What Body Fat % am I???

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. I don’t know why the picture of me showed up in that post again but whatever. Focus on the top picture.

2. I used to take people's BF readings- You are easily 25%. It doesn't matter anyhow, gain some more LBM and you will drop it quicker.
    •   

3. Hahaha damn dude that hurts. I’m just kidding. All I ask for is honesty so I appreciate it. I’m thinking that’s the right direction to go. I’ll probably try to slowly put on somewhere around 10-15 lbs. I don’t want to get to crazy with it and just add a lot more fat.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    Attachment 171477

This is for @Rockzilla

I just did this right now. I like a good challenge. As you can see Iím quite a bit above 6 but I havenít trained consistently for speed in a half a year. But this should give you an idea of how fast I can run when I run for time on a weekly basis. Also, in my opinion you have to shave around 10 seconds off when you use a machine like this because it takes the treadmill some time to get up to the speed you want to start out at and that whole time the seconds are ticking away. Last thing I want to mention is that I looked up how fast Iíd have to run ahead of time and supposedly you have to run an average of 8.4 mph in order to run a six minute mile. So I decided to never go under 8.4 mph and to go as high as 10 mph. My average was probably about 8.9 mph. Anyway, this confused me because I thought my results would be below six minutes by doing this. Iím still satisfied with the time after not running like this in a while though.
    More power to you, though, running on a treadmill is easier, no wind resistance, less leg work.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    More power to you, though, running on a treadmill is easier, no wind resistance, less leg work.
    Yeah back when i hit my sub-6 minute miles it was always outdoors. Treadmill is way easier lol. Not only is there no wind resistance but theres no uphill/downhill and the treadmill regulates your speed and keeps you going steady. Running outside you have to mentally do that so as not to gas out too quick which is important when running 10+ miles. Fastest i ever ran it was 5:45. Fastest 5k for me was just under 21:00. Cant remember exactly. It would take quite alot of work for me to get back there though lol. Im carrying an extra 35 pounds of muscle compared to then and i havent ran for cardio in a couple years really.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mikeymike85 View Post
    I used to take people's BF readings- You are easily 25%. It doesn't matter anyhow, gain some more LBM and you will drop it quicker.
    Yeah i was wondering where the 14-15% guesses were coming from lol. I wasnt gonna say anything though. Im not saying your fat though @YoungThor. Im still sticking by what i said though. Go lean bulk mode gain as much muscle as possible over the next couple months then hit a cutting cycle to preserve muscle.

7. @christ83189 @Rockzilla

Of course it’s harder outside. If I were gonna do it outside I’d do it on a track. I’ve gotten good times doing that. Now if you throw hills and bad weather at me, yeah that’ll make me much slower. Plus, I live in philly and the air quality sucks here. You’re basically equal to smoking half a pack of cigs a day just by breathing the sh!tty polluted oxygen in this city haha. But it makes you stronger!

I know I’m not fat and I’m not offended by the 25% bf estimate. That could be spot on. But I’m still fitting in a 34 inch waist pants and I got some wiggle room and usually have to wear a belt. To me that’s not bad. I think that’s another decent way to measure progress. When I get back down to 32 inches I’ll be happy. That’s what I was before I started working out and stuffing my face with pounds of steak.

8. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Yeah i was wondering where the 14-15% guesses were coming from lol. I wasnt gonna say anything though. Im not saying your fat though @YoungThor. Im still sticking by what i said though. Go lean bulk mode gain as much muscle as possible over the next couple months then hit a cutting cycle to preserve muscle.
    He is not fat whatsoever -- just looks like there is not enough LBM or he is not lifting heavy enough.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mikeymike85 View Post
    He is not fat whatsoever -- just looks like there is not enough LBM or he is not lifting heavy enough.
    ďYouíre not fat, you just donít have any muscleĒ

-mikeymike85

Lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    Sorry, I call BS on the 6 minute mile claim.
    Lol my 13 year old daughter breaks 6 min miles... No joke
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

Latin

11. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    “You’re not fat, you just don’t have any muscle”

-mikeymike85

Lol
    LMAO!! I didn't mean it like that-- I should have stated muscle looks flat, reminds me of someone on Keto that doesn't lift heavy enough and does a lot of cardio.

