight out of sheer looks. I am a horse trainer and competitor, and I cannot compete at a professional level in my sport at my size.
    Then you dont have any other choice. Start at 50mcg and if it works stay there. Its not a stimulant so your body build a tolerance. 125mcg would be the maximum dosage for me, but see how your body responds

4. Thank you!

How long do you think I should take it?

5. I also got T4 while Iím here in Thailand. I have been injecting HGH at 2.1 IU (gerostim pen) but have been off since coming on holiday to Thailand the last week. I have access to Anavar, too. Advice?
    •   

6. I would go with T2 with fat loss.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Killilu View Post
    I’ve had bloodwork done in 4 countries now. All in “normal” range, but still symptoms are getting worse and worse. The “eat less, exercise more” but is getting pretty old. If I eat more than 1000 calories a day and work out (both weights and cardio) any less than an hour and a half, I can gain weight by a pound a day. I have followed macro plans, been on meds like phentermine (which was the only thing that worked, but 300-800 Cals a day with a workload like mine was not sustainable and now phentermine doesn’t do anything for me), I’ve worked with bodybuilding trainers, CrossFit trainers, and have seen countless doctors. I don’t care to ever see a medical doctor again, they have done nothing but shame me and tell me I’m a liar as to my workload and caloric intake or tell me to just “accept” my “genetics.” But I’m over it, I just don’t lose fat. And this hasn’t been something I’ve tried to do the last 6 months, or event he last few years. It’s been for the last 17 years. And I’m not wanting to lose weight out of sheer looks. I am a horse trainer and competitor, and I cannot compete at a professional level in my sport at my size.
    Testing "normal" is a bit of a cop out....a part of the picture can be normal when the entire picture is not in view. This is why seeing the actual bloodwork is helpful. Doctors always say, "that is normal" but things are not always normal or abnormal.

Do you know what your TSH is? Free T3? T4?

Just taking a drug without knowing what is going on could make things worse and I suspect it will be disappointing and make things worse.

Are you lean now? What do you weigh? How tall?

I have some ideas, some of which are my own.

I have used T3 up to 200 mcg which most people would say is a huge dose. It is no fat loss miracle....and I definately would NOT start at 50 if you have never tried it before, especially of you have pharma quality product.

12.5-25 is a good starting point and slowly ramp up...but again I would pause on that if you are willing to dig a little more.

You should also be careful mixing T3 with certain other drugs.
    "I've never seen anyone change his mind because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts. But I've seen plenty of people change behavior to avoid being mocked." -Scott Adams

8. Quote Originally Posted by Halfling View Post
    Nice thing for cutting. But low-card diet is needed
    Will Aces benefit low card diet? Or do we have to start with 2?
    This message was paid for by the Russians

9. Quote Originally Posted by Killilu View Post
    What kind of dosing for females? Iím assuming we need less than guys do?
    Females tend to tolorate much higher doses of t3 without losing muscle. My buddy competes as a heavyweight and his 115lb gf takes 3x as much as him when getting ready for a show

10. Smont, thanks for the insight. I’m also on a progesterone birth control, so it sounds like I will have to dose higher because of that as well.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Killilu View Post
    Smont, thanks for the insight. Iím also on a progesterone birth control, so it sounds like I will have to dose higher because of that as well.
    I don't know about mixing other hormones with birth control so I can't comment, regardless I would not start any higher then 50mg

12. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    I don't know about mixing other hormones with birth control so I can't comment, regardless I would not start any higher then 50mg
    Ok, so now I’m confusing the f*ck outta myself. I have 100mcg tablets. Mcg is a different dosing than mg. So I’m going to stick with 50mcg or less, correct?? I’m up to 25mcg atm, but feeling nothing. I’m assuming it’s a cumulative thing, or I’m not dosing enough at mcg because it would be a hell of a lot more if it is supposed to be mg.

