Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone tried this?

On the surface it just seems like a high protein, lowish calorie approach (men are approx 2,000 on training days).

I assume the reason the diet has 4 shakes a day is so biotest can sell product but wanted to check if anyone knew any reason this diet would be more effective than simply eating a high protein diet!made up of whole foods at 2,000 Cals a day (currently I’m cutting on high protein 2,500 Cals a day but aware I’ll probably need to drop that down for the last 4 weeks).......?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone tried this?

On the surface it just seems like a high protein, lowish calorie approach (men are approx 2,000 on training days).

I assume the reason the diet has 4 shakes a day is so biotest can sell product but wanted to check if anyone knew any reason this diet would be more effective than simply eating a high protein diet!made up of whole foods at 2,000 Cals a day (currently I’m cutting on high protein 2,500 Cals a day but aware I’ll probably need to drop that down for the last 4 weeks).......?
Whole Food >>> Processed whey protein
Whole Food = More vitamins, minerals, micronutrients and larger satiety.
Talk about marketing at its finest. Don't fall for the trap.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whole Food >>> Processed whey protein
Whole Food = More vitamins, minerals, micronutrients and larger satiety.
Talk about marketing at its finest. Don't fall for the trap.
Yep agreed with this. Whole food always comes first.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone tried this?

I've done it a few times. It's based off a scientific PSMF (protein sparing modified fast) diet. PSMF is a medically backed diet and prescribed for certain individuals.

People tend to hate on it because Biotest took this already existing diet and made some tweeks, and heavily market their own supplements along with it. Nothing wrong with the diet though if speed is your goal. Definitely works better while enhanced. I tend to run it modified, one whole meal per day, then replace other meals with protein shake and carbs. Gotta watch post-diet weight gain though.

Overall, I loved this diet at times because it re-trains your brain to crave whole foods, and eliminates snacking/poor habits.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've done it a few times. It's based off a scientific PSMF (protein sparing modified fast) diet. PSMF is a medically backed diet and prescribed for certain individuals.

People tend to hate on it because Biotest took this already existing diet and made some tweeks, and heavily market their own supplements along with it. Nothing wrong with the diet though if speed is your goal. Definitely works better while enhanced. I tend to run it modified, one whole meal per day, then replace other meals with protein shake and carbs. Gotta watch post-diet weight gain though.

Overall, I loved this diet at times because it re-trains your brain to crave whole foods, and eliminates snacking/poor habits.
Useful, thanks

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
It's good in the short term if you're disgustingly fat and in danger of dying unless you drop weight for life critical surgery
Otherwise just diet normally

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I agree with this... I've used it a few times as a "cleanup" to either kickstart a diet phase or to finish one off... I also like to use it when I know I'm gonna have a big or long blowout (like a party weekend or vacation). Leading up to these it can help balance out the overall cals for the week which help limit overall fat gain (as well as you look tight coming in)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with this... I've used it a few times as a "cleanup" to either kickstart a diet phase or to finish one off... I also like to use it when I know I'm gonna have a big or long blowout (like a party weekend or vacation). Leading up to these it can help balance out the overall cals for the week which help limit overall fat gain (as well as you look tight coming in)
I think this is a good way to use it. What one needs to keep in mind too is that some of the articles on T-Nation are geared to those using. That is not to say a natty couldn't use this, but I think a user would see some good benefits from this over a natural.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I hate all these fad diets. Make 80% of your diet real foods, beef is beef, a carrot is a carrot, stuff with no artificial garbage. Mix in a few treats and find out how many calories you need on average and adjust for your goals.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Never heard of it but yes sounds like a marketing ploy...everyone's statements seem pretty spot on

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Liquid egg whites are whole food and have pretty similar macros as protein powder for the most part. If nothing else, it could help you break the monotony of having so much whey and add what is technically whole food right?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Weight Loss 2
M Weight Loss 1
W Weight Loss 0
Rhyno Workout Logs 49
R Weight Loss 11