12. Quote Originally Posted by mikeymike85 View Post
    LMAO!! I didn't mean it like that-- I should have stated muscle looks flat, reminds me of someone on Keto that doesn't lift heavy enough and does a lot of cardio.
    You’re pretty on point here. I’ve wasted a lot of time doing too much running and calisthenics, then eating like a power lifter. That’s a bad combo. I need to focus more on heavy compound movements if I want to build some bulky muscles and less on endurance things. I’ve also been eating way less carbs for the last few months. A lot of my meals are straight up carnivore so the keto comment is pretty accurate. Maybe I should start increasing those carbs again. I need to come up with a solid outline of what I want to achieve out of strength training
    and stick to it.

13. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    Youíre pretty on point here. Iíve wasted a lot of time doing too much running and calisthenics, then eating like a power lifter. Thatís a bad combo. I need to focus more on heavy compound movements if I want to build some bulky muscles and less on endurance things. Iíve also been eating way less carbs for the last few months. A lot of my meals are straight up carnivore so the keto comment is pretty accurate. Maybe I should start increasing those carbs again. I need to come up with a solid outline of what I want to achieve out of strength training
    and stick to it.
    IMO keto will allow you to maintain muscle
    But it you want to build, insulin(carbs) is king

14. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    IMO keto will allow you to maintain muscle
    But it you want to build, insulin(carbs) is king
    Man, it’s confusing with the amount of conflicting information out there. I’m going to start eating a more traditional bodybuilding type diet where carbs and protein are seen as near equal. I’ve consumed a lot of keto and carnivore propaganda this year, and many of the claims are true, but I believed you’re right; you need a good amount of carbs when you’re trying to gain muscle.

15. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    Man, itís confusing with the amount of conflicting information out there. Iím going to start eating a more traditional bodybuilding type diet where carbs and protein are seen as near equal. Iíve consumed a lot of keto and carnivore propaganda this year, and many of the claims are true, but I believed youíre right; you need a good amount of carbs when youíre trying to gain muscle.
    Yeah it is tough. Keto can melt fat once adapted and is great from overall health/anti aging/endurance, but insulin is the most anabolic hormone so in my mind that makes it important when building muscle. I might be oversimplifying it tho

16. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    Man, it’s confusing with the amount of conflicting information out there. I’m going to start eating a more traditional bodybuilding type diet where carbs and protein are seen as near equal. I’ve consumed a lot of keto and carnivore propaganda this year, and many of the claims are true, but I believed you’re right; you need a good amount of carbs when you’re trying to gain muscle.
    It’s all about the deficit. I’m actually eating balanced macros right now B, L, and D. I am also not taking a fat burner and my appetite control has never been better. It’s almost making me realize how badly stims stimulate my appetite.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    Itís all about the deficit. Iím actually eating balanced macros right now B, L, and D. I am also not taking a fat burner and my appetite control has never been better. Itís almost making me realize how badly stims stimulate my appetite.
    Stims have never suppressed my appetite. They make me freaking ravenous. And yeah @YoungThor if you want to build good sized muscle you gotta do lots of compound movements. Heavier the better. Theres lots of conflicting info on this as well. But its whats worked for me calisthenics and endurance training lean you out but youre not gonna get big doing em. You ever seen someone into calisthenics thats huge? Theyre lean and can look kinda big because of how lean they are but the ones that look like that are doing it hours a day and prob on gear anyways. You wanna get big you gotta lift big and eat big. And as far as endurance training if you want to look malnourished good for you lol

18. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Stims have never suppressed my appetite. They make me freaking ravenous. And yeah @YoungThor if you want to build good sized muscle you gotta do lots of compound movements. Heavier the better. Theres lots of conflicting info on this as well. But its whats worked for me calisthenics and endurance training lean you out but youre not gonna get big doing em. You ever seen someone into calisthenics thats huge? Theyre lean and can look kinda big because of how lean they are but the ones that look like that are doing it hours a day and prob on gear anyways. You wanna get big you gotta lift big and eat big. And as far as endurance training if you want to look malnourished good for you lol
    Everyone responds differently. I'm moving away from heavy compound movements, besides weighted pull ups and weighted dips.
    Lately making good progress doing once a month a "heavy azz week" , the other weeks moderate weights and volume, mostly isolation and using TUT.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

19. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Everyone responds differently. I'm moving away from heavy compound movements, besides weighted pull ups and weighted dips.
    Lately making good progress doing once a month a "heavy azz week" , the other weeks moderate weights and volume, mostly isolation and using TUT.
    Yeah that stuff works too. But starting out i think its best to build your base on compound movements and get good at this stuff. Once you have a good base and you plateau move on to that stuff and you can break your plateau. For me the compound movements are king and that other stuff is just for accessories. But thats just me

20. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Yeah that stuff works too. But starting out i think its best to build your base on compound movements and get good at this stuff. Once you have a good base and you plateau move on to that stuff and you can break your plateau. For me the compound movements are king and that other stuff is just for accessories. But thats just me
    Agreed, at the beginning gaining strength and working out multiple muscles, with compound moves, is a sound approach.

21. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    I didn’t focus on compounds when I started lifting and I think I’m in a great place. I would do them but to completely tune my workouts to them? Naw.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    I didn’t focus on compounds when I started lifting and I think I’m in a great place. I would do them but to completely tune my workouts to them? Naw.
    Many roads leading to Rome.

23. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Many roads leading to Rome.
    FUK yeah

24. The eating aspect of this bulk won’t be an issue. I’m hungry constantly and I can really throw down a lot of grub. I’m actually an ectomorph, if you believe in those categories. I was always 155-160 lbs through high school and into my early 20s (and I’m 6’1). I was an all league basketball player and could run up and down the court all day, but stamina was all we worked on. Our team’s strength training was a joke. Then I went through a phase for a few years were I was making bad choices that were destroying my health, I only weighed 150 lbs, and I finally decided to get myself in order, started eating healthy and working out, ballooned all the way up to 200 because I overdid the eating and wanted to get there way to fast. I spent about a year working out at home doing mostly calisthenics and fighter-type workouts (I love boxing). The next year I started going to the gym but my workouts were predominantly isolation movements, and the compound movements I’d do were with dumbbells. This year I added some of the powerlifts but consistentcy hasn’t been there for me because of an injury. Now I’m finally healthy enough to pretty much do any type of lift again.

Well that was a little bit of my back story, but there is a question at the end of this. If I start making heavy compound movements my main focus when pursuing a more bulky looking musculature, should I stick to the medium to high rep range like a bodybuilder (let’s say 8-15 reps), or should I go close to my heaviest most the time like a power lifter (so more like 1-5 reps)? Obviously doing both is an option but there’s only so much time in a week, so which one should be my focus?

Thanks for any input. I’m glad I made this thread, it’s been productive.

25. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    The eating aspect of this bulk wonít be an issue. Iím hungry constantly and I can really throw down a lot of grub. Iím actually an ectomorph, if you believe in those categories. I was always 155-160 lbs through high school and into my early 20s (and Iím 6í1). I was an all league basketball player and could run up and down the court all day, but stamina was all we worked on. Our teamís strength training was a joke. Then I went through a phase for a few years were I was making bad choices that were destroying my health, I only weighed 150 lbs, and I finally decided to get myself in order, started eating healthy and working out, ballooned all the way up to 200 because I overdid the eating and wanted to get there way to fast. I spent about a year working out at home doing mostly calisthenics and fighter-type workouts (I love boxing). The next year I started going to the gym but my workouts were predominantly isolation movements, and the compound movements Iíd do were with dumbbells. This year I added some of the powerlifts but consistentcy hasnít been there for me because of an injury. Now Iím finally healthy enough to pretty much do any type of lift again.

Well that was a little bit of my back story, but there is a question at the end of this. If I start making heavy compound movements my main focus when pursuing a more bulky looking musculature, should I stick to the medium to high rep range like a bodybuilder (letís say 8-15 reps), or should I go close to my heaviest most the time like a power lifter (so more like 1-5 reps)? Obviously doing both is an option but thereís only so much time in a week, so which one should be my focus?

Thanks for any input. Iím glad I made this thread, itís been productive.
    I would mix it up. 1 week work on higher reps, following week go lower reps. Mix it up and keep those muscles guessing.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What body fat percentage?
    By Ihatbanas in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2017, 10:32 AM
  2. What is the Optimal Body Fat Percentage for Testosterone?
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 09:51 PM
  3. What body type am I based on these measurements?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
  4. What is body fat % ?
    By sonofsteven in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 06:35 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 04:18 PM