Accurate bf measurements

1. Accurate bf measurements

I need some help on this. Iím trying to figure out exactly what my bf% is. I have a smart scale that says 21%. I have bf calipers that through one method says Iím 11% and another says Iím 29% bf which I know is way to high. I can see my abs without flexing but I know Iím not as low as 11%. Does anybody know a relatively cheap way to figure out exactly what bf% is??? Thanks in advance.

2. I also have an eat smart scale, which I think uses electrical response measured through the feet and based on other inputs lile gender and age gives a pretty close guess. It tralxs well, but I know the % changes are important and have good precision, despite the fact it's perhaps not centrally accurate.

But if your profile photo is current you are probably in the 11-14% range?

Wierd cause my eat smart scale I think matches other methods like the calipers you mentioned fairly well.
    •   

3. My profile picture isnít current but yes I am right there. This is my current bf in this pictures and itís hard to believe Iím as high as 21% but maybe Iím wrong. Name:  IMG_9610.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  376.7 KB

4. Yeah no way you're 21%, probably still 10-13% guesstimate.

5. Right, thatís what Iím thinking. I am trying to get down to 10% then start bulking but I canít get an accurate answer from any of these methods I mentioned. Pissing me off lol
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Imsaint View Post
    Right, thatís what Iím thinking. I am trying to get down to 10% then start bulking but I canít get an accurate answer from any of these methods I mentioned. Pissing me off lol
    Try this guy - EatSmart Precision Premium Digital Bathroom Scale with 3.5" LCD and "Step-On" Technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MK6QKO..._XdDBBbMJ842E6

7. Quote Originally Posted by Imsaint View Post
    Right, thatís what Iím thinking. I am trying to get down to 10% then start bulking but I canít get an accurate answer from any of these methods I mentioned. Pissing me off lol
    So Ostarine and 10-15min cardio before weights for 6-8 weeks... With lean diet, cut. Then following that, switch to some DMZ and plain Test E for bulk after?

8. Iím on a andro/s4/yk11 cut right now. Been just about a month on that. I was keto for 2 months prior and have went from 24% bf to whatever Iím at now.. trying to figure that out. Best cut I have ever been on. Name:  IMG_9620.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  416.2 KB

9. Skinfold analysis if done by a professional has roughly 3.5% error.
    Your scale uses Bioelectrical Impedance and has an error of 2.7-6.3%.

Clean off your smart scale with a wet paper towel and clean your feet off with a wet paper towel. Allow to dry and then measure.

10. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    Skinfold analysis if done by a professional has roughly 3.5% error.
    Your scale uses Bioelectrical Impedance and has an error of 2.7-6.3%.

Clean off your smart scale with a wet paper towel and clean your feet off with a wet paper towel. Allow to dry and then measure.
    Iíll try that later

11. Quote Originally Posted by PoSiTiVeFLoW View Post
    Yeah no way you're 21%, probably still 10-13% guesstimate.
    Haha, yeah no way your 21% bro. I’d say this 10-13% guesstimate is spot on.

I’ve used dexa scans a few times - expensive but as good as it gets really.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Haha, yeah no way your 21% bro. Iíd say this 10-13% guesstimate is spot on.

Iíve used dexa scans a few times - expensive but as good as it gets really.
    Ill look into that. Sick of smart scale non sense lol

13. 10-12%

14. Quote Originally Posted by Imsaint View Post
    Ill look into that. Sick of smart scale non sense lol
    The scale had me at 26% with abs, way off. Can't use the scales

15. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Haha, yeah no way your 21% bro. Iíd say this 10-13% guesstimate is spot on.

Iíve used dexa scans a few times - expensive but as good as it gets really.
    Did you benefit from the dexa more then just finding out bf, bone density? I read some give you good insight on your metabolism etc..

16. Quote Originally Posted by Imsaint View Post
    Did you benefit from the dexa more then just finding out bf, bone density? I read some give you good insight on your metabolism etc..
    Not sure how a dexa scan can provide info on metabolism??

But yeah the information on the distribution of lean mass is useful in identifying muscular imbalances

17. How much weight loss in the two pictures

18. Quote Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
    How much weight loss in the two pictures
    From 184 to 170

19. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Not sure how a dexa scan can provide info on metabolism??

But yeah the information on the distribution of lean mass is useful in identifying muscular imbalances
    I donít know if it was directly because of the scan but a service they offered using the info from the scan.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. BF% measurement - using skinfold calipers
    By baitslinger in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 05:48 PM
  2. Favorite BF% measurers
    By Fisha7487 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 12:25 AM
  3. BF Measurement, WEIRD!!! Tanita, Athletic?
    By andros in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 10:24 PM
  4. BF% Measurements
    By bosco in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 12:17 AM
  5. Accurate T3 measuring
    By Scottyo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 03:50 PM