What Body Fat % am I???

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Also, I’m up 2-3 lbs, just to throw that out there. And you can see my right delt (left on your screen) and right pec still look deflated and atrophied. That’s because I was unable to use the right side of my body at all for about two months and I still have to play it safe sometimes. It sucks. I can’t do any shoulder work and the extent of my chest workout is currently very light dumbbell bench press. Legs, biceps, triceps, back, core, and cardio is what I can do pretty much full blast.

2. Quote Originally Posted by mikeymike85 View Post
    If you drink a lot, it's hard to be extremely fit. I've tried it and it never seems to work. If you want to look like Rambo, drinking is a big no no, lol.
    This is true. I’m still drinking 15-20 beers a week. That’s a lot of wasted calories. I’m about to leave for a music festival for the weekend so now isn’t the time for me to cut back haha. But starting Monday I’m going to hone in on diet and exercise for the next four weeks.

But also, you can drink a lot of beer and still be super fit, but you can’t drink a lot of beer and LOOK super fit. I’m in pretty damn good shape for someone who’s around 20% body fat. Right now I can run about a 6 minute mile and when my shoulder is healthy I can do 20 wide grip pull-ups. I know that isn’t **** compared to Rambo haha but it’s probably better than some guys on here who look much better than I do.
    •   

3. When I'm in real good shape I can get away with drinking like a fish and maintaining. But when trying to get in shape it's impossible. I find a happy medium with dropping beer and having a couple vodka sodas a few nights a week. Unfortunately it's beer league softball season so I'm rocking the dad bod for the next month or 2

4. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    I'm gonna say 20%
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    Definitely in the 20% range give or take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Low 20's
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzakif View Post
    20ís
    ^^^ This. Low 20, IMHO. Will be interesting to see how you look losing 3-4% BF.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    This is true. I’m still drinking 15-20 beers a week. That’s a lot of wasted calories. I’m about to leave for a music festival for the weekend so now isn’t the time for me to cut back haha. But starting Monday I’m going to hone in on diet and exercise for the next four weeks.

But also, you can drink a lot of beer and still be super fit, but you can’t drink a lot of beer and LOOK super fit. I’m in pretty damn good shape for someone who’s around 20% body fat. Right now I can run about a 6 minute mile and when my shoulder is healthy I can do 20 wide grip pull-ups. I know that isn’t **** compared to Rambo haha but it’s probably better than some guys on here who look much better than I do.
    I wish I could! LOL
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    ^^^ This. Low 20, IMHO. Will be interesting to see how you look losing 3-4% BF.
    I’d like to see that too. Hopefully I get there. I’ll post another picture in about a month.

7. Iíd say 18-22%. Iím not all that great at eyeballing bf percentage but you donít look bad by any means. Keep working hard bro.

8. You guys ready to talk about my fat again? Its only been about ten days since the last time I posted a picture but I’m thinking I’ll do an update. I feel like I’m starting to see some definite changes and I’m wondering if you guys can to. And when I post them, just tell it how it is. I got 4 weeks left to my cycle and if I gotta start going way harder I will. I probably should anyway.

9. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    You guys ready to talk about my fat again? Its only been about ten days since the last time I posted a picture but I’m thinking I’ll do an update. I feel like I’m starting to see some definite changes and I’m wondering if you guys can to. And when I post them, just tell it how it is. I got 4 weeks left to my cycle and if I gotta start going way harder I will. I probably should anyway.
    Make sure the lighting and location are the same as last time. Lighting can make a huge difference in judging progress.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    For product questions PM me or email:
    [email protected]

10. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    You guys ready to talk about my fat again? Its only been about ten days since the last time I posted a picture but I’m thinking I’ll do an update. I feel like I’m starting to see some definite changes and I’m wondering if you guys can to. And when I post them, just tell it how it is. I got 4 weeks left to my cycle and if I gotta start going way harder I will. I probably should anyway.
    Ready to judge.

11. @Jebrook made a good point. I gotta have quality control and take the picture in the same spot. I was gonna post pictures I took myself but I’ll wait until I can have someone take a picture of me in the same spot.

12. Quote Originally Posted by YoungThor View Post
    @Jebrook made a good point. I gotta have quality control and take the picture in the same spot. I was gonna post pictures I took myself but I’ll wait until I can have someone take a picture of me in the same spot.
    Definitely helps. Seriously though 15-20 beers a week is ridiculous for your goals. You need to cut it down. If I cut out ice cream and cake you can cut down the beers. You will definitely see a lot more progress if you cut it out completely.

13. Quote Originally Posted by zincalloy View Post
    Definitely helps. Seriously though 15-20 beers a week is ridiculous for your goals. You need to cut it down. If I cut out ice cream and cake you can cut down the beers. You will definitely see a lot more progress if you cut it out completely.
    Yeah, luckily my diet is pretty damn clean otherwise, so I just gotta focus on cutting out beer. I’ll update with a picture in three more weeks.

14. So I’m two weeks into pct and figured I’d update this. First of all I’d like to say that lgd is extremely weak or the lgd I had was underdosed. It didn’t feel like I was taking anything and it made no difference in my physique and I was on 22mg for 12 weeks. When I added the 6mg of yk for the last 6 weeks I could feel that I was taking something anabolic right away. I wish I would’ve just ran a cycle with that at about 12mg or so. I won’t bother with lgd again. So all in all, if there are some perceivable differences in my physique they’re certainly modest. But let’s see what a fresh set of eyes see. All pictures are are without a pump and unflexed. Do you think I’ve dropped some body fat? Most estimates for the before pics were that I was 20-22% and I believe that was probably a pretty accurate guess. I also gained 3 lbs from this cycle. The goal was a recomp. Anyway, what body fat percentage do you think I am now.

Before:

Name:  718164D8-CC5F-4A07-8F96-4EE7C0C69887.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  387.9 KB
    Name:  A781AEED-B1FB-4155-BD6D-E48EEBF0D5E9.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  456.4 KB

After:

Name:  159E652A-F4A4-4978-9DE7-B25EB4127672.jpeg
Views: 116
Size:  220.0 KB
    Name:  B150D0F7-940E-44DE-B1C5-A620E2D1E9FF.jpeg
Views: 117
Size:  231.8 KB

15. Also I’m thinking about doing a lean bulk next. I’m around 191 right now and I’d like to gain 10-12 pounds. Do you think this is a bad idea at my current body fat? I’d do it slowly over winter.

16. You look to have lost some bf, good job! Your shoulders and abs look more defined and less bulky. Iíd say youíre around 14-15% but no lower. As far as the bulk goes, Iíd go for it. Itís bulking season after all. Start your cut in February and enjoy the gains!

17. You did good! Go on and bulk up!

18. Sorry, I call BS on the 6 minute mile claim.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    Sorry, I call BS on the 6 minute mile claim.
    Whys that? I used to run a sub-6 minute mile back when i ran regularly. Its not unheard of. If someone runs regularly and works toward speed on the mile run its totally achievable. When i did it i didnt even know how to train for that specific goal and was just trying to get there for sh1ts and giggles. Didnt take that long either

20. Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    Sorry, I call BS on the 6 minute mile claim.
    I’d feel absolutely exhausted after it and probably be sore for days haha, but i can do it. Last time I ran a mile really hard for time I was a little over, probably closer to 6:15. I don’t know why that’s hard to believe. There’s guys who are 50 lbs overweight who run iron man’s.

21. Thanks @Brain5ick and @hairygrandpa for the support. Now it’s time to make some gains so I have more muscle when I start cutting next spring.

22. Defiantly in 20s. I wouldnít worry about percentages though. Just use the mirror. If it was me I would cut hard.

23. This was with about two weeks left in my cycle. It was the moment I realized that I believe I crossed from the low 20s in body fat to the high teens. But I don’t know for sure, @Jstrong20 could be right.

Name:  05274562-71DE-4087-A08A-3F5A58992C33.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  295.0 KB

I’m really at a crossroads with what I want to do next. Maybe I should try to cut a few pounds. But maybe it’d be smarter to try to gain muscle now and then cut down next spring/summer. I could also just keep training hard, eat around maintenance, but adjust my diet so that way it’s good for gaining muscle and losing fat. I believe the way to do that is to keep protein very high and carbs very low, essentially almost a carnivore diet.

I’d like to point out three things.
    1. Look at my love handles from the straight on view in the before pic. I think that’s an obvious area where some fat came off.
    2. I went from barely fitting in my pants at the beginning of the cycle to needing a belt. So that’s a good sign that I’m heading in the right direction.
    3. I really need to start targeting my lower chest so it pops more. Losing more fat will also help this but I realize most of my chest workout hits the upper part, leaving the lower part underdeveloped.

Anyway, those are some comments I wanted to throw out there. I’m open to more comments on what body fat percentage you think I am, and more importantly what you think I should do from here. I’ll be deliberating for the next couple days about whether bulking or cutting is the better idea.

24. Id go for gaining as much muscle as possible this winter then cut next spring. If you hit it hard and eat alot you can gain alot of size in that amount of time

25. Name:  3F07051B-535E-4166-AFE5-E86F4AF893F7.jpeg
Views: 85
Size:  635.9 KB

This is for @Rockzilla

I just did this right now. I like a good challenge. As you can see I’m quite a bit above 6 but I haven’t trained consistently for speed in a half a year. But this should give you an idea of how fast I can run when I run for time on a weekly basis. Also, in my opinion you have to shave around 10 seconds off when you use a machine like this because it takes the treadmill some time to get up to the speed you want to start out at and that whole time the seconds are ticking away. Last thing I want to mention is that I looked up how fast I’d have to run ahead of time and supposedly you have to run an average of 8.4 mph in order to run a six minute mile. So I decided to never go under 8.4 mph and to go as high as 10 mph. My average was probably about 8.9 mph. Anyway, this confused me because I thought my results would be below six minutes by doing this. I’m still satisfied with the time after not running like this in a while though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What body fat percentage?
    By Ihatbanas in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2017, 10:32 AM
  2. What is the Optimal Body Fat Percentage for Testosterone?
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 09:51 PM
  3. What body type am I based on these measurements?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
  4. What is body fat % ?
    By sonofsteven in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 06:35 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 04:18 PM