Macronutrient breakdown advice

sicilybuilder

Awards
Hi, I'm running a testosterone cycle (600mg / week) + trenbolone (300mg / week). I have to lose abdominal fat. how do I break down the macronutrients? And how many calories do I get under my metabolism?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Sweet Jesus.

For protein eat 2g / lb you weigh in the form of red meat - this will put your fats in the right place also
Get the rest of the calories from starches, whatever you like the taste of but no dumb **** like sugar

If you're not losing weight at least 1lb in body weight a week, then reduce calories by 5% by removing carbohydrate

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi, I'm running a testosterone cycle (600mg / week) + trenbolone (300mg / week). I have to lose abdominal fat. how do I break down the macronutrients? And how many calories do I get under my metabolism?
If you are asking this, you probably shouldn't be on gear.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you are asking this, you probably shouldn't be on gear.
Absolutely this

Bro your running tren and seemingly don’t have a handle on your nutrition?

Is this a first cycle?

What macros work best for you is an individual thing but normally something people have experienced over the years......

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Agreed with the others - nutrition is 101 for health and understanding weight loss and weight gain. You shouldn't be running any type of cycle without a firm understanding of calories and macronutrients.

For protein eat 2g / lb you weigh in the form of red meat - this will put your fats in the right place also
I don't agree with this. 2g per pound is overkill, and eating 200g+ protein from red meat would not be optimal for ones health in any situation, especially while on cycle.

If you're not losing weight at least 1lb in body weight a week, then reduce calories by 5% by removing carbohydrate
This is a good rule for weight loss as a natural lifter, but if you're running Tren things will be different. Please do your homework before jumping on a cycle like this. How long is your cycle? And do you have a PCT on hand?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Agreed with the others - nutrition is 101 for health and understanding weight loss and weight gain. You shouldn't be running any type of cycle without a firm understanding of calories and macronutrients.

I don't agree with this. 2g per pound is overkill, and eating 200g+ protein from red meat would not be optimal for ones health in any situation, especially while on cycle.

This is a good rule for weight loss as a natural lifter, but if you're running Tren things will be different. Please do your homework before jumping on a cycle like this. How long is your cycle? And do you have a PCT on hand?
Yeah a lot of people online seem to want to eat only the minimum amount of protein they "need" based on studies done in a clinical setting with people that don't even lift doing workouts that don't even break a sweat.

I don't see why you'd even be concerned with this, if you eat 2g/lb in red meat, you're pretty much hitting all your micronutrients in one fell swoop. I've never seen a single shred of evidence that says eating even 5lbs of beef a day is bad for your health.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Yeah a lot of people online seem to want to eat only the minimum amount of protein they "need" based on studies done in a clinical setting with people that don't even lift doing workouts that don't even break a sweat.

I don't see why you'd even be concerned with this, if you eat 2g/lb in red meat, you're pretty much hitting all your micronutrients in one fell swoop. I've never seen a single shred of evidence that says eating even 5lbs of beef a day is bad for your health.
Understood. I just think 2g per pound as a general statement is overkill. On cycle I would recommend 1.5g to 1.7g at the most, and fill in the rest of the calories with carbs if it were me. Carbs will be more beneficial at this point than adding in more and more protein.

I don't think red meat is inherently bad, but my concern is the consumption of a surplus of saturated fat while using test and tren. I think incorporating red meat would be wise, but making it your sole source of protein would be extreme. Again, just my opinion on it

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Understood. I just think 2g per pound as a general statement is overkill. On cycle I would recommend 1.5g to 1.7g at the most, and fill in the rest of the calories with carbs if it were me. Carbs will be more beneficial at this point than adding in more and more protein.

I don't think red meat is inherently bad, but my concern is the consumption of a surplus of saturated fat while using test and tren. I think incorporating red meat would be wise, but making it your sole source of protein would be extreme. Again, just my opinion on it
Yeah I'm definitely a calories from fats guy rather than calories from carbs, ha ha

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm definitely a calories from fats guy rather than calories from carbs, ha ha
Not knocking it! For some people that works great. I prefer the lower fat and higher carb approach - I just find that I have better energy while training and better muscle fullness with carbs vs. fats

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I agree with your first point. People usually consume the minimum, .82g/lb and I think a little more is better. I always go with 1.5g/lb when off cycle and think people should use that when cutting. However, I think 2g/lb is too much for a natural. If one can afford that, all the power to them, but I am doing 2g/lbm right now since I am on cycle and my grocery bill is up a bit.

However, I don't get your line of thinking at all and wish you would stop with the whole beef thing. I will admit, since you came on the form, I have added beef back into my diet. I am consuming a pound a week. To say eating beef will give one all of their micro-nutrients is absolutely asinine.

Any overly restrictive diet is a red flag to me. Nutrition doesn't work in terms of such simple trendy concepts.

Variety is good, more likely to avoid deficiencies - and certainly no less likely to provide nutrients needed for muscle growth.

Don't get me wrong, I love eating meat but it's not a miracle food and there are no "hacks" that you can achieve with such a diet than you cannot also achieve with another mixed diet that contains equivalent total nutrients.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No steroid is a fatburner and I feel you're doing a first cycle and you read about the tren hype. Tren shines if you eat a ton not if you eat little.. This because it adds no fat or water. This could be done with a milder compound and have similar effects. Tren is not gonna do much in terms of muscle gains during a cut

It's basically a waste to run test tren at your size on a cut, primo would be better and safer.