13. Sorry I ment mcg

14. It's not magic, it still takes time effort and diet

15. I am happy putting in the time. I live abroad in a place that my choices for quality food suck, so I’m trying to supp what I can and cross my fingers for the rest of it. My access to fresh veggies is a complete joke. But I’m trying to adapt and make the best of it.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Killilu View Post
    Ok, so now I’m confusing the f*ck outta myself. I have 100mcg tablets. Mcg is a different dosing than mg. So I’m going to stick with 50mcg or less, correct?? I’m up to 25mcg atm, but feeling nothing. I’m assuming it’s a cumulative thing, or I’m not dosing enough at mcg because it would be a hell of a lot more if it is supposed to be mg.
    You won't feel much from it unless you OD and get heart palpitations.

The idea that females have a higher tolerance is very questionable. Different people have different tolerances.

17. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    You won't feel much from it unless you OD and get heart palpitations.

The idea that females have a higher tolerance is very questionable. Different people have different tolerances.
    The higher dose for females is because they don't tend to lose muscle as easy. Thats all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app

18. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    The higher dose for females is because they don't tend to lose muscle as easy. Thats all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app
    Not trying to be combative or come off wrong - but this does not make sense. Typically people take androgens to ward off muscle loss while on T3, and men typically have higher androgen levels than women.

More importantly, the limiting factor is not muscle wasting - which is over estimated anyway - it is cardiotoxicity and shut down. It would make some sense that if women shut down harder they need a larger dose because they shut down fast and compensate better.

Is there any real evidence that women require a higher dose? I am open to it, but there is so much bad info out there about T4 and T3...

19. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Not trying to be combative or come off wrong - but this does not make sense. Typically people take androgens to ward off muscle loss while on T3, and men typically have higher androgen levels than women.

More importantly, the limiting factor is not muscle wasting - which is over estimated anyway - it is cardiotoxicity and shut down. It would make some sense that if women shut down harder they need a larger dose because they shut down fast and compensate better.

Is there any real evidence that women require a higher dose? I am open to it, but there is so much bad info out there about T4 and T3...
    Honesty I can't put up much of a argument, I just see females hold muscle better on it, through personal experience and word of mouth. Could be wrong, it's just what ive seen and herd from friends

20. And I never said they require a higher dose, just that they handle it better

21. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    And I never said they require a higher dose, just that they handle it better
    You are correct. I made the wrong word choice there.

Yeah - I think the muscle wasting thing is over done. I think what happens is glycogen gets depleted very quickly on T3, which draws water out of muscles and makes them appear smaller and obviously reduces performance/strength because of the decreased glycogen. Most people experience this and freak out they are losing muscle.

It would make sense that women have smaller muscles and less glycogen to begin with...so the effect seems smaller on that front. Women probably also freak out about muscle loss less.

But I think women still need to be careful about dosing because they will still have the same cardio toxic effects and the same dose of T3 is acting on less mass in most cases....I am just trying to balance fact from experience. Not questioning your personal observations.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Killilu View Post
    You don't really feel t3 it's not like a stim or anything

23. It is true that thyroid hormone plays a great role in human growth. T3 is the most active thyroid hormone. It contains 3 atoms of iodine, which is responsible for metabolic and neural activities. It produces. High levels of T3 hormones affect metabolism and the way the body uses energy. This is what leads to weight loss. If your BMR is high, a higher T3 increases metabolic rate making the body to use more calories than what you ingest it leads to weight loss.
  24. T3 for weight loss

T3 messed my metabolism after my first show. I canít even lose a lb and gained 15 lbs since. I do cardio and weight train and itís frustrating. Any suggestions on how to get my metabolism back on track? My diet is ok and still am at a standstill .

25. Ive never had any problems with t3, no rebound weight or any bad effects on my metabolism after the cycle. And im running pharma grade product (unipharmas T3 from the pharmacy. We do not need prescription to get it in greece and each box of 30pillsx25mcg costs 1.15Ä)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cytomel (T3) for weight loss
    By dark child in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 11:03 AM
  2. Water Beats Ephedra For Weight Loss
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 01:23 PM
  3. Bromocriptine for Weight Loss
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics